New Forum Minor issues Thread

Good afternoon...hmmmmmm...what happened to my diary? It legit just disappeared in a puff of smoke.

EDIT: Nevermind. It was randomly shunted to page 2 with the older posts now reappearing. Let's see if any new issues have arisen.

EDITEDIT: IT'S ALL PERFECT! Thanks Arlie!

Edited by Dawn

OK, support just finished recovering all the missing posts. They did say that you may see a few duplicated posts. If so, you can delete one. I've checked 2-3 dynasty ones that didn't come over and they look good now.

At this point, all of the support tasks have been completed so you guys should have full reign to post and edit without worrying about future posts coming over.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, Arlie Rahn said:

OK, support just finished recovering all the missing posts. They did say that you may see a few duplicated posts. If so, you can delete one. I've checked 2-3 dynasty ones that didn't come over and they look good now.

At this point, all of the support tasks have been completed so you guys should have full reign to post and edit without worrying about future posts coming over.

I just checked my diary and saw that all the other pages have just appeared and converted (the pictures on the pages from 7 and earlier with visuals didn't convert, but I can edit them manually), so I got one thing to say about that - YEEEEE-HAW!  😃 🏆

• Like 1

Just wanted to thank Arlie and the support team for all their work... I'm normally not a complainer, but even I have wanted to complain about this process so I can only imagine everything they've had to put up with along the way.

I did notice that in my GAMMA dynasty thread, and the EXWrestling mod hype thread, that it duplicated the initial post. I'm not sure if this has happened to everyone or not, but seems like an odd quirk.

• Like 1

Yeah, that was the one negative is some early posts got duplicated. Basically, we were able to recover the entire thread but we had the initial post from the first load. The most efficient way was to just append it to that post. If you see that, just delete the one that isn't as converted.

We were also able to convert a lot of them. So, hopefully the forum is close to where we left the old server.

I will be keeping the old server up for another couple weeks - but my plan is to shut it down later in September. So, if you guys need something, make sure to grab it soon.

• Thanks 1

Found an issue:

The drag and drop image function heavily degrades image quality - but using an image link does not.

So while drag and drop is useful for quick stuff and jokes, you may need to get up some warnings to people using the site to share images for use in games. Otherwise people are going to be downloading degraded images and then uploading thme again later to share and further degrading and repeat.

Made a post here showing the issue: 

Edited by Kamchatka
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, falling_star said:

My forum avatar is pretty degraded from what was uploaded as well... I'm guessing Invision runs some kind of compression on images?

the forum only compresses jpg files as far as ive found, so if you save your avatar as a png first then upload that it will keep its crispness

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/9/2022 at 10:03 AM, flaviooooo said:

I seem to be missing my old diaries (in the Total Extreme Wrestling 2007-2013 Dynasties forum)?

For example: http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=523798

Strangely I believe I saw them here before, with the garbled HTML 

Did anything change or am I doing it wrong?

I see it in your post history, albeit with the garbed HTML: 

Edited by Dalton
  • Like 1

On the old forums I used to be able to post you tube videos with an embed code like this:

<iframe width="400" height="200" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Y-AvZz9DQ00" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That doesn't seem to work anymore.  Does anyone know how to do it on these new forums?

Here's the code (HTML):

<div class="ipsEmbeddedVideo">
    <div>
        <iframe allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" id="ips_uid_1120_16" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GZIMMjVfuJY" title="YouTube video player" width="560"></iframe>
    </div>
</div>

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...