C-Verse 2005 (RELEASE)

I've been playing with the data trying to get the original 5 INSPIRE guys all there but it appears Raul Hughesis just too popular. I made him/Watson only active in Japan and gave all 5 starting bad morale which worked for everyone but Hughes. I gave Marat a friendship to Kikkawa (he personally recruited him per the CVerse website) and he actually signed him up despite zero popularity in Japan.

Awesome Thunder always takes it over but I've noticed his booker age in 05 is 35, but for the default data it's 42. He's 40 in game so this is actually a fairly important part to this. Changed his booking age to match the default and upped Iesada's reputation to 60 (this didnt help at all but still).

I've noticed that loyalty isn't set for anyone in Japan, which is probably why the inspire roster ends up basically being full of PGHW/GCG workers. I would suggest loyalty and exclusive handshake deals for PGHW guys. Truthfully it'll never be perfect, so the Wrestling Spirit variation that includes the historical shakeups is something I'm anticipating heavily.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, starting as QPW, I get wreck by NOTPW and CGC at the start, they signed everything living in Canada 😂

I love and hate that lol.. its a nice challenge but sucks.

Btw I figured it out, my roster was lacking the kinda vets with pop needed to put over some younger stars and help establish them more. Makes me increased to 56 every week now due to Bruce... & Larry Vessey being dropped out of the blue..

I botched the Tournament Titles again. Luckily, they can be set in the game editor and will be fixed in the next release.

Rip Chord Invitational Challenge should be defended at MAW The Rip Chord Invitational.

PGHW Elite Series should be defended at the PGHW Night of PRIDE

PGHW Elite Tag Team Series should be defended at PGHW Night of Courage

NOTBPW Ed Henson Memorial Tag Team Cup should be defended at... NOTBPW Ed Henson Memorial Tag Team Cup

SAISHO's two A-1 Grand Prix should be defended at their respective events.

I think I'm going to alter the WeView broadcaster again and give it tiers. Even viewership at Very Small is a little broken. I turned a crappy company running 4 shows a month profitable in 3 months with it. The AI hasn't been smart enough to do it in this save, but I have seen them in others.

It seems that you made some broadcaster mistakes in 2.03. A bunch of broadcasters look like they have minimum popularity and number of regions flipped, resulting in things like Southeast Sports asking for a popularity of 1 in thirty different regions.

Ahhhhh crap... I even did these in the editor. I'll fix them and put out a new update. Luckily, this can be fixed in game. I will make a list for anyone who has already started a save.

Midwest Sports, South East Sports, Pacific Sports, and Tri State Sports should all be min pop 30 in 1 region.

NBI Sports should be min pop 30 in 2 regions.

FCI Sports West, Central, and North should be 23 pop in 1 region.

Charm Prime, Karano Go, Variety Nippon, and Nippon Channel should be 55 pop in 4 Regions.

Vulpix Japan should be 50 pop in 3 regions.

A cursory glance says that's all that is wrong, so that's good. Right? Sorry for the mistakes, but thank you for finding them! Hopefully they will all be things that can be fixed in the in-game editor.

Midwest Sports, South East Sports, Pacific Sports, and Tri State Sports should all be min pop 30 in 1 region.

NBI Sports should be min pop 30 in 2 regions.

FCI Sports West, Central, and North should be 23 pop in 1 region.

Charm Prime, Karano Go, Variety Nippon, and Nippon Channel should be 55 pop in 4 Regions.

Vulpix Japan should be 50 pop in 3 regions.

A cursory glance says that's all that is wrong, so that's good. Right? Sorry for the mistakes, but thank you for finding them! Hopefully they will all be things that can be fixed in the in-game editor.

They each trigger a warning when you try to start a new game, so they're caught and corrected in my copy of the database. I just wanted to be sure you were aware prior to your next release!

I think there are still major balance issues. Many people, like whistler as i mentioned in earlier post still have uniform high popularity despite never being in a company that they could achieve that in. Companies are still losing tons of money each month and losing TV deals. Other things are just a little weird - like how could DAVE be so popular when they don't even run shows or have TV deals in many areas they are very popular in.

My thoughts on DAVE's popularity is through wrestling fans. They have a way, even in 2005, to find out about wrestling. They are more popular in their home region than anywhere else, but there's been a big buzz about them for a few years, which I would equate to the spillover popularity that they have. They will lose their TV deal after awhile and unless the wrestling industry and economy are both good, they will go out of business trying to compete with SWF and TCW (and NOTBPW and CGC for that matter).

The only companies that I consistently see having a ton of problems are ROF, MOSC, 5SSW, and the Oceania companies (because I set it up that way on purpose). I think the British companies are in trouble because the scene is still pretty poor in 2005, it's not until the National School starts graduating people that it gets better. UCR always does great in my saves, which takes a lot of the better British people away.

