Things I dislike and like in this game

1. A giant white board in the editor. Strong dislike. Reasons being haven't used it one single time don't see the need for it.

2. Titles and title histories. We have a blank white space so we can talk about the title, as long as certain amount words. That wouldn't be bad except, half the blank space is unused you hit the max letters allowed. Dislike this very much, think it's cool thing, but when half paragraph about the title is cut off, it becomes annoying.

3. Company sizes this I just can't get my head wrapped around. Global, International, National, Regional, and Local is all you need. Just literally changed the names of the company sizes to avoid being called out for Cult for 7 straight years not being a real thing.

4. The removal of can only sign foreign workers to touring deals. Reason why this bothers me is for the simple fact if setting Japan up in the 80's correctly it will destroy the mods. Reason being lot workers went to Japan to work tours, because it was damn good money for a month or more. Especially with ironclad deals being in place where workers can't work in North America or Europe. It literally is making the mods made for 85 or further unplayable unless you rig the game not to rise beyond Cult/Medium.

5. Personalities literally if it goes unchecked by a modder it will kill a mod. One out of five workers when transferring the 80 mod had Gloomy personality. Which somehow using TGA as example and JCP. 70 or 80 backstage in TEW 2016 turned to 55 in TEW 2020.

6. Changes in Broadcasters I like. Being able to recreate what happened to UWF and JCP is cool.

7. Though any mod set during 1984 and beyond seems to need the WWF National so the AI doesn't kill the company.

8. Alliance titles run the way it should from test sims. Which makes me happy on that part.

9. Attributes and stuff I do like how there done The fact transfering the mods over it seems lot of stuff gets screwed up.

10. I really don't see how people thought that mods would get done faster especially with all the changes made.

11. The mass edit like for the most part.

I have played 5 games in this series and modded on 4 of them. This is my least favorite version of this game. It seriously makes me wonder if some changes in this game was to end Historical mods made for 70's, 80's, and early 90's for this series.

In an old job I had a manager who didn’t like me. It came to feedback time of year and she sat me down and basically completely run me down. Seemed to hate everything about me. My line manager asked if there was any positive points and she said I smiled a bit. That’s pretty much how this post has been isn’t it!

Meh. There are things I don't particularly like about this version of the game. There are some things I would have done differently. There are some things I wish could be added or changed. There are some things I like a lot. Bottom line, since this game was released, I've probably spent 100 hours or more playing with it, and I expect to be playing it for the next what--3-4 years until there's a new version. That's a pretty good value for my gaming dollars in my book.

Meh. There are things I don't particularly like about this version of the game. There are some things I would have done differently. There are some things I wish could be added or changed. There are some things I like a lot. Bottom line, since this game was released, I've probably spent 100 hours or more playing with it, and I expect to be playing it for the next what--3-4 years until there's a new version. That's a pretty good value for my gaming dollars in my book.

Pretty much this for me too. There are flaws in the game and some stuff was removed that makes no sense. Some of the additions work and some don't. But for those of us who want to play a wrestling booking game, this is the only real choice, warts and all. I choose to live with the warts and book wrestling shows.

Pretty much this for me too. There are flaws in the game and some stuff was removed that makes no sense. Some of the additions work and some don't. But for those of us who want to play a wrestling booking game, this is the only real choice, warts and all. I choose to live with the warts and book wrestling shows.

This is the issue, isn't it? It's the only choice. We're not logging 100hrs into it because its the best game of its kind. We're not logging 100hrs into it because it's a must play game above others. We're playing it because its the only choice. Because we like wrestling. And we like booking. I also have logged quite a bit of hrs into TEW and previous versions, but I've never not thought to myself... man I wish there was another option.

One thing that is really bugging me about this game is how difficult it is to get unimportant workers 'off the bricks' and into relevancy. in 2016 you could get openers/jobbers to 30 something pop just by having them on TV on a national company. In 2020 it seems to only go to 15-20. You can't have them wrestle other unimportant talent because it will utterly destroy the match rating. You can't have them go over recognizable stars because they'll throw a fit and even if you go through with it the recognizable talent will probably lose more pop than the other guy will gain. It seems extremely difficult to push them without using the buddy system, and even then they just get overshadowed in every segment if their buddy is too popular. And furthermore it's not even true to life. Pushes like Kane or Bray Wyatt are right out. Feuds like Brandon Cutler/Peter Avalon are impossible. The Young Lions cup would be a disaster.

I know sometimes game mechanics don't always match up with real life and having a guy storm out with like 65 starting pop would be unbalanced but there should have been some kind of concession here. Like B shows removing the 'two wrestlers the crowd doesn't care about' penalty in exchange for giving well known and above workers a penalty for 'slumming it' or something.

