Weights on TEW2020

<p>It's in the handbook, under Workers->Worker Sizes. But it's super simple, so I'll just copy it.</p><p> </p><p>

Very Small: <140 lb</p><p>

Small: 140-180 lb</p><p>

Lightweight: 180-230 lb</p><p>

Middleweight: 230-260 lb</p><p>

Light Heavyweight: 260-290 lb</p><p>

Heavyweight: 290-320 lb</p><p>

Big Heavyweight: 320-380 lb</p><p>

Super Heavyweight >380 lb</p><p>

Giant: Special cases</p>

It's in the handbook, under Workers->Worker Sizes. But it's super simple, so I'll just copy it.

Very Small: <140 lb

Small: 140-180 lb

Lightweight: 180-230 lb

Middleweight: 230-260 lb

Light Heavyweight: 260-290 lb

Heavyweight: 290-320 lb

Big Heavyweight: 320-380 lb

Super Heavyweight >380 lb

Giant: Special cases

Daaamn, am I the only one who thinks Ligthweight should be 180-210 and middleweight 210-250 or 260? I mean, you're surely not lightweight past 210 lb, right?

Daaamn, am I the only one who thinks Ligthweight should be 180-210 and middleweight 210-250 or 260? I mean, you're surely not lightweight past 210 lb, right?

Pro Wrestlers are big, dont know what else to tell ya

It's pretty accurate actually. Middleweight would be too big for juniors but not big enough for real heavyweight competition.

Juniors in NJPW are 220 and under

Cruiserweight title in WCW was 230 and under

NWA Lightweight title is 225 and under

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="d12345" data-cite="d12345" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48712" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It's pretty accurate actually. Middleweight would be too big for juniors but not big enough for real heavyweight competition.<p> </p><p> Juniors in NJPW are 220 and under</p><p> Cruiserweight title in WCW was 230 and under</p><p> NWA Lightweight title is 225 and under</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I had no idea the Cruiserweight title in WCW was 230 and under. I guess it's pretty accurate then</p>

I posted some suggested changes to sizes over in the suggestions forum. Doubt it'll be implemented though.

I've always thought Adam's conception of wrestling is very 2005-ish, and the weight classes certainly back that up. Wrestlers have gotten a lot smaller lately, and it's a little odd that most modern workers would go into one category, and you have 4+ separate categories for rare big guys. I stress it's only slightly odd though. I don't think you really need to split out Lightweights just because there's a lot of them.

I've always thought Adam's conception of wrestling is very 2005-ish, and the weight classes certainly back that up. Wrestlers have gotten a lot smaller lately, and it's a little odd that most modern workers would go into one category, and you have 4+ separate categories for rare big guys. I stress it's only slightly odd though. I don't think you really need to split out Lightweights just because there's a lot of them.

I think there is an element of truth to that. I think it also makes sense to split up the rare big guys more though to get a greater sense of just how rare/special they are.

If Light Heavyweight - Big Heavyweight were combined and Super Heavyweight and Giant were combined, I think you’d lose something valuable in terms of how workers are perceived (especially in the fictional universe of the C-Verse) but if you separated Lightweight and Middleweight into five categories, I don’t think you’d gain anything particularly meaningful. I could understand having one more category in that area, something like a Welterweight between Lightweight and Middleweight.

Maybe:

Small: 140-170

Lightweight: 170-210

Welterweight: 210-240

Middleweight: 240-260

But that’s because I’ve always thought the guys who are 260 look so much bigger than the guys who are 230 so it’s strange to see them in the same category (similarly someone who is 180 and someone who is 230). For game mechanics it actually becomes trickier because belt weights would then fall into the middle of a class.

There’s also the issue of gimmick weights being reduced in the modern day so wrestlers are billed as weighing closer to their actual weight than they were 20+ years ago.

<p>What would Tiny be though? Even a slender and small but athletic woman would be at least 115 or so. Sure, some people can be like... 90-110 but at that point, we're talking models (or short people with no muscle mass) not athletes or just people who have any amount of muscle mass/have any kind of active lifestyle.</p><p> </p><p>

Like for context, Rey Misterio is usually around 5'4" and 140.</p><p> </p><p>

That said, I don't disagree the values might need some tweaking or expansion. I would be hesitant on reducing the number of categories though. If nothing else, some lucha promotions have belts for every weight class, for instance, and in general, we'd probably end up grouping together radically different wrestlers and workers.</p><p> </p><p>

Perhaps part of the challenge is that Small and Lightweight cover more range than the other ranges. Other ranges cover 30 lbs which is a fairly decent range while Small and LW cover 40 and 50! 40-50 lbs of weight is, frankly, huge. 30 covers a small but wide enough range that someone aging and having a slower metabolism doesn't suddenly switch weight classes unless they stop exercising and being active (but they'll tip over once they do).</p>