TCP's Big Announcement Part 4: THE BETA

Checked my People folder for pictures of people on your list and this is the best I could do. I don't have a clue who to credit, because my picture pack is a whole load of various people's work flung together :p Not sure how much use they'll be, as some aren't the best pictures but every little helps, right?

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=Slim Jim]Checked my People folder for pictures of people on your list and this is the best I could do. I don't have a clue who to credit, because my picture pack is a whole load of various people's work flung together :p Not sure how much use they'll be, as some aren't the best pictures but every little helps, right?[/QUOTE] Cheers buddy, I will amend the list when I get back from work.

[QUOTE=Shocking_Stuff]Despite Wikipedia's failing in the "Italy=Western Europe" Saga... I read further back in the thread that MR. KENNEDY..... Kennedy's finisher was listed on Wiki as "[B]JFK[/B] - [B]J[/B]ust [B]F[/B]inished by [B]K[/B]ennedy" Which I think sounds a lot cooler than "The Lambeau Leap"... Maybe it's a Wisconsin or Greenbay thing, but I don't get it... Or maybe it's because [B]I'm a KENNEDY..... Kennedy[/B][/QUOTE] The Lambeau Leap is what the Green Bay Packers football team do after a touchdown....they run towards the audience and "Leap" into the crowd. I like the JFK better, too.

[QUOTE=Ash J. Williams]The Lambeau Leap is what the Green Bay Packers football team do after a touchdown....they run towards the audience and "Leap" into the crowd. I like the JFK better, too.[/QUOTE] I've only heard Kennedy.......Kennedy refer to the move as The Lambeau Leap while he was doing something on wwe.com So I would go with that.

[QUOTE=Grimmas]Wait.... where is SHIMMER's Women's Athletes? And... Allison Danger seems to be drastically under-rated. I'll go through the rest of the women now to see whats up.[/QUOTE] SHIMMER will be un the final release. Fear not. I'm hoping to get some SHIMMER footage and I'll be able to better gage the overall product. I'm aware that some of the women are quite handy, but we'll wait and see.

[QUOTE=TCP1]SHIMMER will be un the final release. Fear not. I'm hoping to get some SHIMMER footage and I'll be able to better gage the overall product. I'm aware that some of the women are quite handy, but we'll wait and see.[/QUOTE] Women are so under-rated in north america, probably because WWE puts on such a bad product with Candice and such who are not wrestlers. Oh, Shantelle Taylor from SHIMMER just signed with the WWE as a development talent and is going to Deep South next month.

[QUOTE=TCP1]POW! Well I hate to say I told you so. So that's Britannica, CIA, Me and Adam that say it's in Western Europe. Against You and Wikipedia. lol. You are one feisty bugger though Anubis, I like your style! :cool:[/QUOTE] To those who thought it was funny, hey, not a full loss for me. I was speaking [i]geographically[/i], remember. Adam just clarified that it was divided by culture, and on that point, you are right. We were just dividing it by different standards is all. So yeah, really, there was no joke to be had really. That would explain why different sources put it in different places, though. Sorry, just had to clarify this because I didn't want people to actually think this was a matter of one person being right and another being wrong. I wasn't wrong about where Italy actually is geographically, I was only wrong in the way I thought the game was set up.

Somethings about the MMA guys, who I personally want in the game. Unless a guy has actually done pro wrestling his psychology should be reallllly low like 0-10 max. If they dont have the experience they arent going to have the safety down, the consistency down or even the selling down. Another thing I think that should be discussed when they're added to the full data is that they should all be set to On Hiatus or Inactive, unless they really wrestle. It's not very often at all that these guys cross over to pro wrestling. If you do want to use one before he goes off hiatus, you could just go in the editor... I hope this helps. I think that the stats for all the MMA guys should be made sure not to be overblown so we dont get this sudden influx of MMA Crossovers.

[QUOTE=Johnny Fenoli]Somethings about the MMA guys, who I personally want in the game. Unless a guy has actually done pro wrestling his psychology should be reallllly low like 0-10 max. If they dont have the experience they arent going to have the safety down, the consistency down or even the selling down. Another thing I think that should be discussed when they're added to the full data is that they should all be set to On Hiatus or Inactive, unless they really wrestle. It's not very often at all that these guys cross over to pro wrestling. If you do want to use one before he goes off hiatus, you could just go in the editor... I hope this helps. I think that the stats for all the MMA guys should be made sure not to be overblown so we dont get this sudden influx of MMA Crossovers.[/QUOTE] Exactly, there MMA skills, charisma, mic skills can be high as you want. Even some mat skills and submissions can be really good, but most things should be really really low. Don't let Ken Shamrock's quick transition fool you, MMA and pro wrestling is very very different.

[QUOTE=TCP1]SHIMMER will be un the final release. Fear not. I'm hoping to get some SHIMMER footage and I'll be able to better gage the overall product. I'm aware that some of the women are quite handy, but we'll wait and see.[/QUOTE] I can vouch that its great stuff, i have both the first two volumes and volume three is on its way from the states as i type, should have it in a week or so. Something equal to shimmer that i also have vol1 and 2 of is ECCW Supergirls, some great action there too for anyone looking to pick it up

[QUOTE=TCP1]SHIMMER will be un the final release. Fear not. I'm hoping to get some SHIMMER footage and I'll be able to better gage the overall product. I'm aware that some of the women are quite handy, but we'll wait and see.[/QUOTE] i just went to shimmer last week.....so i got a good idea what they can do

I disagree about the stats of MMA guys. I think their experience in the real deal will give them a certain level of compatible understanding when it comes to Psychology. Safety should be decent as well, if not better, because these guys are legit, and they need to know how not to kill their opponents when doing [i]real[/i] moves to them. All the ground'n'pounders should have high Brawling, and all the mat wrestlers should have high Technical skills, and they should have relative MMA abilities. On top of that, they should have much higher Resilience and Toughness and Stiffness than normal. The only stat I can think of that should be low in some cases is Basics, really. I think any ofthese guys could pick up Selling very easily, and all the popular ones should have high Charisma. [i]None[/i] of them, however, should high [i]any[/i] Aerial skills, unless of course they've actually wrestled that style in pro wrestling, as aerial maneuvers have [i]no place whatsoever[/i] in a real fight, so all such stats there should be 0 for sure.