Whistler has history in the South East and Tri State regions. He's been wrestling in the C-Verse for 26 years at the beginning of the data. Why is he popular everywhere in the US? Because the data needs people at certain levels of popularity or you end up getting stuck (at least that's how it's been whenever I've played). I think Whistler fits the bill as someone who could be at that level. He's been on the indies all around the country for years, as well, so he could be quite known. I also wanted there to be options for USPW to be able to hire, as they will lose their best guys very quickly to Canada and the Big 3.

You could say the same thing about guys like Human Arsenal or Captain USA. The old guys aren't going to progress any further and having them with a lower popularity would kind of make them useless. If popularity is too low, the AI won't pick them up, even if they'd be a good fit otherwise, which I'm sure becomes a problem with new debuts, because unless there was a good reason why not to do it, come in with 5 pop in their home area, because why would anyone know about a brand new rookie, right?

I thought about going through and not doing the same popularity through their respective areas, like giving them their home area with popularity, but no one really has a home area set, because that was even more to deal with (though I thought about it). But then I came to the conclusion that doing so would pigeonhole the game into doing the same thing every time. The data wasn't originally created with that in mind and each area would need a lot more workers in order to make that feasible.

As I was writing this, I started taking a peak into CVerse 2020 data and I do see a lot more regional popularity in the very low popularity people. So if the game works better with it, I may go through and alter popularity once again. I'll also have to set home areas for everyone in order to make my life slightly easier. And I have to fix experience...

I'll see what I can do...

Due to the worker attributes that were worked on in this mod, this is my favorite mod out of all of them.

That said there is one minor issue that I keep seeing when i start a new game which is that TCW and SWF still have trouble with their television show deals. From what i've seen, SWF tends to switch the time slot to save Supreme TV and TCW sometimes switched the time slot but other times just loses the TV deal. Not sure if you want to address this but its something that i personally found necessary to modify in my database by switching them to different broadcasters.

Due to the worker attributes that were worked on in this mod, this is my favorite mod out of all of them.

That said there is one minor issue that I keep seeing when i start a new game which is that TCW and SWF still have trouble with their television show deals. From what i've seen, SWF tends to switch the time slot to save Supreme TV and TCW sometimes switched the time slot but other times just loses the TV deal. Not sure if you want to address this but its something that i personally found necessary to modify in my database by switching them to different broadcasters.

That's been a problem for me, too. That's why I added a whole crap load of broadcasters, in hopes to alleviate this problem. I don't want to alter the existing broadcasters in a way that destroys what they were meant to be.

Thanks so much for this Mod. This is my favorite period of the Cornellverse.

Thanks! Me too.

Is it intentional that 5SSW does monthly shows instead of touring? Can't recall this ever being the case in TEW, but I might be wrong.[/Quote]

TEW 2005 didn't have a schedule for 5SSW. I've been having trouble with them staying solvent no matter what kind of schedule I give them, so I went with monthly, which I'm pretty sure I took from 2016.

I'm working on some fixes. They won't make everyone happy, but hopefully they'll make for a better database.

Just in case anyone wants an update. Everyone has been set to a home area. There may be some discrepancies here and there, but most of it should be close to canon.

I am handtweaking everyone's popularity. Right now, low level wrestlers will have popularity in their home area and perhaps some spillover. The longer someone has wrestled, the more areas they'll have popularity in.

I've done the US, Canada, Mexico, British Isles, and Japan. I'm starting Europe and then finishing with Oceania and India. This should be done by the end of the day.

Then I have to go through and level popularity of people who are hired. I'll figure out where they should be on the card and then alter things appropriately.

I did a formula with regards to experience, but I need to go through and factor for people who have been employed regularly. The next release, you will probably get dinged if you have a card full of rookies.

I have noticed a few workers with silly high top row skills, like I'm looking at Bigger Dan Ewe right now and he has 63-81 Brawling and 78-96 Hardcore. That can't be right. I just used a formula to decrease top row stats by a certain percentage, so I didn't handtweak that for everyone.

There are some booboos in job history that probably came about because I was careless. I'll try to fix those and make sure everyone is set up correctly. I'm also going to fix flavor text for Japanese referees, because they can't all be top referees. Hahahha.

Then we'll see what else I need to fix.

If anyone who enjoys this mod and also enjoys making renders, if you want to help me out with a few people who are currently using Free Pictures, I'd appreciate it. I really don't want to reinstall all the DAZ content I have somewhere and reteach myself the program. If not, I'll do it at some point.

Then I still have to set tours appropriately in Japan, which I want to try something different that I was reading on the main discussion board.

Once I get this where I want it, I'll fast forward it to the WreSpi release, which should also be entertaining. All the glitches will be worked out here, which should make that database much easier to create. *fingers crossed*

As always, keep any oddities you might find coming. I'm not perfect and I keep switching tables around in the database and breaking things, so more eyes are welcome.