KENKA Pro-Wrestling: Kick, Submission & Suplex

zzlQex4.jpg

POST SHOW REACTIONS

hfw2hoL.png Danjuro Kikuchi
„Oi! How can you so disrespectful to a legend like Yoemon, punk? You got pinned in the middle of the ring and still you're that arrogant? I need to teach you a lesson as soon as possible.“

xdCwJGO.png SUKI
„KENKA fans, it's SUKI. You should remember my name, have it in mind when you walk in the park, went to some grocery shopping and more - SUKI will be the difference maker here in KENKA and you'll find out very soon. “

0TGoGPG.png Mitsunari Fugunaga
„Who do you think you are? Sarumara, Akera - Fight me. I made you clowns both tap out, I own you clowns. Give me a real partner, a strong partner or give me those clowns in an one on one INSPIRE rules match. “

dGvpW5P.png Yasuhide Tayama
„Miyazaki-san, it's good to have you around me again. We ruled Golden Canvas Grappling together and we'll rule this place from now on. Everyone could see how I dropped Kato Morimasa on his damn head, and I'll do it again when I've got another crack at the self proclaimed "KILLING MACHINE".  “

• Like 2

EXCELLENT first show with way more storyline progression than I expected!

• Yuta Isono being a prick young boy is a great character
  • SUKI leaving BCG makes sense as he isn't loyal IIRC. Maybe he ends up with Miyazaki's crew eventually?
  • Miyazaki is an underrated worker in the CVerse, glad to see him get big shine after the main! Debuting at the end of the first show tells us you have big plans for him.

As always CGN, I look forward to what you do next with the new puroresu company!

• Like 1

zzlQex4.jpg

"You can lose fights, that's part of our job.."

sdwcMik.png sWXRWJn.png

It was one of the most embarassing moments of Morimasa Kato's long career as a professional fighter when "Coming Storm" Yasuhide Tayama dropped him on his head and pinned him in the middle of the ring. "You can lose fights, that's part of our job, our passion and journey. But it's different when you're trying to built a company and you're the one who's getting nailed on the head. It's embarassing for me and I want to settle the score as soon as possible."

Morimasa's partner on that very night was Masashi Urogataya. Uro wasn't amused with Shingen Miyazaki coming down the aisle just to take his head off with a devastating lariat. "That's not very honorable. Fight me one on one, fight me face to face but that was just a cowardly attack. I'll be on Morimasa-san's side and will fight with him to death."

Morimasa Kato announced KENKA's return to the Ryogoku Home Hall for the 14th of March. Card and talent announcement will come in the next hours and days!

• 2 weeks later...

spacer.png

MATCHCARD COMPLETE

oVzgrCc.png LtVqJdN.png PpBbxy8.png

KENKA will be back at Ryogoku in just a few days when they'll host their next show called KENKA VOL. 1! Some trouble started in February between multiple wrestlers and some of them have the chance to knock their rival out of this world on March 14. Morimasa Kato and his friend Masashi Urogataya will take on Shingen Miyazaki and Yasuhide Tayama in a real grudge match. Furthermore we'll see Sotatsu Sarumara and Mitsunari Fugunaga in an INSPIRE Rules match to settle things.

With Kuniyoshi Kawamura (Freelancer) and Tsuneyo Yanagimoto (EXODUS) two famous independent names will make their KENKA debut at Ryogoku. Kawamura, a former MMA fighter, will meet his former promotion ally Zeshin Makioka in a wrestling match while Yanagimoto will take on newly aquired KENKA warrior SUKI in a special singles match with a huge thirty minute time limit!

