Giving New Names to CV Workers

<p>In the real world, we have seen wrestlers be given a new name after joining the WWE. Examples are like Bryan Danielson becoming Daniel Bryan or Mean Mark Callous becoming the UnderTaker.</p><p> </p><p>

What are some names you have given to Cornellverse wrestlers after they joined your promotion? </p><p> </p><p>

Here are mine:</p><p>

Mikey James —> Mikey Dreamboat</p><p>

Steven Parker -> CM Perfect</p><p>

Hells Bouncer -> Killer Kolossus</p><p>

KC Glenn -> KC Omega</p><p>

Logan Wolfsbaine -> Logan Reigns</p><p>

Kirk Jameson -> KJ Styles</p>

Oh god. No disrespect, but don't you feel cheated by pulling names from real life counterparts instead of using your creativity? Everyone sounds like a knockoff chinese made action figure!

I’m not creative at all lol. Maybe this thread can have more creative name ideas for someone like me.

Some of mine from older saves:

Randy Bumfhole -> Randy Ravishing

Squeeky McClean -> John Ambush

Zimmy Bumfhole -> Z-Killa

Champagne Lover -> Latino Lover

Rich Money -> Sir Paul Parsons

Swoop McCarthy -> Macho McCarthy

Aaron Andrews -> Triple A

Nicky Champion -> The Hawk

Rocky Golden -> The Gold Standard

Mighty Mo -> Mo Barrett

What I usually do for them is take stuff from their gimmick, backstory, real name and some of my own creativity to create a new name that makes sense but that I also find more interesting!

Decked out with rerenders to that fit their new personas

I’m not creative at all lol. Maybe this thread can have more creative name ideas for someone like me.

I'm not judging lol (Secretely I'm just butthurt because Logan Wolfsbaine is a favorite of mine and I think his name rules no matter what promotion he's signed to!), surely you have some gimmick ideas and names to go pair with them deep down! Name generators can be a big help, there's a bunch of them. I don't really mess around with names too much. On the off chance I do, it's usually to give a masked worker a maskless moniker as a lot of the C-Verse luchador names don't fit a bare face haha

Some of mine from older saves:

Randy Bumfhole -> Randy Ravishing

Squeeky McClean -> John Ambush

Zimmy Bumfhole -> Z-Killa

Champagne Lover -> Latino Lover

Rich Money -> Sir Paul Parsons

Swoop McCarthy -> Macho McCarthy

Aaron Andrews -> Triple A

Nicky Champion -> The Hawk

Rocky Golden -> The Gold Standard

Mighty Mo -> Mo Barrett

What I usually do for them is take stuff from their gimmick, backstory, real name and some of my own creativity to create a new name that makes sense but that I also find more interesting!

Decked out with rerenders to that fit their new personas

Might have to steal that! I've never liked the name Aaron for a top tier guy but Triple A has some weight to it :D

I've done this a lot, my TCW save in particular had:

Davis Wayne Newton- Ziggy Prince

Kirk Jameson- Ford Starchild

Haley Buck- Sandy Jett

Ernest Youngman- Romeo Slater

Syd Collier: Christian Luger

Cameron Jones: Cameron Luger

My UWC save had a family of mobsters, The Marrone Crime Family:

"Honest" Frankie Marrone: Honest Frank

Venus Marrone: Venus Angeletti

Angelo Marrone: Austin Smooth

"Tough" Tony Sandretti: Regen

Tony "The Hand" Agessi: Cameron Jones

Tony Dante: Syd Collier

"Babyface" Sammy Pecci: Teddy Thompson (Of TITAN Factory)

Mickey Sinatra: The Architect

There was a whole bunch more but this is off the top of my head.

I absolutely despise when WWE does this in real life (especially since it's random who can keep their name and who can't) so I never do this in game. I've never even thought to do it in the game until I saw this topic. That said, you guys came up with some pretty good names. I especially like CM Perfect, because it has that authentic WWE, Dusty gave this two seconds of thought and said "CM Pwefect. Thas yo name, kid. Now go be a stah." energy.

For my first 2020 save I went for TCW for the first time in a long, loooong time and it seemed that as usual they could use more youth. I wanted a couple dependable heel teams to put over my various new signees. So I went out for some vets and got Remmy Honeyman and Simon Flemmingway.

Honeyman I'm good with, but Flemmingway feels like it's a bad ring name on purpose, and while it's kinda funny in that way, I couldn't think of a theme for them like that. So I changed his name to Simon Salt, and they thus became Sweet & Sour. Vinegar would probably fit better in tandem with honey but I don't think that sounds near as nice as a name.

In my original TCW game from literally over a decade ago I had signed the Cannonball Kid. That was considered his SWF name at the time and this was a diary so I was taking things like that more seriously than usual. So I needed to give him a new name. I wanted to take from his real name, which is Sam Pratt. But I also wanted to keep a little taste of his former ringname to give him that tinge of recognition. My mom's old family name was actually Cannon, so I'm accustomed to it as a last name and it seemed like a good one for a wrestler. But since I had both Sam Keith and Sammy Bach in big roles on that same roster, that left him to become Samuel Cannon.

