The "Booking Committee" Thread, 2020 Edition

On 3/29/2024 at 9:43 AM, seminoledozer said:

Running TCW in December 2020 and had $26 million in the bank while also having bought out CWA & PGHW and running them as development companies. I've also managed to sign away some upper echelon young stars like Hollywood Brett Starr, Casey Valentine & Spencer Spade while prioritizing keeping my own stars in house. But...just got hit with a financial scandal where I lost $22 million plus which messed up my plans of starting my own broadcaster which I was going to do at when I had around $33 million. In my eyes this warrants Kyle Rhodes losing his job as CEO so I'm putting this out there for any ideas of who should replace him as CEO?

I'm guessing you're going to be using the CEO? Ricky Dale Johnson comes to mind. Or if you want a more subdued presence, what about Robert Montgomery Sr?

• Like 1

On 3/29/2024 at 2:43 PM, seminoledozer said:

Running TCW in December 2020 and had $26 million in the bank while also having bought out CWA & PGHW and running them as development companies. I've also managed to sign away some upper echelon young stars like Hollywood Brett Starr, Casey Valentine & Spencer Spade while prioritizing keeping my own stars in house. But...just got hit with a financial scandal where I lost $22 million plus which messed up my plans of starting my own broadcaster which I was going to do at when I had around $33 million. In my eyes this warrants Kyle Rhodes losing his job as CEO so I'm putting this out there for any ideas of who should replace him as CEO?

I suggest checking some former TCW champs now retired, among them you should find someone suitable for the role ;) 

CQI suggestion about Ricky Dale Johnson is one of the best option I think!

After Wrestlemania 40, I plan to streamline the TV shows and Titles.

This means no more Brand Split and retire many titles.

The Title Changes would be:

The primary WWE World Championship

spacer.png

The secondary WWE Intercontinental Championship

spacer.png

The tertiary WWE United States Championship

spacer.png

The WWE Women's Championship

spacer.png

I'm looking for help with the WWE Tag Team titles. Not sure which version to use.

Also, I'm thinking about removing Money In The Bank completely.

Thoughts? Any advice and criticism is wanted and welcomed.

Thank you in advance!

Wasn't sure where else to post this, so hopefully someone here has some ideas. 

Looking for a suggestion on a hopefully English/Spanish speaking retired wrestler or non-wrestler to be the Mexican/lucha representative in a booking committee in 1992. I have Sonny Onoo as the Japanese representative and Mark Rocco as the English representative for example. 

1 hour ago, ArcheoOutOfNowhere said:

A couple of names that might work, although I don't know how much you want them to be known: José Lothario, or maybe Pedro Morales if you don't care if they are actually Mexican/from the lucha libre scene ? If they can just be old but non-retired, maybe Chavo Guerrero Sr. ?

Chavo Sr is a great shout. I realized Antonio Pena was free and ended up grabbing him. Chavo is definitely getting hired though for something.

Speaking of bookers/owners, I actually have need of people's knowledge to pick one myself !

I've decided to (re-) open a NWA company that hadn't been open for more than 34 years, namely NWA Los Angeles (or NWA Hollywood) in 1992. However, I'm stuck on who would be a legitimate choice as the owner of the company. Basically, the idea is that I'll be similar to one of those many companies that opened under the NWA umbrella in the late 90's and early 00's (NWA Florida, NWA 2000, NWA Anarchy, etc), and will try to first become a giant, then "eat" every other NWA companies until I'm the only one left.

However, I don't know who to pick as a legitimate owner: ideally, I'd want someone who would have had ties with NWA back in the days, who didn't open another company in the database (hence why Rick Bassman, Johnny Legend, Roland Alexander or David McLane aren't really options) and preferably in the Los Angeles area at the time, or at the very least in California.
Based on the database and the very limited research I've done so far, I probably could go for either José Lothario, Jack Armstrong, Ray Stevens, Ivan Putski or (just for the pun) Jeanne Basone who used to be known as Hollywood in GLOW, but none of those names seem to really fit, so any suggestions would be more than welcome !

Edited by ArcheoOutOfNowhere

5 hours ago, ArcheoOutOfNowhere said:

Speaking of bookers/owners, I actually have need of people's knowledge to pick one myself !

I've decided to (re-) open a NWA company that hadn't been open for more than 34 years, namely NWA Los Angeles (or NWA Hollywood) in 1992. However, I'm stuck on who would be a legitimate choice as the owner of the company. Basically, the idea is that I'll be similar to one of those many companies that opened under the NWA umbrella in the late 90's and early 00's (NWA Florida, NWA 2000, NWA Anarchy, etc), and will try to first become a giant, then "eat" every other NWA companies until I'm the only one left.

