TCP's Big Announcement Part 4: THE BETA

Ooops double post. I am likely to release a second BETA this weekend to make it easier to keep track of what needs doing. I'll release sunday night and start a new thread for it's release. That a-1 pic is close to what I want, but not exactly, I would like a posed, looknig at camera pic. Preferably in his wrestling gear!

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=Rams]What is the point of adding them if they are all inactive, it's just a waste? toddthebod spent a lot of time adding in new workers for us to use. If you don't want them in your game then take ten minutes out of your day and make them inactive. Hell I'll take ten minutes out of my day and offer a MMA free version of it after release if TCP doesn't. Personally I'm excited about the MMA guys. I've become a big fan of the UFC recently and I will be adding some of these guys to my roster.[/QUOTE] I might be wrong, but I dont think anyone has said they dont want the MMA guys in the game. I think the point some of us are trying to make is that the MMA guys, for teh most part, aren't active wrestlers. So there for they'd be on hiatus or inactive. Like I've said I personally plan on doing a worked shoot fed, and also signing some of the guys and trying to build them up through training. So, I definetly want them in my game. I just dont think they should be active, much like The Rock. He might come back to wrestling, but he probably wont. Caol Uno might come to pro wrestling, but he probably wont.

[QUOTE=toddthebod]All of this has been decided, so lets end all of this talk and just focus on finding errors in the data. I myself will spend next week getting things fixed and ready for the big final release.[/QUOTE] Me too. I'll especially look over the non TNA/WWE areas which I assume everybody is doing because its the most popular and easily excessable to watch.

[QUOTE=Johnny Fenoli]I might be wrong, but I dont think anyone has said they dont want the MMA guys in the game. I think the point some of us are trying to make is that the MMA guys, for teh most part, aren't active wrestlers. So there for they'd be on hiatus or inactive. Like I've said I personally plan on doing a worked shoot fed, and also signing some of the guys and trying to build them up through training. So, I definetly want them in my game. I just dont think they should be active, much like The Rock. He might come back to wrestling, but he probably wont. Caol Uno might come to pro wrestling, but he probably wont.[/QUOTE] I completely understand your point. I'm not saying your wrong for wanting them inactive, it's the most realistic approach. To me though leaving them all inactive is [U]almost[/U] like leaving them out. Sure like the Rock you can add them back in which is great however why add all those guys if your just going to bring in a handful. That just bloats the data and that's something that I dislike about the other two Major real world mods. It just seems like a waste of Todd's time to do the data and have them all set as inactive (and it's pretty obvious he feels the same way). He spent the time to add in all these workers and the least we can do is respect his wishes concerning it. If it had a negative impact on the mod I'd have a different opinion but as it stands all we have to do is set them as inactive (or active depending on how this goes). As for my comments about producing a MMA free version what I should have said was MMA inactive version (error on my part). That way everyone wins.

[QUOTE=toddthebod]All of this has been decided, so lets end all of this talk and just focus on finding errors in the data. I myself will spend next week getting things fixed and ready for the big final release.[/QUOTE] Good deal. Looking forward to the release.

[QUOTE=Rams]I completely understand your point. I'm not saying your wrong for wanting them inactive, it's the most realistic approach. To me though leaving them all inactive is [U]almost[/U] like leaving them out. Sure like the Rock you can add them back in which is great however why add all those guys if your just going to bring in a handful. That just bloats the data and that's something that I dislike about the other two Major real world mods. It just seems like a waste of Todd's time to do the data and have them all set as inactive (and it's pretty obvious he feels the same way). He spent the time to add in all these workers and the least we can do is respect his wishes concerning it. If it had a negative impact on the mod I'd have a different opinion but as it stands all we have to do is set them as inactive (or active depending on how this goes). As for my comments about producing a MMA free version what I should have said was MMA inactive version (error on my part). That way everyone wins.[/QUOTE] I'm all cool with them being active, as long as they dont take over the feds. Which according to Todd they dont when he simmed. Again I can't wait to play the final data and take a Karam Gaber and train 'em up!

