TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

2 hours ago, Inky The Squid Boy said:

Your user character can form relationships in so far as other workers will become loyal or hostile towards you based on their interactions with you ("is Loyal to", "Simmering tension with", "hatred of" etc).

Your user character will never be involved in backstage incidents though. The canon in-universe explanation for this is essentially that these events take place before you arrive at the arena/in the locker room while you're in the office 

Cool thanks for the info!

Hey guys complete noob here. I started playing 3 months ago and I have a couple of failed saves under my belt. Currently running a self owned small sized (pop 39) company in the 2004 Ruthless Agression Mod. Based in the South West. I have two questions.

1. The first is regarding worker usage. How often do I need to use a wrestler. I have a decent roster of 25 workers. I feel compelled to use all 25 so juggling to put them all haphazardly into multi man matches. I'm afraid if I leave them out they'll complain but this strategy doesn't allow for proper matches. I'm running a 2 hour show up from 1 hour and still struggling to fit people in. I assume it has something to do with perception rating however I've had lower carders complain about not being featured? 

2. Secondly how do you book for a small promotion? I center the booking around my titles. Currently I have two of them a World title and a Tag Team title. I tend to push the Champions and their main contenders really hard but I feel this comes at the expense at the rest of my roster who have to take repeated losses to the champs and pretenders to keep their push going. 

11 hours ago, TEWNewbie96 said:

Hey guys complete noob here. I started playing 3 months ago and I have a couple of failed saves under my belt. Currently running a self owned small sized (pop 39) company in the 2004 Ruthless Agression Mod. Based in the South West. I have two questions.

1. The first is regarding worker usage. How often do I need to use a wrestler. I have a decent roster of 25 workers. I feel compelled to use all 25 so juggling to put them all haphazardly into multi man matches. I'm afraid if I leave them out they'll complain but this strategy doesn't allow for proper matches. I'm running a 2 hour show up from 1 hour and still struggling to fit people in. I assume it has something to do with perception rating however I've had lower carders complain about not being featured? 

2. Secondly how do you book for a small promotion? I center the booking around my titles. Currently I have two of them a World title and a Tag Team title. I tend to push the Champions and their main contenders really hard but I feel this comes at the expense at the rest of my roster who have to take repeated losses to the champs and pretenders to keep their push going. 

1. The only people you HAVE to use regularly are your headliners (Major Star, Star). They will expect to be used on roughly 7 or 8 out of every 10 shows. Everybody below that has lower expectations. You don't HAVE to use everyone on every show but it might be a good idea to try to use everyone on every other show, in alternating fashion. You have a MUCH bigger roster than the minimum requirement (32 is the minimum at 'Big' so I know 25 at small is A LOT) so you should have the ability to leave out some 'unimportant' and 'recognizable' if it'll keep your 'well knowns' happy.

2. Maybe try adding a midcard title for your well known and recognizable singles workers? You can also create a rule that might help with booking. For example, a worker or team must have 3 consecutive wins before they get a title shot. That would allow you to build people before feeding them to the champion(s). At your size, centering your booking around your titles makes sense since your champions are more likely to be workers your fans know and care about. If you build someone up to the point where the fans at least know who they are, it makes for a better match (and easier title changes) and it's easily repeatable. It also gives you a reason to book matches that aren't for the title (building those 3 wins).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Remianen said:

1. The only people you HAVE to use regularly are your headliners (Major Star, Star). They will expect to be used on roughly 7 or 8 out of every 10 shows. Everybody below that has lower expectations. You don't HAVE to use everyone on every show but it might be a good idea to try to use everyone on every other show, in alternating fashion. You have a MUCH bigger roster than the minimum requirement (32 is the minimum at 'Big' so I know 25 at small is A LOT) so you should have the ability to leave out some 'unimportant' and 'recognizable' if it'll keep your 'well knowns' happy.

