Real world data (ORC) released

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lets finish 'em first eh? Or atleast start them! EDIT: Well there is good news and bad news concerning this mod! Firstly the bad news is you are going to have to wait a while for the completed data, the good news is i have ditched the idea of just doing WWE guys in favour of using wikipedia and obssesed with wrestling as a reference and im gonna try and do the majority of the database. I'm not sure weather to make the odd release so you all have something to play or to leave it till i am finished. However when it is released it will have a new screen/graphics pack with it which i have started on.

[QUOTE=panix04]lets finish 'em first eh? Or atleast start them! EDIT: Well there is good news and bad news concerning this mod! Firstly the bad news is you are going to have to wait a while for the completed data, the good news is i have ditched the idea of just doing WWE guys in favour of using wikipedia and obssesed with wrestling as a reference and im gonna try and do the majority of the database. I'm not sure weather to make the odd release so you all have something to play or to leave it till i am finished. However when it is released it will have a new screen/graphics pack with it which i have started on.[/QUOTE] Don't forget [url]http://www.deathvalleydriver.com/bbbowm/bbbowm.htm[/url] it's an invaluable source for moves and description of moves, it even lists wrestler's signature moves, albeit a little outdated.

that will probably help for workers who have finishing moves with no explanation. This is gonna take a long time mind you, i have about 12 done at the moment! Oh well, when im finished this mod well hopefully be as playable as DOTT - well i can dream cant i?

[QUOTE=panix04]that will probably help for workers who have finishing moves with no explanation. This is gonna take a long time mind you, i have about 12 done at the moment! Oh well, when im finished this mod well hopefully be as playable as DOTT - well i can dream cant i?[/QUOTE] Don't give up panix, I believe in you!

ok people, there are plenty of people who want to see this happen and doing it all by myself is going to take a long, long time. Now basically there are 1400 + workers and we want a moveset for as many of them as possible right? What i am suggesting is that i get a group of us together and everyone takes a couple of letters and then has a couple of weeks to do as many of the movesets for people who's name begins with those letter as possible. If everyone who wants to see the mod with movesets for most of the workers chips in it could literally be done in a couple of weeks! Now at the moment i have one person helping me out (thank you shocking stuff, your a ledge) with 2 people working on it, it is going to be a long time before you have a real life mod with proper movesets, but if some of you can spare a bit of time than please volunteer! Remember many hands make light work! Just look at how good TCP's original mod was when people chipped in and helped. Come on people, lets get this mod done! On a side note if you can help out i will go through with you the system im using to create movesets.

Well, as Ollie seems to have dropped off the planet, I'll be happy to supply you with my CV Move Data conversion. I'd honestly be done with it by now if I hadn't bought the game Monday and wanted to actually play it for a little bit. ;) I intended to create blocks of moves based off the BBOWM after I finished the conversion that could be imported into it that would've been exclusive to Ollie's data, but with him being seemingly gone, I'll offer that to you as well. I'll even do moves on commission, if you have a list of them that need made. I think I have a fairly strong grasp of how moves work now. Regarding Movesets, I'm pretty sure they can't be imported. Perhaps start a "ORC Official Moveset Thread" thread? Save this thread for non-moveset related posting?

damn, just tried the moveset importing thing and it cant be done! I guess that stands to reason really, it would probably cause problems if you tried imprting movesets that didnt have the appropriate moves made for them. This leaves me with a dilemna on what approach to take. Firstly i dont think i am going to be able to use your data Vladamire, at the moment all the workers are linked to a generic moveset and i have been told not to overwrite the moves/movesets in the folder as this can cause problems. I know you have put a lot of work in that i probably cant use (unless you see a way that we could use it?) if we cant use it though i would still really appreciate your assistance with finishing the mod. This is my idea with how to proceed. We all work off one central database, as in the files i have at the moment. There are 3 people who have offered to help, 4 if i include you vlad. I was thinking we take it in turns to enter movesets for workers, we each keep the current data for 3 days and try to do as many as we can in that time. If you aim to cover one letter i.e all the people whos name begins with A. before you pass it on the project will take less than 3 months and because the is 4 of us working on it essentially you spend 3 days modding than you have 9 days break so it doesn't seem like such a chore! Shocking stuff has the data at the moment and is working from Z-A so if he emails the files to the next person in a couple of days we can start the ball rolling. What do you guys think? If anyone has alternative ideas i am open to them!

Easy enough problem to fix, as I have kept very detailed notes on the changes I made on my own data, It is pretty much the same thing you did with ORC's move data, except I renamed some of the CV signature moves that had real life counterparts with generic names (and descriptions when needed). I also renamed a couple of normal moves for easier reference or taste (Backbreaker to Over The Knee Backbreaker, the Madman moves to Cactus moves) and took a bunch of CV signature Finisher level moves that that lower level generic counterparts (like Powerbomb or DDT) and created a pair of generic sets called "Mainevent" (after Mainevent Sleeper) and "Devastating" so these moves could be copied to make Finishers by Mod creatiors (Devastating Powerbomb can be used to make Jackknife Powerbomb, for example) and so players would have more choices on Finisher level moves for RtL characters. It'd be easy enough to Import the data I've edited while deleting any of the CV data out of ORC's move data that remains (like Vanity Bonfire) when I have it. And yes, I'd be pleased to help with the movesets as well. Just sign me up to be next in line to get it (you can mail it to: Steelabjur{AT}AOL{DOT}com) so I can do the converting before too many movesets are made. it'd probably be good to CC the data back to you, Panix, as we ship it between us, so if anything happens while one of us have it, all our work isn't lost to the void. It'd probably be good to still have a thread dedicated to our moveset work too, so those interested can see what we've added/finished and give advice/suggestions on it. Keep the community feeling like they're helping even if they can't do stats or movesets or the like themselves for whatever reason.

your a legend Vlad! I will make sure shocking stuff emails you the files when hes finished his 'stint' i really think the rotation idea will make the whole process less of a drag. And i really believe we can get this done within 2 or 3 months, by which time my wrespi2 screens should be done!

it sure does, you are the man TCP! As for a list of move pics needed i will get it off to ya asap, the bad news is that shocing stuff may not be able to help out with the movesets after all, he is finding it all a little bit complicated

Archived