TCP's Big Announcement Part 4: THE BETA

[QUOTE=Anubis]Okay, it was a tough job, but I've finished doing the comparison data between the TV networks and PPV carriers in the Beta Release versus my original data. While I actually modified the data from my original data (as it's easier to edit through addition due to not having any filters), here are the changes as they relate to the data in the Beta Release: [b][u]PPV carriers[/u][/b] [LIST] [*]Renamed "SKY PerfecTV! PPV" to "SKY PerfecTV!" ... [i]Just going for accuracy and consistency here.[/i] [*]Removed Imperial Mediacorp (fictional PPV carrier) ... [i]SKY PerfecTV! is the exact same size and has the exact same coverage, so I was able to remove one of my fictional PPV carriers.[/i] [*]Removed TWC ... [i]I can't stress often enough that TWC, a.k.a. "The Wrestling Channel", is not a PPV carrier in reality, but is rather a normal TV network. It is already included in the TV networks section as "The Wrestling Channel", and so doesn't belong in the PPV carriers section.[/i] [/LIST] [b][u]TV networks[/u][/b] [LIST] [*]Added BBC Three (Small; Mainstream) ... [i]I can't figure out why this was removed to begin with.[/i] [*]Added BBC Four (Small; Risky/Cult) ... [i]Same as with BBC Three.[/i] [*]Removed ESPN International ... [i]Again, according to my information, this channel doesn't exist as such. The Current ESPN International is actually a corporation that owns 20 separate networks across over 100 countries.[/i] [*]Renamed "ESPN-i" to "Sports-i ESPN" ... [i]This is the channel everyone thinks ESPN International is, and the proper name for it. I knew there was something like that, but couldn't find it before; now, at long last, I have.[/i] [*]Renamed "G+ Sports" to "G+ Sports & News" ... [i]Just another change for accuracy.[/i] [*]Downsized G+ Sports & News to Very Small ... [i]So little information available about it tells me it's probably not very big.[/i] [*]Upsized J Sports to Medium ... [i]It actually has three entire channels, so I figure this was a reasonable change to make.[/i] [*]Changed KTV coverage to: Honshu, Shikoku (Japan) ... [i]KTV is located in the Kansai prefecture, which is on the main island of Honshu. Broadcasting capabilities include the island of Shikoku.[/i] [*]Removed Kansai Telecasting ... [i]Kansai Telecasting is KTV, so that makes this a clone.[/i] [*]Renamed "MTV 2" to "MTV2" ... [i]Yes, I'm anal about accuracy. Sue me.[/i] [*]Changed MTV2 coverage to: Midlands, North, Scotland, South (UK); Western, Central, Eastern (Europe) ... [i]MTV2 doesn't air in USA, it airs in UK and Europe.[/i] [*]Removed MX Tokyo ... [i]This channel broadcasts exclusively to Tokyo, meaning it's not even big enough to warrant a place in the data; it's identical to local networks in the United States, and if we put all these suckers in, we'll end up with thousands of TV networks. Basically, there's just no point to this one.[/i] [*]Renamed "Nippon TV" to "NTV" ... [i]Just another tweak, nothing big.[/i] [*]Downsized NTV to Medium ... [i]Not only is NTV not bigger than the rest of the major TV networks over there, but Japan simply can't sustain a Very Big network with only its four regions, so it had to be downsized to be of any use.[/i] [*]Sapporo TV downsized to Very Small ... [i]This is for consistency purposes regarding its size in relation to other TV networks.[/i] [*]Changed Sapporo TV coverage to: Hokkaido, Honshu (Japan) ... [i]This was a discretionary call, as there are too many nearly identical TV networks in Japan already. I just made this one a little different is all.[/i] [*]Changed Sci Fi Channel coverage to: Great Lakes, Mid Atlantic, Mid South, Mid West, New England, North West, South East, South West, Tri State (USA) ... [i]It doesn't air in Puerto Rico according to my sources.[/i] [*]Downsized TNC Sports to Tiny ... [i]This TV network seems to be the jobber of Japanese sports channels.[/i] [*]Upsized WOWOW to Medium ... [i]Another one with three entire channels, and thus probably deserving to join the Medium Japanese TV networks club.[/i] [*]Renamed "Fighting Samurai TV" to "Fighting TV Samurai" ... [i]Why does the name keep getting changed from what it is to what it isn't?[/i] [*]Renamed "GAORA" to "Gaora Sports" ... [i]Same question as with Fighting TV Samurai here.[/i] [*]Removed Internet Webcast ... [i]I just don't think this would be effective in simulating internet webcasts. Can you imagine playing as a promotion and getting "cancelled" while airing on this "network"? Seriously, that would just be retarded, so I removed this for the sake of sanity.[/i] [*]Removed [url]www.YouTube.com[/url] ... [i]Exactly the same as Internet Webcast above. In addition to the above points, it's probably a good idea to mention that no one ever makes any money on this web site, so it's an even bigger violator than the other.[/i] [/LIST] Damn that was a lot of work. Any questions or comments? Oh, and I have included the newest files for this work. If any revisions are being considered, could you just let me know so that we can discuss it? Yes, I know I'm anal, and I apologize, but I have been putting many hours into this, and as part of what I believe to be [i]the[/i] top data set, I just want everything perfect is all.[/QUOTE] You do great work but it seems like most of the regular shows are on the wrong channels. Don't know if you did that file or not but just thought that I would say that because no one seems to pick it up when I've mentioned it before.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think some of these have been mentioned already, but here's some free agents to add (and yes, I realize that a lot of these guys may no longer be active in the wrestling business. Just wanted to beef up the free agent pool is all.): Randy Savage Warrior (or Ultimate Warrior or Warrior Warrior or whatever he calls himself now) The Amazing Red John Kronus Perry Saturn New Jack Air Paris Maven Bryan Clarke Brian Adams Bam Bam Bigelow Barry Windham Mike Rotundo Vader Ken Shamrock Dan Severn Ron Simmons Jimmy Hart Brian Christopher "Grandmaster Sexay" Lawler Charles "Godfather" Wright Bob Backlund Chris Nowinski Zach Gowan Sean O'Haire Mike "Above Average" Sanders (a personal favorite) Rico Constantino Mark "Mohammed Hussan" Copani Justin Credible And I'm spent. It'd be great if someone who is more familiar with younger, non-craptacular wrestlers could come along and throw some names in.

