TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

<p>Is there any way to gain popularity when you're not winning a regional battle?</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

In my RPW game on the 97 mod I typically finish behind DAVE in the Mid Atlantic and Tri State battles. Fair enough - they have Vengeance, who's worth about 150% of any wrestler I have under contract. But between that and being behind AMW on one production category, my shows are penalised every time and I'm only just hovering over the 35 threshold to drop from Small to Tiny.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

I have Dark Eagle (hopefully!) coming in to push up our show ratings beyond 50 which we seem to now be hitting fairly consistently, but we're taking heavy losses each month trying to offset AMW's crazy production levels. And yes, I know that AMW are fated to go bankrupt eventually (they're losing about 100k a month vs. our 50k) but I'm currently fighting to stand still until they do, and while they're still solvent I can't drop my production levels as I'll still be losing money.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Mike7273" data-cite="Mike7273" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How do you add stable frames or backgrounds to worker pics?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> OK. I figured out how to convert to .gif, but I'm not seeing that the format of the pictures has changed in the picture folder.</p>

OK. I figured out how to convert to .gif, but I'm not seeing that the format of the pictures has changed in the picture folder.

The option only changes what file format the game is looking for, it does not convert any of the pictures. You need to either convert them yourself using an image editor or download a .gif picture pack.

Also note that if you want stable backgrounds to show up behind the workers you will either need to remove the background yourself before converting or find picture packs that already have transparent backgrounds.

Is there any way to gain popularity when you're not winning a regional battle?

In my RPW game on the 97 mod I typically finish behind DAVE in the Mid Atlantic and Tri State battles. Fair enough - they have Vengeance, who's worth about 150% of any wrestler I have under contract. But between that and being behind AMW on one production category, my shows are penalised every time and I'm only just hovering over the 35 threshold to drop from Small to Tiny.

I have Dark Eagle (hopefully!) coming in to push up our show ratings beyond 50 which we seem to now be hitting fairly consistently, but we're taking heavy losses each month trying to offset AMW's crazy production levels. And yes, I know that AMW are fated to go bankrupt eventually (they're losing about 100k a month vs. our 50k) but I'm currently fighting to stand still until they do, and while they're still solvent I can't drop my production levels as I'll still be losing money.

Yes. You can gain popularity and lose the regional battle. Losing the regional battle affects your attendance by 5% for the following month (winning gives you a 5% boost), but it doesn't affect your ability to gain popularity. If your shows are still good enough to gain popularity, you'll continue to go up.

There is; however, a maximum amount of popularity you can gain per month to keep people from having meteoric rises/being able to spam shows to go up in popularity very quickly.

Yes. You can gain popularity and lose the regional battle. Losing the regional battle affects your attendance by 5% for the following month (winning gives you a 5% boost), but it doesn't affect your ability to gain popularity. If your shows are still good enough to gain popularity, you'll continue to go up.

Thanks Historian. I've gone up 1-2% now, so slow progress even with weekly shows - but it is happening.

Any idea how long a company needs to be in the red to go bankrupt? I have 2 months ahead of me before I dip into the red. AMW have been in the red since February (it's now September) but they actually turned a four figure profit last month. Even if they crash in the next two months, PPPW have Production Values and Music equal to mine - although they've recently doubled their production costs and trebled their worker costs, so they're running into the red at the same point we are.

Thanks Historian. I've gone up 1-2% now, so slow progress even with weekly shows - but it is happening.

Any idea how long a company needs to be in the red to go bankrupt? I have 2 months ahead of me before I dip into the red. AMW have been in the red since February (it's now September) but they actually turned a four figure profit last month. Even if they crash in the next two months, PPPW have Production Values and Music equal to mine - although they've recently doubled their production costs and trebled their worker costs, so they're running into the red at the same point we are.

According to the in game handbook, "Bankruptcy will happen if a company is in debt for many consecutive months. The amount of debt is not relevant, all that matters is how many months in a row the company has a negative bank balance. The amount of months that a company can last depends primarily on their current size (ranging from 6 months to three years) but that can be extended if the company has been in business for more than a decade (with the older they are, the bigger the leeway). All companies get a grace period of one year when they first open in which their financial performance does not count towards any bankruptcy calculation."

I'm not sure exactly how long you will have in the red before bankruptcy, but it sounds like you will have at least six months, and probably more as long as you aren't at the smallest size.

Just want to check on the tag team finishing move.

1. Does one need to fill in an actual finishing move?

2. If it is not an actual finishing move, will it affect the tag team?

3. Can this be left blank without affecting gameplay during the tag team matches?

Thank you.

I believe that tag team finishing moves are just flavour text, used to add detail to the match summaries, so there should be no mechanical or actual gameplay impact to using or not using them. You can fill in whatever you like or leave it blank, with no impact on gameplay. I have left plenty of teams' finishers blank, with no impact whatsoever.

Do AI companies develop workers faster/better than User controlled companies? I look at SWF or USPW & seems Pysch & Selling develop more for their people than mine.

I didn't think there was any natural advantage for the AI. I'm assuming you're running the same schedule as they are. Which company is running the most house shows? Who are their developing workers getting in the ring with? Better talent? More experienced? Maybe their road agents? Or maybe they got lucky with destiny rolls. Could be a lot of things.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The Blonde Bomber" data-cite="The Blonde Bomber" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You can't give them hair they grow hair naturally over time. You can shave it, but can't plant seeds on their head and have them sprout.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think he meant in the editor, but I don't think it's a thing that can be edited in the in-game editor. (You obviously can in the database editor)</p>

Ah that's a bit unfortunate. I not only have a wrestler who lost a hair match who I'm ready to see rocking his hair again, but I wanted to use an alternate render for Lone Wolf with hair. I guess in the first case he should grow his hair back, but in the Lone Wolf's case, he's stuck bald. Not that it really matters for gameplay purposes.

<p>I took over NWA, who book their shows in 4 week blocks.</p><p> </p><p>

But my major event is in the middle of this block - so if I pre-book a title change, the game is still complaining that the champion is not present in a match that will be aired AFTER the date of the major event...</p><p> </p><p>

Am I doing something wrong?</p>