TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

7 hours ago, Powerful_Fox said:

If I have 2 dev companies, can I pick which one they go to?

Also, do I set if a worker is there as a trainer or not?

Finally, is there a particular area I can get a worker to focus their development on?

Ta 

Yes you can pick which one they go to. You can not set wrestlers to be trainers anymore, instead they just kind of help everyone in the company by working matches with them and improving their skills or being a good road agent. The development focus is again a feature I think used to be in a game in some capacity but isn't really a thing in this one.

I have a question regarding excursions:

I started a game with VWA and there are several PGHW wrestlers on excursion in my company. I am now more than two years into my save and all the other PGHW Young Lions have left, and some new ones have arrived, but Shinji Mihara is still here. Is this because he likes how he is booked, or is it an error in the initial database? All the new excursion wrestlers do have a limited contract, but his seems to go on forever. Will he eventually leave?

I have a question regarding rehab that I couldn't find an answer to.

In a 1992 mod I'm playing Macho Man got caught for steroids and for some reason I can't send him to rehab. I've never had that happen. He's on an exclusive written contract with 22 months left.

Does anyone have an idea what could be the reason?

1 hour ago, radical said:

I have a question regarding rehab that I couldn't find an answer to.

In a 1992 mod I'm playing Macho Man got caught for steroids and for some reason I can't send him to rehab. I've never had that happen. He's on an exclusive written contract with 22 months left.

Does anyone have an idea what could be the reason?

Rehab isn't available for steroid use. It's only for the other drug categories.

• Like 1

I used to be able to type in the first couple letters of a workers name and use the up/down buttons to scroll through but now I have to use the sidebar and click the workers one by one. A little blue bubble appears next to the selection I have clicked on. How do I change this back? 

16 minutes ago, Juicemanjaggz said:

I used to be able to type in the first couple letters of a workers name and use the up/down buttons to scroll through but now I have to use the sidebar and click the workers one by one. A little blue bubble appears next to the selection I have clicked on. How do I change this back? 

Via the user preferences menu. Disable new-style lists.

• Thanks 1

On 6/3/2023 at 1:43 AM, BKL1976 said:

Is there someplace I can see the historical show ratings sorted by best for the entire history across all companies?  I want to see what have been the all-time best shows.  

No, there isn't.

2 hours ago, Juicemanjaggz said:

I'm trying to make a certain worker the booker of my child company. How do I make them available as one of the options? 

They would need some degree of booking skill and to work for the company.

47 minutes ago, NewsHound said:

If a worker had bulked up to the point where I don't have the option to ask them to go bigger anymore, are they hard stuck at that size or is there a possibility for the cap to change?

Workers can't exceed the maximum size they've been assigned.

Had an odd pay rise request yesterday. I'm playing the Cornelverse in the Great Lakes region and doing relatively well as a Tiny promotion. I've gotten several requests for pay rises with nothing unusual, then Alyx Winters requested a pay rise from $80 a show to $800 a show! My highest paid performer is Jake Idol who holds my heavyweight belt and is making $160 a show.  I of course rejected even the 25% of what he wanted and he's now angry. He has a relaxed personality, any reason why he would want such an exorbitant raise?

13 hours ago, BigJimSlade said:

Had an odd pay rise request yesterday. I'm playing the Cornelverse in the Great Lakes region and doing relatively well as a Tiny promotion. I've gotten several requests for pay rises with nothing unusual, then Alyx Winters requested a pay rise from $80 a show to $800 a show! My highest paid performer is Jake Idol who holds my heavyweight belt and is making $160 a show.  I of course rejected even the 25% of what he wanted and he's now angry. He has a relaxed personality, any reason why he would want such an exorbitant raise?

He's likely grown in popularity elsewhere. His demands are based on what he's worth, not what he's worth to you. If he's now become quite popular in Canada, for example, he will want money that reflects that newfound status. If values were based on what the worker was worth to the company, you could just bring in foreign megastars and pay them peanuts just because they're not  known in the Great Lakes.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ShikariFC said:

Is the only place on the card to place a technical masterclass without getting a penalty the show opener? or is there a match type i can place before it to avoid the penalty 

IIRC the crowd needs to be a bit warmed up before it, but not too hot. In past saves, I belive I always placed them second after a good opening match.

• Like 2