TEW 2020 Mod Index Thread

You need to go to school for real if you think I was offering legal analysis. That was merely me trying to reverse engineer the ridiculous headspace you'd have to be in to actually do this for the reason stated. Absolutely nobody gives a crap whether you've unpinned a resource thread on your non-indexed forums or not. It's absolutely baffling why this stance would ever be taken.

And it was legit quite annoying since I had to actually chase the link down initially because it was like page 2-3 for me after I spent like 15mins starring at the stickied threads wondering where the hell it was to post the link in that thread that popped up.

It's not like the sky is falling, I just assumed they hit the sticky limit, but then I heard this reasoning and now this is really something you really should care about because diaries may start poofing without warning, and mods may start getting taken down. If this is the stance they're taking moving forward.

That's why somebody should really clarify this. Because I'd be super worried if I was working on a RW mod right now. If you think that take is cringe. I don't know what to tell you honestly.

My take as someone working on RW mods right now: calm down, stop being so dramatic, it's just a thread that wasn't even updated in the first place.

Who unstickied this? Imo this is a valuable resource for new players, providing links to buried mods without having to look through 10's of pages.

It also happened to the mod index of WMMA5.

Don't make us bump this every month. :p

edit: Ok apparently I'm not the first to notice. I guess that by "stickying" it you might be "endorsing" mods with intellectual property. Fair enough. Too bad for the new players though. No one is going to search the forums for an "index".

But honestly, just by allowing it on your page you're already acknowledging it. I'm not a lawyer obviously, but I'm sure it's not hard to convince a judge that, when such a mod in on there for years without removal, it's the almost same thing. So to me it doesn't make sense. But whatever.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="daddy_shelton" data-cite="daddy_shelton" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48086" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Just out of curiosity, did this get unstickied? I had to mess with the date settings just to find this thread again.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes. It's no longer stickied.</p>

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone made an early 2010s mod? Like 2013 or so? Seems like a lot of today's popular indy talent were getting their starts then, so that's why I ask.

There's a 2010 and a 2013 on the list in the first post. Can't speak for the 2010, but I've tried the 2013, and while it is a work in progress, it's in a perfectly playable state and really quite good

• 2 weeks later...

You could do two things if you keep losing a thread:

1. Bookmark it in your browser of choice.

2. At the top of the thread there's a Thread Tools button, click on that and then Subscribe to this Thread. Then if you click on User CP at the top left on the forum and under Subscribed Threads you have a List Subscriptions button which will give you a list of threads you've subscribed to.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...