Bad habits or mistakes you have made on TEW?

Just wondering about the more worrisome side of booking which is some mistakes you have made or bad habits that you continue to make.

For example, one of mine is that I tend to push new signings quite hard and always make them win. Sometimes I think it's better not to do this because I can blow potential future feuds, or overpush someone who I hired to be more of a lower midcarder or in some cases even lower than that.

Other less minor mistakes I've made in the past is not checking when someone is working a different show if they're on a handshake deal or if their priorities are with a different company etc.

Would love to hear some more discussion on this. :)

I can get set in my ways. I'm currently playing a CGC game that has gone from 1997 to 2003 and the annual schedule has been identical since the beginning. Hell, it's almost exactly the same as my first diary with the company that I wrote a decade ago. I should experiment with formats more. Drop PPV concepts. Add new ones. Go wacky. Shake the very foundations of the TV from time to time.

Same with road agent notes. One Storytelling. One Comedy on just before the main event. Main Event always goes 15 minutes + with a Slow Build.

I definitely get New Toy syndrome, where I hire someone new, and get REALLY into booking them... until the next new toy comes along and I forget about them.

Adding the wrong person into segments

Oh yes. Having Quentin Queen / Queen Emily and Jaylon Martins / Jay Chord on the same roster has led to some interesting segments.

That's not my only careless bookings. I've got a buffer of shows for my diary, so I'm yet to post my two misbooked Main Events. One of which was a PPV...

0nc6KqO.png

I actually have the opposite problem. I tend to try to keep my roster at the absolute minimum possible and use almost everyone on every show to make sure that no one ever gets angry about not being used.

It tends to make me burn through potential matchups very quickly, so I know I should probably give it a rest.

I accidently book one tag team in a match every week until I realize that I've put them up against every team and once they win the titles, it's just rematches from then on.

In my new AEW save, I don't book a wrestler in more than 2 matches per month unless it's a dark match.

I actually have the opposite problem. I tend to try to keep my roster at the absolute minimum possible and use almost everyone on every show to make sure that no one ever gets angry about not being used.

It tends to make me burn through potential matchups very quickly, so I know I should probably give it a rest.

That is what I am always afraid of doing so it leads me to do this...

0nc6KqO.png

No word of a lie, last night I was playing a save with a custom-made C-Verse company. The company just raised out of Insignificant to Tiny, so for the first time, I saw what you posted above.

My message said we need 16 active wrestlers on the roster in order to avoid looking amateurish.

It was followed by, As we have 50 at the moment, we are therefore safe.

I sat there dumbfounded as I stared at the screen. I truly did not realize I had fifty wrestlers under contract. Especially at the Insignificant level, but I did. I went in and counted and yes I have twenty-five fan favorites and twenty-five heels. Now don't get me wrong, I knew I had somewhere north of forty as I have been holding either a twenty or thirty man battle royal on the pre-card of every show in order to get everyone on the roster work.

But fifty! That shocked me. The thing is, I make over a thousand dollar profit on every show. The way I looked at it was, if I am making a four digit profit on every show, I can hire more workers.

Whenever I try to play as Japanese companies I always have a hard time remembering Japanese names. I am not sure why but they just do not stick in my head. Therefore, I often find myself booking the wrong person in a match because I got their name confused with another wrestler's name.

I can get set in my ways. I'm currently playing a CGC game that has gone from 1997 to 2003 and the annual schedule has been identical since the beginning. Hell, it's almost exactly the same as my first diary with the company that I wrote a decade ago. I should experiment with formats more. Drop PPV concepts. Add new ones. Go wacky. Shake the very foundations of the TV from time to time.

Same with road agent notes. One Storytelling. One Comedy on just before the main event. Main Event always goes 15 minutes + with a Slow Build.

I definitely get New Toy syndrome, where I hire someone new, and get REALLY into booking them... until the next new toy comes along and I forget about them.

So this IS Tony Khan's alt account.

I'm currently at 117 on the roster. I have a list of people I want to job and cut. I keep putting off the cutting part, and sometimes the jobbing part. Angles see their momentum stay high, which helps with ratings when putting them against my less experienced roster members. It's a vicious cycle, and I keep signing more.

Kurt Angle just came back from a stint in politics and so far I'm out-bidding WWE for him.

I buy every promotion going out of business and poach their rosters and belts, and then end up with way too many people, like many others here seem to do. I want to hire all of these people and give them a job and a chance to impress me, and I end up having half of the people in the game signed within short amounts of time.