『KENKA VOL. 1』- March 14, 2022
Ryogoku Home Hall (Tokyo, Kanto) [Shogun TV]

1. Danjuro Kikuchi vs. Yuta Isono
2. INSPIRE Rules: Goro Hatamoto & Atsutane Akera vs. Wataru Kikumoto & Tornado Nagai
3. Kuniyoshi Kawamura vs. Zeshin Makioka
4. INSPIRE Rules: Chiyeko Kita 7RDilf4.jpg & Rina Kasahara vs. Maki Yoshifumi 7RDilf4.jpg & Asami Okubo
5. Special Singles Match: SUKI vs. Tsuneyo Yanagimoto zOlxZKW.jpg
6. INSPIRE Rules: Sotatsu Sarumara vs. Mitsunari Fugunaga
7. Yasuhide Tayama & Shingen Miyazaki vs. Morimasa Kato & Masashi Urogataya

Danjuro Kikuchi vs. Yuta Isono
2. INSPIRE Rules: Goro Hatamoto & Atsutane Akera vs. Wataru Kikumoto & Tornado Nagai
4. INSPIRE Rules:Chiyeko Kita 7RDilf4.jpg & Rina Kasahara vs. Maki Yoshifumi 7RDilf4.jpg & Asami Okubo
5. Special Singles Match: SUKI vs. Tsuneyo Yanagimoto zOlxZKW.jpg
6. INSPIRE Rules:Sotatsu Sarumara vs. Mitsunari Fugunaga
7. Yasuhide Tayama & Shingen Miyazaki vs. Morimasa Kato &Masashi Urogataya

• Like 1

1. Danjuro Kikuchi vs. Yuta Isono
2. INSPIRE Rules: Goro Hatamoto & Atsutane Akera vs. Wataru Kikumoto & Tornado Nagai
3. Kuniyoshi Kawamura vs. Zeshin Makioka
4. INSPIRE Rules: Chiyeko Kita 7RDilf4.jpg & Rina Kasahara vs. Maki Yoshifumi 7RDilf4.jpg & Asami Okubo
5. Special Singles Match: SUKI vs. Tsuneyo Yanagimoto zOlxZKW.jpg
6. INSPIRE Rules: Sotatsu Sarumara vs. Mitsunari Fugunaga
7. Yasuhide Tayama & Shingen Miyazaki vs. Morimasa Kato & Masashi Urogataya

• Like 1

1. Danjuro Kikuchi vs. Yuta Isono
2. INSPIRE Rules: Goro Hatamoto & Atsutane Akera vs. Wataru Kikumoto & Tornado Nagai
4. INSPIRE Rules: Chiyeko Kita 7RDilf4.jpg & Rina Kasahara vs. Maki Yoshifumi 7RDilf4.jpg & Asami Okubo
5. Special Singles Match: SUKI vs. Tsuneyo Yanagimoto zOlxZKW.jpg
6. INSPIRE Rules: Sotatsu Sarumara vs. Mitsunari Fugunaga
7. Yasuhide Tayama & Shingen Miyazaki vs. Morimasa Kato & Masashi Urogataya

• Like 1

zzlQex4.jpg

KENKA VOL.1March 14, 2020
Ryogoku Home Hall (Tokyo, Kanto) [Shogun TV]

r8WXxFe.pnghfw2hoL.png
Yuta Isono def. Danjuro Kikuchi (7:45)

Like last show Danjuro Kikuchi and Yuta Isono started the show, while it was a tag team match up last month tonight they square off in a singles match. Kikuchi was disgusted by Isono's antics towards Hirokichi Yoemon and so it was no surprise that he began the fight with some brutality. Despite being at a disadvantage, Isono managed to score a perfectly timed kick to Kikuchi's leg to prep his face buster which got him the unexpected win. With a sleazy smile on his face Isono left the ring pretty fast while Kikuchi punched the mat in anger.

INSPIRE Rules

KW61s5i.png
VuTO5eq.pngrfAezh7.pngLR6nqEk.png
Wataru Kikumoto & Tornado Nagai def. Goro Hatamoto & Atsutane Akera (9:21)

The two young guns in the match had their issues, right from the bat Kikumoto and Hatamoto slapped each other across the face, a bit of shoving and bad words were dropped between them. It's clear that either one wants to be the #1 young boy of KENKA's early days. Akera and Nagai, veterans of the game, tried to calm their respective partners on multiple occassions during the fight. Kikumoto would have the laugh when Nagai made Hatamoto tap to a rear naked choke to win the match for his team. The young boys had some shoving again afterwards.

