[RELEASE] CV97 / Cornellverse 1997 (Updated: 20th Aug 2021)

No-style style.

Anyone more familiar with the game than me that can explain this horrid show? I ran it 10 times and got the main event average around 88% but Sam even got a 91% match out of Homicide without any chem whatsoever. As you can see, no botches and the crowd was very hot. Pop is obviously where it starts. Sam might've lost a point on the way.

I know a normal match is better due to the road agent traits but it doesn't seem to make any difference ratings-wise. Locker room is very low at 44% but that alone shouldn't explain this lackluster rating. Selling is 78 for Rip, who logically did most of the selling.

Are you asking why your main event got a low rating? It's because of your low locker room morale as you said, those announcer penalties, and maybe crowd penalties if you didn't properly warm them up before the main event. All those penalties together with the one for selling is certainly enough to take a 5* match back down to 78.

It's also because the storyline for that match isn't hot enough.

It's also because the storyline for that match isn't hot enough.

Thanks. The warm-up was perfect, but I guess I underestimated how fast locker room morale can drop. After the event, it dropped to 40%, which triggered a roster-wide plummeting of morale, dropping it to 4%. I think I've hit the proverbial "game over" screen. :p

The storyline could indeed be a culprit as I kept the default storylines which are all over the place and it often triggers when it shouldn't.

Maybe we should create a topic for "What's going on in your '97 game?".

As HGC, I figured I'd create a performance center 'avant la lettre', but it was a mistake as I'm bleeding 3 million a month. I reduced it to 1,5 through switching to commercial TV in Canada, among other things. I figure I'll eventually run it to the ground, even after forcing everyone to work in my home region and just run the weekly show from there. Running house shows is a pure loss operation, even if you cut the eligible workers to 12 so don't do that unless you hit the ceiling. The skill gains aren't worth it. It's definitely possible to turn it around with what you're given.

My standard approach to locker room antics, the "soft" way, just doesn't cut it here. I figure you'd have to run it hard, or either just give Cobra/Viper and Mr. Valentine their release.

So I wouldn't change anything about the starting values, but everyone should realise that sometimes the starting money is not really your "budget" but rather your buffer. That goes for PGHW as well. It's probably too late for me, but I'll find work. :p

This is an extremely minor problem I noticed but I figured I'd let you know. PLATINUM & SILVER are in the database correctly, but there's also a duplicate team of PLATINUM & SILVER which consists of Pistol Pete Hall & Silver Ishihara which...tbf sounds like it would be an awesome tag team but doesn't seem like it's correct.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="d12345" data-cite="d12345" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="52467" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Are you asking why your main event got a low rating? It's because of your low locker room morale as you said, those announcer penalties, and maybe crowd penalties if you didn't properly warm them up before the main event. All those penalties together with the one for selling is certainly enough to take a 5* match back down to 78.<p> </p><p> It's also because the storyline for that match isn't hot enough.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It could also be match aims that are wildly inconsistent, even with world class workers. I've seen 90+ matches knocked into the 70s trying spectacle or epics matches to the point where I don't even use them at all.</p>

It could also be match aims that are wildly inconsistent

Yeah. I ended up trying the "Once in a lifetime" thing with a fresh HGC save (one where I actually pay attention to the locker room :p) and it bombed heavily. Like a regular match would've made a better rating 99% of the time. So better just to ignore them.

Everytime I play as a non-HGC company, the sheer horror of these antics just makes me try again with Hollyweird. XD

b80FqPS.jpg

It's like they're not even trying... Horrible, horrible booking.

I can't begin to grasp the stupidity of taping two shows, and showing the same main event on both. How bad can you book? And while we're at it, why not just remove Sam f'n Strong from the PPV. XD

It's true that any appearance will cost you about 200 grand, but - if anything - have him appear in the PPV then.

B4B you absolute beast! :eek:

I agree that they look great. As far as re-renders go these are very nice and (imho) capture the essence of the character in question, or at least the impression that I get from them, instead of randomly slapping together some random, good-looking renders.

I tend to use GIF's more often than not, given I book HGC with a lot of stables (well it IS Hollyweird :p), but I'll just smash them through remove.bg for that.

Derek, I'm having a blast with this iteration. I started a save as OLLIE and it has been bonkers fun so far. Really enjoying the 2020 changes with a familiar game world.

I'm still losing the battle for Mexico, but we are gaining ground. Marcos, Phoenix, Soul Taker, Mayan Idol, El Bandido are all really strong. I brought in Caras Collection to boost my main event stock as a lot of the crew are aging out. First Mexico, then the world!

