Anyone else still finding it far too easy to make money in this game? I just don't struggle financially even playing as a Tiny fed in a region with falling economy and wrestling. Given that we live in a world wherein wrestling companies the size of WWE have to make cuts, I find it a hindrance to immersion that making money is so easy in this game.

Anyone else still finding it far too easy to make money in this game? I just don't struggle financially even playing as a Tiny fed in a region with falling economy and wrestling. Given that we live in a world wherein wrestling companies the size of WWE have to make cuts, I find it a hindrance to immersion that making money is so easy in this game.

What region are you playing in and how many shows are you running?

Add an Era and lower the profits from PPV + TV. I have it at lower for both, i still make money (i play in Japan), but it is like 3-4 million per month. But i own the broadcaster.

I don’t think wwe made their recent cuts cos they ‘needed’ to. It was more so they could present good figures at their Quarter press conference. They like their figures looking as good as possible

Exactly. It's almost always going to be easier in the game than reality because the goal in the game is always going to be make enough money to do creatively whatever thing you're trying to do.

In real life, the goal is to make larger and larger sums of money every quarter in order to generate investors and make more money. Money is the end goal, it's not facilitating other things.

That said, I agree the challenge could be greater for the sake of the game. But maybe the way to do that would be in creating reasons to make more money. Consistent owner goals to that effect would be one avenue.

I completely agree with you. It's almost too easy to not turn a profit every single month, no matter what.

What region are you playing in and how many shows are you running?

Playing in Britain as CWW. Not touched their schedule so it's one show per month with the exception of July and August where they run a show each week for six weeks. I'm getting 130 people attending my shows and I'm making something like £1000 profit every month.

Exactly. It's almost always going to be easier in the game than reality because the goal in the game is always going to be make enough money to do creatively whatever thing you're trying to do.

In real life, the goal is to make larger and larger sums of money every quarter in order to generate investors and make more money. Money is the end goal, it's not facilitating other things.

That said, I agree the challenge could be greater for the sake of the game. But maybe the way to do that would be in creating reasons to make more money. Consistent owner goals to that effect would be one avenue.

Well said. Maybe TEW 2024 could have angry shareholders who push you to make more and more, creating a realistic challenge.

Add an Era and lower the profits from PPV + TV. I have it at lower for both, i still make money (i play in Japan), but it is like 3-4 million per month. But i own the broadcaster.

Yeah and what makes it even better is that you can tweak it as patches come out and change things.

Well said. Maybe TEW 2024 could have angry shareholders who push you to make more and more, creating a realistic challenge.

You do know that if you're not happy with the challenge of the game, you can adjust it, yes? I think what would have even more value and would make for a more "realistic" challenge is a meddlesome owner that changes your entire card on the day of the show. Maybe just scrambles the card so what used to be your world title main event match now becomes your opening match and your nostalgia match in the middle of the card is now the main event. Tailor made for real world mods!

• 1 month later...

<p>I find that all PPV’s are profitable. I make profit in months I don’t run one and even more in the ones that I do. I know that I could run one every month and make money without fail. </p><p> </p><p>

Doesn’t seem to be a ‘you ran a PPV this long ago, so it affects the buy rate of the next PPV’ especially in historic years.</p><p> </p><p>

Granted I am playing a mod which are generally always made overpowered, but I’m struggling to see what I could alter in the mod the make it ‘more realistic’ in terms of finance and challenge. Other than workers attributes</p>

<p>If I play a medium+ size company with good workers, I have no struggle at all, and wouldn't unless the game were changed in a way that very few people could. When I don't have a top row of stars, I struggle. If I don't have a broadcaster, I struggle a bit. If I have those two things, I don't.</p><p> </p><p>

The first several months are pure profit - TV deals, contracts, etc. locked into place. Then it becomes more difficult as renewal times come up.</p><p> </p><p>

As for making the game harder, there are enough AI Cheats. The AI can run the same match EVERY show and never get penalized. They can repeat the same card every week if they wanted to, just changing the winners/losers. And they don't even compete with each other on signings unless it's like Tyson Baine, Remo, or Rich Money or someone like that. No, they compete ONLY with you, and will empty the coffers for every midcarder you want.</p><p> </p><p>

So, my question is this: How do you propose to make the game more difficult for us players, WITHOUT giving the AI another cheat? </p><p> </p><p>

And how would the AI fare under a different idea? I want something that permits the AI to function correctly and run successful shows and products, with minimal use of AI Cheating. </p><p> </p><p>