My9ImAJ.pngPpBbxy8.png
Zeshin Makioka def. Kuniyoshi Kawamura (11:39)

Former MMA fighter Kuniyoshi Kawamura made his KENKA debut tonight against former promotion ally Zeshin Makioka and boy they delivered in a big exchange of blows. Kawamura, marked with a scar across his face, had no interest to waste time with Makioka, slapped him from left to right and could take a lot of damage, too. After a while the two combattans had a chop battle in which their chests went fully red, Kawamura laughed like a real mad man which initiated his loss. Makioka hits two belly to belly suplex' to get the win.

After the match Kawamura wanted to shake Makioka's hand, the latter returned the hand that's when suddenly „Animal“ Taheiji Konoe came down to the ring. Also a former WEXXV veteran himself Konoe smirked around, nodded to his former enemies and layed his hand onto the handshake. A new alliance may be born? Wrong! Makioka took a microfon and told Konoe that he needs to face him in the ring first before they'll become a group together. Konoe accepted the challenge!

7lL7bu9.png

INSPIRE Rules

OoI0lu9.pngFRgcNix.pngSAO9RPs.png39vRfth.png
Chiyeko Kita & Rina Kasahara def. Maki Yoshifumi & Asami Okubo (8:33)

Opponents last show, teammates this show. Chiyeko Kita was quite impressed with young Rina Kasahara's performance, so she took her under her wings for tonight. Their opponents were a pretty similar team with 5SSW's Maki Yoshifumi and less experienced Asami Okubo. The fans were eager to see Kita and Yoshifumi clash in the squared circle and when finally it was time to go, Kita scored with a quick hold to take on point away. Although Yoshifumi also got a point reduction for the opposing team it was again Chiyeko Kita who made Okubo tap to win the whole damn thing.

xdCwJGO.pngLtVqJdN.png
SUKI def. Tsuneyo Yanagimoto (14:27)

Prior to the match the fans at the venue, and the ones who'll watch the show at home, could see a VTR of the fight in which Yanagimoto announced that he signed an exclusive contract with KENKA, the analogy to SUKI is right here. SUKI had the power on his side while Yanagimoto tried to do many counter attacks to play out his more technical ability, further the former EXODUS wrestler is the much smaller guy. SUKI's raw power was amazing to watch, the fans went nuts when SUKI lifted Yanagimoto up the air with a gorilla press and hold him for like a minute or more. Yanagimoto also made some impression with the fans, getting a razor close nearfall. After all SUKI made his opponent tap out to the SUKI Special III.

INSPIRE Rules

3kHYGPT.png0TGoGPG.png
Sotatsu Sarumara vs. Mitsunari Fugunaga - Time Limit Draw (15:00)

Fugunaga was right when he said that he took off points of Akera and Sarumara and he technically never lost a point in their tag team bout last month. However a loss is a loss in KENKA, so Fugunaga was pretty upset and challenged Sarumara and Akera to singles matches. Said and done! The match started with some grappling, hold attempts but without any success on both sides. Fugunage copied his move from the last meeting with Sarumara, he kicked him to his face, went for a headlock and the "Armlock Wizard" needed the escape. To the surprise of the crowd Sarumara took a point off Fugunaga not with an armlock but with a leglock. Several attempts of pushing the opponent to the limit were blocked by either one, so the bell rang at the fifteen minute mark with an unsatisfying time limit draw. The first draw in the history of KENKA!

sdwcMik.pngsWXRWJn.pngdGvpW5P.pngoVzgrCc.png

Morimasa Kato & Masashi Urogataya def. Yasuhide Tayama & Shingen Miyazaki (19:14)

The VTR before the match made it clear: Tayama and Miyazaki are known as the Sengoku Murders from now on. Both teams made these dramatic entrances like it was normal back in ALPHA-1 and INSPIRE, they looked like a million bucks. The tension in the air was palpable when these four men collided in the ring, when the bell rang they immediatly started to hit each other with everything they've got. Both teams throwing bombs throughout the match, punched each other so hard to the face that Urogataya even began bleed after a bomb by Tayama to the eye.