The change I really do like in 2020 is that veteran wrestlers don't immediately become useless the second they hit decline. The gimmick system is a great improvement too.

This is the issue, isn't it? It's the only choice. We're not logging 100hrs into it because its the best game of its kind. We're not logging 100hrs into it because it's a must play game above others. We're playing it because its the only choice. Because we like wrestling. And we like booking. I also have logged quite a bit of hrs into TEW and previous versions, but I've never not thought to myself... man I wish there was another option.

Sadly, this is true. I've already logged well over 100 hours into this one and I'm enjoying it, but I often think "if only this were different" or "that doesn't work very well". I think Adam does a good job with these games considering he's a one-man team, but so much could be improved if the game could move beyond the restrictions of the programming language. So many of the great ideas everyone has for this series simply can't be implemented. That's what's frustrating about threads like this and the Suggestions forum; the community could in theory design the greatest game ever, but it's always going to be restricted by the person or people who actually commit the time and effort to making the game. But wrestling booking games are a very, very niche market and I'm happy that one actually even exists at all, even with the flaws.

Honestly, most of the big flaws in the game can be modified in-game if you so choose.

I think that part of the reason the editor was added to in-game is that all these changes were experimental and Adam figured not everyone would love every change.

Still a great game, warts and all.

You do realise that a number of things you've mentioned are to do with mods and not the game itself?

1. A giant white board in the editor. Strong dislike. Reasons being haven't used it one single time don't see the need for it.

What would you like there instead? You've said you dislike it but haven't suggested anything which you would prefer instead.

2. Titles and title histories. We have a blank white space so we can talk about the title, as long as certain amount words. That wouldn't be bad except, half the blank space is unused you hit the max letters allowed. Dislike this very much, think it's cool thing, but when half paragraph about the title is cut off, it becomes annoying.

If that's a bug, which sounds like it could be, then post it in the Tech Support Forum. It's probably (but I don't know for certain) an easy fix whereby clicking on it could make a pop-up appear like for Bio's to reveal the full text.

3. Company sizes this I just can't get my head wrapped around. Global, International, National, Regional, and Local is all you need. Just literally changed the names of the company sizes to avoid being called out for Cult for 7 straight years not being a real thing.

The manual tells you that Medium = Cult, Big = National with regards to how they used to be named if that helps?

It also explains why the change was made, "The criteria to reach each size is unique to the company's home region and can be found by looking at the Size section of the office or a company's profile.".

4. The removal of can only sign foreign workers to touring deals. Reason why this bothers me is for the simple fact if setting Japan up in the 80's correctly it will destroy the mods. Reason being lot workers went to Japan to work tours, because it was damn good money for a month or more. Especially with ironclad deals being in place where workers can't work in North America or Europe. It literally is making the mods made for 85 or further unplayable unless you rig the game not to rise beyond Cult/Medium.

Why would a company limit itself to only signing foreign workers for tours? Surely in the past foreign workers were brought in because they had name value, not simply because they were foreign? I'd happily have brought in The Road Warriors, Bruiser Brody, Stan Hansen etc. but there'd be no point bringing in someone like Barry Horrowitz or The Brooklyn Brawler (for example).

You could always put it in the Suggestions Forum so Adam can take it into consideration though.

5. Personalities literally if it goes unchecked by a modder it will kill a mod. One out of five workers when transferring the 80 mod had Gloomy personality. Which somehow using TGA as example and JCP. 70 or 80 backstage in TEW 2016 turned to 55 in TEW 2020.

That's a mod issue. It's virtually unheard of to expect a mod to perfectly be converted from one game to another without it requiring tweaking, whether that's in TEW or any other game.

7. Though any mod set during 1984 and beyond seems to need the WWF National so the AI doesn't kill the company.

This is a mod issue, not a game issue.

9. Attributes and stuff I do like how there done The fact transfering the mods over it seems lot of stuff gets screwed up.

See the previous point about converting mods requiring tweaking.

10. I really don't see how people thought that mods would get done faster especially with all the changes made.

Of course it's faster, it's impossible not to be. Which is quicker, starting a database from scratch or editing just the things that need to be edited?

Have you looked at this thread? http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=545021

I have played 5 games in this series and modded on 4 of them. This is my least favorite version of this game. It seriously makes me wonder if some changes in this game was to end Historical mods made for 70's, 80's, and early 90's for this series.

