NWF: Disrupting The Market

Edison Silva w/ Mo Adebola

High Society (Byron, Dylan Drama & Joey Beauchamp)

JK Lee (C)

The Northern Lights (C)

'The Springbok' Landon Mallory (C)

Bonus Questions:

1. What will the overall rating of the show be? (two points for spot on, one point for 2 either side) 59

2. How many titles will change hands at For Queen And Country? (maximum of 3) 1

• Like 1

Winner Represents England at the Cruiserweight World Cup: Leighton Buzzard vs Edison Silva w/ Mo Adebola

Dangermouth, Darin Flynn & Evan Alpass vs High Society (Byron, Dylan Drama & Joey Beauchamp)

NWF Cruiserweight Title: Jase Cole vs JK Lee (C)

NWF British Tag Team Titles: The Foundation vs The Northern Lights (C)

NWF British Heavyweight Championship: 'The Springbok' Landon Mallory (C) vs 'Big Mac' Nathan McKenzie

1. What will the overall rating of the show be? 65

2. How many titles will change hands at For Queen And Country? 0

• Like 1

Winner Represents England at the Cruiserweight World Cup: Leighton Buzzard vs Edison Silva w/ Mo Adebola

Dangermouth, Darin Flynn & Evan Alpass vs High Society (Byron, Dylan Drama & Joey Beauchamp)

NWF British Heavyweight Championship: 'The Springbok' Landon Mallory (C) vs 'Big Mac' Nathan McKenzie

Bonus Questions:

1. What will the overall rating of the show be? (two points for spot on, one point for 2 either side) 65

2. How many titles will change hands at For Queen And Country? (maximum of 3) 0

• Like 1

I think a big upset is possible. The Network and Silva/Adebola won't be facing in matches but a revenge interference from The Network isn't out of the question, is it? 

Not sure about this but High Society is a faction and the babyface trio is just a temporary alliance.

Come on! No way!

Probably I'm heading for a massive blow in this prediction.

NWF British Heavyweight Championship: 'The Springbok' Landon Mallory (C) vs 'Big Mac' Nathan McKenzie

Come on Landon!

Bonus Questions:

1. What will the overall rating of the show be? (two points for spot on, one point for 2 either side) 71

2. How many titles will change hands at For Queen And Country? (maximum of 3) 1

Any other comments/questions on the diary: I don't like The Force, at least as a babyface tag team, but maybe it's only my personal preference. However I can see a good hardcore match between The Force and State Of Mind at some point, I'd be supporting the heels obviously. They'd put their lasers up their a...

• Like 1

While I want Leighton to win I feel like Edison is too high on the pecking order to lose to Leighton without shenanigans.

I feel that Dylan Drama can eat the pin and considering my other guesses the faces could use the win.

Sorry Jase the force is not with you tonight.

The Foundation is good, but I don't see The Network losing their gold quite yet.

No way is The Springbok losing his first big event title defense.

Bonus Questions:

1. What will the overall rating of the show be? (two points for spot on, one point for 2 either side) 68

2. How many titles will change hands at For Queen And Country? (maximum of 3) 0

Any other comments/questions on the diary: I am a big fan of your storytelling, and I am already hyped for the Cruiserweight World Cup.

• Like 1

Bonus Questions:

1. What will the overall rating of the show be? (two points for spot on, one point for 2 either side)

2. How many titles will change hands at For Queen And Country? (maximum of 3)

• Like 1

Winner Represents England at the Cruiserweight World Cup: Leighton Buzzard vs Edison Silva w/ Mo Adebola

Dangermouth, Darin Flynn & Evan Alpass vs High Society (Byron, Dylan Drama & Joey Beauchamp)

NWF Cruiserweight Title: Jase Cole vs JK Lee (C)

NWF British Tag Team Titles: The Foundation vs The Northern Lights (C)

NWF British Heavyweight Championship: 'The Springbok' Landon Mallory (C) vs 'Big Mac' Nathan McKenzie

Bonus Questions:

1. What will the overall rating of the show be? (two points for spot on, one point for 2 either side)

• Like 1

Good way to keep Silva away from Landon for a little while. Will be an interesting wrinkle to the World Cup when the representative is a heel. Given his kayfabe backstory of being from Brazil, I wonder if there's any wrinkle where Silva and Buzzard both make it into the CWC? Should be a good test for Buzzard as well as seeing how Silva can do with a non-title program.