It went a little bit dramatic when we reached the finishing sequence where Urogataya hits a backdrop suplex to Miyazaki onto the guardrail which took him out for the finish. „KILLING MACHINE“ Morimasa Kato got his revenge when he hits a dangerous knee strike to Tayama's head and immediatly followed with his choke sleeper to end the match.

Edited by CGN91
  • Like 2

zzlQex4.jpg

POST SHOW REACTIONS

sdwcMik.png Morimasa Kato
„That was pure fun and a relief. Choking him out and made them look like schoolboys was something, but this war is not done yet, I know. Miyazaki and Tayama will come back better than ever, they'll go to the practice board and will hit harder than ever before. You know what? I'm ready for them.“

3kHYGPT.png Sotatsu Sarumara
„I'll give it to you Fugunaga, you did a good job. You're a hell of a fighter, but you simply can't beat me. I failed too, I'm as dissapointed as you, because I couldn't beat you either. We need to settle the score as soon as possible, do you agree with me?

LtVqJdN.png Tsuneyo Yanagimoto
„This is what KENKA is all about, isn't it? They warned me. They said if I get out of my comfort zone I'll get dropped on my head, stomped to the back and get choked out. They were right, but you know what guys? I kinda enjoyed it. Let's see what the future brings to Tsuneyo Yanagimoto, right?“

My9ImAJ.png Zeshin Makioka
„Kawamura-san? I salute you, that was some fight, huh? Nothing but respect to you but I have to say one thing about him (Konoe). We know each other pretty well, I don't have anything against you but you come to the ring after I won a match and want to shake my hand? No dude you need to face me, you need to punch me right in the face, we need to bleed together and loose some teeth [..] Then we'll speak again.“

r8WXxFe.png Yuta Isono
„What did you say last month you idiot, huh? Don't run your mouth when you don't deliver again, aight? You pinned me, I pinned you but I think I'm done with you clown. Let's see what this old fart (Yoemon) can bring to the table.“

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

R6GyFKh.jpg

SENGOKU MURDERS

oVzgrCc.pngdGvpW5P.png
Ug76VCu.jpgmsWfzW6.jpgNK7WChd.jpg

We met Shingen Miyazaki and Yasuhide Tayama in a small restaurant in Shinkiba. The two former Golden Canvas Grappling fighters were not pleased with their recent performance against KENKA founder Morimasa Kato and his friend Masashi Urogataya.

„You know what? They fought like real men, I think I underestimated Urogataya to be fair. He took my chops like a real man, it's not over punk.", said Miyazaki. The duo were introduced as "Sengoku Muders" during the last show and they're not alone. Three unknown men took a seat nearby, gawked at us and we felt pretty uncomfortable immediatly.

„Congratulations, you've just met the Sengoku Murders.", Yasuhide Tayama told us like a hommage to a popular english football club hooligan firm. The Sengoku Murders are in KENKA to murder people, to butcher them all and raise some heads.

• 3 weeks later...

spacer.png

MATCHCARD COMPLETE

My9ImAJ.png 7lL7bu9.png 3kHYGPT.png

We'll see KENKA's first pro-wrestling only show next month at Shinjuku! The show will be broadcasted on Japanese Sports Vision 3, a digital option to watch sport from Japan for free similar to YouTube or other internet services. KENKA PURORESU VOL. 0 will feature some of the biggest names in KENKA!

