TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

TWO Brand Issue, AEW

Hi everyone, I'm running an AEW save and created a brand split. Both "A" shows, one is still Dynamite and the new one is Switchblade. When I book the Switchblade show,I don't have any of the Dynamite workers on the booking screen for angles/matches which as you can imagine makes it so much easier to book quickly. The issue I have is on Dynamite, all the wrestlers still show up when I only need the Dynamite ones to show up like I get on the Switchblade show. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks a lot

why do my authority figures have low momentum? theyre never booked to wrestle and theyre never in any angles where they look bad, any tips on how it works? or how to raise theirs specifically? i do want to bring this particular authority figure out of retirement to put over adam cole and i cant get the figure to promise because his momentum is so low. i also want the match to mean something and get as high a rating as possible.

why do my authority figures have low momentum? theyre never booked to wrestle and theyre never in any angles where they look bad, any tips on how it works? or how to raise theirs specifically? i do want to bring this particular authority figure out of retirement to put over adam cole and i cant get the figure to promise because his momentum is so low. i also want the match to mean something and get as high a rating as possible.

What are you doing with said authority figure? My authority figure has 'white hot' momentum, because she's used 2-4 times per show in very highly rated angles. It's the same with everyone. If the worker is in strong segments, they'll gain momentum.

How does a worker go to a Selfish personality without ever doing anything to gain it?

I just had Kris Statlander develop it, but she has never been called into wrestler's court.... been in the news... or done anything to create the change. Literally, I just spent months of game time turning her into a huge star and after my last PPV she came out of it with the Selfish personality.

I'm about to book for ROH's Survival of the Fittest. When it comes to tournaments like that, how do you book them? I feel like I'll get penalized for having people wrestle in multiple matches. I know at some point I'll want to do New Japan and know I'll have to deal with booking the G1. So any help about booking tournaments would be very helpful.

How does a worker go to a Selfish personality without ever doing anything to gain it?

I just had Kris Statlander develop it, but she has never been called into wrestler's court.... been in the news... or done anything to create the change. Literally, I just spent months of game time turning her into a huge star and after my last PPV she came out of it with the Selfish personality.

How old is she? In previous games if you pushed young talent really hard it could go to their heads and they'd develop negative traits. Selfish sounds right. She's gotten used to winning and being a star over everyone around her.

I don't have anything that says move here.

You need to turn on Placement Mode (top row of buttons, near the middle).

Is it possible to sign people straigh to (NXT) or do you have to sign them to wwe and then (send them away). Because on my nxt save wwe just sign people to me, and when im wwe i cant seem to do the same?

If they're a child company (which they should be), there'll be an option on the screen when you confirm the signing, below the option for them to start as a face or a heel.

Hi everyone, I'm running an AEW save and created a brand split. Both "A" shows, one is still Dynamite and the new one is Switchblade. When I book the Switchblade show,I don't have any of the Dynamite workers on the booking screen for angles/matches which as you can imagine makes it so much easier to book quickly. The issue I have is on Dynamite, all the wrestlers still show up when I only need the Dynamite ones to show up like I get on the Switchblade show. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks a lot

It sounds like you haven't assigned Dynamite to the Dynamite brand, so it's counted as unbranded. Should be able to do that from the Events & TV menu.

Is there a way to send someone do your child company after you've appointed them owner/booker?

I have recently created "MOLLIE" to have rookies develop there. From my roster I appointed Phoenix III and Critico. But when I tried to move them there for a smaller roster and no potential morale issues, I'm not allowed to, because they are already there.

Furthermore: Is it on purpose, that retiring workers who start backstage careers suddenly demand MORE money?

That seems very counter-intuitive.

I get that a famous on air personality wants more money than an unknown. But it still should be less than what an active guy earns, who puts his body underline.

Even if a guy is more useful as a producer than a low card guy, at least his wage demand shouldn't explode.

I'm currently playing as AEW as the booker but not the owner. One of my goals is to get AEW to not be below #3 in the world by a certain date. I'm currently sitting in 6 but 3 of the companies in front of me are a lower size, less momentum, less prestige and less popularity. How is the company ranking determined exactly? Thanks

Just wanted to bump this one up to see if anyone knew the answer. Thanks

Has anyone messed around with the brands? I want to have a women's brand and dev brand for SWF and was wondering the best way to showcase the talent without it hurting the company pop? B shows don't help enough with pop to be worth it and they can't handle their own A show yet. Would it be better to run weekly lesser events for those brands or stick with the B show plan? I tried a month with the brands on B shows and it wasn't worth it imo so wanted to ask what others had tried or been successful with.