I think the problem is, if I am correct and I've been told this on these forums, that Popularity Caps are impacted by Charisma and Star Power. So just by putting people in Entertainment Angles, they will eventually surge - as they gain better Charisma, Star Power, Selling, and Psychology - those are the seemingly most important skills that determine quality and contract price.</p><p> </p><p>

I think the caps should be slightly effected by Charisma and Star Power, but the impact should be reduced. I also think that whether Charisma and Star Power are really the best metrics for contract pricing and popularity gains. Or if the impact should be as much.</p><p> </p><p>

This is why it would be better to let us use the In-Game Editor to set the Popularity Caps - just like we can set other things like Popularity itself, skills, or chemistry. While having Star Power and Charisma give less impact toward going over the cap. If you cap at 70, your Charisma and Star Power 80 should bring you to about 75. If both are 90, it should bring you to about 80? Top? Even at 100 both?</p><p> </p><p>

Either way, if Popularity Caps are impacted (or raised above the destiny) by Star Power and Charisma, then we CAN change the cap in the editor, just by giving people 80 Charisma/Star Power, right? Instead, please get rid of this and just let us adjust the cap itself. I shouldn't have to worry about The Rock having a cap of 70, and I shouldn't have to worry that Joey Ryan will eventually be as major a star as The Rock just by working his Charisma and Star Power up.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Remianen" data-cite="Remianen" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50543" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yeah and what makes it even better is that you can tweak it as patches come out and change things.<p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> You do know that if you're not happy with the challenge of the game, you can adjust it, yes? I think what would have even more value and would make for a more "realistic" challenge is a meddlesome owner that changes your entire card on the day of the show. Maybe just scrambles the card so what used to be your world title main event match now becomes your opening match and your nostalgia match in the middle of the card is now the main event. Tailor made for real world mods!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Especially if the owner interfered with Pre-Booking plans.</p><p> </p><p> Or if the owner decided to yank someone out of an angle, or refuses to let a specific star lose a match. Or demands a specific champion or tag team. Owners should meddle more.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Peter.1986" data-cite="Peter.1986" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50543" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I find that all PPV’s are profitable. I make profit in months I don’t run one and even more in the ones that I do. I know that I could run one every month and make money without fail. <p> </p><p> Doesn’t seem to be a ‘you ran a PPV this long ago, so it affects the buy rate of the next PPV’ especially in historic years.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This is the change that I'd want to see. If you run a PPV less than 3 months after the last one, you get a penalty in buy rates. The shorter the gap, the bigger the penalty. The bigger the company, the more you're able to cope with that penalty, because of the increase in ticket sales and merchandise income you'll get from the live show. </p><p> </p><p> Also, an up-front fee for being on PPV. I want risk to being a small company getting on WrestleWorld. Sure, you're increasing general production costs, but I'd like to have to really consider whether I want to pay for all 12 of my shows to be on PPV, or just the big 4.</p>

Yes it’s easy because we get a lot of money in but not really a lot going out.

We should be paying more in taxes the bigger our company gets and any company under medium currently don’t pay any general or admin costs which should be used for balancing.

That’s why it’s still easy after The PPV adjustments.

We should be paying more in taxes the bigger our company gets and any company under medium currently don’t pay any general or admin costs which should be used for balancing.

So, revert back to TEW13?

People cried bloody murder when they'd jump to Cult (Medium in TEW20) and their Misc costs exploded for the very reason you state (taxes, costs involved with running a REAL business, etc). What was the old strategy? Sit at Regional and build up a huge nest egg and try to blitz your way through Cult.

I think the expanded era settings allow people to customize the game to fit their idea of 'realism'. Cut TV and PPV revenue by 50-75%.

I am totally onboard with meddlesome owners though. Give them an 'Interference' stat or attribute, like in Football Manager.

So, revert back to TEW13?

People cried bloody murder when they'd jump to Cult (Medium in TEW20) and their Misc costs exploded for the very reason you state (taxes, costs involved with running a REAL business, etc). What was the old strategy? Sit at Regional and build up a huge nest egg and try to blitz your way through Cult.

I think the expanded era settings allow people to customize the game to fit their idea of 'realism'. Cut TV and PPV revenue by 50-75%.

I am totally onboard with meddlesome owners though. Give them an 'Interference' stat or attribute, like in Football Manager.

You can make bank even on massively low PPV/TV settings. All that does anyways is make it less views/buys where pretty much medium size coverage becomes small...

If you had to force yourself to stay smaller even though you meet the requirements of going to the next limit to avoid of going bankrupt, that’s a sign of a poor financial model.

Cutting cost from smaller companies or making a patch so that cost of PPV’s are incredibly low doesn’t fix it either.