KENKA Pro-Wrestling: Kick, Submission & Suplex

spacer.png

Kenka (japanese) literally means brawling. A good brawl is what many fighters are looking for, a brawl between two combattans inside a squared circle surrounded by a rabid crowd, who wants to see some blood, sweat and tears. For now over seventeen years Morimasa Kato has seen it all: From being a young guy in the legendary INSPIRE promotion to one of the early cornerstones of the fast rising White Canvas Grappling organization, the „KILLING MACHINE“ had hard fights all over the country and stands for the term of „Kenka“. After leading his own stable in WCG, also called Kenka, and won all three Heavyweight singles titles Kato wanted something new in his long lasting career. A press conference was organized where it was announced that Morimasa Kato will transition into a part-time member of the WCG roster immediatly to focus on his own project called KENKA Pro-Wrestling.

Kato thanked WCG president Junnosuke Fukazawa for the opportunity to fulfill his dream with his own promotion. Kato stated that KENKA will be a mixture between INSPIRE shoot style rules matches and professional wrestling with having seperated shows as well as shows were both styles will be combined. The company welcomes all gender, sizes and nationalities, of course only if you're ready to step into the world of KENKA.

KENKA's inaugral event will take place on February 22, 2020 in Tokyo.

Edited by CGN91

zzlQex4.jpg

ROSTER

hfw2hoL.pngrfAezh7.pngsWXRWJn.png7V7fdLL.pngpAn6jrS.png
Danjuro Kikuchi (W/I) ~ Goro Hatamoto (W/I) ~ Masashi Urogataya (W/I) ~ Morimasa Kato (W/I) ~ Sotatsu Sarumara (W/I]

xdCwJGO.pngVuTO5eq.pngLtVqJdN.pngKW61s5i.pngr8WXxFe.png
SUKI (W) ~ Tornado Nagai (W/I) ~Tsuneyo Yanagimoto (W) ~ Wataru Kikumoto (W/I) ~ Yuta Isono (W)

R6GyFKh.jpg

oVzgrCc.pngeENyTZP.pngdGvpW5P.png
Shingen Miyazaki (W) ~ Sozen Ishinomori (W) ~ Yasuhide Tayama (W)

45IEJWl.png

PpBbxy8.png7lL7bu9.pngMy9ImAJ.png
Kuniyoshi Kawamura (W/I) ~ Taheiji Konoe (W) ~ Zeshin Makioka (W)

Edited by CGN91

zzlQex4.jpg

SCHEDULE

KENKA LAUNCH BATTLE - February 22, 2020
KENKA VOL. 1 - March 14, 2020
KENKA PURORESU VOL. 0 - April 18, 2020
KENKA INSPIRE VOL. 0 - May 20, 2020
KENKA PURORESU VOL. 1 - June 12, 2020
KENKA PURORESU VOL. 2 - June 14, 2020
KENKA PURORESU VOL. 3 - July 11, 2020
KENKA PURORESU VOL. 4 - July 18, 2020
KENKA INSPIRE VOL. 1 - August, 2020
KENKA PURORESU VOL. 5 - September, 2020
KENKA PURORESU VOL. 6 - October, 2020
KENKA PURORESU VOL. 7 - October, 2020
KENKA PURORESU VOL. 8 - October, 2020
KENKA PURORESU VOL. 9 - October, 2020
KENKA INSPIRE VOL. 2 - November, 2020
KENKA VERSUS THE WORLD - November, 2020
KENKA PURORESU VOL. 10 - November, 2020
KENKA PURORESU VOL. 11 - December, 2020
KENKA PURORESU VOL. 12 - December, 2020
KENKA VOL. 2 - December 31, 2020
KENKA - January, 2021
KENKA 1st Anniversary - February, 2020
KENKA - February, 2020
KENKA - February, 2020

Edited by CGN91

Welcome to the world of KENKA

New forum, new diary - I wasn't 100% sure if I would do another diary after the ROH one due to my working schedule is so heavily increased but I think going back to my beloved Japan could be a gamechanger for me lol. I hope I'll have fun, the readers will have fun so we can all be happy.

Anyway, I use the light skin which could be an important information. I don't know how the format looks like while using the dark skin. 

spacer.png

WHO'LL RUN KENKA?

After the first news broke out about Morimasa Kato running his own promotion, there was talk left and right all over the wrestling scene in Japan. Especially the whole aspect of doing shows with both INSPIRE shoot style rules matches and professional wrestling matches lead to interesting discussion in the world of japanese social media. On the newly created KENKA twitter account there was an announcement of who'll run the promotion.

