TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

<p>The overuse penalties seem excessively harsh and arbitrary. I get it in theory but it shouldn't be so severe. Modern examples being AJ Styles in NJPW and Angel Garza in WWE. In both cases guys were mid/main within a few shows. But in TEW 2020 they'd be tanking the hell out of matches/shows.</p><p> </p><p>

There has to be a middle ground between the severe staggered limits and no limits at all.</p>

How do I assign someone a manager? I just signed Floyd Goldworthy and I don't see anywhere to assign him to manage someone or to assign a manager to an individual worker.

Roster, click on the yellow bit at the top saying something like "This Guy is a 30 year old White American male wrestler" (for the wrestler, not the manager.)

It opens up a page which lets you adjust a bunch of stuff - middle column, about halfway down, has manager; select from an alphabetical list there.

In response to the bold, really? I've never seen a show that wasn't roughly what I expected from the final grades and from penalties etc. The grading system doesn't work like that, once you have the grades for the key segments you can figure it out using a direct calculation, as Bull says.

I was responding initially to the person saying 'overuse penalties are not that drastic' - for me, they are pretty drastic and that's why people have posted unsure why their cards are super low compared to what they expected. Like you, if I wasn't testing, I'd never overuse someone for this long, but other people have done so without realising what a massive effect it has, and it's helpful to them if they can see what kind of penalty they can expect.

when I say "exact same show" I mean if i run Aaron Andrews vs Wolf Hawkins, same match, ending etc, I could get a 82 on one show, and a 90 the next. The rating didn't drop purely because of overuse, the show was just worse with ratings on the same things. That was what the bold meant

Heel turn

I still can't work this out :( I keep using 'turn' on the road agent notes but the guy is still a babyface

As far as I know, legacies are still 'types' of regeneration. So if regeneration is turned off entirely, legacies won't happen either.

You need to use the Turn road agent note. When you get to that angle in the show, the Handle Changes button will become active. You're right though, the handbook doesn't mention that. I've reported it in the typos thread.

when I say "exact same show" I mean if i run Aaron Andrews vs Wolf Hawkins, same match, ending etc, I could get a 82 on one show, and a 90 the next. The rating didn't drop purely because of overuse, the show was just worse with ratings on the same things. That was what the bold meant

Yes, the match ratings can vary, but once you know the ratings for the matches, it's really easy to work out the rating for the overall show, trust me. It's really clear that the overuse dropped it. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, prior to retesting, the original test I ran was looking at a card and running it twelve times, six with 4 people getting overuse notes and six without anyone getting penalised for overuse. Do you really think it's a coincidence that the six without anyone penalised were all at least 8 points higher than any of the six with people penalised?!

That's valid yes but If you do the math yourself that second example he posted should score something like a 64, without knowing the exact match and angle ratio it's hard to say what it would be exactly, but based on the setting's being used and knowing how the show grade is calculated there's no way to do the math to get a 54 show grade with the matches and angles on that show, so something is bringing it down that 54. .

Main Event Focus means 90% of the match grade comes from the Main Event

The other 10% is the average of the rest of the card. .

So you get 54 points from the main event and 6.1 from the average of the other 4 matches which give you a 60.1 match grade

then the angles on tight focus is 90% the highest rated angle and 10% the second highest. .

So Angle one gives you 71.1 and angle 2 gives you 7.4 for a 78.5 angle grade

now the final show grade is based on the ratio of matches to angles, and CWA's TV ratio is expected to be 75% matches and 25% angles so we can assume that show is in that range +or- 10%

if you assume he's right on that ratio the show grade should come out to 64.7ish or 65 rounded. .

at an 85/15 ratio the grade would be still be a 62.8

and at a 65/35 ratio it would be a 66.5

The point isn't about the variance in the matches and angles themselves, as that's pretty much known to be able to vary wildly. . The point trying to be made is how overuse can impact the final show grade regardless of how well the segments themselves do, which is pretty much proven here, barring some other unknown factor at work. .

Sure it's probably not wise to overuse that many people in the first place, but it doesn't hurt to know how it effects things if you do. .

if you assume he's right on that ratio the show grade should come out to 64.7ish or 65 rounded. .