However, I don't know who to pick as a legitimate owner: ideally, I'd want someone who would have had ties with NWA back in the days, who didn't open another company in the database (hence why Rick Bassman, Johnny Legend, Roland Alexander or David McLane aren't really options) and preferably in the Los Angeles area at the time, or at the very least in California.
Based on the database and the very limited research I've done so far, I probably could go for either José Lothario, Jack Armstrong, Ray Stevens, Ivan Putski or (just for the pun) Jeanne Basone who used to be known as Hollywood in GLOW, but none of those names seem to really fit, so any suggestions would be more than welcome !

Just from a list of people with links to the original NWA Hollywood:

Freddie Blassie & Jules Strongbow (former bookers), Chavo Guerrero Sr. (most times NWA America's champ), Chris Adams (former champ)

5 hours ago, ArcheoOutOfNowhere said:

Chavo Sr is a good pick for this actually! You could also use Chavo Sr as an excuse to bring in lucha stars. He won NWA America's title and America's tag titles a butt load of times in NWA Hollywood. 

• Like 1

Looking for a name for an on screen group of authority figures. Some akin to a championship committee. Its for a WCW 92 save and Booking Committee, Championship Committee, and Board of Directors are all I can think of, but they just don't sit right for me for some reason. It's a group of road agents doubling as the "decision" makers for WCW. 

Was thinking of having 4-6 members, with one person being the Commissioner or Director of Authority. I really like the DOA terminology, so Board of Directors seems like the way to go. It's going to feature someone representing the major wrestling markets. So Sonny Onoo representing Japan and Marc Rocco representing England. Using this as a kayfabe way to explain the international influence on my hirings.

Just trying to get some input on this.

21 hours ago, Jaysin said:

Looking for a name for an on screen group of authority figures. Some akin to a championship committee. Its for a WCW 92 save and Booking Committee, Championship Committee, and Board of Directors are all I can think of, but they just don't sit right for me for some reason. It's a group of road agents doubling as the "decision" makers for WCW. 

Was thinking of having 4-6 members, with one person being the Commissioner or Director of Authority. I really like the DOA terminology, so Board of Directors seems like the way to go. It's going to feature someone representing the major wrestling markets. So Sonny Onoo representing Japan and Marc Rocco representing England. Using this as a kayfabe way to explain the international influence on my hirings.

Just trying to get some input on this.

I'm currently using the "CGC Matchmaking Committee" as my authority figures in my 1997 diary game. A 5-man team, a mix of veteran wrestlers and television executives who mostly stay in the background, deciding on matches, but occasionally pop in to suspend someone or publicly vote on the odd big issue. 

"Directors" felt too Big Business for me (works for corporate WCW though and "Booking" feels like it breaks kayfabe too much for me. "Matchmaking" just felt nice and quaint. Does exactly what it says on the tin. 

• Like 1

On 3/31/2024 at 10:42 AM, CQI13 said:

I'm guessing you're going to be using the CEO? Ricky Dale Johnson comes to mind. Or if you want a more subdued presence, what about Robert Montgomery Sr?

I've actually been using Brent Hill as head booker so unfortunately; I'm going to lose the extra user point I've earned thus far when I make this change. I like your idea of RDJ and already have him under contract acting as the on screen authority figure. Who is Robert Montgomery Sr? I didn't find him in the data.

2 hours ago, seminoledozer said:

I've actually been using Brent Hill as head booker so unfortunately; I'm going to lose the extra user point I've earned thus far when I make this change. I like your idea of RDJ and already have him under contract acting as the on screen authority figure. Who is Robert Montgomery Sr? I didn't find him in the data.

I didn't realize he wasn't in the original data. He must have been added in one of those "Yet to Debut" mods I added - which makes sense now that I think about it since his kids debut over the first two years. Per the bio Stallings supposedly had plans to bring him in to HGC, but was in a car wreck that forced him to retire. He opens up a school, and his kids (and a niece?) debut over the first 2 or so years. I usually use him as my User Character (or have him involved in my fed) so he can lead a stable of his family. The large family gave me Von Erich vibes for a story to explore in my games.

3 hours ago, Self said:

I'm currently using the "CGC Matchmaking Committee" as my authority figures in my 1997 diary game. A 5-man team, a mix of veteran wrestlers and television executives who mostly stay in the background, deciding on matches, but occasionally pop in to suspend someone or publicly vote on the odd big issue. 

"Directors" felt too Big Business for me (works for corporate WCW though and "Booking" feels like it breaks kayfabe too much for me. "Matchmaking" just felt nice and quaint. Does exactly what it says on the tin. 

