Am i the only one that wishes the AI wasn't infallible?

Don't get me wrong, I love that the AI isn't an idiot but I'd like to see some variation, every show the AI books for any company is the bestest show that's ever been booked according to the show recaps :D

maybe it's just not enough shows have been run, but i'd like to at least see an "ok at best" game out of the computer companies once in a blue moon

Yeah it would be nice if the AI wasn't the toughest in the world and made me look like a sack of garbage in comparison, but if it makes you feel better the AI makes it's own mistakes. It's not in booking always, but I have one company in one of my databases in 2020 right now where the AI is not smart enough to see that they're losing all of their money very quickly and if the database didn't end at two months, they would likely be going out of business within half a year.

No...I haven't played as much as I would like in the demo so far but everything I've seen and read looks great. In previous games the AI was pretty much in the background outside of one company usually USPW/SOTBPW taking ALL the talent.

Also 2 months is hardly enough time to really evaluate the AI.

No...I haven't played as much as I would like in the demo so far but everything I've seen and read looks great. In previous games the AI was pretty much in the background outside of one company usually USPW/SOTBPW taking ALL the talent.

Also 2 months is hardly enough time to really evaluate the AI.

I'm just going by the show reports.

so far i've yet to see an AI company book a show that wasn't basically a slam dunk, for any company, of any size, in about 6 months of play throughs between my 3 games I've set up so far and played till the cutoff.

That doesn't seem realistic either tbh.

Try using the autobooker and you'll see how fallible the AI is. Every match and segment will get a penalty.

Not really the point i was making.

Just pointing out/ asking if anyone has seen the AI companies book anything less than the greatest show around, week in and week out.

For all i know it's just the flavor text, I'll admit I'm not getting into the numbers/pop gain or anything.

Just would be nice to see "SWF booked x, it was ok, but nothing special" once in awhile

Just pointing out/ asking if anyone has seen the AI companies book anything less than the greatest show around, week in and week out.

I'm seeing the same stupid AI that's always existed. You're reading too much into show reports. You have a sample size that isn't in any way substantial and drawing conclusions from it. Anybody in any promotion can book two months worth of top rated shows. We're not going to have any idea how good or bad the AI is until we can play a year or more. It's not how you start, it's how you finish.

Give you an example. I've seen CWA give away their best matches on TV and crap matches (comparatively speaking) on PPV.

Brooke Tyler vs Lauren Easter Wk 4 Jan on TV - 83

Brooke Tyler vs Lauren Easter Wk 1 Feb on TV - 82

Pior to those two matches, you had a PPV main event of Vessey, Knight, Mountie Mann vs Deeley, and The DeColt Boys on Total Elimination 3 rate 81.

"Oh but those are their top stars!" Really? Then why are your top stars not wiping the floor with your 'division' people? "It's a multi-man match". Okay, then don't put it on your pay per view.

My point is, you're saying the AI is booking the best possible cards and I'm not seeing that at all. I'm still seeing semi-mains rated higher than the main event (not that big a deal with the new grading system, true). I'm still seeing women's division matches on TV rated higher than PPV main events. I wouldn't call that infallible.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Remianen" data-cite="Remianen" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48333" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm seeing the same stupid AI that's always existed. </div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Not me man. I get the guy's point. I started up an insignificant promotion with a few unknown workers and booked 7 shows and was really struggling to get good ratings with my matches and segments (they were still 30s though so they increased my pop nontheless.)</p><p> </p><p> Then I went and tested another company, but I watched the AI book the same insignifcant company for the same period of time, and the AI clearly knew who to book to get better ratings, because they were getting high 60s as an insignifant company with only 20 pop as a company. I copied some of their booking pairings and started to get similar ratings on my next test.</p><p> </p><p> The AI does know what it is doing.</p><p> </p><p> But the Auto-Book button does <em>not</em>.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TOTKingNothing" data-cite="TOTKingNothing" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48333" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Not me man. I get the guy's point. I started up an insignificant promotion with a few unknown workers and booked 7 shows and was really struggling to get good ratings with my matches and segments (they were still 30s though so they increased my pop nontheless.)<p> </p><p> Then I went and tested another company, but I watched the AI book the same insignifcant company for the same period of time, and the AI clearly knew who to book to get better ratings, because they were getting high 60s as an insignifant company with only 20 pop as a company. I copied some of their booking pairings and started to get similar ratings on my next test.</p><p> </p><p> The AI does know what it is doing.</p><p> </p><p> But the Auto-Book button does <em>not</em>.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> One thing I would consider is <em>who</em> the AI is booking in that case. They aren't going to be hiring that don't fit with their products, but if they're putting on shows getting 60 rated matches from jump street at 20 pop then there's a really good they're hiring people they can't afford. Hell, in 2016 I found myself funneling money to small promotions through the editor because they were really prone to going under due to the AI insistence of hiring really talented workers out of its price range.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="codey_v2" data-cite="codey_v2" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48333" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>One thing I would consider is <em>who</em> the AI is booking in that case. They aren't going to be hiring that don't fit with their products, but if they're putting on shows getting 60 rated matches from jump street at 20 pop then there's a really good they're hiring people they can't afford. Hell, in 2016 I found myself funneling money to small promotions through the editor because they were really prone to going under due to the AI insistence of hiring really talented workers out of its price range.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> In my example, both myself and the AI used the same roster. I created the insignificant company in the database so no there were no differences to the roster during the tests. Basically the AI just knew who to book against each other instead, much better than I did.</p>

Auto-booker just booked a decent show for me. I just went in and set all the winners I wanted, changed pre-show matches to matches on the card, and then made some youngboy matches in the pre-show.

Did it set all the segment lengths to fit in with your product?

That's been my biggest beef with autobooker to date, I'm booking RAW and literally every angle and match it books is 10-20 minutes, when they all need to be sub-8.

Yeah, they are basically All stars and i am a sack of garbage in comparison. Also the AI regularly books the similar main matches over and over again. So i guess they do not have the same penalties the player does (if you have the box ticked for repetitive matches).

It'd be nice to have that pay off where you work competently to not book yourself into a corner, but can watch the AI mess up and run that Rocky Golden main event once too often. Naturally, we'd turn our back on the AI, point to our noggin because we're so smart, and wheel back around to discover that they've put out written contracts for our entire main event scene.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The Nickman" data-cite="The Nickman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48333" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Did it set all the segment lengths to fit in with your product?<p> </p><p> That's been my biggest beef with autobooker to date, I'm booking RAW and literally every angle and match it books is 10-20 minutes, when they all need to be sub-8.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It was with PGHW and the autobooker was throwing out 20-35 minute matches, so it did what it was supposed to for me. Hahahah.</p>

I'm just going by the show reports.

It's worth remembering that the show reports flavour text is mechanically generated depending on how their show rating compared to their popularity with you basically only having to match it to get some form of positive flavour text. Considering how many companies start with a popularity less than 40 (and often far less than that) it's actually extremely hard for them not to get a positive flavour text for their shows just because it's hard for say MAW with a highest popularity of 25 to book a show that doesn't get a 30+ rating.

Much like how for a player booked company it's almost impossible not to get positive results in smaller companies because your popularity is so low but more challenging the bigger you get, from what I've seen in the demo the AI isn't excelling at the top level. It's seemingly not making some of the silly mistakes it did previously but for example in my saves where I've done the entire two months it seems like USPW struggles to get ratings above the mid-80's... which does mean it often gets positive flavour text considering its size but has actually resulted in it dropping a point of popularity in the US and Canada.