I really like Leather, i've been playing it for a bit. I may base any possible Boxing game for Grey Dog I may make on that design.

If I do tackle one, what features would you guys like to see? What games should I be looking at?

Hey Derek,

Cool to see you still poking around asking questions about this. I would say Title Bout Championship Boxing 2.5 is probably the best bet. World Boxing Manager on steam as well has some nice little features, but I would say TBCB 2.5 would be the best resource.

As somebody who near plays WMMA5 daily, it would be really cool to see the boxing system brought over to an engine & interface similar to that. Obviously there might be some big differences.

I really like Leather, i've been playing it for a bit. I may base any possible Boxing game for Grey Dog I may make on that design.

If I do tackle one, what features would you guys like to see? What games should I be looking at?

If its a boxing game it should be similiar to WMMA but of course theres a ton of different things because boxing and MMA are different. Would be very nice to be an company managing fighters and purse bids/title unifications. Also looking around the game world and seeing it evolve.

• Like 1

I checked out Title Bout, and it has some good points for sure. The Boxing engine itself is very solid and has a nice realistic flow to it.

The lack of any career or long-term season modes is very glaring though, what a waste. It seems to be mostly a historical simming type thing.

I think I have a number of ideas I could use, for sure.

I checked out Title Bout, and it has some good points for sure. The Boxing engine itself is very solid and has a nice realistic flow to it.

The lack of any career or long-term season modes is very glaring though, what a waste. It seems to be mostly a historical simming type thing.

I think I have a number of ideas I could use, for sure.

Would be cool to have a SIM game and the ability to do a solo career lol

• 2 weeks later...
No doubt, yes. I'm shocked a true career boxing sim hasn't been released already. That may be about to change. :)

Wow... it's been a long time since I've seen a developer have this kind of enthusiasm about a boxing sim. I wonder if you reached out to the Title Bout guys if you could partner on that project. It'd obviously be cool to see what you come up with on your own, but in my opinion that game already has the perfect foundation. Unfortunately, it's been stuck in limbo forever because it seems they don't have the manpower or time to develop the game any further. Maybe you can be the one to change that?

EDIT: I've been waiting literal years for Title Bout to release their new game... I honestly just thought a new boxing sim would never come at this point

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Judoku1819" data-cite="Judoku1819" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49295" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Wow... it's been a long time since I've seen a developer have this kind of enthusiasm about a boxing sim. I wonder if you reached out to the Title Bout guys if you could partner on that project.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I used to watch boxing with my father, who adored it, very regularly. Guys like Sugar Ray Leonard, Marvin Hagler and Ray Mancini were my era.</p><p> </p><p> I did actually reach out to the Title Bout company a few weeks ago when I considered this project, because I actually did like the match engine on the game. Have not heard back, so I can assume they're done with it, or don't monitor their email much anymore.</p><p> </p><p> I have the name and the first two screens setup and done already, so i'm definitely making decent progress. The game's basic design is mostly mocked up too (you'll be able to hire boxers, up to 3 initially, and a trainer and a corner man as well).</p>

Probably the latter honestly. They usually only pop into the related forums once every 6 months to remind everyone that no progress has been made. Primarily, I think the game had an extremely detailed and accurate boxing engine, which would be the most valuable part of being able to use that data.

Regardless, it sounds like you've already gotten started on something and that's super exciting to here. Also glad to know you're coming from a background of watching boxing. The more knowledge of the sport, the better!

• 2 weeks later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Sabu" data-cite="Sabu" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49295" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Would this game be promotion based like WMMA/TEE or more character based like Wrestling Spirit</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It'll be its own thing, but probably more character based if I had to choose one. I favor that style more in general.</p>

I don't write that much in forums usually. Been following greydogsoftware since the beginning, cause I really loved the text based sims they've done. I'am a big fan of fight sports ( MMA, Wrestling, Boxing) I've played all of the boxing sims or games that had come out and Leather or world boxing manager on steam are really the best 2 games right now. So if you make a game that is similar or better than those 2, I will be your first buyer for sure...

If anyone wants to buy TBCB, make sure you buy version 2.5. The "latest" version, 2013, was made by the guy who now owns the TBCB franchise. Version 2013 is a disaster.

TBCB 2.5 is quite fun. I play it even now, and I recommend it highly. The game is "dead," but there is a nice group of guys on the forum who regularly rate fighters. They are serious boxing fans, and the game can be used to recreate historic bouts and even predict current bouts. You can also easily create fictional fighters and run your own universe, with your own rules, thereby bypassing all the silly alphabet organizations.

If you use your imagination a little, TBCB 2.5 is flexible enough to be really, really fun.

If anyone wants to buy TBCB, make sure you buy version 2.5. The "latest" version, 2013, was made by the guy who now owns the TBCB franchise. Version 2013 is a disaster.

TBCB 2.5 is quite fun. I play it even now, and I recommend it highly. The game is "dead," but there is a nice group of guys on the forum who regularly rate fighters. They are serious boxing fans, and the game can be used to recreate historic bouts and even predict current bouts. You can also easily create fictional fighters and run your own universe, with your own rules, thereby bypassing all the silly alphabet organizations.

If you use your imagination a little, TBCB 2.5 is flexible enough to be really, really fun.

Yeah. The OOTP guys did 2.5. It really is fun as a pure simulation. If it had some semblance of a career/manager mode it'd be the perfect sim game.

• 2 weeks later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="punishedslade" data-cite="punishedslade" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49295" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Where can I buy 2.5 from?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think it isn't directly for sale any longer, as far as I know. The 2013 (1.4) version is for sale elsewhere.</p>

ah ok, thanks for that! I will check out 2013 as well then. Oh and if we are doing suggestions, there is a web game called eboxingpromoter that does a great job of being a boxing sim.

I strongly suggest that you go to the OOTP forum, scroll down to the bottom, and look through the Title Bout Championship Boxing section. Read what people who bought TBCB 2013 have said about it. I bought it, and it was money wasted.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Antonin" data-cite="Antonin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49295" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I strongly suggest that you go to the OOTP forum, scroll down to the bottom, and look through the Title Bout Championship Boxing section. Read what people who bought TBCB 2013 have said about it. I bought it, and it was money wasted.</div></blockquote><p> I actually have been doing that today and wow. People really don't like it and I can see why!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="punishedslade" data-cite="punishedslade" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49295" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I actually have been doing that today and wow. People really don't like it and I can see why!</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Hmm, lots of bugs/crashes/unplayable states, it appears, with 2013 (1.4). A shame. </p><p> </p><p> Not afraid of that myself, as my releases have always been pretty solid and stable for the most part with Grey Dog.</p>