Just as expected Zeshin Makioka and Taheiji Konoe will square off after their interactions at the last show. The Sengoku Murders dou of Yasuhide Tayama and Shingen Miyazaki have to face Morimasa Kato and Danjuro Kikuchi. Also Sotatsu Sarumara will face the big balded monster Sozen Ishinomori in a singles bout.

『KENKA PURORESU VOL. 0』- April 18, 2020
Shinjuku-REX (Tokyo, Kanto) [Japanese Sports Vision 3]

1. Wataru Kikumoto, Shuga Amano & Hirokichi Yoemon vs. Tornado Nagai, Yuta Isono & Goro Hatamoto
2. Azumamaro Shimizu & SUKI vs. Tsuneyo Yanagimoto & Masashi Urogataya
3. Sotatsu Sarumara vs. Sozen Ishinomori
4. Sengoku Murders (Yasuhide Tayama & Shingen Miyazaki) vs. Danjuro Kikuchi & Morimasa Kato
5. Special Singles Match: Zeshin Makioka vs. Taheiji Konoe

Thank god I'm back sooner than expected. Fingers crossed I'll be healthy from now on.

• Like 1

spacer.png

KENKA PURORESU VOL. 0April 18, 2020

dGvpW5P.png oVzgrCc.png msWfzW6.jpg

This has to be the biggest upset yet in KENKA history! Sozen Ishinomori appeared on the inaugral KENKA show in the opener of the show without striking the attention of the lockerroom until today. Ishinomori refused to shake Sarumara's hand and absolutely demolished the INSPIRE veteran, pinned him with a double handed choke bomb and put his foot on the chest to show real dominance. A side which Ishinomori never showed before but it made sense when the Sengoku Murders came to have their match in which the big balded monster backed them. 

The main event saw a pretty hard fought battle between former frenemies. Zeshin Makioka wanted to bleed together with Taheiji Konoe before he accepts an alliance with the latter and Kuniyoshi Kawamura and boy they bled together. Konoe was beaten after two devastating lariats, when the first one was hit Konoe wobbled but still stood on his two legs. After the match Makioka and Konoe shook hands just in time when Kawamura arrived. 

『KENKA PURORESU VOL. 0』- April 18, 2020

1. Tornado Nagai, Yuta Isono & Goro Hatamoto def. Wataru Kikumoto, Shuga Amano & Hirokichi Yoemon (6:23)
2. Tsuneyo Yanagimoto & Masashi Urogataya def. Azumamaro Shimizu & SUKI (12:42)
3. Sozen Ishinomori def. Sotatsu Sarumara (3:51)
4. Sengoku Murders (Yasuhide Tayama & Shingen Miyazaki) def. Danjuro Kikuchi & Morimasa Kato (10:21)
5. Special Singles Match: Zeshin Makioka def. Taheiji Konoe (19:30)

zzlQex4.jpg

POST SHOW REACTIONS

My9ImAJ.png Zeshin Makioka
„I told you last month we need to bleed together and we did. It's like we were bears [..] Bears like to fight, like to hunt and like to bruise some b*tches. Kawamura, Konoe, Makioka? We're bears. Ursidae..“

oVzgrCc.png Shingen Miyazaki
„Did you see the power of the Sengoku Murders tonight? Ishinomori over here is the first one of three who showed his face. Did you see what he did to Sarumara? Brutal, hm? I didn't bother with this punk Kikuchi tonight, I had my eyes on Kato. What'll come next for us? Let the big man [Ishinomori] destroy Kato.

eENyTZP.png Sozen Ishinomori
„SARUMARA???? I'LL KILL YOU AND YOUR FRIEND MORIMASA KATO.“

sWXRWJn.png Masashi Urogataya
„That was a tough one, huh? Yanagimoto? I was glad to have you as my partner tonight, you're an enrichment to the KENKA roster though. But I'll have to give some compliments to our opponents, SUKI is a freak. He has so much power, do you see my bruises here? That was him. To be the best I'll have to beat the best, right? SUKI? Let's dance at some point.“

