TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

I AM USING ALT CORNELLVERSE 2022

I have a question about the 'Freelance' setting.

This is a Wrestler I created, a couple of years into the game. He has never had a job after he left(I put a written 18 month contract) back in July 2023. He usually has low to mid 40s in popularity in Tohoku and high 20s-mid 30s for the rest by this point. No matter how many sims I do, he has not gotten a job after and only wrestled Independent Shows. 

Did I miss understand the setting? Also, I put Normal Loyalty to SAISHO, could that mess it up? Could Extremely Old School mess it up?

Also, is there a way to make a Spoiler tag lol

Skrmbild2023-04-15210102.thumb.png.e7fb9bc7bbcf6a27b71b84c6befa79b7.png

Edited by HurkaDurk69

What defines which promotion a wrestler prioritizes in booking clashes? I figured it was size, but a bunch of wrestlers are picking 2 companies over my brothers despite being 2-10 popularity less. So we thought prestige but he's at 7% due to a scandal, yet they still pick him over my NWA that has higher prestige and momentum. 

Any clarity on this?

8 hours ago, DBofficial125 said:

What defines which promotion a wrestler prioritizes in booking clashes? I figured it was size, but a bunch of wrestlers are picking 2 companies over my brothers despite being 2-10 popularity less. So we thought prestige but he's at 7% due to a scandal, yet they still pick him over my NWA that has higher prestige and momentum. 

Any clarity on this?

Not entirely sure it could be that, but it might be that they're just paid more there than in your company: if say they're paid 1k per show there, but 500$ per show in your NWA, they could pick the show that will give them more money.

9 hours ago, DBofficial125 said:

Any clarity on this?

Companies run in order of influence, which is based on size and prestige. Workers prioritise the more influential, unless they're the owner or booker in which case they can give priority to the company where they are in power.

9 hours ago, DBofficial125 said:

Any clarity on this?

Check in the Company Wars screen, that will tell You where your promotion is at.

I have questions about the IA and the size of women's wrestling:

How does the IA handle women's wrestling, especially when it comes to Medium & Large size?
Does the IA try to book equal numbers of men and women when they are in Medium?
Does it try to book more women's matches than men's when it's at Large?
What about hiring? Does the IA try to hire more women and less men at Large?
For example, if the IA tries to put together a roster of 40 wrestlers with the women's division set at Large, will 25-30 be women and the rest be men?

On 4/22/2023 at 7:43 AM, HurkaDurk69 said:

I AM USING ALT CORNELLVERSE 2022

I have a question about the 'Freelance' setting.

This is a Wrestler I created, a couple of years into the game. He has never had a job after he left(I put a written 18 month contract) back in July 2023. He usually has low to mid 40s in popularity in Tohoku and high 20s-mid 30s for the rest by this point. No matter how many sims I do, he has not gotten a job after and only wrestled Independent Shows.

First thanks Adam for responding to my last question (turns out I was in a very unique popularity situation)

I have a similar issue to this quote though I use the normal Cornellverse, a truly magnificent creation. I have made custom wrestlers and enabled them as non-avatars in saves, and I have edited generated wrestlers to give them realistic skills and traits. I even made an absurdly good wrestler for Japan and another for Britain as an experiment but neither were picked up by any organisations despite having skills out the wazoo and reasonable popularity. (There's a really good Scottish masked avatar that I made to carry SNP!)

This tends to be an issue especially for the smaller areas which I enjoy playing as (namely Oceania and some Europe). There is already a limited pool of truly talented wrestlers, and generated wrestlers come from middling training and they also have middling skills. Editing them and giving them biographies is kinda fun when just a few wrestlers graduate every year... but when no one hires them it defeats the purpose.

The only way I have gotten around this is by playing a second character as another company's booker (hopefully days before they have an event) and hire the person on a written contract myself, then quitting the game as that player, but there is no randomness to this.

On 4/23/2023 at 5:05 PM, Jugg said:

I have questions about the IA and the size of women's wrestling:

How does the IA handle women's wrestling, especially when it comes to Medium & Large size?
Does the IA try to book equal numbers of men and women when they are in Medium?
Does it try to book more women's matches than men's when it's at Large?
What about hiring? Does the IA try to hire more women and less men at Large?
For example, if the IA tries to put together a roster of 40 wrestlers with the women's division set at Large, will 25-30 be women and the rest be men?

No, that's not how it works. Even a Large division is still explicitly a sub-division within a men's company and they'd therefore be outnumbered by male competitors.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Adam Ryland said:

No, that's not how it works. Even a Large division is still explicitly a sub-division within a men's company and they'd therefore be outnumbered by male competitors.

Alright that's all I wanted to know. Thanks a lot !

