TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

So I'm planning a diary and I'm not sure about something so here goes.

I have a plan to run a monthly Clash of the Champions show on TBS, plus some months having two traditional ppvs, is there a point where I'd stop gaining pop for running these shows?

WCW starts at medium and I have so many ppv graphics I want to use so trying to figure out the best way to do ppvs and not burn out the audience. Any help would be much appreciated. If there's an option to turn off audience burn out or whatever the term is, that would be great. I won't be home until tonight so can't check myself.

So I'm planning a diary and I'm not sure about something so here goes.

I have a plan to run a monthly Clash of the Champions show on TBS, plus some months having two traditional ppvs, is there a point where I'd stop gaining pop for running these shows?

WCW starts at medium and I have so many ppv graphics I want to use so trying to figure out the best way to do ppvs and not burn out the audience. Any help would be much appreciated. If there's an option to turn off audience burn out or whatever the term is, that would be great. I won't be home until tonight so can't check myself.

So I think you are asking two different questions. The amount of PPV’s shouldn’t effect crowd burnout. Crowd burnout happens when you run shows longer than 3 and a half hours (might be wrong on the exact length).

As for pop, that would be capped monthly for WCW. It can only grow a certain amount in a month.

Burnout wasn't the right word, I was asking about the cap. I just couldn't think of the proper name lol

Any idea what the cap is or if it's possible to turn it off? I want to set it up so that a certain big name is ready to leave the promotion he's in, but he wouldn't sign with a medium size promotion I don't think. He's a fairly big name, so I imagine he'd be out of my reach until I grow to big.

If not I'll just use the pre game editor to give him a loan contract with his previous promotion and start him out with me from the get go.

Is there a way to get around workers asking for time to heal? I turned off injuries thinking i'd stop getting the same worker asking for time off, after they've just had a month off, but no luck.

Also, what effect does not giving workers time off have? is it physical or just a morale thing?

They’re not actually asking for time off as in a vacation. They’re saying “hey man, you’ve booked me a lot and my fatigue is up and I could get hurt and suffer” even with injuries off. It also has to do with the grueling nature of your schedule/matches. Do you run a lot of high risk matches? A really demanding schedule? They may just need a couple of shows off to heal up.

It’s mostly a physical thing. If they get hurt, they suffer morale dings. But again, they’re not asking for a vacation they’re asking to not be in so many matches in a short time.

So the handbook says the Young Lion system is only for simulation purposes? Does that mean if I turn it on for say WCW and play as them, then young lions aren't treated like young lions because it's just for the AI or what?

No. The young lion system definitely takes affect for human run companies.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Historian" data-cite="Historian" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>No. The young lion system definitely takes affect for human run companies.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Oh good! I want to run a young lion division for my younger guys on my roster and I'm kinda stealing AEW/NJPW's roster structure of a million stables with each one having their own young boys.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Oh good! I want to run a young lion division for my younger guys on my roster and I'm kinda stealing AEW/NJPW's roster structure of a million stables with each one having their own young boys.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You'll be able to do this with no problem!</p>

Is there a way to make it more likely that an owner of an AI fed will keep the book themselves than hiring someone else? I seem to remember seeing someone work out how, but can't remember details and my search skills are failing me.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaded" data-cite="Jaded" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is there a way to make it more likely that an owner of an AI fed will keep the book themselves than hiring someone else? I seem to remember seeing someone work out how, but can't remember details and my search skills are failing me.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I believe the attribute "control freak" will accomplish that</p>

It took a year to fix the editor. One year. One year. One major thing that could have been done ages ago and made me eventually stop playing the game, as i got tired of assuming the most essential and needed changes would come and the game would hold up. I will check it out now, return to it, see how it goes. Again...one year. Anyway, thanks for finally doing it. Didn't wanna do an entire thread just to give my 2 cents on this, as it isn't really a rant. So I posted it here. Cheers.

So, in creating a while "universe" from scratch to play and one thing I've always struggled with in the past... I'm liking to have a handful of older vets that act as part time workers/mentors for a bunch of younger workers. The thing I struggle with is, how do I set ages? I think I remember there is a birth year thing (I don't have the game in front of me at the moment), but like what year does the game begin? Do I just go from there? Like if I want a 20 year old work who's mentor is like 40... how would I do that?

Thanks, I haven't played on a very long time, so it's all foggy.

So, in creating a while "universe" from scratch to play and one thing I've always struggled with in the past... I'm liking to have a handful of older vets that act as part time workers/mentors for a bunch of younger workers. The thing I struggle with is, how do I set ages? I think I remember there is a birth year thing (I don't have the game in front of me at the moment), but like what year does the game begin? Do I just go from there? Like if I want a 20 year old work who's mentor is like 40... how would I do that?

Thanks, I haven't played on a very long time, so it's all foggy.

The ages are related to whatever the starting year is, which you can set to be whatever you want.

ah, alright ... that is good!

but, without a brandsplit?

one whole roster, but for the 205 live show

are only the cruiserweights eligible.

that would be my perfect scenario ;)

There isn't a way to do it without doing a brand split. If you're running the show, you could only book guys from your 205 division on there, but for the AI it would have to be a brand.

There isn't a way to do it without doing a brand split. If you're running the show, you could only book guys from your 205 division on there, but for the AI it would have to be a brand.

If the 205 show is set to branded but the main show is left unbranded, that might work? Only the 205 workers could be used on 205, but all workers (including 205) would be eligible for the main shows.

Hey everyone, not sure if this is the right place to post this but:

I'm finally making a long awaited jump into CVerse and I'm choosing EMLL as my destination.

Is there any backstory as to what is happening here with the company or somewhere that has a dedicated write up?

This thread right here should be helpful to start.

The short version is that they originally started out trying to model one on one video games, like Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat, in a pro wrestling setting, and that somehow branched out into a Lucha Underground style with a heavy sci-fi/ fantasy bent and a quite elaborate kayfabe back story.