VuTO5eq.png Tornado Nagai
„I'm pretty disgusted by so much arrogance. Hatamoto-chan fought like a real man while Yuta Isono flee from Yoemon-san more than he traded some punches in the middle of the ring. I don't know why he [Yoemon] didn't challenged him to a match yet but I will.“

• Like 2

spacer.png

MATCHCARD COMPLETE

vaw2rvx.png 0TGoGPG.png pUOoYMi.png

After KENKA Puroresu Vol. 0 it's time for the equivalent: It's time for KENKA INSPIRE VOL. 0! The show will also be held out of the Shinjuku-REX and also broadcasted by Japanese Sports Vision 3 for free on all devices. The event will only feature INSPIRE Rules fights.

We've got a grudge match in the main event when MMA star Atsutane Akera will face Mitsunari Fugunaga for his comeback fight. The two had their issues before, while Akera's friend Sotatsu Sarumara isn't ready to compete after the attacks of Sozen Ishinomori at the last show. Also KENKA welcomes to guest fighters when PGHW star and former Inspire fighter Hitomaro Suzuki faces his friend Tornado Nagai while SAISHO's Motoyuki Miyake need to overcome KENKA president Morimasa Kato.

『KENKA INSPIRE VOL. 0』- May 2, 2020

1. INSPIRE Rules: Goro Hatamoto & Masashi Urogataya vs. Wataru Kikumoto & Hirokichi Yoemon
2. INSPIRE Rules: Rina Kasahara vs. Asami Okubo
3. INSPIRE Rules: Motoyuki Miyake 3sBXhFJ.jpg vs. Morimasa Kato
4. INSPIRE Rules: Tornado Nagai vs. Hitomaru Suzuki LY6nvg1.jpg
5. INSPIRE Rules: Atsutane Akera vs. Mitsunari Fugunaga

45IEJWl.png

URSIDAE

PpBbxy8.pngMy9ImAJ.png7lL7bu9.png

Zeshin Makioka told us on multiple occassions that he needs to bleed together with his opponents and then we talk again. Said and done! The now former WEXXV & SAISHO veteran fought two hard battles with his former promotion companions Kuniyoshi Kawamura and Taheiji Konoe - Blood, sweat and tears all over the place. After his match with Konoe, Makioka said that bears like to hunt and bruise other people, the word "ursidae" was said from him. Ursidae is latin and means bears.

And yes there isn't a more fitting name for these three gentleman than bears. Kawamura, Makioka and Konoe are having fun inside the squared circle when they bleed, bruise other people and beat their opponents up to a bloody mess. Beware of the bear!

• Like 1

1. INSPIRE Rules: Goro Hatamoto & Masashi Urogataya vs. Wataru Kikumoto & Hirokichi Yoemon
2. INSPIRE Rules: Rina Kasahara vs. Asami Okubo
3. INSPIRE Rules: Motoyuki Miyake 3sBXhFJ.jpg vs. Morimasa Kato
4. INSPIRE Rules: Tornado Nagai vs. Hitomaru Suzuki LY6nvg1.jpg
5. INSPIRE Rules: Atsutane Akera vs. Mitsunari Fugunaga

1. INSPIRE Rules: Goro Hatamoto & Masashi Urogataya vs. Wataru Kikumoto & Hirokichi Yoemon
2. INSPIRE Rules: Rina Kasahara vs. Asami Okubo
3. INSPIRE Rules:Motoyuki Miyake 3sBXhFJ.jpg vs. Morimasa Kato
4. INSPIRE Rules:Tornado Nagai vs. Hitomaru Suzuki LY6nvg1.jpg
5. INSPIRE Rules:Atsutane Akera vs. Mitsunari Fugunaga

Could you give a quick rulebook on INSPIRE RULES?  Need a memory refresh