Morimasa Kato, Chief Executive Director and President - No surprise here. The "KILLING MACHINE" held the very first press conference just days ago and will be the face of the whole project. Kato will be participate in both pro-wrestling matches as well as INSPIRE shoot style bouts.

Sotatsu Sarumara, Executive Director - The 44 year old "Armlock Wizard" is one of Kato's closest associate's in the business and also a former INSPIRE fighter. Sarumara will also be in both pro-wrestling matches and INSPIRE shoot style fights.

Tadiyuki Kikkawa, Chief Technical Officer - The legend himself, the man who caused an earthquake several years ago by creating INSPIRE. Kikkawa will be the chief technical officer of KENKA and also the head of talent relations. Kikkawa knows exactly what type of people can be in a dangerous atmosphere like KENKA is.

7V7fdLL.png pAn6jrS.png sbLUndY.png

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone for their feedback! I appreciate it.

14 hours ago, The Blonde Bomber said:

So this is a continuation of the WCG DIARY then? Either way I’m signed up!!! If it is a continuation of WCG I’d love to know what’s going on with them? Is there a working agreement or something?

Nah it's not. I just used the backstory of Kato with White Canvas Grappling because I thought it's a cool thing to do. :)

spacer.png

INAUGRAL ROSTER

To have proper shows you need some wrestler in your roster. KENKA announced a list of their inaugral roster members on their website, people who are marked with a "W" are doing regular pro-wrestling matches while wrestler with an "I" are also working INSPIRE rules shoot style matches. All roster members were freelancer or unemployed before signing with KENKA except Zeshin Makioka - KENKA acquired Makioka's SAISHO contract, which would have been expired shortly. 

• Danjuro Kikuchi (24 - W)
  • Goro Hatamoto (20 - W/I)
  • Masashi Urogataya (31 - W/I)
  • Morimasa Kato (35 - W/I)
  • Sotatsu Sarumara (44 - W/I)
  • Tornado Nagai (37 - W/I)
  • Wataru Kikumoto (21 - W/I)
  • Yasuhide Tayama (38 - W)
  • Yuta Isono (21 - W)
  • Zeshin Makioka (33 - W)
Edited by CGN91

spacer.png

FIRST MATCHCARD COMPLETE

vaw2rvx.png 8GWBYd1.png 8QRpfsp.png

The first matchcard was announced just minutes ago! The debut show of KENKA will be held at the Ryogoku Home Hall in the heart of Tokyo and it also will be shown on Shogun TV with a little delay. After announcing a bunch of signings for their inaugral roster, KENKA's very first show will also host a couple of wrestler who'll work as guests and/or freelancer in their shows. Big Canvas' SUKI, 5 Star Supreme's Chiyeko Kita and Pride Glory Honor's Tsurayuki Kamachi are going to compete in Ryogoku. 

A big surprise is the appereance of MMA star Atsutane Akera. The former ALPHA-1 Middleweight World Champion will team up with Sotatsu Sarumara to take on Mitsunari Fugunaga and Goro Hatamoto in an INSPIRE Rules match. Speaking of INSPIRE Rules: The combatans will start with 5 points each, points will be lost for knockout attempts, being at a disadvantage during a hold or for breaking the hold by reaching for the ropes.

『KENKA LAUNCH BATTLE』- February 22, 2022
Ryogoku Home Hall (Tokyo, Kanto) [Shogun TV]

1. Sozen Ishinomori & Danjuro Kikuchi vs. Yuta Isono & Hirokichi Yoemon
2. INSPIRE Rules: Oda Yakuta vs. Wataru Kikumoto
3. Azumamaro Shimizu vs. SUKI s2rZ1Gv.jpg
4. INSPIRE Rules: Chiyeko Kita 7RDilf4.jpg vs. Rina Kasahara
5. INSPIRE Rules: Sotatsu Sarumara & Atsutane Akera vs. Mitsunari Fugunaga & Goro Hatamoto
6. Zeshin Makioka, Yasuhide Tayama & Tsurayuki Kamachi LY6nvg1.jpg vs. Morimasa Kato, Masashi Urogataya & Tornado Nagai

2. INSPIRE Rules: Oda Yakuta vs. Wataru Kikumoto
3. Azumamaro Shimizu vs. SUKI 
4. INSPIRE Rules: Chiyeko Kita  vs. Rina Kasahara
5. INSPIRE Rules: Sotatsu Sarumara & Atsutane Akera vs. Mitsunari Fugunaga & Goro Hatamoto
6. Zeshin Makioka, Yasuhide Tayama & Tsurayuki Kamachi  vs. Morimasa Kato, Masashi Urogataya & Tornado Nagai