Sure it's probably not wise to overuse that many people in the first place, but it doesn't hurt to know how it effects things if you do. .

Yeah, was right on the ratio so would have been 65 without penalties. Thanks for doing the calculations. :) (And I definitely wouldn't recommend overusing that many people, but one of the most common things I've seen for people being confused about super low show ratings compared to their main event is overuse penalties kicking in, so wanted to show just how bad it was.)

alright, fair. I must admit when i'm wrong and you guys are right. I guess for me when i get the note its like "slightly overused" for 1, maybe 2 guys, so I didn't know the full extent of how much it can truly knock that rating.

Well explained.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="shadowmaster" data-cite="shadowmaster" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How do we give our child companies access to our owned broadcast company? I know I did it in 2016 - just cant find it here. Or was it with fellow alliance members?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Go to your office, click on 'child companies', and there's a button for 'own broadcaster'.</p>

<p>Can someone please help! I've been trying to turn Hangman heel for ages now, and I didnt realise it didnt do it automatically after the road agent notes - but the 'handle changes' button is always greyed out, and i think thats the one I need to press to confirm the heel change? </p><p> </p><p>

Also, how fdo you change a gimmick? Love the game but its not newbie friendly <span class="ipsEmoji">😂</span></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="cobble88" data-cite="cobble88" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Can someone please help! I've been trying to turn Hangman heel for ages now, and I didnt realise it didnt do it automatically after the road agent notes - but the 'handle changes' button is always greyed out, and i think thats the one I need to press to confirm the heel change? <p> </p><p> Also, how fdo you change a gimmick? Love the game but its not newbie friendly <span class="ipsEmoji">😂</span></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> From the roster screen click on "works as a heel" or "works as a face" to go to the turns screen. Click on the gimmick to change gimmick.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="steesh07" data-cite="steesh07" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is there a PDF version of the handbook?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I really wish there was, but as far as I know there isn't.</p>

<p>Just with the Overuse penalty, I’m with Jaded on this one, it definitely has an impact.</p><p> </p><p>

The good thing about TEW2020 though is that your Booking Analysis screen now tells you if anyone is going to hit that penalty so you can easily avoid it. I love that addition.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Doctor Crunch" data-cite="Doctor Crunch" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>From the roster screen click on "works as a heel" or "works as a face" to go to the turns screen. Click on the gimmick to change gimmick.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You still have to trigger the change in a match or angle</p>

Release Wrestler

Hey

So I just started the game, never played one before. I added a Ruthless Aggression Database and took over WWE, now I'm wondering, is there a way to release wrestlers early? or must I wait until their contracts run out?

Thanks

Hey

So I just started the game, never played one before. I added a Ruthless Aggression Database and took over WWE, now I'm wondering, is there a way to release wrestlers early? or must I wait until their contracts run out?

Thanks

On the roster screen, select the wrestler you want, click on either of the arrows to the left or right of where it says popularity. This will bring up their contract screen, which has a 'release' button.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="mrpengo88" data-cite="mrpengo88" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Why does my backstage interviewer have Ice Cold momentum despite not being a wrestler and never being involved in any feuds?<p> </p><p> and/or</p><p> </p><p> Why am I so much less popular in Tasmania than the other regions in Oceania?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The non-wrestler momentum dropping over time thing is something that's since been changed in recent patches. And if you have the newest patch applied, you can go to Options, hit Remote Help and add in the code 'staffmomfix' to reset all of the non-wrestlers and retired wrestlers' momentum to Neutral. But keep in mind this also means you'll be losing all positive momentum for these people as well.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jhtrewin" data-cite="jhtrewin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Do pre-show matches affect overall show ratings? If so, how do you guys give experience to your lower card guys? Do you just book them on a b-show?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Pre-Show matches do not impact your final show grade.</p>

2 question about preset tours?

say if I want to create a preset tour for "G1 CLIMAX" , so do I make a normal G1 CLIMAX event in the events section, then go to preset tours and add "G1 CLIMAX, start week 4 june, end 1 week august" something like that?

and another question, if I make a company preset tours, does that mean they won't create they own random tours throughtout the year, AI speaking