New Forum Minor issues Thread

Yeah, it's only when you load the TEW2020 section separately. If you access it from the main tab it still works. I put a support line in with the tabs author (I just updated the latest version of Invision). If he doesn't patch it this week, I'll remove the tabs. But, I think the tabs add useful functionality for now (even with this).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Arlie Rahn Any luck with the awful mobile ads with sound? Even after closing them, the sound sometimes continues to play and it's very obnoxious and I find myself not even bothering to come to the site unless I'm home on my laptop.

Also, for some reason the forum blocks me from visiting when my VPN is active. I get the error below. It's only when I'm connected to the VPN. If it matters, I use NordVPN.

Untitled-1.jpg

56 minutes ago, Arlie Rahn said:

The VPN thing is a invision board thing - I'll look into it.

For the ad, can you message me with a screenshot of the ad? That could help in me identifying it.

Next time one of the ads hits me, I'll screen shot it. It's not every ad, so hopefully when I'm able to screen shot it we can get rid of the offender. I'll often be using my phone with ear buds in and the ad tends to come roaring in and stopping my music. Thanks for looking into this! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2022 at 12:51 PM, Arlie Rahn said:

OK, I'm working on this now and running some tests. I will get back with you once I am done.

My time on the mobile version has been limited lately due to work and I'm probably jinxing myself, but haven't come across any audio ads the last few days thankfully. Thanks for being so on top of things with the new forum layout. It's nice having a forum from this decade 😂

• 3 weeks later...

I tried to send a direct message to somebody on the boards but it said that this member cannot receive messages. I talked to @BigRoguey about it and he tried to send the same member a message and it worked, he sent me a message and it worked and I sent Rogue a message and it worked. Don't know why it's not working.

3 minutes ago, DAVEFAN95 said:

I tried to send a direct message to somebody on the boards but it said that this member cannot receive messages. I talked to @BigRoguey about it and he tried to send the same member a message and it worked, he sent me a message and it worked and I sent Rogue a message and it worked. Don't know why it's not working.

Can confirm, been able to do exactly what Dave was doing on the same browser and with the same user but I had no issues at all on my end.

I just realized I'm at 778% capacity for PMs on here. Started trying to prune but its not really slick at all. The list of PMs on the left side reloads each time I delete one and I can't quite figure out how to sort them effectively. Plus deleting a thousand PMs one by one is... not appealing. Beyond just cleaning out the inbox entirely, any option?

37 minutes ago, Bigpapa42 said:

I just realized I'm at 778% capacity for PMs on here. Started trying to prune but its not really slick at all. The list of PMs on the left side reloads each time I delete one and I can't quite figure out how to sort them effectively. Plus deleting a thousand PMs one by one is... not appealing. Beyond just cleaning out the inbox entirely, any option?

You can "tick" multiple messages and then delete them all in one go. When the forum changed over it took me a loooong time to remove the majority of them as I had PM's going back all the way to 2006!

1 hour ago, Undertaker666 said:

You can "tick" multiple messages and then delete them all in one go. When the forum changed over it took me a loooong time to remove the majority of them as I had PM's going back all the way to 2006!

THANK YOU. I figured there had to be a more efficient way to do it than what I was managing. You description got me rolling and I'm all "clean" 

• Like 1

Is it possible to have an ad free version again like the old forum?

Mobile ads are so annoying. They cover up the bottom bar of the forum so you can't even use it without closing the ad, which opens again a few seconds later. 

Theres also sound on ads that don't turn off when you close them. 

Or maybe a version just for mobile browsers with different sort of ad? I don't know how this stuff works anymore, but I like to browse the forum at down time at work, but just when I think the ads are done being obnoxious, another one loads. This is the only site I have this issue with. 

Edited by Jaysin

• 3 months later...

Hello! Just stopped by for the first time in a long time and stumbled into the new forum! 

Unfortunately wasn't able to recover my old account 'brashleyholland' - I tried to log in using the @gmail.com and @googlemail.com version of the email address linked to it, but neither worked and the reset emails didn't come through :(

Any chance of getting it back? No worries if not 🙂

On 1/15/2023 at 10:49 AM, Arlie Rahn said:

Let me see what options we have on mobile vs desktop. It seems most of the desktop issues have been resolved but there are still some mobile ones.

Still having issues with mobile ads having sound. 

On 5/10/2023 at 5:59 PM, brashleyholland1 said:

Hello! Just stopped by for the first time in a long time and stumbled into the new forum! 

Unfortunately wasn't able to recover my old account 'brashleyholland' - I tried to log in using the @gmail.com and @googlemail.com version of the email address linked to it, but neither worked and the reset emails didn't come through :(

Any chance of getting it back? No worries if not 🙂

I've had a look and the validation e-mail has been sent from our end, it's showing that it's awaiting a response. I've manually resent it. I'm also about to PM you with confirmation of which address it is in case there's any confusion over that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hello, I used to use the site a lot as Keefmoon but haven't been on since the site changes. I am being asked to log in with my email address and password but don't know either. I saw the suggestion was to create a new account and then asked for it to be switched to the old one, so I have this new account and I PMd Arlie a week ago asking if it could be switched but had no response yet. Is Arlie the best person to ask, or is there a better way of getting switched to my old account? Thanks for the help.

33 minutes ago, Keef said:

Hello, I used to use the site a lot as Keefmoon but haven't been on since the site changes. I am being asked to log in with my email address and password but don't know either. I saw the suggestion was to create a new account and then asked for it to be switched to the old one, so I have this new account and I PMd Arlie a week ago asking if it could be switched but had no response yet. Is Arlie the best person to ask, or is there a better way of getting switched to my old account? Thanks for the help.

@Arlie Rahn