Talking to workers thread

Everybody says yes to everything I suggest to them with the exception of Tristram Day, who won't accept a single role... he just doesn't want to appear on TV.

I talked the whole roster of RAW into relocating to Western Australia so I can cheap out on flights and accommodation, and they all said yes.

I think some things are a bit too easy to do, for example in a monday night wars save i was able to talk a lot of people into doing steroids or, as a japanese company, i could get 95% of the people to become active or rebase to japan, i dont know if it was intended like this, but i think some options are too easy and some are too hard, ive never been able to talk someone out of retirement for instance

Hmm

Well I do agree that some things are too easy to do but it’ll probably get tweaked a little bit as we get closer to the release date

As for beatingstuff88 why not try dan stone jr? Assuming your trying the cornelverse he’s still a fantastic in ring worker, and is young enough that a return is still viable, plus I succeeded on convincing him so maybe he’s a little easier to convince?

Funniest thing I saw was talking to Steve Frehley asked him about putting over Nicky Champion and he told “I’m not looking to put anyone over” lol not even Hogan had that rep

One thing I found on day 1 was you could suggest steroids to a worker, then immediately drug test them. You could then fire them!

Seemed a bit like a loophole to get someone out of a contract - need to try it again.

Would make for a great scumbag promoter story though. Especially if there's a mechanic for the worker to later sue for wrongful termination.

It's a good new feature albeit limited in scope. I would like to see it expanded and have branching conversation options to really give it life.

Right now it's... Come out of retirement? No!

Whereas if you had the option to pursue it further after the no with a massive pay day or promise of a title, etc... Just one example.

I agree with this

I’d love to promise the occasional title run, have it be a Workers demands if they do what I want , as for the player happy about the steroids chat feature, I don’t wanna be a negative Nancy but I don’t think you can convince wrestlers to take other drugs in the game (that sounded really weird lol)

One thing I found on day 1 was you could suggest steroids to a worker, then immediately drug test them. You could then fire them!

Seemed a bit like a loophole to get someone out of a contract - need to try it again.

Oh thank god. I'm firing Vince McMahon today.

Oh thank god. I'm firing Vince McMahon today.

Hopfully that gets corrected. I mean it would be cool depends on company and wrestler if they could get presentation and take you to court

Maybe if you are a booker and depends on your relationship with owner if they are friends with who you gave steroids yo and fired maybe it affects your relationship and forces stricter goals on you for a period of time.

As SWF (playing as Eric Eisen) I managed to get most of TCW and USPWs workers to relocate to SWFs home base of New England. What’s more fun is convincing some of their workers (Casey Valentine, Matt Hocking, mostly toned middleweights) to start doing steroids. Hoping to cause some scandal problems for them down the line...

As SWF (playing as Eric Eisen) I managed to get most of TCW and USPWs workers to relocate to SWFs home base of New England. What’s more fun is convincing some of their workers (Casey Valentine, Matt Hocking, mostly toned middleweights) to start doing steroids. Hoping to cause some scandal problems for them down the line...

That's interesting. I think the tweak should be that you shouldn't be able to convince workers of a rival promotion of the same size or higher than yours to do anything.

I’d love to promise the occasional title run, have it be a Workers demands if they do what I want , as for the player happy about the steroids chat feature, I don’t wanna be a negative Nancy but I don’t think you can convince wrestlers to take other drugs in the game (that sounded really weird lol)

Other drugs don't have an immediate positive effect on their careers. Cocaine is a helluva drug but it's not going to get you pushed in SWF like turning into a hulking heavyweight will.

Painkillers, but that's situational.

Not even close IMO. So being a toned middleweight in the sea of toned middleweights in the midcard is going to change because of perceived durability? Typical 'gainz' from steroids are like a full weight class AND an increase to star quality and/or menace. Painkillers mask wear and tear or the appearance of physical decline. They're largely passive and can't be "seen" by others. But if a dude goes from looking like Carlito to looking like Ryback in a short period of time, people take notice. In a company like SWF or TCW or USPW (or even CWA), that'll change your push for sure and add an upward trajectory to your career prospects.