<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Champman0102" data-cite="Champman0102" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49295" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yeah I would have preferred to take the role of promoter not as a coach, you know, run an org like Golden Boy and make whole fight events, negotiate with other companies like Top Rank for example.<p> Maybe that can be added at a later date?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It could be added possibly, yes. Maybe have a choice of roles for a specific game at startup offered or something along those lines.</p>

I would rather have the "coach" approach than the "promoter" approach, as we've done that by now with TEW/WMMA. I love it, obviously, but something fresh would be nice. I've found a MMA game on Steam that uses this angle, but found it lacking in depth (especially after playing WMMA for years...). Personally I'd choose between developing one of the two approaches, or you'll risk getting two half-based modes...

The reason I prefer this model is that, because of the limited amount of stats, the promoter role would be very random. You just match boxers and hope that the bouts turn out exciting? There's not much gameplay there outside of selection, which is also a factor in being a "coach". Even more so in fact. Plus you get to "know" the fighter you're training and there could be a (hidden?) chemistry value that you could explore through talking with them. 8 stats seems kinda low, but then again, I played Promotion Wars for hours back in the day (which had a grand total of 1 stat) so yeah... :p

Don't care about boxing, but I am open to any sports management games as long as it isn't too shallow.

I would rather have the "coach" approach than the "promoter" approach, as we've done that by now with TEW/WMMA.

That was my immediate thought. Adam's games already do that aspect so well, nothing I could do would make it different enough. My feeling was the manager/coach aspect of Boxing with career/aging hasn't really been done, and I could do it justice, I think.

That was my immediate thought. Adam's games already do that aspect so well, nothing I could do would make it different enough. My feeling was the manager/coach aspect of Boxing with career/aging hasn't really been done, and I could do it justice, I think.

Id just like to add my part. As someone who has looked for a great boxing management game for years. There is a massive market out there surely with the numbers in boxing.

Its a MUST to have the role of promoter. Maybe even one where you can train, promote or both. But the promoting aspect of boxing is by far the biggest part now.

Id just like to add my part. As someone who has looked for a great boxing management game for years. There is a massive market out there surely with the numbers in boxing.

Its a MUST to have the role of promoter. Maybe even one where you can train, promote or both. But the promoting aspect of boxing is by far the biggest part now.

Agreed. A lot of the talk is about how people should be matched throughout their careers etc. I think a lot of this is also probably down to the social media element, especially in the UK with the promoters now doing interviews with youtube channels such as iFL / Boxing Social. They are using these channels to promote their fights, but they are also giving a far greater insight into the world of boxing and its promoters.

Anyway you can also go on steam there is a game world boxing championship manager WCBM its 5 dollar game it is quite good

The designer may be interested to cooperate he has always started a desire to start a second part of him game.

It has a good base.

World Boxing Manager really is good, but the dev is still working on "On the Western Front" so I doubt he'll be getting back into boxing soon. He's one of my favorite solo devs, doesn't seem like a great programmer yet comes up with these ambitious ideas and completes them, bug free, using sheer determination. I think he's been working on Western Front for over 2 years now. I doubt he makes much money doing game development, but he deserves to. I hope there's a hit in his future.

By the way, WCBM is different and I don't think that's what you all mean. World Championship Boxing Manager is a game from the early 90's which has been adapted somehow to run on Steam. It's also a $5 boxing game on Steam so I don't want people to mix the two up. World Boxing Manager is where it's at.

I'll second that Leather is an excellent mobile title. I've dropped quite a few hours into that.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with, Derek. I agree that it's tough to add the role of promoter, unless the deal is that you're managing a venue or something. Boxing is just too different, with fighters competing for different organizations at once, and the fact that you don't really sign or develop boxers if you're running an org. Gym owner/Coach seems like the only way to go IMO.

As someone who's played the TEW and WMMA games a lot, as well as TBCB for my boxing fill, I'd love to see a promoting/booking system in the game. Yes, boxing is very complex in how it operates promotion and booking but I think that's exactly what would separate the system from something like WMMA.

However, I agree with the sentiment that Derek shouldn't split his focus at the moment. I think it's smart to make the initial release an in depth coach/trainer type game. You can then use that foundation to expand into adding another game mode as expansion or a second iteration of the game when you feel the initial concept has been perfected.

I think most of us are just happy to give a new boxing game a try.

Saw this thread and wanted to mention the idea (or I guess the concept) of a Boxing promoter mode. I havent heard or seen any that do the promoting. All I've seen or played have been managing. Unless I missed another game like this I'd like to see that become a game at some point.

That or like some sort of thing where you run a boxing council, like one of the current bodies right now.

But yeah I agree with the idea to just do training mode for now if solely one thing is what the game should be focused on currently

• 2 weeks later...

boxing game on steam

Rather than just a fight simulator like the MMA games I'd love if GDS did a boxing manager game where you not only simulate fights but train up fighters in your own gym as well. There's a game like that on Steam that's super indie, but it does have its charm. GDS could basically take that concept except make it an actual good game

whats it called

• 2 weeks later...
Any update on progress Derek? Very excited about this project!!

I did take a holiday break on the project, but before that I did implement a new slick, polished yet slightly 'old-school' feeling UI for the game that is really turning out nicely. The Boxer, Corner Man and Trainer stat generation is finished and working well, and you can actually select your crew in-game.

Game options selection is in and working as well. You can set Injuries on or off, Standing 8 Count on or off, Head Butt incidents on or off, 3 Knockdown Rule on or off, etc. for any type of game era ruleset you want.

More to come a bit later!

• 2 weeks later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="fredreed2000" data-cite="fredreed2000" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49295" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>There's a new developer who is now working on title bout boxing. Supposedly the developer is working on a new title bout boxing that includes a career mode but the dev hasn't posted any updates on this. I believe that version 2.5 is the last version that has been released to date.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Where did you hear this pal?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Rob1878" data-cite="Rob1878" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49295" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Where did you hear this pal?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I heard it too but I thought it was announced like 2 years ago lol. At this point it could be anyday, or never. Sucks because they made the BEST boxing sim imo. Leather is really damn good but you need a matchmaking mode or its just another boxing coaching game. (which isnt a horrible thing just not great either).</p>

I heard it too but I thought it was announced like 2 years ago lol. At this point it could be anyday, or never. Sucks because they made the BEST boxing sim imo. Leather is really damn good but you need a matchmaking mode or its just another boxing coaching game. (which isnt a horrible thing just not great either).

Yeah I think this news is from years ago and not something recent.

• 2 weeks later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Derek DiBenedetto" data-cite="Derek DiBenedetto" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49295" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I did take a holiday break on the project, but before that I did implement a new slick, polished yet slightly 'old-school' feeling UI for the game that is really turning out nicely. The Boxer, Corner Man and Trainer stat generation is finished and working well, and you can actually select your crew in-game.<p> </p><p> Game options selection is in and working as well. You can set Injuries on or off, Standing 8 Count on or off, Head Butt incidents on or off, 3 Knockdown Rule on or off, etc. for any type of game era ruleset you want.</p><p> </p><p> More to come a bit later!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Depending on the ability to mod and the premise of the game I might come out of retirement and make at least one Modern Warriors mod for this. I love boxing.</p>

• 3 weeks later...