TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

In previous years if I wanted someone like a Sid Vicious or like a Vader to beat someone up after the match, the easiest and best results came from having the angle be based on menace. This time around seemingly any menace based angle gets the "this suffered from the lack of anything interesting going on". I've heard talk in the past of passive stats. Is this to mean that menace based angles are going to perform poorly? At first I thought it was the time, but even three minute menace based angles seem to perform poorly. Is there another route to go from this sort of scenario to get better results?

In previous years if I wanted someone like a Sid Vicious or like a Vader to beat someone up after the match, the easiest and best results came from having the angle be based on menace. This time around seemingly any menace based angle gets the "this suffered from the lack of anything interesting going on". I've heard talk in the past of passive stats. Is this to mean that menace based angles are going to perform poorly? At first I thought it was the time, but even three minute menace based angles seem to perform poorly. Is there another route to go from this sort of scenario to get better results?

Overness, sex appeal, Menace might be something else have been limited by all accounts.

If you are doing, wanting a Beat down angle, probably better to rate one on fighting and selling

Yea Fighting/Selling is how an angle like you described is intended to be rated. Menace means Vader is just standing there looking intimidating. Nothing else.

Is there a way to get a worker to actively learn a language or is it just a gradual process based on how much they work in a foreign country

It's gradual, based on where they are and what languages are spoken in the locker room. You can't influence the speed or actively tell them to learn a language.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Adam Ryland" data-cite="Adam Ryland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It's gradual, based on where they are and what languages are spoken in the locker room. You can't influence the speed or actively tell them to learn a language.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> What does learning a language do for you</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ShaunGBD" data-cite="ShaunGBD" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What does learning a language do for you</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> my guys that dont speak Japanese (where i am based) basically cant do promos as its always getting a penalty for not speaking the same language as the fans</p>

Any MMA or "MMA" types I can bring in to tag with James Diaz? (Small promotion) - preferably more experienced guys. Not sure he would learn much by tagging with Jay Silver and Hammer Hadley?

Jayson Van Pelt is a fav of mine. For me he's a bit of a poor man's AJ Styles...and he's known for being a globetrotter type who can work different styles (Mexico/Japan/North America). He might not be MMA (he can brawl a bit) but he might be a solid smaller high flyer to pair with a big guy like Diaz? Diaz could watch his back in singles too?

Any MMA or "MMA" types I can bring in to tag with James Diaz? (Small promotion) - preferably more experienced guys. Not sure he would learn much by tagging with Jay Silver and Hammer Hadley?

Billy Russell would work. He's a legit former MMA fighter. He's on the tail end of his career and could be a good mentor or fit the gimmick pretty well.

Willie York is also a veteran that is an MMA crossover.

Goemon Komiya is 34 and a former MMA fighter working for PGHW where James' dad worked.

Hi everyone. Quick question. I'm fairly new to TEW but really enjoying it. I'm getting a lot of matches where the participants have performance ratings of 90+ but the match rating is in the 80s because of a lack of psychology. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to improve the psychology of a match? Could be something obvious that I havent figured out yet

Hi everyone. Quick question. I'm fairly new to TEW but really enjoying it. I'm getting a lot of matches where the participants have performance ratings of 90+ but the match rating is in the 80s because of a lack of psychology. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to improve the psychology of a match? Could be something obvious that I havent figured out yet

It's referring to the Psychology rating of the competitors - someone in the match needs to have a high enough rating to 'lead' the match, otherwise you get a penalty. Very roughly speaking, you would need someone in the match whose score (after modifications have taken place) is around equal (or preferably higher) than the match rating that you would have gotten.

It's referring to the Psychology rating of the competitors - someone in the match needs to have a high enough rating to 'lead' the match, otherwise you get a penalty. Very roughly speaking, you would need someone in the match whose score (after modifications have taken place) is around equal (or preferably higher) than the match rating that you would have gotten.

Cool, thanks very much for your help!

Has something about the regions of Mexico changed recently? Because I feel like the regions are all different from what they were when I stopped playing my game back in September, and I'm pretty confused by what is what down there now.

I seem to recall it being like East, West, South, ETC and now it's Centro, Noreste, Noroccidente, ETC

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="John Waylon" data-cite="John Waylon" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Has something about the regions of Mexico changed recently? Because I feel like the regions are all different from what they were when I stopped playing my game back in September, and I'm pretty confused by what is what down there now. <p> </p><p> I seem to recall it being like East, West, South, ETC and now it's Centro, Noreste, Noroccidente, ETC</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That's been the case since the Beta release of TEW 2020 lol</p>

So I'm in Nov, and SWF just had in event called Break like the Wind.... Without closer inspection, it looks like the logo just says break wind, I almost spit up my food. Anyone else notice?

also, I'm starting to notice that despite having a safe product with rare gimmick matches and bans on high risk and spinal moves, workers in my company have faster decreasing health than I'd expect. Nearly all free agents with 5 solid years have at least one body part at the penalty level. Anyone else seeing this issue? can anything be done to improve health once it's lost? how big/consistent is the penalty?

I'm slowly starting to feel health degrades too quickly and that skills, particularly for experienced workers, rise too quickly (guys that had 0 for a stat after a decade of experience are now gaining a point or two monthly without being anyone's protege).

I'm playing as WCW in 2020 (based on the US) I have some good japanese workers who are pretty over in Japan but are unimportant or recognisable on the US... If I run an event in Japan... will they still be viewed as unimportant? Or it will use their popularity rating from the region the show is taking place?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Adelwolf" data-cite="Adelwolf" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm playing as WCW in 2020 (based on the US) I have some good japanese workers who are pretty over in Japan but are unimportant or recognisable on the US... If I run an event in Japan... will they still be viewed as unimportant? Or it will use their popularity rating from the region the show is taking place?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> When I did this it still treated them as unimportant. I still got the same message about the fans being unhappy about unimportant workers being on the main card.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="damaster" data-cite="damaster" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Many Workers in their Prime are retiring around age 40.<p> </p><p> And some little promotions raise their production departments to the max and after a short time reduce it to the former level.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The production part is because they're getting penalties for having lower production values than a competitor. </p><p> Odds are the reason they lower them is because raising them caused them to get too far into debt to be able to afford to maintain those higher values.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ShaunGBD" data-cite="ShaunGBD" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What does learning a language do for you</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's pretty much just for promos. If you're an American promotion and you bring in a Japanese wrestler who doesn't speak English you're going to get a penalty for a segment where they speak because they won't be able to connect with the audience.</p>