It's been a really fun save, and I'm looking forward to starting HGC proper afterwards. Thanks for this mod and all the work that goes into it.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Fjall" data-cite="Fjall" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="52467" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Will this be the final version of this mod for now or is there another update in the works?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> There have only been some minor tweaks made to what would be a next version, nothing of any significance and as a result no plans to release another version for a while yet.</p>

• 3 weeks later...

<p>Thanks for all the work on this Derek. I will be downloading and running a long time scenario that’s been in my head for a while now, I will be letting the world develop on its own and then around June 2008 my user character will appear and we will see where it goes. </p><p> </p><p>

Just thanks again for all your hard work</p>

<p>Awesome Mod</p><p> </p><p>

First off thank you for all the work that gets put into this mod. Just got done with 1 whole year in the CV1997 mod. Took a sandbox approach as I'll drop in to add or take over promotions to shape this fictional wrestling world. For anyone interested this is how it's gone so far.</p><p> </p><p>

Pro Wrestling Amazon</p><p>

Started as a watcher with Ryan Aitchison until March when I started Pro Wrestling AMAZON (credit to the Thunderverse), a New England based women's sports entertainment promotion. Ended with 13 home region pop and $14,010 in the bank(up from 10 pop and $10,000).</p><p>

Katie Petronel won the Amazon Wrestling championship championship in November and has 1 successful title defense. Vixxen won the 1997 Queen Of The Ring Match (6-way singles match).</p><p>

Top matches in 1997 were Katie Petronel vs Raven Nightfall(30) in A Queen Of The Ring Qualifier match and Petronel vs a since retired Dixie Diamond(30).</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Second City Wrestling</p><p>

Started up in June with retired wrestler Ernest Mason based out of Chicago to add another American promotion outside of the east coast with a brawl based in ring focused product. Up to 12 home pop & $13,148(from 10 pop & $10,000). </p><p>

Vigilante Hawk has been 2CW Heavyweight champion since August 1997 with 3 defenses. Chris Storm(The Crippler) has been 2CW Light Heavyweight champion since August 1997 with 3 defenses as well. While Leon Williams & Lionheart Lawson (American Lions) won the tag title from Puerto Rican Power & Pecs (The Powerhouses) in December after their 5-month 1-defense title reign. Shawn Gonzalez won the All Out Rampage Brawl a 10 man mayhem battle royal in December.</p><p>

The promotion's top match is Tavare Loring defeating Jungle Jack(51) @ All Out Rampage.</p><p> </p><p>

WINNOW</p><p>

WINNOW was AI generated but I inserted Japanese female wrestler Nakumura Mahura as owner and signed up their initial roster and changed their schedule to almost weekly as their tour schedule was going to injure the women Pro Wrestling Amazon shared with them. They've been losing around $50,000 a month so I pumped them with $250,000 to keep them afloat.</p><p> </p><p>

Awesome Max Wrestling</p><p>

The trainwreck AMW promotion was the first company I used on the TEW 2016 version of the mod so when I saw Trenton Evenrud "went missing" in September 1997 I assumed a new player in AMW star Johhny Lawless as company owner and released Evenrud. I edited Los Deportes Hoy to accept an events deal after they had already lost their tv deal and then added a weekly show, AMW On The Road.</p><p>

The AMW Heavyweight jumped from The Rev To Mighty Thor, who I inherited as champ but then left for SWF and vacated it. Johnny Lawless then won and has been feuding with Corporal Doom who I cant get to put over Lawless so that feud has probably run its course.</p><p>

I inherited heel Giant Redwood & face Big Smack Scott as tag champs who won it from Ernie Turner & Darnell Harlow and have free bird ruled Morpheus as also a tag champ. I had Joel Kovach & Archangel win the titles from them in December after a 7-month 4-defense title run.</p><p> </p><p>

DAVE, HGC & SWF</p><p> </p><p>

Assumed control over all 3 of the USA's biggest companies at some point in 1997 as well. </p><p>

HGC</p><p>

Veteran & Independent Wrestler Of The Year, Rip Chord held the world title until August when Sam Strong begun his first reign.</p><p>

Ended with $18,064,000 in cash reserves up from $15,000,000.</p><p>

Added a B show to HGC and signed a bunch of workers to exclusives & handshake deals to give them a big roster.</p><p> </p><p>

As SWF, Company Of The Year, I created the internet subsription broadcaster, SWF World, after taking them over an realizing they lost a tv deal and they had 48 million the bank. I added SWF Elite as a 3rd show and sent their yearly training class to PDW & AMW who I established as development companies.</p><p>

