TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

My guess is the roster has a lot of wrestlers who will only work A shows and above...leaving the 'B' show without enough workers. You'll probably need to sign a handful of young workers with just enough popularity who can be booked on the B show and who also will be booked. I've noticed that unless wrestlers are part of a tag team, if they don't have enough popularity they won't get auto booked. Check the roster of your child company and look at the contracts the wrestlers have...and see how many more you need to sign to fill out the B show.

Thanks for this! that does indeed seem to be the issue

My major stars have moved down to just star, and my stars moved down to well known. I am running BCG where the tours have all tag matches unless there is a tournament going. I keep giving the people I want to move up wins on the tours but in some cases, they go down another level. What is the best way to increase the fan's perception of my workers?

My major stars have moved down to just star, and my stars moved down to well known. I am running BCG where the tours have all tag matches unless there is a tournament going. I keep giving the people I want to move up wins on the tours but in some cases, they go down another level. What is the best way to increase the fan's perception of my workers?

Just my perspective based on my own experience, but I imagine the total grades or 'score' for your tour shows are not as high as the pop of your Major Stars...so them continually being a part of tour shows that don't grade as high as their pop is probably what's dragging their score down.

I haven't run a touring promotion yet, but I've noticed the best way to raise workers pop and 'star status' is just putting on great shows that grade well...and specifically, main event or title matches (with good storylines behind them) usually increase a workers pop significantly.

For example, I just ran a storyline where David Stone challenged for the CWA World Title. Ran a few angles/tag/6 man tag matches as build up to the Title match at my PPV...and even though he lost the Title match, his pop went from low 80's to 87 in one month. Having a hot storyline imo is key too...so if you're going to be running a lot of 6 man tags during tours, make sure the stars are at least a part of a storyline...and maybe instead of all 6 man tags, run the occasional high profile singles or tag match (with 3 other stars) on tour to up their score.

Just my two cents.

If a worker I'm supposed to be talent trading gets injured, I can just use the release button to send him back right?

Also has anyone found a way to balance finances yourself, it seems after a couple of years all the companies just hoard cash.

I use "the heater" method. Set workers to be managers for other workers.

If a worker I'm supposed to be talent trading gets injured, I can just use the release button to send him back right?

Also has anyone found a way to balance finances yourself, it seems after a couple of years all the companies just hoard cash.

In the eras setting you can change PPV buyrates to lower and it definitely helps. I usually have a 99 year era or something just so it’ll last the entire game length. I’m not sure what is the sweet spot yet but it’s something I’ve been messing with on a macro level instead of meddling with each individual company.

I've got a 2004 WWE game going I have went back to, with OVW as a child company do I need to hire and send down trainers for it? I'm sure that was part of last TEW but cant find anything on it for 2020.

Trainers aren't a thing in TEW2020. It doesn't hurt to send down talented, but unpopular workers though since development complaints are based on popularity for some strange reason.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="mad5226" data-cite="mad5226" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Two quick questions I can't seem to find....<p> </p><p> 1. When searching for workers who do I filter by people available for work (as compared to someone under contract)</p><p> 2. When searching for workers, where do I see how well they can play a face/heel?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> 1. Under the Filter: Scouting -> Intention -> change it from "To View" to "To Hire"</p><p> 2. Check the attributes of the worker. If nothing regarding Heel/Face is listed there, they can play both equally well.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="mad5226" data-cite="mad5226" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Two quick questions I can't seem to find....<p> </p><p> 1. When searching for workers who do I filter by people available for work (as compared to someone under contract)</p><p> 2. When searching for workers, where do I see how well they can play a face/heel?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> 1: There is a dropdown box with the options "to view" and "to hire". "To hire" will filter out everyone with an exclusive written contract. "To view" is the default. </p><p> </p><p> 2: There are arrows at the top of the skill box/window that point left/right. Click those to quickly check the attributes the worker has. "Better as Heel/Face" is an attribute that shows up there. (as well as "Cannot play Legitimate", etc.)</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Ultimate" data-cite="Ultimate" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Can you make your weekly TV show a tribute show and how?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No, tribute shows are AI ran shows for dead wrestlers</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Vinsmoker" data-cite="Vinsmoker" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>1. Under the Filter: Scouting -> Intention -> change it from "To View" to "To Hire"<p> 2. Check the attributes of the worker. If nothing regarding Heel/Face is listed there, they can play both equally well.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thank you! I knew I had to just be over looking it.</p>

Popularity capped?

Hi, I am playing with 93' mod and no matter how much I try to push certain workers, they don't get over after a particular point.

The British Bulldog - 78 popularity

Owen Heart - 77

Shawn Michaels - 82

Tatanka - 70

Is there any way I can change this setting / remove default cap? Thanks.

Hi, I am playing with 93' mod and no matter how much I try to push certain workers, they don't get over after a particular point.

Owen Heart - 77

Shawn Michaels - 82

Tatanka - 70

Are these your most popular workers? I know a patch recently changed the dynamic to limit how many major stars and stars you can generate. I seem to remember there isn’t a cap on popularity, only skills.

Owen Heart - 77

Shawn Michaels - 82

Tatanka - 70

If you want to "cheat", you can make them 100 overall in the editor, advance a day, then put them back. At least this worked in 2016...

Are these your most popular workers? I know a patch recently changed the dynamic to limit how many major stars and stars you can generate. I seem to remember there isn’t a cap on popularity, only skills.

Most popular are The Undertaker, Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Razar Ramon and Lex Luger. I got two separate brands with separate TV shows.

There are also wrestlers like Bret Hart, Scott Steiner and The Million Dollar Man who are between these top stars and capped stars. I don't think there is a limit to major stars that a company can have because only few specific workers are impacted by popularity cap. I am still able to create new major stars with other workers (e.g. Giant Gonzalez).

If you want to "cheat", you can make them 100 overall in the editor, advance a day, then put them back. At least this worked in 2016...

I can use editor if it fixes the cap issue. Do you think if popularity is changed to max and reverted back to original after an in-game day, it will remove the cap setting?

I can use editor if it fixes the cap issue. Do you think if popularity is changed to max and reverted back to original after an in-game day, it will remove the cap setting?

You don't even need to advance a day. Just max out their pop, save and close the worker's profile and then reopen it and set it back to what it was. It breaks the cap. Also works on skills that have capped out too.