[QUOTE=toddthebod]You do great work but it seems like most of the regular shows are on the wrong channels. Don't know if you did that file or not but just thought that I would say that because no one seems to pick it up when I've mentioned it before.[/QUOTE] Nope, that's not my section. I considered doing it, but then I saw how much of a pain in the ass it would be, LOL.

[QUOTE=nZane]I think some of these have been mentioned already, but here's some free agents to add (and yes, I realize that a lot of these guys may no longer be active in the wrestling business. Just wanted to beef up the free agent pool is all.): Randy Savage Warrior (or Ultimate Warrior or Warrior Warrior or whatever he calls himself now) The Amazing Red John Kronus Perry Saturn New Jack Air Paris Maven Bryan Clarke Brian Adams Bam Bam Bigelow Barry Windham Mike Rotundo Vader Ken Shamrock Dan Severn Ron Simmons Jimmy Hart Brian Christopher "Grandmaster Sexay" Lawler Charles "Godfather" Wright Bob Backlund Chris Nowinski Zach Gowan Sean O'Haire Mike "Above Average" Sanders (a personal favorite) Rico Constantino Mark "Mohammed Hussan" Copani Justin Credible And I'm spent. It'd be great if someone who is more familiar with younger, non-craptacular wrestlers could come along and throw some names in.[/QUOTE] Dan Severn is in my MMA update..so he will be in the game...I've been calling for Mike Sanders to be added for awhile now. It's a shame that HHH is a giant douche and played politics to make sure Sanders didn't get a WWE deal.