Wrestler Of The Year Christian Faith(2x) has been champion since taking it off of Sam Keith(1/2 of Tag Team Of The Year) in June.</p><p>

The SWF North American title has jumped from Nemesis to Mr. Supreme to Rory McCallum(1/2 of Tag Team Of The Year) back to Mr. Superme (2x) to Sam Keith & then finally to Sean McFly(Young Wrestler Of The Year) by the end of 1997.</p><p>

The tag titles started with Perfect Storm to Pierce & Barstow(4x) and then back to Perfect Storm(2x).</p><p> </p><p>

DAVE</p><p>

Created The Midgnight Channel(TMC) to give DAVE a national tv deal and edited American Options to give them a PPV deal in order to speed up their rise although they have been losing money as a result including dropping from $500,000 to $132,000 by year end. I did get their loses down to around $4000 in the last month though.</p><p>

Signed up women to start a women's division along with other wrestler to expand their roster.</p><p>

The DAVE Extreme championship went from Johnny Martin(Aug 96 to Jun 97, 10 defenses) to Billy Jack Shearer(7 defenses so far). The tag titles are held by Elijah Black & Murdeous Mikey (Black Magic) after beating The Wolverine & 411 who had beaten them previously.</p><p>

And the year ended with Nemesis winning The Big Ball Drop Brawl @ DAVE New Years Revolution 1997.</p>

• 3 weeks later...
There have only been some minor tweaks made to what would be a next version, nothing of any significance and as a result no plans to release another version for a while yet.

Really loving this, as always, Derek. Just a heads-up for when you do go back to it - there are a few people whose pictures aren't assigned; I think it's because of accents or apostrophes in the name.

Cap'n Crush

Cheatin' Mike Barstow

Halcon de Sol

Maximo Energia

Really loving this, as always, Derek. Just a heads-up for when you do go back to it - there are a few people whose pictures aren't assigned; I think it's because of accents or apostrophes in the name.

Cap'n Crush

Cheatin' Mike Barstow

Halcon de Sol

Maximo Energia

That must be something in your settings, they are all set correctly and all show correctly at my end. From what I've seen of technical support, that may be linked to your language settings on your computer but that's not something I specifically know much about as I've never had issues in that regard.

Unrelated to the above, I've been doing lots of minor tinkering with the mod recently. No major changes but lots of little tweaks that I feel help to balance out the mod better by going through physical skills, camera skills, a little attribute tidying and any other small things I've noticed over time. Not sure when I'll release an update with these little changes but just wanted to let people know that I've been working on things. :)

That must be something in your settings, they are all set correctly and all show correctly at my end. From what I've seen of technical support, that may be linked to your language settings on your computer but that's not something I specifically know much about as I've never had issues in that regard.

Unrelated to the above, I've been doing lots of minor tinkering with the mod recently. No major changes but lots of little tweaks that I feel help to balance out the mod better by going through physical skills, camera skills, a little attribute tidying and any other small things I've noticed over time. Not sure when I'll release an update with these little changes but just wanted to let people know that I've been working on things. :)

Ahhh thanks, this is a fairly new laptop so maybe I need to change something! Just finished 1st year with the Zone, and brought The Explosion Kid back after SWF let him go. :)

**FULL UPDATE**

Google Drive Link (20Mb) - 14th March 2021 - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ux1fOPipEITqnuDNbLnEfKucHwnQqai3/view?usp=sharing - Version 1.02

As I said in previous posts, I've been working on todying up some stuff I noticed through some extended gameplay. Mostly been polishing up some little bits in attributes, tweaking some camera skills, tweaking some physical skills, tidying up the Halls Of Fame and Hall Of Immortals, added a few more broadcasters to address some balance issues... just a lot of little things that add up to a bit more polish overall for the mod. There aren't any real substantial changes and there are bound to be little things I've still missed, but I've been trying to keep on top of all the little bits of feedback to make it as good as I can.

It's also something I plan to use as the base for something else, which is the main reason I've been doing more little things to the mod to make it better. Saying that, I'm also taking a break from modding for a while so barring any minor things that need to be addressed with this update I'mm not planning to make any more updates. Keep the feedback rolling in though, the sims I've been running haven't been as long term or extensive with the changes I've been making, but the popularity changes made in patch 1.29 have been working great from what I've seen. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Really been enjoying this, thank you Derek and team.