4. INSPIRE Rules: Chiyeko Kita 7RDilf4.jpg vs. Rina Kasahara
5. INSPIRE Rules: Sotatsu Sarumara & Atsutane Akera vs. Mitsunari Fugunaga & Goro Hatamoto
6. Zeshin Makioka, Yasuhide Tayama & Tsurayuki Kamachi LY6nvg1.jpg vs. Morimasa Kato, Masashi Urogataya & Tornado Nagai

6. Zeshin Makioka, Yasuhide Tayama & Tsurayuki Kamachi  vs. Morimasa Kato, Masashi Urogataya & Tornado Nagai

1. Sozen Ishinomori & Danjuro Kikuchi vs. Yuta Isono & Hirokichi Yoemon
2. INSPIRE Rules: Oda Yakuta vs. Wataru Kikumoto
3. Azumamaro Shimizu vs. SUKI 
5. INSPIRE Rules: Sotatsu Sarumara & Atsutane Akera vs. Mitsunari Fugunaga & Goro Hatamoto
6. Zeshin Makioka, Yasuhide Tayama & Tsurayuki Kamachi  vs. Morimasa Kato, Masashi Urogataya & Tornado Nagai

Really excited to see how this turns out! How are you doing the shoot rules fights? (Or are they "shoot rules" in the worked shoot sense?)

6. Zeshin Makioka, Yasuhide Tayama & Tsurayuki Kamachi LY6nvg1.jpg vs. Morimasa Kato, Masashi Urogataya & Tornado Nagai

1. Sozen Ishinomori & Danjuro Kikuchi vs. Yuta Isono & Hirokichi Yoemon (I've always loved Kikuchi for some reason!)
6. Zeshin Makioka, Yasuhide Tayama & Tsurayuki Kamachi  vs. Morimasa Kato, Masashi Urogataya & Tornado Nagai

0OnYyF7.png

SHOOT STYLE WRESTLING

When you hear about shoot style wrestling everyone in the wrestling world will say "INSPIRE". While INSPIRE was the biggest hybrid wrestling promotion in the world, the promotion wasn't the creator of the very special style of professional wrestling. 

In the 1970s martial artist Ichiro Hagiwara was influenced by many martial arts sports like catch wrestling, greco-roman wrestling and others which he teached in his dojo in Nishinomiya (Hyogo prefecture of Kansai). Hagiwara and his main protegé Nobunaga Endou were the most important figures in the development process of shoot wrestling. The two taught their style of shoot wrestling based on hooking and shooting to the later popular mma fighters like Kunimichi Kikuchi (inaugral ALPHA-1 Heavyweight titleholder), Fumiaki Hayashi or Go Yamamoto. One of Hagiwara's students would become maybe the most popular wrestler all over Japan: Tadiyuki Kikkawa.

Kikkawa would later found the short-lived Inspire Diversity Group International, which was definitely inspired of Hagiwara's teaching in his dojo in Nishinomiya. While INSPIRE had his problems to compete with the real fighting company ALPHA-1 and the traditional pro-wrestling companies like Burning Hammer or Pride Glory Honor Wrestling, KENKA could fill the niche INSPIRE had left wide open during their demise in 2009. MMA and ALPHA-1 isn't nowhere near popular like they were in the 1990s and the traditional wrestling landscape isn't the same anymore since the bankruptcy of Kikkawa and his shoot wrestling friends.

zzlQex4.jpg

KENKA LAUNCH BATTLEFebruary 22, 2020
Ryogoku Home Hall (Tokyo, Kanto) [Shogun TV]

eENyTZP.pnghfw2hoL.pngr8WXxFe.pngbk2Nolf.png
Sozen Ishinomori & Danjuro Kikuchi def. Yuta Isono & Hirokichi Yoemon (9:34)

KENKA kick things off with a pro-wrestling match between some interesting competitors. Yuta Isono teams with Inspire veteran Hirokichi „Strong Style“ Yoemon while KENKA man Danjuro Kikuchi has big Sozen Ishinomori on his side. Despite being the least experienced in this fight, Yuta Isono had no interest to listen to his partner Yoemon and that caused some major troubles during the fight. Of course it was Isono himself who was pinned after a penalty kick by Danjuro Kikuchi, but it was far from over. Isono shoved Yoemon, the old man shoved back and slapped him across the fight and turned his back on Isono. A mistake! Isono attacked Yoemon from behind, Kikuchi made the save.