As long as MMA guys have low Mic and Acting, WWE probably won't touch them. Still, some of them need decent or even high Charisma because MMA guys [i]do[/i] have a way of getting crowds to care about them, so bigger MMA stars should have higher Charisma. I hope they aren't set to "On Hiatus", because while it may be realistic, as many have said, that'd make them pretty much useless. So I hope they're all "Active" (except for Rickson Gracie, who should probably be either "Semi-Active" or "Retired" but still be in the data). Anyway, on Mark Henry, I wouldn't give him more than 25 in Performance skills. He is one of the worst workers in the entire world! The guy has absolutely no idea how to pace a match, is sloppy in the ring, and only has a good match when paired with a great worker. All his "decent" matches were against the top-tier workers (Rey Mysterio, Kurt Angle, etc.), so he shouldn't get any credit for that. Oh, and TCP1, hold your tongue. There will be riots if Mark Henry is sent over to ECW. That fat piece of garbage would be an insult to the Bingo Hall.

[QUOTE=Anubis]As long as MMA guys have low Mic and Acting, WWE probably won't touch them. Still, some of them need decent or even high Charisma because MMA guys [i]do[/i] have a way of getting crowds to care about them, so bigger MMA stars should have higher Charisma. I hope they aren't set to "On Hiatus", because while it may be realistic, as many have said, that'd make them pretty much useless. So I hope they're all "Active" (except for Rickson Gracie, who should probably be either "Semi-Active" or "Retired" but still be in the data). Anyway, on Mark Henry, I wouldn't give him more than 25 in Performance skills. He is one of the worst workers in the entire world! The guy has absolutely no idea how to pace a match, is sloppy in the ring, and only has a good match when paired with a great worker. All his "decent" matches were against the top-tier workers (Rey Mysterio, Kurt Angle, etc.), so he shouldn't get any credit for that. Oh, and TCP1, hold your tongue. There will be riots if Mark Henry is sent over to ECW. That fat piece of garbage would be an insult to the Bingo Hall.[/QUOTE] You know it's too bad ECW's going to be preforming in front of the same wwe crowds that cheer Cena and all the other wwe bull ish. That really disappoints me as I felt a big part of ECW was it was a big family, the wrestlers and the crowds. Everyone there loved ECW wether it was heel or face for the most part ECW crowds loved you. The smaller arenas only helped build on that. Hope the WWE version of ECW does something to help get that back.

[QUOTE=Anubis]As long as MMA guys have low Mic and Acting, WWE probably won't touch them. Still, some of them need decent or even high Charisma because MMA guys [i]do[/i] have a way of getting crowds to care about them, so bigger MMA stars should have higher Charisma. I hope they aren't set to "On Hiatus", because while it may be realistic, as many have said, that'd make them pretty much useless. So I hope they're all "Active" (except for Rickson Gracie, who should probably be either "Semi-Active" or "Retired" but still be in the data). Anyway, on Mark Henry, I wouldn't give him more than 25 in Performance skills. He is one of the worst workers in the entire world! The guy has absolutely no idea how to pace a match, is sloppy in the ring, and only has a good match when paired with a great worker. All his "decent" matches were against the top-tier workers (Rey Mysterio, Kurt Angle, etc.), so he shouldn't get any credit for that. Oh, and TCP1, hold your tongue. There will be riots if Mark Henry is sent over to ECW. That fat piece of garbage would be an insult to the Bingo Hall.[/QUOTE] If Bas Rutten has low acting and mic skills it will be a crime against humanity. How is Mark Henry one of the worst in the world, he isn't even one of the worst on Smackdown. Have you watched him during this run, he's been decent to good the entire way. Heck was even like that in 2004. He and Jericho were the only ones to get good matches out of Goldberg, remember? You seem to forgot the crazy amount of ****ty workers that were in ECW. Henry would had been one of their biggest stars if he came in as is in ECW when it was aroudn. Henry isn't great, but he's more than capable in the ring. Anyways, it seems I'm going to have to do some editing when I get this, I can't believe all the Henry hate. Especially when guys like the Great Khali are walking around.

[QUOTE=Grimmas]How is Mark Henry one of the worst in the world, he isn't even one of the worst on Smackdown. Have you watched him during this run, he's been decent to good the entire way. Heck was even like that in 2004. He and Jericho were the only ones to get good matches out of Goldberg, remember?[/QUOTE] Excuse me? Goldberg looks like Bryan Danielson when put next to Mark Henry for comparison!

