TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

BHOTWG's product says fans expect important matches to be quite lengthy - I know you'll be penalised for important workers doing a match under 20 minutes, but does that mean longer matches will always be graded higher, too? Like should I make all my title bouts 30 minutes or something? Also does that include intro time?

Edited by Tterrag

hell-o bhoys & ghirls!

how do you implement the likes of IndependentWrestling.TV?
my idea is to have them as an alliance, with the companies broadcasted by IWTV are a part of.
is there a way to link the alliance with the broadcaster? haven't found a way yet.

or what else would you do?  

On 3/10/2023 at 12:07 AM, Jaysin said:

What size would a promotion have to be in order to have four television shows at once? If it matters, I'm thinking three A-shows and one B-show. 

I think it doesn't matter how big you are as far as how many shows you can have running. The question is how many shows could you get on the air.

I would think you'd need to be at least Big to get that many shows on the air, but I honestly don't know if that's built into the game or not.

And note: if you own a broadcaster, there's no limit to how many shows you can put on your own broadcaster. You could have three a-shows a day every day. I wouldn't want to have to book that, but...

St.T

15 hours ago, St. Templar said:

I think it doesn't matter how big you are as far as how many shows you can have running. The question is how many shows could you get on the air.

I would think you'd need to be at least Big to get that many shows on the air, but I honestly don't know if that's built into the game or not.

And note: if you own a broadcaster, there's no limit to how many shows you can put on your own broadcaster. You could have three a-shows a day every day. I wouldn't want to have to book that, but...

St.T

How many I can get on air was the purpose of my question. I'm playing a WCW game starting in 92 and I have graphics I really like for WCW Nitro, Dynamite, and Thunder and would like to eventually do a brand split. I flirted with the idea of making WCW own TBS, TNT, and Turner Premiere, but wanted to know how feasible it was to do it properly, hence the question...

• Like 1

Has anyone played the C-Verse from 1977-1985 and want to share their save with me, so I can look at the EOY Awards and Power 500? I want to fill in the missing awards history in my personal database. Looking for a save that is as close to canon as possible.

How do you add a venue? I'm going to purchase the game, but at the moment I'm playing around with the demo. I live in Ohio, and I see that while Cleveland and Columbus are in the default universe, there are some venues in Cleveland that I would like to see in the game. For example, Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse hosts Monday Night Raw at least a couple times a year, and we have a couple smaller venues as well that could host a show.

I have searched the forum for an answer, but have not found one.

53 minutes ago, Antonin said:

How do you add a venue? I'm going to purchase the game, but at the moment I'm playing around with the demo. I live in Ohio, and I see that while Cleveland and Columbus are in the default universe, there are some venues in Cleveland that I would like to see in the game. For example, Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse hosts Monday Night Raw at least a couple times a year, and we have a couple smaller venues as well that could host a show.

I have searched the forum for an answer, but have not found one.

In the editor, click the drop box and scroll down to Venues and Locations. Once there, on the left hand side is a button that says Add New Item or something to that effect. 

• Like 1

Alright, this is a weird one, but I haven't seen it addressed. Let me give you my scenario:

I'm running a large company with a developmental company. I want to take closer control of my dev company, so I took over the Head Booker character (don't know how long I'll keep this up, but...yeah). On day two after taking over my head booker, I got the usual "New Goals" email. Reading it, I had to chuckle quite a bit. I mean, I don't hire anybody anyway, so I wouldn't be hiring Hardcore Brawler Impactful wrestlers over 40 anyway in the role of Head Booker of my developmental promotion (and if I do hire them as my original character, who is both the CEO and Head Booker, there ain't a dang thing anybody can do about it). But, barring those, if my dev company does drop popularity, or the major star drops popularity below 77 (assuming I don't decide to call him up to my main roster), what's going to happen? I mean, I get that if this wasn't a dev promotion, the owner/CEO could fire me for not meeting goals. But, what's the CEO going to do if I fail? Basically, he's not the one who hired me; the CEO/Head Booker of my main promotion did and appointed me to this position (even if I wasn't running both promotions). I'm just really curious about this.

St.T

Is there any way to propose loans that last for a year or plus? In RWC, wrestlers like Claudio and Mark Briscoe are loaned to ROH by AEW at the start, with those loans being longer than a year. Is there any way to propose that type of deal in the game?

