C-Verse 2005 (RELEASE)

Small little thing, but I would probably set SWF Wrestling University to a performance center instead of a dojo. I mean it does cost more money, but since it was revamped in 2004 (and in '20 it doesn't say they did much more than that) I think it would make sense. Again not a huge thing but something I noticed.

That would be an interesting narrative request (best after release, when things quiet down), so modders can program it somewhere down the line. I doubt AI companies do it themselves, or use any investments for that matter (though that would be awesome).

As for the personality switches: out of curiosity (if you know them from the top of your head), were there any 'big' C-verse characters that switched from 2005? Marc Dubois?

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I just have been looking through SWF and setting up some stuff to be able to start a playthrough. The one thing I noticed while I do think the Attitude Era product works for them, the big issue with that product is that it requires an eye candy match, which I guess you could technically do with guys, but it really is made for females, and SWF does not have a female division. I can always turn match aims off but I just wanted to let you know.

So I just have been looking through SWF and setting up some stuff to be able to start a playthrough. The one thing I noticed while I do think the Attitude Era product works for them, the big issue with that product is that it requires an eye candy match, which I guess you could technically do with guys, but it really is made for females, and SWF does not have a female division. I can always turn match aims off but I just wanted to let you know.

Hmmm... I'll stew on that for awhile.

Have you actually tested it out on a show to make sure the penalty applies? Either way, I'd put that in the tech support forum because either it's applying a penalty it shouldn't or showing a penalty that doesn't apply.

I think the AI is immune to any penalties, or otherwise a lot of ratings would've bombed by now, so it's fine. :p

I know for a face the repetitive booking penalty doesn't apply, as we've seen plenty of that and it seemed the matches actually got better instead of worse.

<p>A couple more (very early) observations:</p><p>

- Some products don't seem to reflect TEW05-products. SWF has been named, but NOTBPW, as an example should also use a product that's a little more forgiving for using gimmicks</p><p>

- the match file is written in a way that every new match booked defaults to an eight men tag (because it's sorted alphabetically)</p><p>

- personalities seem a bit off, I don't remember Dan Stone Jr as being an egomaniac, but I also remember Jeremy Stone as somewhat of a jerk, rather than Mr. Professional</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="awesomenessofme1" data-cite="awesomenessofme1" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49248" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Have you actually tested it out on a show to make sure the penalty applies? Either way, I'd put that in the tech support forum because either it's applying a penalty it shouldn't or showing a penalty that doesn't apply.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's not a bug or anything because Attitude Sports Entertainment has an eye candy match aim requirement.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Dross" data-cite="Dross" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49248" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>A couple more (very early) observations:<p> - Some products don't seem to reflect TEW05-products. SWF has been named, but NOTBPW, as an example should also use a product that's a little more forgiving for using gimmicks</p><p> - the match file is written in a way that every new match booked defaults to an eight men tag (because it's sorted alphabetically)</p><p> - personalities seem a bit off, I don't remember Dan Stone Jr as being an egomaniac, but I also remember Jeremy Stone as somewhat of a jerk, rather than Mr. Professional</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Most people in 05 had the generic normal personality and behavior. In order for the sliders to have any use, most people got random (or based off their profile) personalities. For everyone that is debuted, I compared to their 2020 personalities and made light changes if I thought it would be better. Most are as they are this year.</p><p> </p><p> The match file is one I wrote. I'll add (1 v 1) before singles so it defaults to that in the future.</p><p> </p><p> The products are matched best I could see to the products in game. As there are no custom products, I have to use what seemed closest. NOTBPW is as Wrestling As A Sport as there is. The long running joke is that they are the soulless A* wrestling machine, you want gimmicks? Head west to CGC. Hahahaha</p>

<p>Very excited to give this a test spin! Before I start my save though, I'm adding a bunch of real-life wrestling venues in the locations just because that's something I personally wanna play with. But once I'm done with that, I can actually see how things go.</p><p> </p><p>

To I have it correct that yet to debut guys were just set to zeros or something but they'll still debut at their proper dates, just with no stats?</p><p> </p><p>

If so, I might look into try that mass de-aging strategy and setting pop everywhere to 0 to make the easiest work-around. I mean if they haven't debuted, they don't NEED popularity. They just need regressed skills.</p><p> </p><p>

I do wish the filter was more advanced so you could do something like filter by exact debut year and do a year-by-year scan of people to make sure you're editing people in sensible debut years or something... but that hopefully won't be necessary</p>

<p>Everyone debuts with the stats in the game they were set to debut in. So all the future workers from 07 or 08 have the stats they would be set to debut with then. And so on and so forth. Popularity should have been brought down so no one is a mega star immediately, but you never know if we missed someone.</p><p> </p><p>

I just had a thought about doing attributes for yet to debut people much more quickly. I've been popping in throughout the day and I'm not done with the As, yet.</p><p> </p><p>

Edit: Well, the UID of the wrestlers are different from the default database to the 2005 database. I was hoping I could just do a quick and easy copy and paste, but that's not going to work. I'll have to reconcile the two databases before I can do that.</p><p> </p><p>

The way I look at it, people who debut in say 2014 or later should probably have the same attributes as the default database (there might be a few exceptions here or there), so hopefully I can just copy and paste those and have a much smaller pool to work on. Fingers crossed!</p><p> </p><p>

Edit 2: Yeah, nevermind...</p><p> </p><p>

Edit 3: Well, that would have been awesome if I could have easily copied and pasted some attributes, but that isn't happening. It'd still be 10000 entries by hand. Wah wah.</p>

The game starts in December, when you change it to be able to start the trial.. it gives like 200 errors. Am I missing something?

Yup, move it from December 2005 to January 2006 in order to play during the demo.

Finished the Cs, 248/1322 complete.

Another 76 down, finished the Ds.

59 more, the Es are complete.

I did realize that anyone who was added into the database, but had employment prior to 2020 will have to be rolled back a bit. That shouldn't be too difficult or time consuming, though.

Working through the Fs.

The Fs are done. 38 more down.

421/1321 (Yes, the denominator changed because of some retconnning I noticed.)

44 more, Gs are done.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ShibataHeadbutt" data-cite="ShibataHeadbutt" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49248" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>really silly question but i have no clue how to download this, how do i convert a rar file, sorry i am so out of date with computers hahaha <p> </p><p> cheers in advance</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Winrar is a file compression program. Should be able to grab it from winrar.com, but Google is your safest bet to find the most legit site.</p><p> </p><p> Then you just right click -> extract, then follow the instructions for installing a database on the top of this forum.</p>