Could see this one going either way, since the lynchpin of the whole angle seems to be Bret. Does Bret end up helping his dad win reluctantly, or mess up in helping and cost them the match? No clue, but in the coinflip I'll go with the established group over the loose alliance of young guys fighting it.

I think the Jedi involvement in the Cruiserweight storyline is more of a catalyst to split up Lee and O'Hearne than for either of the vets to win the title - Lee and O'Hearne are both way more valuable as singles guys than as a tag team with how your divisions currently look.

No way the Network drops the titles this soon, though The Foundation are on my shortlist to win it. There needs to be some tension heading into the main event that Big Mac might walk out with the gold.

YEAH I'm crazy (I'm 2 points ahead in the predictions so I can afford to take a shot here). The more I think about it, the more I think Big Mac steals the title. Why? I don't really see any potential feuds for Landon if he wins. Silva will likely be tied up in the World Cup, Big Mac will be done and dusted, and the rest of the heels that could realistically work with him are tied up in other storylines/not ready for a main event feud (Wilson w/Frisby, High Society with the zoomers, JK Lee with O'Hearne and the Jedi). Big Mac takes the title and The Network take over as heels. Big Mac can't be the figurehead of your top heel faction when he loses every big match. He has a much longer list of potential PPV challengers in Nate Manchester, Darin Flynn, and an inevitable rematch with Landon.

Bonus Questions:

Any other comments/questions on the diary:
It really feels like you could use an openweight midcard title - you have a lot of guys who could use a championship to fight over that don't fall into the "Cruiserweight" division. You have a ton of vets (Byron/Beauchamp) and heavier midcard guys (Dwayne Dark, Stuart Wilson ATM) that don't have any real accolades they can target as singles wrestlers other than the World title. After all of the work you've put in especially in re-establishing guys like Beauchamp and Byron to their home country, it would be sad if they never win gold in NWF, and your tag division is too stacked for them to get it there IMO.

Edited by John Lions
  • Like 1

WrestleWorld GB & NWF present:

ForQueenAndCountry.thumb.jpg.8c021cb7bbe09b5e0fd623a3321ec438.jpg

For Queen & Country

Sunday W1 June 2021

Attendance: 1,192

Show Rating: 71

NWF.jpg.382708f1d96c9bae098463b70203d9fb.jpg

JackieGoldstein.jpg.d8e0c781630888367c1c8b662ae15c09.jpg MelanieFlorence.jpg.0eabaa723621418d27f223f307669b90.jpg

Your Announce Team: Jackie Goldstein & Melanie Florence

Jackie Goldstein: “Hello and welcome to ‘For Queen & Country’! We have a huge night of wrestling in-store for you tonight, with three title matches coming your way. My name is Jackie Goldstein, and joining me at ringside is Melanie Florence.”

Melanie Florence: “Thanks Jackie! Tonight promises to be a huge night for The Network, as The Northern Lights defend their British Tag Team titles against the Foundation before ‘Big Mac’ Nathan McKenzie challenges for the British Heavyweight Championship in tonight’s blockbuster Main Event against ‘The Springbok’ Landon Mallory!”

Jackie Goldstein: “The Cruiserweight championship is also on the line as JK Lee looks to put an end to The Force, as he faces Jase Cole. And we have a cross generational battle, as Dangermouth leads a team of Gen-Zers against Byron and his Boomers.”

Melanie Florence: “But we open the evening with a huge contest, as Edison Silva faces Leighton Buzzard for the honour of representing England at the upcoming Cruiserweight World Cup!”

LeightonBuzzard.jpg.792c48b90c64e0112bc0ca31484c810c.jpgvs.jpg.6d23b2f6c58dcae8c64ec02f01e8d4e1.jpgEdisonSilva.jpg.0c38702034502d63e0684eafa292a94d.jpgMoAdebola.jpg.32e069a57140a557caefa0407d1be0a2.jpg

Leighton Buzzard VS Edison Silva w/ Mo Adebola

The crowd were solidly behind Leighton Buzzard for this one, after Mo Adebola’s legal trickery had set this match up after Buzzard thought he had already earned the right to represent England by beating Brilliant White in the final of a Qualification Tournament on National Wrestling.