Having just started watching CHIKARA Tag Grand Prix 2006, I gotta say, I'm massively disappointed with the quality of Danger/Little Feather vs Ranmaru/Sumie Sakai. Now perhaps someone could enlighten me to their status within women's wrestling? The North American team seem uncomfortable and sloppy with some basic moves. To be fair the joshi's seem a lot more crisp, but still not amazing. Is this a one-off bad match or is this what all women's wrestling is like. If it is, it might be time to knock down the stats of the Joshi's!

Mark Henry in ECW could work if he was packaged as 911 mk. 2 - let's face it, that's his job on Smackdown right now: Batista, Angle and Benoit have all taken much needed time off after facing him, whether the injuries were a result of his sloppiness or coincidence (or, in Benoit's case, overall wear and tear). I personally believe that in his good matches he's carried by exceptional talents. Angle is a modern day Ric Flair - he could have a good match with me or you, let alone someone like Henry who's been around the business for a decade and must have learned a few things. * I'm all for the MMA guys being in - they never get signed to the big feds in my games, so let's have them.

[QUOTE]How is Mark Henry one of the worst in the world, he isn't even one of the worst on Smackdown. Have you watched him during this run, he's been decent to good the entire way. Heck was even like that in 2004. He and Jericho were the only ones to get good matches out of Goldberg, remember?[/QUOTE] lol thoses Goldberg Vs. Mark Henry Matchs were horrible...both are bad and sloppy....but i think goldberg is a bit better then henry and also im all for the MMA guys too

Goldberg is actually a very good wrestler.... apparently he was a very good student at the Power Plant. Unfortunately his BIG push in WCW was basically just bulldozing through opponents without having to show what he was capable (or more so what he had previously learnt). Even after his push ended and he was having normal type matches.. he was still told to just go out and try demolish the opponent. I think the same thing was probably insinuated in WWE as most of what I've seen is similar.... In Japan apparently he is very much respected as he has had proper wrestling matches and done quite well (as far as I'm aware anyway).

I just want to comment that I don't want the MMA guys in the data. At least the ones that would have nothing to do with Pro-Wrestling. And when I say Pro-Wrestling, I don't mean worked-shoots or any of that goofy stuff the Japanese do with shootfighters. From what I know, most MMA fighters dislike wrestling and I doubt that many of the ones that are being added would be a part of, say, WWE or even TNA. I also doubt that someone in UFC would leave the company to join, say, New Japan or something. Sure, if they were a part of Pro-Wrestling at some point, then throw them in, but if they weren't then they don't need to be added in just because all of you decided to toss in a bunch of guys on a whim. Besides, having the entire UFC roster in the data set sorta defeats the purpose of having a data set without a bunch of guys you, or the computer, would never use.

[QUOTE=The Franchise]I just want to comment that I don't want the MMA guys in the data. At least the ones that would have nothing to do with Pro-Wrestling. And when I say Pro-Wrestling, I don't mean worked-shoots or any of that goofy stuff the Japanese do with shootfighters. From what I know, most MMA fighters dislike wrestling and I doubt that many of the ones that are being added would be a part of, say, WWE or even TNA. I also doubt that someone in UFC would leave the company to join, say, New Japan or something. Sure, if they were a part of Pro-Wrestling at some point, then throw them in, but if they weren't then they don't need to be added in just because all of you decided to toss in a bunch of guys on a whim. Besides, having the entire UFC roster in the data set sorta defeats the purpose of having a data set without a bunch of guys you, or the computer, would never use.[/QUOTE] BA HUMBUG!

For Gods sake - stop arguing about whether the MMA guys should be in or not. Now that they have been created they should 100% definitely be in and be available. If you have a problem with that then all it needs is TCP (or Toddthebod) to provide a readme with the mod to give the names of the UFC fighters so that you can go into the editor in your game and click delete a few times to get rid of them. Its not that hard - and everyone telling TCP etc that putting them in is going to spoil things - well I think you should all just engage your brains for a second and remember that no-one is making these guys make this mod, it is a voluntary thing for everyones benefit - you should all be thanking them for their hard work and not being ungrateful, which is how it is coming across at the moment. Thats the good thing about this game - if you don't like something in a mod - then you have the power to change it yourself. PS This is not intended to start a further flame war, just to remind people that all this work is actually voluntary on TCP's part (and others) :D

Archived