Though I havent checked what finishers they have now, I've fix their finishers. On some of the guys I havent been able to get the information on either when they're born or what their finisher(s) are. BTW, U should rename Alexis Laree to Mickie James, as that is her real name. This is also their WWE.com name, so I would change it to them. Ashley: High Diving Cross Body Born May 79 Beth Phoenix: WWE: Down In Flames, OVW Super Samoan Driver Born November 80 Big Show: Chokeslam Born February 72 Candice: Born October 78 Carlito: Modified Swinging Neckbreaker, Back Cracker, Cool-Brekare Born: February 79 Charlie Haas: Folding Neck/Back Submission, Haastile Takeover, Haas Of Pain Born March 72 Chris Masters: The Master Lock Born January 83 Danny Basham: Brain Damage Edge: Spear Born October 73 Eugene: Rock Bottom, Stunner, Hogan Leg Drop Born December 75 Gene Snitsky: Pump-Handle Slam Born January 70 Goldust: Curtain Call, Golden Globes Born April 69 Hulk Hogan: Leg Drop Born August 53 Jerry Lawler: Spike Piledriver, Second-Rope Diving Fist Drop Born October 49 Jim Ross: Born January 52 John Cena: STFU, The FU Born April 77 Johnny: Johnny-Go-Round Born December 83 Johnny Nitro: Superkick Born October 79 Johnny Parisi: The Shaft Born July 75 Jonathan Coachman: Born October 73 Kane: Chokeslam, Tombstone Piledriver Born April 67 Kenny: Feint Diving Knee Drop Into Diving Leg Drop, U should call it like "Spirit Drop" or something Born March 86 Lance Cade: Lariat Clothesline Born March 81 Lillian Garcia: Born August 73 Lita: Moonsault, DDT Born April 75 Maria: SchoolGirl Roll-Up, Bronco Buster Born May 81 Matt Striker: Golden Rule, Overdrive Born June 74 Melina: Spinning Facebuster Born March 79 Mick Foley: Mandible Claw, Double Arm DDT Born June 65 Mickie James: Tornado DDT, Mick Kick Born August 79 Mikey: Trampoline Springboard Bulldog Born 83 Mitch: Born February 73 Mr. McMahon: McElbow, McStunner Born August 45 Nicky: Born July 80 Rene Dupree: Bonsoir, Loire Valley Driver, Cobra Clutch Slam Born December 83 Ric Flair: Figure-Four Leglock Born February 49 Rob Conway: Ego Trip Born November 73 Shawn Michaels: Sweet Chin Music Born July 65 Shelton Benjamin: T-Bone Suplex Born July 75 Stacy Keibler: Roundhouse Kick Born October 79 Stone Cold Steve Austin: Stone Cold Stunner Born December 64 The Rock: Rock Bottom, The Peoples Elbow Born May 72 Todd Grisham: Born January 76 Torrie Wilson: Nose Job, Swinging Neckbreaker, Springboard Elbow Born July 75 Trevor Murdoch: Top Rope Bulldog Born 80 Triple H: Pedigree Born July 69 Trish Stratus: Chick Kick, Stratusfaction Born December 75 Umaga: Samoan Spike Born March 73 Val Venis: Money Shot Born March 71 Victoria: Widows Peak Born February 71 Viscera: Viscera Drop, Sex Drive Born February 71 So, that was RAW. I will do SmackDown! as soon as I wake up again. In the words of Dr. Nick Rivera, The Stupid Doctor from Simpsons U know... "Goodnight Everybody"

[QUOTE=Anubis] [*]Changed MTV2 coverage to: Midlands, North, Scotland, South (UK); Western, Central, Eastern (Europe) ... [i]MTV2 doesn't air in USA, it airs in UK and Europe.[/i] [/QUOTE] now maybe your takeing about a differant mtv2 but the mtv2 i know airs all over the us

[QUOTE=DeleTe]Yeah, I know which u mean. I really liked that move and Kennedy. On Wikipedia it's called JFK - Just Finnished By Kennedy...[/QUOTE] I did'nt even think to check Wikipedia. lol, there's probably a pretty good chance when he comes back it will have a new name by then.

[QUOTE=Nagacore]Indeed, TNA’s and written contracts only make sense; however, AJ Styles, Alex Shelly (he’s not main event, but still), Soma Joe and Chris Daniels have contracts with RoH. Styles and Shelly are not on long term contracts while Joe and Daniels are among the promotions top attractions and won’t be signed away that easily.[/QUOTE] Obviously the game doesn't simulate real life that well so sometimes you have to trick the system. My suggestion would be to make Vince hate those guys or vise versa assuming it prevents them from being signed away. The only other way is to make them staff of one of the companies and hope the computer leaves them as such.

