TEW2020 Ultimate Excel

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p><strong>V0.5 is now out - the first post is updated with the download link</strong></p><p> </p><p>

This corrects the alignment error kindly pointed out by stevedarake</p><p> </p><p>

Couple of other amendments: when updating the data it now sorts your roster from A-Z by name (I've not got round to looking at a full sorting workaround for all columns), I've added a Power 500 Graph added to the Company tab, plus I've added a first draft of a Personal tab.</p><p> </p><p>

On the Personal tab I was going to incorporate some Road to Glory type info (starting stats vs. current, yearly stats progression, annual best match; it could also incorporate and generate the random year end roles) so if you have any suggestions just let me know.</p>

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey, so I thought i'd go in and give your file a try but couldn't get it working. Always error'd out asking for the password and then obviously the tabs didn't update correctly.

So I had a look through your vba and everything looked fine.

Next I went and looked at the data connections and whilst everything there looked fine, I recreated the connection to the "TEW2020 Ultimate Excel.mdb" and now it all works fine.

I could replicate the error of it trying to pull the the data from the main TEW DB by installing the trial on a second PC and just downloading the file and attempting to run it from the download file with nothing else and it would still find and open the TEW DB and attempt to use it to open files.

So I think somewhere, somehow, in there you might have a link to the main DB instead of the Ultimate DB you have people create.

Hey, so I thought i'd go in and give your file a try but couldn't get it working. Always error'd out asking for the password and then obviously the tabs didn't update correctly.

So I had a look through your vba and everything looked fine.

Next I went and looked at the data connections and whilst everything there looked fine, I recreated the connection to the "TEW2020 Ultimate Excel.mdb" and now it all works fine.

I could replicate the error of it trying to pull the the data from the main TEW DB by installing the trial on a second PC and just downloading the file and attempting to run it from the download file with nothing else and it would still find and open the TEW DB and attempt to use it to open files.

So I think somewhere, somehow, in there you might have a link to the main DB instead of the Ultimate DB you have people create.

So, could you help me a little bit? I'm getting asked for the password too :(. What should i do to make it work?

Done everything the directions say to do, still it isn't my company (TCW) that comes up, it's the CWA that does. hen I try to enter my companies number into the square above the name, I get a password needed to unprotect the page to change it. Don't have the password! ?

• 2 weeks later...
I am also dealing with the same issues as the previous posters, followed every instruction as exact and unfortunately I am not that knowledgeable with Excel to be of any help, I'll follow this thread however as this resource looks EXTREMELY useful!

• 1 month later...

This is fantastic! I was having issues where I thought Excel was freezing but it was just processing so much data and pulling it in.

Showing it working:

lu5BR7.jpg

Would it be possible to get this to work for all workers? So you could compare multiple worker stats/pops at once? Would be a brilliant tool for mod makers.

• 8 months later...
So I did the instructions, but the problem is that the info never updates, so when i have new roster talent, it doesnt show the new people hired. only from when I started with the data on there.

am i doing something wrong?

GHOST

Nope. It doesnt have a direct link to an up to data file so you will have to keep updating the mdb file and bring it to the excel in order to keep it up to date.

• 7 months later...