INSPIRE Rules

jNw70yU.pngKW61s5i.png
Oda Yakuta def. Wataru Kikumoto (0:56)

The first ever INSPIRE rules fight was held between Inspire vet Oda Yakuta and the young boy Wataru Kikumoto who started the fight with a big fighting spirit heart. He attacked Yakuta immediatly with a high knee attack, therefore Yakuta lost his first of five points to the surprise of the crowd. But just seconds later Kikumoto was too greedy and got caught with a right shotei to the face and clipped with a rollup takedown with a front choke. The young man tapped and the match was over in just under a minute. What an eventful first minutes of INSPIRE rules!

xdCwJGO.pngHWV284K.png
SUKI def. Azumamaro Shimizu (10:31)

A real showcase match upcoming when Black Canvas Grappling's SUKI meets freelancer Azumamaro Shimizu. SUKI gained control pretty fast in the opening minutes, using his power to take the fight to the mat where Shimizu got the upperhand and nearly locked in early his figure four necklock to the surprise of SUKI. The latter started to brutalize Shimizu all over the place, chopped him red in the corner and threw him outside of the ring. The sound of Shimizu's body hitting the floor was a sickening splat. SUKI applied the SUKI Special III later and won the match in a pretty strong fashion.

Afterwards SUKI took a microfon and announced that his BCG contract was bought out from KENKA and he'll from now be a KENKA warrior.

INSPIRE Rules

OoI0lu9.pngFRgcNix.png
Chiyeko Kita def. Rina Kasahara (6:55)

Although Inspire didn't have any women fighting back in the day, KENKA is keen to let women fight at their shows and are proud to feature them. With 5SSW star Chiyeko Kita a real mma influenced woman took on young Rina Kasahara, who caught an eye of several promotions in the last few months. Kasahara got the power advantage over Kita, however the latter is a devious technician. Kita took Kasahara to the ground and let the 21 year old no chance but to tap to a choke sleeper.

INSPIRE Rules

LR6nqEk.png3kHYGPT.png0TGoGPG.pngrfAezh7.png
Atsutane Akera & Sotatsu Sarumara def. Goro Hatamoto & Mitsunari Fugunaga (15:44)

The crowd made some noise when Akera's famous theme started and the former ALPHA-1 champ came down the aisle. Of course the huge ovation caused some troubles with opponent Mitsunari Fugunaga, a ruthless and no-bs type of veteran, started the match with Akera and with just a few minutes in he upsets Akera with a leg hook, the latter reached the rope and his team lost a point. Fugunaga craved for more, starts slapping his opponents and beign a disrespectful prick. To the surprise of the crowd Fugunaga scored another attempt when he kicked Sarumara to the face, another point gone for Sarumara and Akera. Things did not cool off even though Goro Hatamoto was tagged in. The latter was demolished by Atsutane Akera in brutal fashion with a heel hook, he reached the ropes to get a point reduced. Just minutes later Hatamoto was again the centerpiece of the action when Sarumara applied his mounted arm lock for the win. While Hatamoto shook hands with the winner team, Fugunaga was furious about losing the match although he was the man behind the two lost points for the winning team.

My9ImAJ.pnghRRqijP.pngdGvpW5P.pngsWXRWJn.pngVuTO5eq.pngsdwcMik.png

Zeshin Makioka, Tsuruyaki Kamachi & Yasuhide Tayama def. Morimasa Kato, Masashi Urogataya & Tornado Nagai (18:51)

First ever main event in the history of KENKA was a real slugfest between big boys. While Tayama and KENKA founder Morimasa Kato had a striking battle all around the venue, Zeshin Makioka and Masashi Urogataya's meetings were probably another level. Those chops were defeaning to say at least. Of course the remaining two also had their personal issues, which had their roots already back in Inspire, so we had a pretty interesting cocktail of a match here. When Tayama started beating up Kato, a mega brawl erupted and the chaos reached it's pinnacle. In the turmoil „Coming Storm“ Yasuhide Tayama had the best vision and scored a huge victory over Morimasa Kato with a backdrop driver.

Just moments after their victory former GCG wrestler Shingen Miyazaki came down to the ring to confront his former promotion ally Yasuhide Tayama. While Urogataya helped KENKA boss Morimasa Kato, Miyazaki faked an attack on Tayama, instead he took Urogataya's head off with a devastating lariat. Is this the creation of the first fierced group in KENKA?

oVzgrCc.png

Edited by CGN91
  • Like 5