[QUOTE=Anubis]I disagree about the stats of MMA guys. I think their experience in the real deal will give them a certain level of compatible understanding when it comes to Psychology. Safety should be decent as well, if not better, because these guys are legit, and they need to know how not to kill their opponents when doing [i]real[/i] moves to them. All the ground'n'pounders should have high Brawling, and all the mat wrestlers should have high Technical skills, and they should have relative MMA abilities. On top of that, they should have much higher Resilience and Toughness and Stiffness than normal. The only stat I can think of that should be low in some cases is Basics, really. I think any ofthese guys could pick up Selling very easily, and all the popular ones should have high Charisma. [i]None[/i] of them, however, should high [i]any[/i] Aerial skills, unless of course they've actually wrestled that style in pro wrestling, as aerial maneuvers have [i]no place whatsoever[/i] in a real fight, so all such stats there should be 0 for sure.[/QUOTE] There's no way a green MMA guy could just come in and have the psychology for telling a story in match form down. They say that takes years and still some people dont get it. The MMA guys should have good Basics, Brawling, Submission, Mat, Chain, and of course MMA. IF they are good talkers and/or have a good look then that as well. But, the psychology HAS to be low, they just dont know what they're doing yet, then you just have to trian them up. If it's not psychology, then something in there has to be low, maybe I dont understand what the psychology stat actually represents. You could take a Matt Hughes throw him in the ring and tell him to just do what the other guy says to do, and I'm sure it would be a decent match. But he shouldnt know how to string together a good match right out the octagon.

I'm by no means a great martial artist but I've been practicing since I was eight years old, which means 21 years now. I don't really do any UFC style stuff but I've done some tournaments and won my fair share. I also have some friends who are wrestlers and we've messed around in the ring and I'll tell you right off it's different completely different. With Martial Arts you're going all out all the time your objective is to destroy your opponent as quickly and efficiently as possible In a wrestling ring it's about pacing and telling a story and even a great MMA guy is not gonna be able to do that with any real proficiency from day one. I'm sure some can pick it up quickly but I'd say a good 90% won't Keep the MMA guys psychology low, you might even want to keep the selling low, as a martial artist we're used to taking moves that hurt really bad, not pretend to be more hurt then we are by moves that are trying to be done safely to mitigate pain. I say leave their safety low as well, although some of my sparring training has been fake kicks and blows, pulled just before they connect not everyone trains that way and these guys who do the UFC and other really hardcore MMA work aren't used to having to pull their blows or worry about the other guys safety.

Oh, I'm not saying they should have really high Psychology, I'm just saying it shouldn't be really low either. I've done martial arts and I know it's completely different, but a martial artist crossing over will "get it" much faster than someone with no experience in either going into training. Basically, MMA guys should probably have around 40-50; most would probably have better Psychology than Mark Henry or Great Khali right off the bat, but would have to work hard to get to a "good" level. I still say Safety should be decent. These guys gotta know how to beat their opponents without killing them, and as the other poster mentioned, sparring is very common. If anything, Basics should be low, because Basics (of professional wrestling) is what they wouldn't have learned yet.

[QUOTE=Anubis]To those who thought it was funny, hey, not a full loss for me. I was speaking [i]geographically[/i], remember. Adam just clarified that it was divided by culture, and on that point, you are right. We were just dividing it by different standards is all. So yeah, really, there was no joke to be had really. That would explain why different sources put it in different places, though. Sorry, just had to clarify this because I didn't want people to actually think this was a matter of one person being right and another being wrong. I wasn't wrong about where Italy actually is geographically, I was only wrong in the way I thought the game was set up.[/QUOTE] Anubis, you may be my favourite poster on this board at the moment. Legend! As for the MMA thing, I reckon they should have a psychology rating of around 30-40, same for basics!

Anubis [QUOTE]but a martial artist crossing over will "get it" much faster than someone with no experience[/QUOTE] The game already handles this some people will get it faster and some people won't a guy with no experience is a guy with no experience whether he is a MMA superstar or not. The game will decide which ones "get it" faster and it's a little lopsided to give them a high psyhcology to start jsut to represent the fact that soem one could possibly (cause it's never 100%) "get it" faster.

[QUOTE=Apupunchau@optonline]Anubis The game already handles this some people will get it faster and some people won't a guy with no experience is a guy with no experience whether he is a MMA superstar or not. The game will decide which ones "get it" faster and it's a little lopsided to give them a high psyhcology to start jsut to represent the fact that soem one could possibly (cause it's never 100%) "get it" faster.[/QUOTE] Quoted for truth. A MMA guy should be very very very low for psych and basics. MMA is nothing like pro wrestling as far as in the ring.

Hmmm . . . Well . . . I don't entirely agree, but I don't entirely disagree either . . . I still think they'd have "compatible" experience, but I guess it is a delicate balancing. Well then, as long as the MMA guys have more than pieces of crap like Mark Henry and The Great Khali, I'll be happy.

Archived