TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

51 minutes ago, Gungner said:

How much penalty will a face vs face or a heel vs heel cost?

Is it a big notable penalty?

Face vs face has a lesser penalty, with strict divide on, than heel vs heel does.

I am not aware of how much it is exactly. You'll notice it but it's not a gigantic deal. A few points off the overall grade I'm sure.

Is the worker loyalty relationship a cosmetic feature or is there some effect?

Is a worker loyalty relationship weaker or stronger than a strong friendship relationship?

What is the function of the MMA Secret number? Is a high number better than a low? Is the MMA Secret number what decides how long a worker is away training for the MMA fight or is it the skill of the worker?

What is the function of the Mask Secret number?

Do the Bank Warnings always count to 9? Or do smaller and less prestigious promotions have a lower number when they close?

44 minutes ago, Scott Zodiac said:

Just a quick question: if I run a B show and A show on the same night, in the same arena, does that count as one show for production costs purposes? 

Never mind done my own calculations.

Spent a month running Dark before dynamite and elevation before rampage. Both B and A show had the same attendance (does B show audience get boosted by A show being straight after? Or does B show being before being down A show attendance?). I received gate income for BOTH shows and paid production costs for BOTH shows. Haven’t checked the venue costs, but those are nominal anyway. 

If the B show’s attendance gets boosted by effectively being the dark pre-show of the main roster show, so long as it makes a profit, won’t that technically be an exploit?

10 hours ago, Kubikiri Asa said:

Is the worker loyalty relationship a cosmetic feature or is there some effect?

Is a worker loyalty relationship weaker or stronger than a strong friendship relationship?

What is the function of the MMA Secret number? Is a high number better than a low? Is the MMA Secret number what decides how long a worker is away training for the MMA fight or is it the skill of the worker?

What is the function of the Mask Secret number?

Do the Bank Warnings always count to 9? Or do smaller and less prestigious promotions have a lower number when they close?

You aren't meant to know these answers as you aren't meant to be using anything other than the editor to make edits. 

10 hours ago, Jaysin said:

You aren't meant to know these answers as you aren't meant to be using anything other than the editor to make edits. 

That's not really true. I've reached out to him in private and he answered my question. I used to think it was ridiculous that they would delete all posts referencing it, but I've changed my perspective a lot. Given how easy it is to cause a mess, I just don't think Adam wants to become tech support for a secondary thing.

On 10/11/2022 at 11:04 AM, The Masked Orange said:

Since there was no event or email, I was curious as to what triggered these loyalty relationships (I'm guessing the pushes were a big deal), what makes them more/less likely to happen and how personalities might be involved (I'm guessing an egomaniac wouldn't care I pushed them because they expected that anyway).

I believe (but am not certain) that loyalty relationships are typically generated from after-show speeches. When you talk kindly about people, you can get these. I imagine the odds are related to their personality, and possibly your personality.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thane of Fife said:

I believe (but am not certain) that loyalty relationships are typically generated from after-show speeches. When you talk kindly about people, you can get these. I imagine the odds are related to their personality, and possibly your personality.

This is the way I've had loyalty events happen.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

hell-o!
can someone help me out with The Dixie Darlings?

who is jolene & who is jolynn in the following picture?
885483217_thedixiedarlings.png.6a45d02bdd3430210fea5d91bfd8432f.png

i know that jolynn has a nosepiercing, but sadly they are not wearing their piercings in this pic.
that is jolynn:
jolynn.thumb.jpg.2b9ccaac3ac225ea3d08636d471f3904.jpg

and here is another picture which could maybe help identifying them 🙃
1.png.ed9b910657ba49fd2602fb6aa62188ce.png

thank you very much in advance! 🤘

Edited by Bobby Brown

Does match length matter in terms of momentum or popularity growth? For example, a squash match. In terms of the popularity and momentum gains the winner receives, is a 2 minute squash equal to a 6 minute squash? What about skill growth? Do longer matches make a worker learn at a higher rate?

On 10/31/2022 at 7:09 AM, soxfan93 said:

Does match length matter in terms of momentum or popularity growth? For example, a squash match. In terms of the popularity and momentum gains the winner receives, is a 2 minute squash equal to a 6 minute squash? What about skill growth? Do longer matches make a worker learn at a higher rate?

Nope, the talent will auto bump to 40 overness just by being on tv for a national promotion. Skill growth is per appearance, but it can also be boosted by a protege / mentor relationship.

4 hours ago, Lostwolfnesbit said:

So, is it impossible to open a Terrestrial or Cable network in game.  I mean playing as a company and then deciding to open my own broadcaster. I only ever see internet as an option.

Thanks in Advance.

Yes, you can only create internet-based broadcasters as a wrestling company.

23 hours ago, mdycnt said:

Is it possible to create scripted events in a save? For example, scripting that in 2021 Bret Heartbreak hates Byron and leaves EWA?

No, you can't do that. The only 'scripted events' are those that fall under the category of Narratives; see the handbook for how they work, or visit that section of the editor to see what effects are possible.