In retrospect, I wish I hadn't been as finicky about that last part. At the time I'd never seen 'Sami' as an alternative spelling, the name 'Sami Cannon' seems pretty fitting for him and definitely rolls off the tongue better. I was just a teenager back then, of course...

I will often repackaged wrestlers I sign if I want them to play a specific character. I look at it as similar to when Lucha Underground had Ricochet play Prince Puma.

Aside from that, I will often rename characters that have similar names. For instance, in the CVerse, Hugh de Aske and Hugh Ancrie are two of my faves, but I don't like having two Hughs on the roster, so Ancrie often gets a name change. If I run a women's company, I often end up signing Kate Avatar and will change her name. And I always change Joey Minnesota's name to just Morgan, cause I think it sounds more badass.

At least Triple A makes sense! Like a AAA developer, top of the line! Triple H almost sounds like a triple dose of Heroin, but we all know that's what watching a main event Hunter match feels like anyway! :rolleyes:

Yeahh I guess so :p

Paul Huntington - Calvin Berkeley

Frantic Ali - Elijah Banks

Ernest Youngman - Ernest Asher

High Flyin Hawaiian - Jamie Aloma

Davis Wayne Newton - Weston Reece

Ant-Man - Johnny Silverstone / Stoney Silver(Rocky Golden rip-off after he left)

Hell's Bouncer - Damian (might've stolen this one)

KC Glenn - Kevin Crist

At least Triple A makes sense! Like a AAA developer, top of the line! Triple H almost sounds like a triple dose of Heroin, but we all know that's what watching a main event Hunter match feels like anyway! :rolleyes:

“Wolf Hawkins, prepare to be the next victim of some Triple A Battery”

I'll often use the Suggest Name function to give guys lame WWE names. Although I thought Matthew Keith becoming Wesley Thatcher in a TEW'10 game was an improvement.

Name changes come with repackaging for me.

Grease Hogg - Greaser

Mimic - Torque

Lead Belly - Dirty Dice Elderberry

Bobby Thomas - Bob Thomas, Robert Thomas, Bobert Thomas, Robbie Tomahawk

Kip Keenan - The Great Trickerion (looks like a magician to me)

Whippy The Clown - Wesley Priest

Sammy Bach - Soothsayer / Samael Bach

KC Glenn - Boggy Glenn

Deaf Touch - DT Rush

Diablo Duvak - Diablo DeVille

I also love any storyline than involves someone being forced to change their name. Dragon Gate had some cool ones.

Repackaged Mercy Michaels as Rattler and teamed him with Cobra as Slitherskin

Repackaged Seth Whitehead and Marcel LeFleur as Pride and Envy and later created the whole stable of Sins with Alina America as Lust, Stanley Axis as Sloth, Brimstone as Wrath, Darkness Cat as Greed, and Jonah Pilgrim as Gluttony.

Repackaged Catalina Vasquez as Moonlight and Sandra Shine as Starlight and teamed them as Celestial Bodies.

Repackaged Xavi Ferrera as Alpha Wolfe to feud with my user character Lobo and then team them as The Pack.

Marty as Redcap and Miguel Rivera as Goeblin and teamed as The Unseelie Court.

Repackaged Gidayu Katou as Susanoo and JOJI as Tsukuyom and made them the team Gods of Nippon.

Rapackage Taylor Kidd as Jolly Roger to team with Faith McGhee who I repackaged as Stormy Waters in a pirate themed team.

Yeah I just repackage everyone to get the characters I want.

Squeeky McClean = John McClean (not very creative but it helps him not be typecast)

KC Glenn = Heli Kairos (the Cverse 2018 mod has a render that makes this name make more sense - his moniker is"The Greek Freak" Heil Kairos).

Ernest Youngman = Hunter Young (can't do Ernest)

Matthew Keith = Matthew Keith-Gauge (wrestling royalty) then MKG.

The Amazing Bumfholes = Amazing Grace (Shannon & Evan)

Nelson Callum = Krippler Kallum then later Kallum

Greg Gauge = Ed Lethal

Champagne Lover = too many to mention, some include Seth Reigns, Antonio Rios, Romeo Rios, Del Rios

Mainstream Hernandez = Lance Joy (first a Jimmy Fallon styled entertainer then he saw the light and became the leader of the "House of Joy")

Hell's Bouncer = Mick Mars

Steve Frehley & Des Davids = Axel Rage (different saves) or Axel Creed

Brandon James = Logan Wolfe

Wolf Hawkins - Seth Hawkins, Sage Hawkins, anything so I could use the word "Wolf" in a name later.

Brandon James or Brandon Smith - Brandon Bane

Rick Law - Mike Angel

Hell Monkey = Luke Ferale (no mask, still a wild fighting style)

Steven Parker = Parker Stevens

Kirk Jamison = Lumis (throw two parts Elias and one part swashbuckler or medieval bard).

Spencer Spade - Sebastian Shaw (I wanted to use the name Spade later)

Fro Sure - Jay "Fro" Shure

Mutant - Queen T

Killer Shark - Wade White (bodyguard gimmick)