The pair Worked The Crowd in this opening contest, with Leighton Buzzard drawing sympathy heat in the early stages as Edison Silva dominated proceedings – before Buzzard started his big comeback. Bang! Picture perfect dropkick. Bang! And another! Edison Silva was reeling, as Buzzard hopped to the second rope looking for his Buzz Off (Diving Tornado DDT). Silva looked in real trouble as the dazed MMA fighter struggled back to his feet, but Buzzard’s take off was delayed as Mo Adebola desperately grabbed onto his foot. Buzzard kicked Adebola off him, before leaping off for his Buzz Off – but the slight delay caused by Adebola grabbing Buzzard’s foot, had allowed Silva to recover and the MMA fighter was able to take Buzzard out of the air with a perfectly timed Knee Strike KO! Buzzard slumped to the mat, and Silva made the cover to secure his spot as England’s representative.

Mo Adebola immediately hopped into the ring and draped a St George’s flag over his clients shoulders, as the legal advisor celebrated like Silva had already won the World Cup! The crowd showered the pair in boos, as Adebola continued his over the top celebrations.

Winner: Edison Silva

Rating: 65

The booing of the crowd continued, and could still be heard as we cut backstage to the interview zone – where Rachel Dearheart was stood by with a number of new faces to the NWF, who she introduced as competitors in the upcoming Cruiserweight World Cup! However once Rachel reached the Spanish competitor Victor Jimenez, she immediately had the microphone stolen from her.

CVFP_BlackMale_012.jpg.5dcf5d5b4e52243f021af0bdd5edb8da.jpg AkihiroHisato.jpg.8268c6038a678ee836c6d754ac6532fd.jpg

The Spaniard said he had taken the microphone because of the mascara (mask) of the Japanese competitor Akihiro Hisato, who was stood next to Jimenez. The Spaniard called the mascara a cheap knock-off of true lucha libre tradition! Jimenez seemed to have a lot more to say about the rest of the competitors, but was cut off as Edison Silva and Mo Adebola arrived into the interview zone and demanded the microphone.

EdisonSilva.jpg.0c38702034502d63e0684eafa292a94d.jpgMoAdebola.jpg.32e069a57140a557caefa0407d1be0a2.jpg

Mo Adebola: “My client Edison Silva has just earned the right to represent this great country in the Cruiserweight World Cup, he will not be booed and jeered by the basement dwellers who frequent this show!”

This of course only fueled to intensify the boos of the crowd, which only serving to rile up Adebola and Silva even more!

Mo Adebola: “My client has never been pinned or submitted in this company, and will not tolerate this blatant disrespect! Edison Silva has won the right to represent England in the Cruiserweight World Cup, and you people have until Wednesday to get on board – or my client will revert to his second nationality, Brazil, and England will have no representative at all!”

The boos intensified even further, as Mo Adebola slammed the mic into the chest of the nearest wrestler to him before storming off – in this case New Zealand’s representative in the CWC Damian Dastardly.

DamianDastardly.jpg.cd75ab7ff3bba35fbab3ff0e6bf3ef0a.jpg

Damian Dastardly (smirking): “Now that’s dastardly!”

Rating: 52

We cut back to the ring, where we found the final preparations taking place for Chuck Frisby’s ‘physical challenge’. Two Pull Up bars had been set up in the ring side by side, Dwayne Dark was stood by one and a long line of punters had formed by the second – a line which Chuck Frisby was currently working his way down collecting £10 from each of them. Once he had all of the money, Chuck grabbed a microphone to start the challenge.

ChuckFrisby.jpg.984d8ac295f15527e627d6846819dcdc.jpg DwayneDark.jpeg.c88e6c69bd7624ca8185ab54a1c48c69.jpeg

Chuck Frisby: “Thank you to everyone taking part in the Frisby Foundation for Fitness Pull Up challenge! The rules are simple – Dwayne here will do as many pull ups as he can, and then you will all have one attempt to beat him! Anyone who completes more reps than Dwayne using this bar” Chuck motioned to the bar nearest the queue. “will win our £1000 grand prize!”

There was excited murmuring down the line, as Chuck motioned to Dwayne Dark to begin. The crowd counted along as Dark did his set, maxing out at 25 repetitions.

With the target set, the first punter stepped up. He jumped onto the pull up bar, but was only able to complete 2 pull ups between falling off. He looked very disgruntled, and motioned to the person behind him that the bar had rotated. The second man took his go, but he too fell off quickly. The third competitor was a large man and, having seen what happened to the first two challengers, he stepped across to the bar Dwayne Dark had used for his set. Using this bar, the third man was able to complete 25 repetitions – a tie with Dwayne’s score! All eyes were on Chuck Frisby as to what would happen in the event of a tie…

Chuck Frisby: “First of all, I want to say – terrific effort! To tie with one of my clients is a fantastic accomplishment… HOWEVER, I did clearly state that to qualify for the top prize you would have to beat Dwayne’s score on THIS bar.” Chuck motioned at the bar that the first two competitors had failed on, before adding: “And in any case, we don’t pay ties!”