Don't be daft.

there technically are other options such as Journeyofwrestling, and I think one or two others they're just not as in depth as TEW

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jon The GOAT" data-cite="Jon The GOAT" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51861" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>This is the issue, isn't it? It's the only choice. We're not logging 100hrs into it because its the best game of its kind. We're not logging 100hrs into it because it's a must play game above others. We're playing it because its the only choice. Because we like wrestling. And we like booking. I also have logged quite a bit of hrs into TEW and previous versions, but I've never not thought to myself... man I wish there was another option.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> man yall tripping. I love simulation games, i play all types. Im probably gonna buy the mafia game soon. This game is OUTSTANDING if you're a sim freak like me. The only negative I honestly see is:</p><p> </p><p> 1. They need to learn a new programming language and hire a UX guy, this game is really ugly. I read its written in Visual Basics; who the hell uses that in 2020 lmao. I dont even think anyone used it ten years ago.</p><p> </p><p> 2. Should be on steam.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="oomalikoo" data-cite="oomalikoo" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51861" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>man yall tripping. I love simulation games, i play all types. Im probably gonna buy the mafia game soon. This game is OUTSTANDING if you're a sim freak like me. The only negative I honestly see is:<p> </p><p> 1. They need to learn a new programming language and hire a UX guy, this game is really ugly. I read its written in Visual Basics; who the hell uses that in 2020 lmao. I dont even think anyone used it ten years ago.</p><p> </p><p> 2. Should be on steam.</p></div></blockquote><p> And neither of those two options bother me at all. I love the game right now in its current incarnation, things like Placement mode really are the icing on the cake.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Alucidus" data-cite="Alucidus" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51861" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Pushes like Kane or Bray Wyatt are right out.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I have to pick this nit. You could still create a monster push right out of the gate, but you have to remember that Kane and Bray Wyatt, for their sizes and relative experience levels at their debuts, as individuals, had a tremendous amount of in-ring ability, star power, and entertainment ability. Can you insert a random monster newcomer into a "Kane angle" and predictably have him win over the crowd? No. But, if you had a big bad-ass with a lot of star power, a solid set of brawling and even some level of technical skills, a great level of charisma, and had a group of top-level talent (like Undertaker at the time) who were willing to put the big dude over, you would have a shot at building that guy into a talent at the level of Kane. Similarly, Bray Wyatt benefitted from a tremendous amount of charisma and star power in addition to excellent entertainment skills...plus, dude can flat-out go in the ring. Like the Kane example, it won't work with just everybody. But, if you have a young worker with a certain set of skills and ability and you build him through your developmental program to already have a good deal of internet buzz, you could build him into a Star or Major Star level. And Bray didn't have the benefit of getting put over by the top guys in the company (I mean, he lost to John Cena and the Undertaker in two of his early feuds). But, he's still gotten to become one of the top guys in the promotion.</p><p> </p><p> So, I don't think those things are "right out" in this game. It's just that we may not be appreciating the uniqueness of the two wrestlers (and their talent/skill sets) that we're talking about.</p><p> </p><p> Now, I will agree that it is much harder in this game to build a talent from Unimportant (Enhancement Talent or Opener in previous incarnations) to any level higher than in previous games. But, it's not impossible, either. And, if you're willing to focus on the right talent and build them the right way, you can make it work.</p><p> </p><p> I'm enjoying some of the unique challenges that exist in this version of the game, if you guys are wondering. I would like a few flaws fixed, but I can live with what we've got right now, too.</p><p> </p><p> St.T</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="St. Templar" data-cite="St. Templar" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51861" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I have to pick this nit. You could still create a monster push right out of the gate, but you have to remember that Kane and Bray Wyatt, for their sizes and relative experience levels at their debuts, as individuals, had a tremendous amount of in-ring ability, star power, and entertainment ability. Can you insert a random monster newcomer into a "Kane angle" and predictably have him win over the crowd? No. But, if you had a big bad-ass with a lot of star power, a solid set of brawling and even some level of technical skills, a great level of charisma, and had a group of top-level talent (like Undertaker at the time) who were willing to put the big dude over, you would have a shot at building that guy into a talent at the level of Kane. Similarly, Bray Wyatt benefitted from a tremendous amount of charisma and star power in addition to excellent entertainment skills...plus, dude can flat-out go in the ring. Like the Kane example, it won't work with just everybody. But, if you have a young worker with a certain set of skills and ability and you build him through your developmental program to already have a good deal of internet buzz, you could build him into a Star or Major Star level. And Bray didn't have the benefit of getting put over by the top guys in the company (I mean, he lost to John Cena and the Undertaker in two of his early feuds). But, he's still gotten to become one of the top guys in the promotion.<p> </p><p> So, I don't think those things are "right out" in this game. It's just that we may not be appreciating the uniqueness of the two wrestlers (and their talent/skill sets) that we're talking about.</p><p> </p><p> Now, I will agree that it is much harder in this game to build a talent from Unimportant (Enhancement Talent or Opener in previous incarnations) to any level higher than in previous games. But, it's not impossible, either. And, if you're willing to focus on the right talent and build them the right way, you can make it work.</p><p> </p><p> I'm enjoying some of the unique challenges that exist in this version of the game, if you guys are wondering. I would like a few flaws fixed, but I can live with what we've got right now, too.</p><p> </p><p> St.T</p></div></blockquote><p> To be fair, Kane didn't even face the Undertaker until about six months after his debut! If you were to book this true to life as the WWF did, and have him multiple angles with Paul Bearer talking and where he attacks the Undertaker as well as the PPV matches he won along the way, I'm fairly certain by the time you got to Wrestlemania 14 he'd be about where you need him.</p><p> </p><p> Also, he didn't go over Undertaker at either WM 14 OR at Unforgiven, so he'd still be gaining pop those following months until he eventually faces Austin for the WWF Title.</p><p> </p><p> I think it would work just fine within the confines of the current game.</p>

