TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

Can someone explain excursions to me I have a excursion relationship with my developmental company but I get confused on how it works

Excursions are primarily for Japanese companies who send their workers to other countries to learn. New Japan has done this with ROH, CMLL, RevPro, Impact and other promotions over the years.

It doesn't make sense to do it with a developmental promotion since you can just send workers there to develop anyway. It's redundant.

Wanted to start my own promotion to test out 2020.

Put a jpg and png in the logos folder for the default db, but can’t seem to find them to use in game.

Am I doing something wrong? All help is appreciated.

alright there we have it ... 2 posts ... 2 different names ... the bravado stuff is very confusing :)

but then i saw this on the official WWE homepage:

https://imgur.com/LpQjqqE

and i think, they should know the real name of the people they are signing ... but, on the other hand ... it's ... WWE :D

My source was the WWE post and backed up by the regular Wikipedia entry. WWE is crazy at times, sure, but they generally get the names right of people.

I have a question about Brand Splits. For levels, the game guide says that "Reserve" is meant to be used exclusively with "Developmental" focus.

Would this be the best way to set it up? "Minor" level looks like it might be a good option too.

Any thoughts?

Assuming you want one brand to be a developmental style brand, yeah, that's the best way to do it. Reserve gives the most leniency.

Put a jpg and png in the logos folder for the default db, but can’t seem to find them to use in game.

Is the JPG the right size? They're supposed to be 150x150.

does your JPG have a file extension of JPEG. Because I find the game doesn't pick that up, so have to remove the erroneous 'E' from the extension

Is the JPG the right size? They're supposed to be 150x150.

does your JPG have a file extension of JPEG. Because I find the game doesn't pick that up, so have to remove the erroneous 'E' from the extension

Thanks for the suggestions. I’ll check both of those out when I get in from work.

My source was the WWE post and backed up by the regular Wikipedia entry. WWE is crazy at times, sure, but they generally get the names right of people.

thanks for investigating :)

i do think as well that it's Chance Barrow.

but, if you read the Ring of Honor (2008–2012) part of the Bravado Brothers wiki page ... he is called Clint Barrow there ... that was what confused me ;)

Hi all,

I have a contract predicament with one of my workers.

Compared to my rivals offer, I have offered the worker better everything: pay, tenure, bonuses, merchandise cut, etc. Literally everything is better on my end, and both options are monthly contracts so pay per show isn't applicable.

I even run a company that has more prestige and momentum, and the worker is a protege of one of my agents.

Yet he wants to sign with the rival, citing "it's better".

I have a screenshot but unsure on how to post it here.

But what's going on here???

Hi all,

I have a contract predicament with one of my workers.

Compared to my rivals offer, I have offered the worker better everything: pay, tenure, bonuses, merchandise cut, etc. Literally everything is better on my end, and both options are monthly contracts so pay per show isn't applicable.

I even run a company that has more prestige and momentum, and the worker is a protege of one of my agents.

Yet he wants to sign with the rival, citing "it's better".

I have a screenshot but unsure on how to post it here.

But what's going on here???

This is one of the more frustrating elements of the game and something that has annoyed me time and time again. The player always seems to have to offer much, much more than the AI to get a signing.

In addition to the stuff you mentioned, the size of the other company is a factor, as is their TV coverage. If a worker already works for a company, it seems to take a bit more for them to want to make a change. It also seems like you're competing against a master negotiator every time, so assume the AI has a negotiating skill of 10.

It's annoying for sure when a worker says they have a better offer when they clearly don't, but it's been part of the game for years. I simply offer twice what the AI offers if I have to; you get so much money in the game that it makes very little difference how much you pay workers anyway.

This is one of the more frustrating elements of the game and something that has annoyed me time and time again. The player always seems to have to offer much, much more than the AI to get a signing.

In addition to the stuff you mentioned, the size of the other company is a factor, as is their TV coverage. If a worker already works for a company, it seems to take a bit more for them to want to make a change. It also seems like you're competing against a master negotiator every time, so assume the AI has a negotiating skill of 10.

It's annoying for sure when a worker says they have a better offer when they clearly don't, but it's been part of the game for years. I simply offer twice what the AI offers if I have to; you get so much money in the game that it makes very little difference how much you pay workers anyway.

Hmm, so this is just a constant to make the game more difficult?

In this case I imagine you'd agree with me on the ridiculousness.

Not only am I offering more, I have a more popular show, independent and better broadcaster, ranked higher of all companies, and the other company is in debt while I am making money hand-over-fist! And, lastly, this guy has been with me since I started the game (one of my first signees).

Every single possible factor that would make him pick my company over the rival is completely ignored apparently.

Because this is really silly I'll probably just offer an absurd amount and edit the contract in the editor to a more reasonable but still better amount...

In this case I imagine you'd agree with me on the ridiculousness.

Not only am I offering more, I have a more popular show, independent and better broadcaster, ranked higher of all companies, and the other company is in debt while I am making money hand-over-fist! And, lastly, this guy has been with me since I started the game (one of my first signees).