Matchmaking Committee is perfect and I can use the commissioner title for the big cheese 

Looking for some creative advice on how to handle Jimmy and Jey Uso post-mania. I would ideally like to get them on the same page again in the longer perspective, but also have it making sense and not just "they worked out their differences off screen and are now tagging for no reason". I'm thinking Jimmy turning face. Jey, in kayfabe, has no reason to trust Jimmy, so creative advice on how to play to that and have him regain the trust of his brother.

Preferably free of The Bloodline, I wanna keep The Bloodline and the Usos separated post-draft.

1 hour ago, PaperMachete said:

Looking for some creative advice on how to handle Jimmy and Jey Uso post-mania. I would ideally like to get them on the same page again in the longer perspective, but also have it making sense and not just "they worked out their differences off screen and are now tagging for no reason". I'm thinking Jimmy turning face. Jey, in kayfabe, has no reason to trust Jimmy, so creative advice on how to play to that and have him regain the trust of his brother.

Preferably free of The Bloodline, I wanna keep The Bloodline and the Usos separated post-draft.

I think you have the beginning pretty well set - Jey could forgive Jimmy, but certainly not forget. That's going to take a while. I would probably have them start teaming, but with Jey doing blind tags to get the win. Maybe have moments of mixed signals where Jimmy is going to hit someone with a chair, he ducks, and he almost hits Jey (but he stops himself, obviously). Events like that could lead to a loss here and there along the way. There could be issues like that where the roles are reversed, too. I would have Jey continue his solo run for a bit (along with tagging with Jimmy). He tells Jimmy he doesn't want him at ringside for his matches, not with what's happened in the past. Then, with a big title match, Jey loses and the champion (or maybe a stable) brutally attack Jey after the match. At that point Jimmy comes in, saves his brother, having regained his trust. If you have the Usos as part of a Wargames match you could have Jimmy save Jey (similar to how Bayley saved Damage CTRL last year. Except this time, the payoff is that the Usos form a stronger bond than before.

• Like 1

One thing that could be done is play with Jimmy's insecurities. He did what he did because he is scared of not being the big brother, scared of being left alone. From there, the face turn can be built. He is a fiery underdog who doesn't take anything seriously yet never seems to give up and actually goes after the big dogs. 

As for reuniting them, I would go with a heel that feuds with both Jey and Jimmy as rivals. Somewhere down the line, Jimmy accepts that he isn't the big brother anymore and sacrifices himself to give the win to Jey, accepting his insecurities but still willing to prove himself and be the Rogue Uso but Jey still doesn't trust him. 

Then, maybe Jimmy keeps feuding or has a new rival and as things are looking bad, Jey makes the save and embraces his brother 

• Like 2

Calling up Carlito pretty early into 2004 save, Got a plan for his first fued to try get him some good pop fairly quick, any suggestions on who to have as his muscle? Tomko is gona be alongside Christian, was thinking Matt Morgan I have him not doing much or could go down the road of him "paying" someone like Atrain to have his back until i finish a more suitable option.

On 4/14/2024 at 1:29 PM, PaperMachete said:

Judgement Day or The Final Testament. 

I would go with The Final Testament to potentially build them up as well.

Main Event Jey Uso needs to feud with Kross for the #1 contender for the belt.

Have Jimmy help out Jey against the odds of which ever faction he is feuding with. Have this happen multiple times.

Eventually, Jimmy could end up on the wrong end of a beatdown by the faction, and Jey could finally forgive his brother and make the save. 

This could lead to tag matches against the AOP, depending on the faction.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chris said:

Calling up Carlito pretty early into 2004 save, Got a plan for his first fued to try get him some good pop fairly quick, any suggestions on who to have as his muscle? Tomko is gona be alongside Christian, was thinking Matt Morgan I have him not doing much or could go down the road of him "paying" someone like Atrain to have his back until i finish a more suitable option.

Shawn Hernandez has the Latino connection, has the size to be a bodyguard, and eventually you could bring in Homicide(that's not PG) and form a WWE version of LAX. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Chris said:

Another idea, why not Aaron Aguilera like in reality? Just drop the cringey stabbing Cena at the bar crap 😂

He should be available and he had prior WWE experience teaming with Christopher Daniels as bogus Conquistadors, so the hiring isn't out of left field. 

Actually, you just gave me an idea for a 2004 save if I can get Konnan to sign.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jaysin said:

Another idea, why not Aaron Aguilera like in reality? Just drop the cringey stabbing Cena at the bar crap 😂

He should be available and he had prior WWE experience teaming with Christopher Daniels as bogus Conquistadors, so the hiring isn't out of left field. 

Actually, you just gave me an idea for a 2004 save if I can get Konnan to sign.

For some reason I didnt think Aguilera was around until a little later haha, thank you