At what point does it feel like a job?

When the roster/schedule gets big. I can only play my 2016 save in very short sessions because booking 70+ workers on three shows a week is just mindnumbing.

Worse, it makes aging and development - which generate much of the interest in a long-term game - take ages.

For R/W, I can't do more than 2 hours a week for shows. I basically end up setting a bunch of people free so I can manage 30 workers. It's actually kind of fun making a bunch of tough calls.

In 2016 I made a 1991 WWF game that had two one hour brand shows. Monday Night Raw and whatever day Superstars fell on. 2-3 hour joint PPVs depending on how important it was. I ended up with a pretty accurate real world roster by the time I got to 2001, and the title lineage came out looking better IMO.

As soon as I start using the auto-booker to finish off shows. That's the time to play something else.

Sometimes the spreadsheeting can feel like my actual job, but I kinda like that. It's using my practical knowledge for something goofy and fun.

When I run out of ideas for stories, however vaguely formed and general they might be. I see TEW as mainly a framework and tool for imagining stories. It’s kind of unfortunate that the game that, for me, is unrivaled at getting me to imagine and develop stories is also such a mechanical clickfest.

As soon as I start using the auto-booker to finish off shows. That's the time to play something else.

Sometimes the spreadsheeting can feel like my actual job, but I kinda like that. It's using my practical knowledge for something goofy and fun.

To be honest, I spend far more enjoyable time mapping stuff out than the actual booking I think. As long as my ratings are around my size or above I don't really worry.

When there's too much to track and you worry about losing your company pop.

On a related thought:

Sometimes I wish there was a true sandbox fantasy mode where you can book cards without considerations for company size, company style, or money. Like a bubble universe where salaries don't scale to popularity.

Sometimes I just want to sim dream cards.

It's kinda frustrating to only get E+ matches with no audience in smaller leagues even if you have fantastic workers. Yet, running a bigger league has all kinds of worries due to TV deals, personalities, and expenses.

When there's too much to track and you worry about losing your company pop.

On a related thought:

Sometimes I wish there was a true sandbox fantasy mode where you can book cards without considerations for company size, company style, or money. Like a bubble universe where salaries don't scale to popularity.

Sometimes I just want to sim dream cards.

It's kinda frustrating to only get E+ matches with no audience in smaller leagues even if you have fantastic workers. Yet, running a bigger league has all kinds of worries due to TV deals, personalities, and expenses.

Make your own broadcaster and set it to max size around the world and give yourself max money. Then you can "sandbox" any size company(although it is going to grow really fast) After that just use the editor to keep your money at max, and change anything else you may need, like worker skills or pop.

I did this when I first got 2016 and just slowly learned how to play without worrying about failing. It was very fantasy-esque as I essentially did AEW, before it was even a conversation, with my own created company

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Sons of Kohral" data-cite="Sons of Kohral" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50997" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I notice when I start booking weekly shows I become immediately less interested.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Do you autobook to avoid weekly shows or just not have a weekly show?</p>

For me its when I get writer's block and can't come up with something for everyone besides the jobbers to do. It is also a problem when I sign too many people I want to push, so then I sign more midcarders/jobbers and make my roster too big to fit on my shows. At that point, I feel like a jerk because people are running their "stories" on pre-shows.

Feels like a job for me when I go "I wish I could hire a booker to do my TV". Usually happens when I start having major success as a smaller company. I'd rather play the Bischoff and have my own Kevin Sullivan. Auto-booker isn't the same - it has to be a person for me to buy it.

• 3 weeks later...
Honestly? It only gets to be a chore when I try to do G1 style tournaments. I just avoid those now.

Weekly shows don't bother me at all, for the most part, but I always keep them extremely short. 60-90m.

That's funny, because I just ran my first G1 style tourney and I found the challenge and making everything work scheduling wise opened my eyes to a few guys that were floundering a bit...or opened new avenues for them to go down storyline wise. Granted, I'm a new player and this was all new and exciting...but interesting you'd find that a chore. Might be me one day too...