TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

hello bhoys & ghirls!

i wanted to create the NWA Back For The Attack special event to take place on the first day of my gameplay (january the first of 2021 in my case) as a one time special event. this is how it looks in the editor:

https://imgur.com/EXAEMZL

but, as soon as i start the game the NWA sets the event dormant before it even happend.

what have i done wrong? or is there something special i have to take care of when coming to special events?

thank you in advance! :)

anyone? i have no clue :D

hello bhoys & ghirls!

i wanted to create the NWA Back For The Attack special event to take place on the first day of my gameplay (january the first of 2021 in my case) as a one time special event. this is how it looks in the editor:

https://imgur.com/EXAEMZL

but, as soon as i start the game the NWA sets the event dormant before it even happend.

what have i done wrong? or is there something special i have to take care of when coming to special events?

thank you in advance! :)

Guessing a bug, unless we’re both missing something. Would put in tech support if I was you.

Guessing a bug, unless we’re both missing something. Would put in tech support if I was you.

i do think the same ... thanks for taking a look at it! :)

Set the shedule to "Fixed" in order for them not to remove the event

it's 'fixed' ... & still happens. i have no idea.

It's not impeding anything at all, I was just curious about this particular aspect of the HOI mechanic. I did a test and had a worker have 91 popularity across the board, to account for possible rounding up and on another save I had a worker with 95 popularity, and advanced two days (iirc, that's how long it took in the previous to establish). Still nothing that would indicate progress into the HOI...can anyone help out?

I just had a quick question, so how exactly does the "National Icon" criteria work? When I looked at the database editor, it says a worker must achieve 90 in an entire game area. That's an entire country, right?

In my saved game, I have a few workers that have achieved 90 popularity in the USA but I do not see any progress towards their Hall of Immortals achievement that would indicate National Icon status.

For example, some like Chad Gable and Bray Wyatt are right at 90 or so, but not 94-95 the way Randy Orton or AJ Styles in my save game is, so maybe it's the game rounding up?

It's not impeding anything at all, I was just curious about this particular aspect of the HOI mechanic. I did a test and had a worker have 91 popularity across the board, to account for possible rounding up and on another save I had a worker with 95 popularity, and advanced two days (iirc, that's how long it took in the previous to establish). Still nothing that would indicate progress into the HOI...can anyone help out?

What sort of progress are you looking for? It won't tell you exactly what achievements he's gotten -- but under achievements, it should say _____ % towards HOI. The national icon is supposed to account for 25% of the way towards the HOI -- if it isn't giving you anything, it might be a tech support issue. I don't remember the specific number of days it takes to establish though.

Special Events always start as dormant.

I was about to say the same thing.

Special Events go dormant as soon as they run and a special show being preset in the schedule will automatically go dormant and the AI won't reactive it. The help file even suggests not filling the AI schedule with them. They are designed to be one-off shows. You're better off making it an event and then having it go dormant the next month so that it only happens once.

What sort of progress are you looking for? It won't tell you exactly what achievements he's gotten -- but under achievements, it should say _____ % towards HOI. The national icon is supposed to account for 25% of the way towards the HOI -- if it isn't giving you anything, it might be a tech support issue. I don't remember the specific number of days it takes to establish though.

I was watching for that specific progress. So like, even though I have workers with 90+ popularity, I see nothing indicating they've made progress in HOI criteria. So I don't see the "25% towards becoming a Hall of Immortals inductee" for those workers with over 90 popularity.

Why do some workers show up as possible CEO's for child company but not Booker and vice versa? Someone might have 80 business skill and 50 booking skill and show up under hire booker and not hire CEO for example.

Not sure, but I think this might have something to do with the minimum age they have set for either

Not sure, but I think this might have something to do with the minimum age they have set for either

It also has to do with company size and company styles. Some guys will only own something above a certain size, some will only book certain styles. There are several variables that go into it.

I just got an owner's goal that states I cannot hire anyone at a medium size or higher. Does that go for wrestlers who find their contracts coming up (working for a bigger company)? I'm the SWF and I'd hate to miss out on bidding for bigger names if their contracts are up with TCW and USPW.

Thank you!

I just got an owner's goal that states I cannot hire anyone at a medium size or higher. Does that go for wrestlers who find their contracts coming up (working for a bigger company)? I'm the SWF and I'd hate to miss out on bidding for bigger names if their contracts are up with TCW and USPW.

Thank you!

As in, Jerry doesn’t want you to poach guys from bigger companies? I’ve never seen the medium sized owner goal. Is it saying you can’t sign guys from companies of medium sized? Just seeking clarification.

As in, Jerry doesn’t want you to poach guys from bigger companies? Just seeking clarification.

Yea, it's my Owner's Goal.

It states: "You cannot hire anybody who already works for a company of Medium size or above."

I may just restart my game, as I haven't booked a show yet. I'd hate for it to interfere in who I can attempt to steal from the other big companies in my region.

if i create an alter ego for an wrestler at WWE for example.

will this alter ego also count for the developmental leagues NXT & NXT:UK?

when they got sent down, will they use the same alter-ego as in the 'mother' federation, or do they need an alter-ego for every league separately?

thanks in advance! :)

It states: "You cannot hire anybody who already works for a company of Medium size or above."

I may just restart my game, as I haven't booked a show yet. I'd hate for it to interfere in who I can attempt to steal from the other big companies in my region.

Just turn off Owner goals, then turn them on again the next day. New goals, new problems.

I see it in SWF, USPW, 21CW all the time. Depending on the company, you may not be able to avoid it.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="badbeat" data-cite="badbeat" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is there an attribute other than Booking for Child company bookers to book angles? My guys book 90's and 100's matches but they can't book themselves out of a paper bag with angles.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Angles have everything to do with the talent that is down there. Are they entertaining? Are they popular? There isn’t an independent skill for booking angles.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Historian" data-cite="Historian" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Angles have everything to do with the talent that is down there. Are they entertaining? Are they popular? There isn’t an independent skill for booking angles.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> They seem to just be using the wrong people. I purposely hired some people with charisma, microphone, etc.. then they go and do the angle with guy with 65 microphone. Maybe its random based on the angles i see the autobooker make.</p>