<p>You have no idea what your talking about in Japan in the 80's or contracts at all. The first written exclusive contract was done by Jim Crockett Promotions for the Road Warriors and Paul Ellering in 1988. The problem in this game is if you set All-Japan and New Japan to National which is what they were as far back as 1980. The game allows these two promotions to sign all the workers. Which means that nearly all workers with name value will be signed by Japanese promotions.</p><p> </p><p>

Which is the reason I don't like the removal from the game. Yes, I know they are work arounds so some the biggest names don't get signed in the game, but that adds more work for the modder. Also all them workers you named signed touring contracts to work in Japan that how Japanese promotions worked in the 80's. </p><p> </p><p>

If you want create a real world mod yourself and find out how long it takes.</p>

Why would a company limit itself to only signing foreign workers for tours? Surely in the past foreign workers were brought in because they had name value, not simply because they were foreign? I'd happily have brought in The Road Warriors, Bruiser Brody, Stan Hansen etc. but there'd be no point bringing in someone like Barry Horrowitz or The Brooklyn Brawler (for example).

You have no idea what your talking about in Japan in the 80's or contracts at all. The first written exclusive contract was done by Jim Crockett Promotions for the Road Warriors and Paul Ellering in 1988. The problem in this game is if you set All-Japan and New Japan to National which is what they were as far back as 1980. The game allows these two promotions to sign all the workers. Which means that nearly all workers with name value will be signed by Japanese promotions.

Which is the reason I don't like the removal from the game. Yes, I know they are work arounds so some the biggest names don't get signed in the game, but that adds more work for the modder. Also all them workers you named signed touring contracts to work in Japan that how Japanese promotions worked in the 80's.

If you want create a real world mod yourself and find out how long it takes.

There was some wires crossed here on the main cause of contention, just an innocent miscommunication.

'Only foreign workers offered touring contracts' can mean two very different things.

Undertaker666 took alvarasus as suggesting that Japanese companies should exclusively sign foreign workers, on touring contracts. As in, only sign foreigners.

I believe what alvarasus meant was that foreign workers should only be offered touring contracts, rather than exclusive contracts.

Peace and love, y'all.

Sigh...why can no one have any complaints about something in the game without someone or several someones come crashing down on them on some spectrum of rudeness? This has been going on for years, and it is actually harming the game. Why?

Adam isn't a mind-reader, and it seems to me that he doesn't actually play the game very much (not sure how many creators actively play their finished games either so he's probably the norm). This means that if there is anything that pops up from regular long-term play, he's not going to see it if no one reports it. So, please list all the things that you wish were improved/tweaked/fixed or however you want to frame it, and please, for the love of everything, let people do it in peace. Disagree with their conclusion/suggestion? Make a CONSTRUCTIVE counterpoint.

Adam is taking the feedback to heart. He's already seriously tweaked the game when the 2 people that actually made good points about pop gain made their voices very loud and clear. It went way overboard and Medium TV is now utterly nerfed despite it being the most common max size for American TV, but it's better than everyone hitting Big on tiny internet.

As for the game itself, angles are completely broken/useless as the only suggestions I've seen in multiple threads to get guys gaining pop from angles is blatant cheating so that's seriously harming my desire to play the game. Pop gain makes no sense either, especially compared to how you could plan everything out in 2016. Now, it's "Will this match get the guy I'm pushing to gain any pop?" flip a coin. That makes long-term planning quite difficult.

It def took me a while to get into this version and at first i preferred the last version. however after about 6months in game i starting enjoying it a lot more.

there are things i dislike, but not enjoy to put me off playing.

my only thing that has ruined my current save is that i lost a big TV deal and no one will touch me for 12 months so i'm a bit screwed and cannot grow my product anymore. this does seem stupid that no one will touch me for a static 12 month period, this period should be variable based on my product / smaller broadcasters taking me on (for poorer financial deals)

its also crazy that i could pump unlimited money into my company via the editor, but cannot remove this TV issue