Every single possible factor that would make him pick my company over the rival is completely ignored apparently.

Because this is really silly I'll probably just offer an absurd amount and edit the contract in the editor to a more reasonable but still better amount...

I don't think it's intended to be a feature of the game to make it harder for the player, but that's how it's ended up. I agree with you about how ridiculous it is; I have literally shouted at my screen many times "But you DON'T have a better offer!" That said, I've learned to live with it over the years and money is no object.

No, it isn't.

The game works out the value of the contract based on multiple variables; as I've outlined many times, whether it comes from a player's company or an AI-controlled company has absolutely no bearing, it's not part of the calculation at all.

If he's saying the other contract offer is better, then in his eyes it is. Your comments that "Every single possible factor that would make him pick my company over the rival is completely ignored apparently" is not true; you will have missed at least one variable or other factor. If you send me your save game I would be happy to tell you exactly what you've missed.

EDIT - In particular, note that a longer length of contract is NOT necessarily a better length of contract, which judging from your phrasing you are not taking into consideration. For example, a ten year contract could actively be a negative with some workers as you're asking them to give up a lot of freedom by being tied to you for a significant chunk of their career with no way of getting out if things go badly and, more critically, no chance of a pay rise. A three or four year deal, even for less money up front, might be more attractive as they have more freedom and the chance to sign an even better deal a few years later (and indeed, with a 3 year deal vs a 10 year deal, another renegotiation then on top of that...). In short, trying to "power game" the negotiations can actively harm your chances.

No, it isn't.

The game works out the value of the contract based on multiple variables; as I've outlined many times, whether it comes from a player's company or an AI-controlled company has absolutely no bearing, it's not part of the calculation at all.

If he's saying the other contract offer is better, then in his eyes it is. Your comments that "Every single possible factor that would make him pick my company over the rival is completely ignored apparently" is not true; you will have missed at least one variable or other factor. If you send me your save game I would be happy to tell you exactly what you've missed.

Ok, but what weight do those small variables have that they seem more important to the worker? If a bigger company offers 30% more wages, 10% more merchandise rights, a year longer, higher signing-on fee, higher per-event bonus and a chance to work with your mentor, does a worker turn it down because the other company has better TV coverage in Tasmania? Because that's what it feels like.

Ok, but what weight do those small variables have that they seem more important to the worker? If a bigger company offers 30% more wages, 10% more merchandise rights, a year longer, higher signing-on fee, higher per-event bonus and a chance to work with your mentor, does a worker turn it down because the other company has better TV coverage in Tasmania? Because that's what it feels like.

No, if they turn it down it's because they don't want to be tied in for an extra year.

No, if they turn it down it's because they don't want to be tied in for an extra year.

I don't think so. Offers of the same length as another company also get rejected. In fact, sometimes adding a year without changing anything else is enough to swing it in the user's favour. I have never come across anyone in this game rejecting a contract because it was too long, just the opposite in fact; the longer the better. If you can provide me with a source that proves me wrong, I'd love to see it because it would change the entire way that I play the game. I'd love it if some workers didn't want to be tied down as it would open up a lot more tactics in negotiations. It's way too easy now to just tie down a future star for ten years on $12,000 per month.

I don't think so. Offers of the same length as another company also get rejected. In fact, sometimes adding a year without changing anything else is enough to swing it in the user's favour. I have never come across anyone in this game rejecting a contract because it was too long, just the opposite in fact; the longer the better. If you can provide me with a source that proves me wrong, I'd love to see it because it would change the entire way that I play the game. I'd love it if some workers didn't want to be tied down as it would open up a lot more tactics in negotiations. It's way too easy now to just tie down a future star for ten years on $12,000 per month.

That's what I do and basically I sign them give them 10 years and if I don't want them by the end of the 10 years I let him go or I give him a new contract if I want to keep them but I feel like they just got 10 years of experience

hello bhoys & ghirls!

how can i book a match like La Parka vs Randy Savage with DDP under the La Parka mask in the end? or Dean Malenko under the Ciclope mask?

thank you in advance!

The power of imagination, really. You'd just book DDP Vs Randy Savage.

I suppose that you could create a new mask and alter ego for DDP in this instance... call him "La Parka" in quotes or using some other way to signify that he's a fake. It's just unnecessary and doesn't add anything really.

Personally, I'd book it like normal, but change the match name to Randy Savage Vs "La Parka".. and then run an angle after the match where the reveal happens if you'd like.

i just tried it with Kenny Omega as "Pentagon Jr"

made an alter ego + a new mask for kenny.

booked the match and an angle where "Pentagon Jr" unmasks.

after the match & before the reveal angle i went back to the booking screen

and gave kenny his old gimmick back and let the reveal angle happen.

worked very very good ... thank you!

The source that sometimes wrestlers don't want to sign longer contracts is posted by Adam a couple of posts before you.

In my experience (no proof) older wrestlers prefer longer deals, as they will still be earning the same money as they deteriorate. Younger wrestlers are the ones to consider long contracts as deals that stop them getting pay rises.