2. Maybe try adding a midcard title for your well known and recognizable singles workers? You can also create a rule that might help with booking. For example, a worker or team must have 3 consecutive wins before they get a title shot. That would allow you to build people before feeding them to the champion(s). At your size, centering your booking around your titles makes sense since your champions are more likely to be workers your fans know and care about. If you build someone up to the point where the fans at least know who they are, it makes for a better match (and easier title changes) and it's easily repeatable. It also gives you a reason to book matches that aren't for the title (building those 3 wins).

Thanks. I took your advice and added a midcard title for a worker who was pulling in good match ratings but wasn't a headliner yet. 

As for the squad size I'm realising I have too many people. 5/6 of these workers are potentially great wrestlers with below average stats (and less than 5 experience). Should I cut them from the roster? 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The Lone Wanderer said:

Can i add pictures from different picture packs together without messing stuff up? I would like to add new titles for example and maybe some pictures for new talent. Would i just paste them into the picture pack i'm already using?

Yes you can. You can add logos for anything by copying them into your database picture folder. It won't mess things up. 

55 minutes ago, lacx7 said:

I just purchased the game yesterday. I just started a game but once I want to go to the dat after, the game is crashing. With error '3061'. Could you help me please ?

You will need to post in the Technical Support forum further down the board, reading the pinned rules there first.

Longtime lapsed fan of the series. Loved TEW 2010 and 13. Didn't buy 16 as didn't like the cosmetic/aesthetic changes.

Wanted to purchase TEW20 but was put off by the mixed reviews.

2 quick queries for the GDS faithful;

1) Three years on how does it play? Were the concerns accurate? Have they been addressed? I appreciate this is a very general query and subject to an individual's opinions.

2) Have there been any rumblings of a sequel anytime soon? Wanting to know whether to purchase 20 or wait for a sale or sequel...

Many thanks for your time

3 hours ago, chris hbk said:

1) Three years on how does it play? Were the concerns accurate? Have they been addressed? I appreciate this is a very general query and subject to an individual's opinions.

Plays awesome. Best version of the series yet (I've had every one since the EWR days).

It was clunky and not the best early on, but Adam did a great job with fixes to it.

• Like 1

Is there a way to join an alliance again after accidentally leaving it? I made a mistake when creating it and couldn't find a way to edit the issues so left the alliance with the intent to do it again except with new settings. 

What i failed to realize was i could of just used the editor to change the settings but now i cant rejoin the alliance because i previously left the alliance. Is there a way to get back in the alliance using the editor or remove the other companies from this alliance so i can just recreate a new alliance? 

4 hours ago, Killagy said:

What settings would I use to weaken my game's economy so that not all companies in-game are ridiculously profitable? Trying to go for a realistic playthrough.

I just saw 2 bankrupcies in the Year 4 of my save with in game financial settings.

• Like 1

Sorry, I opened both threads and posted in the other one instead of this lol woops!

Something happened between my shows, my entire roster got downgraded from an average of 'well known' to an average of barely 'recognizable'. Wrestlers that were stars are now recognizable! Wrestlers that were slightly below well known are now unimportant! I don't know what would have caused this. Does anyone know?

9 hours ago, mdycnt said:

Sorry, I opened both threads and posted in the other one instead of this lol woops!

Something happened between my shows, my entire roster got downgraded from an average of 'well known' to an average of barely 'recognizable'. Wrestlers that were stars are now recognizable! Wrestlers that were slightly below well known are now unimportant! I don't know what would have caused this. Does anyone know?

Did your size go up?

15 hours ago, MidKnightDreary said:

Did your size go up?

It has risen almost every show and I have semi-restricted settings on growth but I didn't hit a new milestone. I thought this might have been the case though, so I made my size a bit lower (it had been growing too much anyway) manually and nothing changed. :(

On 4/18/2023 at 6:40 AM, mdycnt said:

I would recommend that you read the help file on the Perception System (within "Running Your Company"). It's based on the company's popularity, so if your popularity jumped it would affect everyone's rating.