On 3/22/2023 at 9:12 AM, jamarcus said:

Is there any way to propose loans that last for a year or plus? In RWC, wrestlers like Claudio and Mark Briscoe are loaned to ROH by AEW at the start, with those loans being longer than a year. Is there any way to propose that type of deal in the game?

I'd argue that AEW/ROH is more of a loose brand split than straight up two different companies. That's how I'm currently setting it up in a potential save anyway. 

• Like 2

Hi,

Always love the talented creators, mod makers and community members here. 

I was looking around this morning, as I am in need of a picture pack for the CVerse. There's sadly not enough free picture's in the default picture pack, for it to generate new worker's, or ideal one's for created character's I have added to the game in my save. 

Took a look around here, and found a pack. But unfortunately the link is broken, due to some updates to the forum since it was posted. Unfortunately I can't find it by searching either. 

Was just wanting to ask where do some of you get the renders from on here, that are not of a specific worker already existing in the CVerse. 

Thanks in advance. 

18 hours ago, MidKnightDreary said:

There's a huge pack that someone updates. Check the mods. DM the creator if the link doesn't work. 

Fleisch has one https://www.mediafire.com/file/tgx3vb0zsr3hixz/Free_Pics.rar/file

Thank you very much. I did try looking around, and unfortunately did not see it. My fault. Again thank you for the assistance. 

Playing PGHW and a couple of my guys' excursion time period has come to an end. The game says that when their contracts are up they'll come back but they're ongoing contracts. Does that mean I'm just stuck waiting for them to get sick of working in Europe to come back to Japan? 

If so I assume this is due to the mechanic being that the worker is released and then signs with the new company? 

Does this usually last a long time after the excursion ends? Is it totally random? Am I potentially looking at another year or more without these guys?

Edited by Inky The Squid Boy

On 3/20/2023 at 2:59 AM, St. Templar said:

Alright, this is a weird one, but I haven't seen it addressed. Let me give you my scenario:

I'm running a large company with a developmental company. I want to take closer control of my dev company, so I took over the Head Booker character (don't know how long I'll keep this up, but...yeah). On day two after taking over my head booker, I got the usual "New Goals" email. Reading it, I had to chuckle quite a bit. I mean, I don't hire anybody anyway, so I wouldn't be hiring Hardcore Brawler Impactful wrestlers over 40 anyway in the role of Head Booker of my developmental promotion (and if I do hire them as my original character, who is both the CEO and Head Booker, there ain't a dang thing anybody can do about it). But, barring those, if my dev company does drop popularity, or the major star drops popularity below 77 (assuming I don't decide to call him up to my main roster), what's going to happen? I mean, I get that if this wasn't a dev promotion, the owner/CEO could fire me for not meeting goals. But, what's the CEO going to do if I fail? Basically, he's not the one who hired me; the CEO/Head Booker of my main promotion did and appointed me to this position (even if I wasn't running both promotions). I'm just really curious about this.

St.T

I honestly don't think we'll ever get an answer to this unless someone actually puts it to the test or Adam knows for a certainty how the game would react. I suspect that you won't ever get fired but you also wouldn't ever be able to break any further owner goals (i.e. hires or whatever) because your "boss's" patience would be at minimum?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Inky The Squid Boy said:

I honestly don't think we'll ever get an answer to this unless someone actually puts it to the test or Adam knows for a certainty how the game would react. I suspect that you won't ever get fired but you also wouldn't ever be able to break any further owner goals (i.e. hires or whatever) because your "boss's" patience would be at minimum?

I suppose you're right on all counts.

Of course, if he ticks me off enough, I'll just switch back to my original character...and lay the figurative smack down on his peasy-azz head...by firing him! Bwahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

St.T

3 hours ago, The Lone Wanderer said:

Does a character im booking as but who is also a worker get involved in backstage drama like every other worker so can form relationships ect?

Your user character can form relationships in so far as other workers will become loyal or hostile towards you based on their interactions with you ("is Loyal to", "Simmering tension with", "hatred of" etc).

Your user character will never be involved in backstage incidents though. The canon in-universe explanation for this is essentially that these events take place before you arrive at the arena/in the locker room while you're in the office