[HYPE] The C'Verse 2023

Can't wait for this. There seems to have been a lot of progress made. Is this still expected to be ready at the end of Summer or will it likely be sooner? Also, have you done much work, if any, on future workers - as in YTD beyond 2023?

The CreeperGav led YTD mod Is being included (be characters are being reworked some where it is appropriate and stars are all being balanced). There will also be new YTD workers included. That is one of the last things in the list; however, as we want to focus on the active world first.

Lastly, my one question (or concern), are there parameters being put in place to make sure these local independents don't close after two years because they're losing a ton of money? I find this happens quite a bit with new companies even in the normal database. Also, to confirm they don't go outside of their purpose and start hiring big name wrestlers to huge contracts (thus causing them to lose a ton of money)? Maybe limit their hiring to a certain max popularity level, to ensure they always stay an independent and stick with lower-tier wrestlers? And will other small independents pop up in time?

Seriously, thanks again guys, looking forward to this mod!

We are doing our absolute best. There is only so much you can do from a finance standpoint other than giving people a lot of money to start — but we are trying to make sure everything is sustainable. That will be fine tuned more as we run tests once we get the data to a point where we are testing.

Based on some chatter I saw, and this could easily be wrong so feel free to correct me if so, the wrestlers from the 2020 YTD mod are included.

I feel like i saw that in the discord at least. Very easily could be wrong

You’re not wrong! The dataset also included the India mods and willrock’s women’s revolution mods to both add more women and give India a viable scene.

There has been balancing to the India mods (which were pretty balanced to begin with for a nascent scene anyway) and willr0ck’s mod was superb.

There have also already been several new characters added to the mod and more will be created as we continue to build the world.

Lastly, my one question (or concern), are there parameters being put in place to make sure these local independents don't close after two years because they're losing a ton of money? I find this happens quite a bit with new companies even in the normal database. Also, to confirm they don't go outside of their purpose and start hiring big name wrestlers to huge contracts (thus causing them to lose a ton of money)? Maybe limit their hiring to a certain max popularity level, to ensure they always stay an independent and stick with lower-tier wrestlers? And will other small independents pop up in time?

I think a big thing I've seen in the long term games I've played when it comes to small players is both amount of events, product, and broadcasters. Now this is all just speculation and/or just random thoughts as I've dabbled in modding, everyone here is WAY better then me lol, but if you take the vanilla game, Most little companies I've seen have a good head on the shoulders when it comes to getting a deal with WrestleWorld, but usually once they hit tiny, they ramp up production values and sometimes they just can't afford it, sometimes they can make a good money, especially if they have a good sponsor friendly profit to keep afloat, but they occasionally lose the TV and then its always a matter of getting it back for the AI to course correct. I think a bit think would be to offshoot this by limiting production value requirements or making the size requirement larger, I would also make the product focus more on events then on TV. In a long term save I have done, CZCW have done wonders by first going on Wrestleworld, then switching to OnDem (as have I), but CWW spent too much on production values and didn't get enough pop to stabilize the costs, and as such eventually went under. Just a suggestion from someone who only kinda sorta knows what he's talking about.

It is pretty common though, in real life, for small low level indies to go out of business after only a few years.

Thats true as well, in terms of the game I've been playing, I think too many of the American indies are "safe", or atleast rise too quickly.

THE WOMEN’S WRESTLING BOOM

Over the course of the last three years, women’s wrestling all around the world has experienced a proper boom. From the wild indies of Oceania to the action-packed mayhem of North America, women’s wrestling is finally getting the respect it deserves. Several promotions, new and old, now integrate or feature women’s wrestling. More all-women's promotions exist, across the world. There are more women in wrestling than ever before. Women from all over have begun their journeys, or are seeing out the end of their careers on highs never before thought possible. Getting the respect and admiration they deserve, the trailblazers of old are just as important as the greenhorns of the future. No matter the path, women’s wrestling is here to stay, and it is bigger AND better than EVER before. Gone are the days of women being a sideshow attraction, because these women are ushering in a real revolution - one where they stand side by side with the men.

THE WOMEN’S WRESTLING BOOM

Urgh, sounds stupid, what kind of idiot would waste their time improving women's wrestling in a fictional universe...

I know right? Gosh, what's actually wrong with us...

We should just push Tommy Cornell to the top of every company and have him hold all the titles and have a "battle of the greats" three-way feud with unretired Mushashibo and Bruce.

I say with those two because the other regions clearly aren't as important to the integrity of CV Lore like Japan, the good ol' USA and Tommy Cornell.

Oh you thought I meant UK was integral to the stability of the CV? No, just Cornell. The whole region is just Tommy Cornell. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Progress Update

• Work is still progressing on the mod. I spent several days on vacation with my wife so I didn't do much, but have gotten back in the swing of things since returning. CWA has been completed, as has one other Canadian company that shall remain nameless for now. I will be moving to EILL to complete the major companies which allows the independent scene to get more attention.
  • Work in Oceania has been going on, particularly adding new female wrestlers to create a women's company in Oceania/make Oceania have a viable women's division.
  • Work in Japan and the British Isles continues.

• 2 weeks later...

Progress Update

• Work is still progressing on the mod, albeit a little slower than before.
  • The entirety of Oceania has been outlined and planned out, with work being started on the entire area and progressing at a steady rate.
  • Work in Mexico, Japan and the British Isles continues.
  • More all-new workers (especially women) are being added to help populate their respective scenes.

• 3 weeks later...

Update

I wanted to give you all an update. Progress has stalled over the last month. My mental and physical health have not been great so I haven't really been active. With worki having started back up last week, I also have significantly less free time. The project is not dead or done, but work has really slowed down and I'm not sure what the current time frame is.

I appreciate all the support the project has received so far and I hope to be able to pick it back up and lead the charge on it again soon.

• Like 1

Update

I wanted to give you all an update. Progress has stalled over the last month. My mental and physical health have not been great so I haven't really been active. With worki having started back up last week, I also have significantly less free time. The project is not dead or done, but work has really slowed down and I'm not sure what the current time frame is.

I appreciate all the support the project has received so far and I hope to be able to pick it back up and lead the charge on it again soon.

Just seen this, sorry you're struggling man! Obviously health comes first so take care of yourself!

Update

Very excited about this but health always comes first! Hang in there and take care of yourself! Pulling for you!

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/21/2022 at 12:32 PM, CreeperGav said:

• More all-new workers (especially women) are being added to help populate their respective scenes.

Haven't checked this thread for a while, but I'm looking forward to it! If you need any renders for women, I'm more than happy to do some custom work or just give some of the extras I have laying around--just send me a message.

• 2 weeks later...

Update

So since I last updated, not much as been done in the physical file. On the surface, that can look disheartening; however, I've spent the month thinking about where I was so I can pick back up where I left off in Mexico. My plan over the next week or two is to pick back up and dig into Mexico (I had made some good progress) so I can finish the major part Mexico which will allow me to work on the rest of the NA independent scene (portions of this have already been done). I don't expect this to be fast, but I am looking forward to getting back to work on this.

• Like 6

Not to intervene, but there's definitely room for at least one more (even just male worker based!) company in Mexico, they have the strongest independent scene in the base game. 

This is just to say, excited what you come up with, these beefed up mods that build off of the default database are definitely my favorite.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...