Hello everybody. I have a couple to questions regarding a workers physical health. Currently playing the Ruthless Aggression '04 mod and running a self created medium sized company. I read the handbook section on physical health but couldn't find any answer to these questions. 

1. Started a women's division recently and I wanted to sign Aja Kong. She's unemployed and available however her physical health is between 50-80 for all body parts. I want to sign her but her low health and potential penalties are putting me off. If I sign her and use her sparingly will her physical health recover? She's 36 right now and has no injuries (no history of injuries in the last 2 years as well). Is there anything I can do to make her recover her health quickly? 

2. Some of the new workers that enter the game have physical health in the 80s and have experience of greater than 40 which is unusual for rookies. These workers have 0 matches under their belt. Is their low rookie health an error with the mod or is there some other factor involved? 

Thanks you in advance for your answers. This forum and it's users are great and I've learned so much about the game from here. 

Edited by TEWNewbie96

Hey everyone. Running New Japan. Exploring the post-touring contract world. If I sign a free agent to a contract for one tour, say one month and eight or fifteen appearances or whatever, am I going to have to wait six months to negotiate with him again?

Thanks. :)

13 minutes ago, soxfan93 said:

Hey everyone. Running New Japan. Exploring the post-touring contract world. If I sign a free agent to a contract for one tour, say one month and eight or fifteen appearances or whatever, am I going to have to wait six months to negotiate with him again?

Thanks. :)

I believe that if you sign them for three months or less, there is no waiting/"cooling off" period to resign them again.

Edited by Captain Kayfabe

8 hours ago, TEWNewbie96 said:

Hello everybody. I have a couple to questions regarding a workers physical health. Currently playing the Ruthless Aggression '04 mod and running a self created medium sized company. I read the handbook section on physical health but couldn't find any answer to these questions. 

1. Started a women's division recently and I wanted to sign Aja Kong. She's unemployed and available however her physical health is between 50-80 for all body parts. I want to sign her but her low health and potential penalties are putting me off. If I sign her and use her sparingly will her physical health recover? She's 36 right now and has no injuries (no history of injuries in the last 2 years as well). Is there anything I can do to make her recover her health quickly? 

2. Some of the new workers that enter the game have physical health in the 80s and have experience of greater than 40 which is unusual for rookies. These workers have 0 matches under their belt. Is their low rookie health an error with the mod or is there some other factor involved? 

Thanks you in advance for your answers. This forum and it's users are great and I've learned so much about the game from here. 

Are they coming frim other sports? MMA for example?

10 hours ago, Bananh0na said:

Hey - i'm having some troubles running UEW House Shows - it says i'm not eligible since i'm a touring company. Got an own venue and couldn't find anything in the company editor, so hope someone can give me a hand.

If any of your events are set to be Tours, you're considered a touring company and therefore, as the message says, can't run house shows. You'd need to go to your events page and change whichever one or ones are set as Tours to a different setting.

28 minutes ago, Adam Ryland said:

If any of your events are set to be Tours, you're considered a touring company and therefore, as the message says, can't run house shows. You'd need to go to your events page and change whichever one or ones are set as Tours to a different setting.

That should do it! Made an event as a "tour" early on and set it to inactive instead of deleting it or changing the setting. Thank you!

I am playing with Young Lions enabled and I am wondering if there is an option to remove an Alter Ego after I create it.

I wanna add _ to my YL wrestlers to make it easier to remember what wrestlers fit that description without using the search/filter during matchmaking/roster screen. 

Is there a way to permantly remove the Alter Ego after they stop being YLs? I can't seem to find a way to do it

I have a question. Does the game know any history about wrestlers? Example, say I have Benny Benson wrestling and I have signed Greg Black and have him debut by coming out to do the save and help his old partner out. Will there be any kind of boost due the crowd reacting to seeing something unexpected liek a secret debut that was not promised? I know that might be asking alot in game just curious. In my mind I see the crowd going bananas after he runs out and does the save and then after the match and Benny gets the win the embrace and become a team again.

Trevor L.

13 hours ago, jtnlange said:

I have a question. Does the game know any history about wrestlers? Example, say I have Benny Benson wrestling and I have signed Greg Black and have him debut by coming out to do the save and help his old partner out. Will there be any kind of boost due the crowd reacting to seeing something unexpected liek a secret debut that was not promised? I know that might be asking alot in game just curious. In my mind I see the crowd going bananas after he runs out and does the save and then after the match and Benny gets the win the embrace and become a team again.

Trevor L.

No.

Is popularity linked to anything other than a random roll of the die? Can it be circumvented in any way? I remember in TEW2016 you could just set their popularity in the editor, and the game would assume that was their potential. It doesn't seem to be that way in TEW2020, which is really unfortunate. Just wondering, seeing guys historically do well getting stuck at 73 popularity is just weird for me.