In Feb 1998 with CGC. At medium sized on a small broadcaster with 67 pop in British Columbia making almost $200,000 a month for the last few months, $1.7 million in the bank. Looking at CBN as the next broadcaster to take the step up to but need to get pop in all areas up to 45 which is a big task. Launching a big commercial broadcaster in Canada is $5.25 million, I would probably be able to open that before I hit the pop levels with CGC for a broadcaster that exists. Even adding medium coverage in the US takes the total to $8.5 million. I'll have to see once it gets closer. I don't really want to start a second show, part of the fun of CGC are the small, one hour a week commitments.

Splendid Steve Flash has the World title, which he captured from Barry Bowen. Challengers are the DeColts, John McClean, Alexander Robinson, Eddie Chandler and Dan DaLay. Chandler is a heel, turning on the DeColts, and I believe is next in line for the title.

Tommy Cornell has the Quebecois title, previously the TV title, which he won from Morpheus. Challengers are Mario Heroic, Canadian Dragon, Rich Money and The Natural. Morpheus and Tommy will trade the belt again in my mind.

The veteran Edmonton Outlaws beat Soldiers of Fortune for the Tag titles for their first title win. Challengers are Poisonous (Joey & Wrath Poison), The Incredible Crash Dummies (Crash Dummy #1 [brent Hill] & Crash Dummy #2 [John Maverick]), Wiley Coyote and The Trappers (Jungle Jack & Big Tex). The Incredible Crash Test Dummies are next in line for the title. Been pretty unlucky not finding chemistry between many partners and can never commit to a full time team unless I do.

There is still peace with NOTBPW and 4C and I have a trading agreement. HGC just started broadcasting in Canada so I will hopefully be taking a few people who can gain overness in our area within the next game year. HGC bought a floundering DAVE, Johnny Martin is maybe my main realistic HGC target. Liberty and BLZ Bubb would be the dream.

Wishing entertainment skills would increase more quickly. Have had my upper mid carders in promos with the DeColts for half a year now and haven't seen much improvement. Feel like I'm forcing it some.

I'm not sure of Australian Options is set correctly in the database. Not a big deal.

Anyways, I'm just sort of rambling because I've finally hit a save game I really really love. Thanks again for all the effort and love.

<p>CGC are just the best. The one-hour wrestling show has always been my ideal. To book and to watch. </p><p> </p><p>

I just hit medium (Sep'97) and I'm strongly considering a second show. 30 minute B-show, all squash matches, with 4 episodes taped at a time. Feels like low commitment, especially as Title Bout Wrestling is taping two-at-a-time. I can't get on PPV, as Canada-1-Choice are full up with foreign promotions, but my main aim now is TV in Saskatchewan. I'm running several 'house shows' a month to gain a foothold. </p><p> </p><p>

Stunning Steve DeColt is still my champion and I'm out of challengers. Eric Tyler, Barry Bowen and Steve Flash have signed big money contracts elsewhere, and I can't bring myself to push the (non-DeColt) youngsters. Chandler, McClean, Maverick & DaLay need to age up a bit before breaking out of the undercard. But I'm running out of grown men to hire/push. Jon Jetson. Rocky Constantino. Flapjack Flanagan. I was all set to make Eric Tyler the champion, when HGC finally noticed his talents. I may need to turn Ed Monton.</p>

CGC are just the best. The one-hour wrestling show has always been my ideal. To book and to watch.

I just hit medium (Sep'97) and I'm strongly considering a second show. 30 minute B-show, all squash matches, with 4 episodes taped at a time. Feels like low commitment, especially as Title Bout Wrestling is taping two-at-a-time. I can't get on PPV, as Canada-1-Choice are full up with foreign promotions, but my main aim now is TV in Saskatchewan. I'm running several 'house shows' a month to gain a foothold.

Stunning Steve DeColt is still my champion and I'm out of challengers. Eric Tyler, Barry Bowen and Steve Flash have signed big money contracts elsewhere, and I can't bring myself to push the (non-DeColt) youngsters. Chandler, McClean, Maverick & DaLay need to age up a bit before breaking out of the undercard. But I'm running out of grown men to hire/push. Jon Jetson. Rocky Constantino. Flapjack Flanagan. I was all set to make Eric Tyler the champion, when HGC finally noticed his talents. I may need to turn Ed Monton.

That's a fun call on the half hour B show. I haven't booked a half hour show before, gonna see how that feels. I'd love to give some tag teams more mic time that I can't find on the regular shows.

I love the idea of a bunch of squash matches too, wish there was more local talent in British Columbia to grab for a one off but my area talent pool is thin.