One suggestion. Due to OVW and DSW constantly losing their TV contracts I've started giving them a weekly event on the same day. This insures that even after their TV contract expires my developmental workers still get training time. I'm not saying this needs to be added to the data but it may be a good alternative for promotions who have a weekly TV show in real life but lose it constantly in the game.

[quote=Anubis] [*]Changed MTV2 coverage to: Midlands, North, Scotland, South (UK); Western, Central, Eastern (Europe) ... MTV2 doesn't air in USA, it airs in UK and Europe.[/quote] [QUOTE=juggalowang]now maybe your takeing about a differant mtv2 but the mtv2 i know airs all over the us[/QUOTE] It airs in both, BUT isnt the same channel if that makes sense MTV owns alot of channels globally and each is different for its location MTV2 in UK plays alot of alternative and rock If memory serves me right, the UK and Europe one is actually given the full name of MTV2 EUROPE Same owner, same name, different schedule due to its location and treated as a comlpetely different channel Now going onto this, Ive been wondering now about the Sci-Fi channel with their deal with ECW. As the US and UK versions of the Sci-Fi channel ARE , I presume, owned by the same company, but again are treated as seperate channels because of their world locations... Would Sci-Fi in the UK also be airing ECW? Another example would be Paramount/Comedy Central Both air in UK and US, but again are completely different channels

[QUOTE=joose2001]as a comlpetely different channel Now going onto this, Ive been wondering now about the Sci-Fi channel with their deal with ECW. As the US and UK versions of the Sci-Fi channel ARE , I presume, owned by the same company, but again are treated as seperate channels because of their world locations... Would Sci-Fi in the UK also be airing ECW? [/QUOTE] from what i heard ECW will not be on the UK version of the sci-fi channel. I will instead replace SKY's broadcast of Velocity or heat or afterburn cant remember which one now, but it was one of there B/highlight shows.

So Sky Sports will be picking it up then? And thus is another problem IF, and I havent looked, Sky Sports is as seperate as 1, 2 and 3 then may cause problems as RAW is broadcast LIVE on 3, but repeats on 1, also Heat, Velocity etc etc I *think* broadcast on all of them It MAY be an idea just to have all of them just as Sky Sports, I dunno how thats being handled *** Then now thats got me thinking about PPV's As some air on Box Office, which is a PPV channel, but others air on Sky Sports which is free to subscribers of that package but as such isnt a PPV channel

[QUOTE=joose2001]So Sky Sports will be picking it up then? And thus is another problem IF, and I havent looked, Sky Sports is as seperate as 1, 2 and 3 then may cause problems as RAW is broadcast LIVE on 3, but repeats on 1, also Heat, Velocity etc etc I *think* broadcast on all of them It MAY be an idea just to have all of them just as Sky Sports, I dunno how thats being handled *** Then now thats got me thinking about PPV's As some air on Box Office, which is a PPV channel, but others air on Sky Sports which is free to subscribers of that package but as such isnt a PPV channel[/QUOTE] i think the best way to do it is to just keep all PPV's on the box office channel (which will be set up as a PPV carrier) and just allocate Raw/smackdown/ecw to either one of the sky sports channels - just my thoughts

[QUOTE=joose2001]So Sky Sports will be picking it up then? And thus is another problem IF, and I havent looked, Sky Sports is as seperate as 1, 2 and 3 then may cause problems as RAW is broadcast LIVE on 3, but repeats on 1, also Heat, Velocity etc etc I *think* broadcast on all of them It MAY be an idea just to have all of them just as Sky Sports, I dunno how thats being handled *** Then now thats got me thinking about PPV's As some air on Box Office, which is a PPV channel, but others air on Sky Sports which is free to subscribers of that package but as such isnt a PPV channel[/QUOTE] Might be best to have Sky Sports as a single channel to save on problems!

[QUOTE=joose2001]OK then smartass..... TNA, ROH etc PPV's in the UK As they broadcast on TWC which ISNT a PPV Carrier[/QUOTE] it is difficult to simulate these situations, maybe we could have a TV version of TWC and a PPV version, i know that the wrestling channel doesnt do PPV, but people in the UK do have access to PPV's from TNA etc so it would be daft if they didnt in the game.

Archived