Is there a way to send someone do your child company after you've appointed them owner/booker?

I have recently created "MOLLIE" to have rookies develop there. From my roster I appointed Phoenix III and Critico. But when I tried to move them there for a smaller roster and no potential morale issues, I'm not allowed to, because they are already there.

Furthermore: Is it on purpose, that retiring workers who start backstage careers suddenly demand MORE money?

That seems very counter-intuitive.

I get that a famous on air personality wants more money than an unknown. But it still should be less than what an active guy earns, who puts his body underline.

Even if a guy is more useful as a producer than a low card guy, at least his wage demand shouldn't explode.

Wrestlers base wage demands on overness. Backstage workers base wage demands on the appropriate skill for their role.

This can result in a worker with, for instance, high Psychology, respect and experience but low overness being a lot more expensive as a road agent than a wrestler. Marcos Flores at OLLIE as a cverse example.

But it still should be less than what an active guy earns, who puts his body underline.

I don't know where you're getting this from. A producer is FAR more useful than an in-ring worker, unless that in-ring worker has the skills to also be a producer. Anyone who has played TEW for a few games can tell you how sought after Crippler Ray Kingman (the best producer in the game for a few years/games running) was in past games or even Steve Flash (wrestler who could also be a producer). An in-ring worker "puts his body on the line" once a show, maybe twice. A producer can affect every match on the card.

In previous games, a road agent of Crippler Ray Kingman's level (100 psych, 100 respect) was dirt cheap, relative to their impact. This year, road agents ("producers") are paid fairly, given their potential impact. That's the long and short of it. A decent in-ring worker who makes a good to great road agent should be paid according to their value in their new role.

Wrestlers base wage demands on overness. Backstage workers base wage demands on the appropriate skill for their role.

This can result in a worker with, for instance, high Psychology, respect and experience but low overness being a lot more expensive as a road agent than a wrestler. Marcos Flores at OLLIE as a cverse example.

Makes sense.

I wouldn't mind, that Marcos Flores continues to get a high wage. But Critico suddenly wanted his orginal salary multiple times, which would have put him up to my top earners.

That's what I find weird: Road Agents getting as much as my top stars and double/triple of my mid card guys.

Question about Internet Subscription Models:

I have pretty big popularity everywhere at this stage. I don't have the money to do it right now, but I've played around to see what I'd be making if I changed to an Internet Subscription model in the long run with Huge or Enormous coverage everywhere.

Even though I'm over 80 in nearly every region, and the break even point is supposedly 80 for Enormous, the preview says that I would be making a profit of $3,533 per month on subscriptions at the present. Is that for the whole company? When USPW was still Large, they were bringing in like 8 million per month on broadcasting despite the fact that they are and were on a self-owned Internet Subscription Model in Reverie. What's the disconnect? What am I missing here?

Thanks.

Question about Internet Subscription Models:

I have pretty big popularity everywhere at this stage. I don't have the money to do it right now, but I've played around to see what I'd be making if I changed to an Internet Subscription model in the long run with Huge or Enormous coverage everywhere.

Even though I'm over 80 in nearly every region, and the break even point is supposedly 80 for Enormous, the preview says that I would be making a profit of $3,533 per month on subscriptions at the present. Is that for the whole company? When USPW was still Large, they were bringing in like 8 million per month on broadcasting despite the fact that they are and were on a self-owned Internet Subscription Model in Reverie. What's the disconnect? What am I missing here?

Thanks.

So following up on this, it seems like the profit listed here is just for the actual subscriptions and the real money comes from advertising? Is there any way to determine ~ how much money you'd make from advertising in different models?

Is it just me or does title prestige increase at a crazy low rate?

I've had 15 defenses of my primary title in the last year with an average match rating of around 90. The belt started at 57 and has risen to a whopping 61. At this rate it'll be on par with the other big company's titles in about a decade.

That can't be right. Am I just bugged, maybe?

Is it just me or does title prestige increase at a crazy low rate?

I've had 15 defenses of my primary title in the last year with an average match rating of around 90. The belt started at 57 and has risen to a whopping 61. At this rate it'll be on par with the other big company's titles in about a decade.

That can't be right. Am I just bugged, maybe?

What is your company size? It might be capped on that.

The handbook doesn't seem to address title prestige at all.

What is your company size? It might be capped on that.

Large.

I'm running a Large promotion and my top belt is rated 6-friggin-1. The AI bookers are laughing at me. Hell, I could create a brand new title that starts with 80 prestige, but I'd lose my lineage.

...I just noticed it's also coincidentally ranked 61st on the compare prestige screen. Ugh.