I could use some tips on hiring? I never know what to really look for. I usually just hire or try to hire everyone I know… but then my roster just gets to big and it’s hard to handle…

Well, a lot of times, I'll go into the in-game editor and check out the Hiring Rules, the guidelines that the AI uses when hiring people.

Next, look at the product. For a company like QAW, you're going to want to focus primarily on women who have the potential for high-flying as well as entertainment.

For a hardcore company, you'll want to look at skills like Brawling and Hardcore, as well as Safety (if you're going have guys wallop each other in the head with steel chairs, you want to make sure they're not going to seriously injure each other in the process!).

Finally, I try to suss out a general theme, and try to hire people who wouldn't fit out of place in the roster, or fill in thematic gaps. For instance, GSW takes a lot of cues from rap music, so you can hire more guys that fit that theme, OR as a contrast, you could hire a guy who's a racist, redneck country "star" to show these fellas what "real American music" sounds like to heel it up. (Even if GSW doesn't use faces and heels per se, a guy like that would be a good antagonist for pretty much anyone on the roster.)

It depends what company. But I tend to book sports entertainment feds so always checking that star quality and charisma. Regardless of in ring stats I know I can push them a decent way.

I try and trim my roster down to a smallish size to keep it manageable. I’ve fallen into the trap of having a roster of 100 guys I want to push. Only issue then is you’ve got no one to take the losses. So what I do is sign my “jobbers to the stars”. These are guys I’ll bring in for 3 month contract with the soul purpose of losing. These guys need to have decent in ring stats as if I am trusting the young up and comers with them I want my future stars to at least possibly learn some in ring skills. Most of the time these jobbers aren’t around long enough to get too annoyed by being cannon fodder. The other good thing is the contract is so short it keeps the roster fresh. But also if I take a shine to any of them in those three months then they get a longer deal. It means I can focus on my golden boys and not have to agonising of bury someone who I like or worse yet 50/50 booking them all meaning none of them really ever get a proper push.

I mainly book entertainment focused products and my rosters are usually massive. But there's a method to my madness.

My focus is always on talent development so I tend to hire lots of rookies/young workers and lots of veterans. Those who know can teach those who don't (or merely think they know). I stay far away from most negative personalities (there will be no JBLs in my locker room) and load up on positive personas, though I do make exceptions for the exceptional (Ruby Reece, for example). Everyone on the roster will get to 'star' level eventually, it's just a matter of when. My roster is typically very large because I love tag team wrestling so there's always a tag team division and rarely will people in that division work singles matches (unless it's to further a tag team storyline). So if I have 20 teams at various card levels (Major Star to Unimportant), that's 40 bodies right there.

I look for veterans who have in the region of 60+ in a particular area to work as my trainers. Mio Takasu with her 60 brawling, for example, will get pushed to near the top of the card fairly quickly (well known if not 'star'). Pamela Rojo with 58 brawling and technical as well. Purple Viper's 68 aerial and mid-70s flashiness goes up there too. Cross-pollination means that even with drip-fed skill increases, the young workers are improving by being in the ring with more talented vets AND given the number of managers I also sign, everyone's getting improvements in their entertainment skills by the resulting angles.

• Like 1

I could use some tips on hiring? I never know what to really look for. I usually just hire or try to hire everyone I know… but then my roster just gets to big and it’s har -d to handle…

I tend to hire based off of need for angles. I like to have some guys on the roster that are there to be enhancement talent or there to be in the mix in the midcard while I see what sticks.

I tend to look for either:

Young talent with potential in an area -- whether that is in brawling, technical, aerial or entertainment/star quality.

I also look for veteran talents wth high experience and psychology that can really work with my young talent and help get them up to snuff.

So as a disclaimer, I usually start unemployed and run as an "insignificant" new company, so I'm more concerned with cheap quality than bringing in "stars"

My usual go-to is "Hidden Gems" in the Creative Meeting area.

I also go to a couple of the promotions that I want to mimic and hire guys at the bottom of their card, as well as some of their secondary title holders.

Lastly, I scout the local independent shows and hire guys that look promising.

Greatest suggestion I can make is this. Hire people based on what you'd like your company to be built around. Have like 5-10 major focal points. A few top tag teams. Then maybe a handful of young prospects that can lose for a good amount of time.

I try to not hire too many. It just becomes slow & I'm always feeling like I need to force everything in order to make it work if my roster is too thicc.

First look in your Product.

Is it 70-30 Performance to Popularity? If so, look for the performance attributes, Basics, Psychology. Word of warning that you can have amazing in-ring workers but if they don't have Star Quality or Charisma there is a cap on how high they can go in big companies.

Is it 70-30 Popularity to Performance? Hire straight up off of Star Quality and Charisma. If they are already popular in your area even better. Maybe avoid certain types of wrestlers like MMA Crossovers, etc. Usually your owner goals will have that anyway.

For the Products that give you both options you get to choose more whether you like the in-ring or the Entertainment as a hiring style. Always remember that Star Quality and Charisma are important once you reach Medium and above size for your Major Stars and Stars. They reach popularity caps and can't be big names without those 2 things.

Edit: Consistency can be a KILLER in smaller feds.

First look in your Product.

Is it 70-30 Performance to Popularity? If so, look for the performance attributes, Basics, Psychology. Word of warning that you can have amazing in-ring workers but if they don't have Star Quality or Charisma there is a cap on how high they can go in big companies.

Is it 70-30 Popularity to Performance? Hire straight up off of Star Quality and Charisma. If they are already popular in your area even better. Maybe avoid certain types of wrestlers like MMA Crossovers, etc. Usually your owner goals will have that anyway.

For the Products that give you both options you get to choose more whether you like the in-ring or the Entertainment as a hiring style. Always remember that Star Quality and Charisma are important once you reach Medium and above size for your Major Stars and Stars. They reach popularity caps and can't be big names without those 2 things.

Edit: Consistency can be a KILLER in smaller feds.

Where can I see these in product? I’m still trying to figure out 2020.

<p>I play as TCW</p><p> </p><p>

For younger workers I look for Star Quality and Charisma to see who's worth trying to send to developmental. I also make sure they don't appear to be hopeless in the ring and can develop into something there.</p><p> </p><p>

For more seasoned workers I make sure they're good in the ring and they're a good fit for my promotion. If they're 35 and can't work I'll ignore them. If they're 42 and are at 10 for popularity in the USA I likely wont get them. If there's no real spot I can see myself using them I won't bring them in, especially when I get my roster size up. That being said if they're over enough I'll make room for them.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="KingBDL" data-cite="KingBDL" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49407" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Where can I see these in product? I’m still trying to figure out 2020.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Click on 'Product' in your office screen or the bottom bar.</p>

<p>Don't hire everyone. I make have spots. If a guy goes down I fill his or her spot. Keeps the roster tight.</p><p> </p><p>

Also, release top talent into the world. Let other promotions have a run with them. </p><p> </p><p>

Make the game hard.</p>

<p>Depends what I need.</p><p> </p><p>

Do I need some enhancement talent? Young lions/older vets.</p><p>

Do I need a new top star and one is about to become available from a rival? Boom, targeted.</p><p>

Am I short on tag teams? I'll find some that fit.</p><p> </p><p>

Always try to fit what my promotion will need though. I won't hire a super heavyweight in ACPW for example.</p>

I’m trying my first ever Local to Global. And I’ve restarted a few times already because not sure where to start with the roster. But I think I might get 5 contenders for the world title, 5 tag teams and 5 women to start out with. Then I might hire the random people creative tells me about to build them up. Then I’d like to work towards a Cruiserweight division.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Briskout" data-cite="Briskout" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49407" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Depends what I need.<p> </p><p> Do I need some enhancement talent? Young lions/older vets.</p><p> Do I need a new top star and one is about to become available from a rival? Boom, targeted.</p><p> Am I short on tag teams? I'll find some that fit.</p><p> </p><p> Always try to fit what my promotion will need though. I won't hire a super heavyweight in ACPW for example.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This is usually what I do when I play an already made promotion like TNA.</p>

I start with who I can see myself actually pushing. If I can't see them being a champion on any level in my company than I probably won't sign them. That doesn't mean that everyone I sign will be a champion at some point but I tend to find if I can't see them as a champion I end up using them less.

Second I look at people who can help develop the young talent I want to get over. Especially in the mod I'm playing now. A lot of the young talent lacks psychology so I look to bring in veterans who aren't over and won't complain about losing to the young guys but have good enough skills to help the young workers. This often means looking at people from Japan and Mexico.

Take into consideration if you're going to do a brand split or not. I tend to have a big roster so having a brand split is great for that.

I try to keep managers to a minimum. Unless they serve a real purpose I don't tend to hire them anymore. So for example Kimberly Page doesn't have mic skills, she's basically just there for eye candy so I'm not going to use her. Tammy Sytch on the other hand has good entertainment skills and can be used for workers that don't so I'll hire her and use her in that role. I was trying to hire Chris Candido for obvious reasons but NJPW outbid me so I'm using her with Mark Jindrak while I'm building him up.

It really changes based on my company's size.

Right now, I'm running a 0 pop company (up to 5 at the end of March!) And with those I really, really like to hire guys with next to no pop that are unemployed. Then for the main event I'll take a midcard or lower guy from a company like MAW or NYCW.

For more regional size companies, I look for a few really talented guys that I feel won't be signed to exclusive contracts and build around them. I don't like having every indies main eventers on my roster because then it turns into a "who do I push if everyone deserves it" situation, so I fill my midcard out with guys that aren't as talented but have upsides in their own. Maybe they'll grow, maybe they're really charismatic like Zippy, or maybe they're just fun characters.

For big companies, I try to fill unique roles with my hires. It's a game and it's really just about the grades, but if I'm booking SWF and I already have SoVen, Scythe, and Hellion, I'm not looking to hire Hells Bouncer. I've already got three of them, so I want someone that will fill a more unique niche.