The third competitor was furious, and – exhausted from his first effort, he was unable to get anywhere close to Dwayne’s effort on the other bar. Attempt after attempt went by, with most walking away looking hugely disgruntled… not that it seemed to bother Chuck Frisby, who was positively beaming at every failure. After the last punter had failed the challenge, she called Chuck a cheat and claimed that the bar was rigged! The personal trainer simply called back “No refunds!” Before running to the back grasping all the £10 notes he had taken from the crowd!

Jackie Goldstein: “I’ve seen a lot during my time in this business, but that might just be the shadiest thing I have ever seen!”

Rating: 48

Dangermouth.jpg.2384236d8b3da94b865df9cf9cbf7d31.jpgDarinFlynn.jpg.9d63078123e1011cb88ab7794e8074cb.jpgEvanAlpass.jpg.b8525e7a4f8cb9f7c66e55e6493c4752.jpgvs.jpg.6d23b2f6c58dcae8c64ec02f01e8d4e1.jpgByron.jpg.f62fa7843af27c5c1640140300e401fa.jpgJoeyBeauchamp.jpg.598682f0b8bd32ebc9abea4fe799f7ff.jpgDylanDrama.jpg.b0b94c1a65e782ab39d1b5542789fe6a.jpg

Dangermouth, Darin Flynn & Evan Alpass VS High Society (Byron, Dylan Drama & Joey Beauchamp)

A lot of bad blood between the competitors in this match, as the contest quickly descended into a Wild Brawl. Referee Roy Worrall struggled to control the action, as the brawling spilled to the outside. The turning point in the match came with Evan Alpass and Dylan Drama wrestling at the top of the ramp. Alpass looked for a Belly-to-Belly Suplex, but Drama seemed to under-rotate and landed hard on his cheek. Evan Alpass was quickly cleared from the area, as medics assessed Drama and helped him to the back.

With Drama removed from the contest, the Gen-Zers found themselves with the numbers advantage. Byron and Beauchamp used all of their veteran wiles to extend the match, but eventually the numbers proved too much and Byron made his escape through the crowd – leaving Beauchamp alone, allowing Dangermouth to hit his Flatliner (Reverse STO) to secure the victory for Gen-Z.

Winners: Dangermouth, Darin Flynn & Evan Alpass

Rating: 49

Next we have the pre-recorded sit down interview filmed with Stuart Wilson and Rachel Dearheart. The interview covered a wide variety of topics. Some highlights:

StuartWilson.jpg.09a0991ca48aea619f985227acb9d6fa.jpg

On why he got into wrestling:

Stuart Wilson: “I think most people would be shocked to hear that the aftercare of an Olympic medalist is non-existent. You get a one off payment for winning the medal – and it’s less than you’d think by the way, and then you’re cut off. No more gym memberships, no pension, no nothing. I needed a way to make money and wrestling was a vehicle to do that.”

On his relationship with Chuck Frisby:

Stuart Wilson: “It was purely business. Chuck offered me a lot of guaranteed money, so I took it. Call it an athlete endorsement, an influencer deal – I don’t care. All I know is it was more money than anyone else in this business had offered me – and all I had to do was put my face to his second rate personal training business, a small price to pay. I’d happily have kept doing it if he’d paid up, but getting the payments was like getting blood from a stone… that’s when I had to go the legal route.”

How had he spent his winnings?:

Stuart Wilson: “I’ve been on a training camp. I feel refreshed and ready to get back into things. Being saddled with Chuck Frisby has meant that my time in the NWF hasn’t gone as planned so far, but now that I’m free of that distraction I can focus on what’s important – the British Heavyweight Championship! And setting up my new Olympia gym is the first step in that.”

On Olympia:

Stuart Wilson: “In the build up to the Olympics I had access to state of the art training facilities, but I lost all of that after I retired from athletics. With Olympia I’m going to build a facility that gives me access to that again. Preparation is the key to success, and I am going to approach wrestling like an Olympic sport.”

On whether setting up Olympia in Chuck Frisby’s old gym was intentional:

Stuart Wilson (smirking): “No comment.”

Rating: 61

Generic_Cruiserweight.jpeg.71a62eb9fbda54f30492d4fc21a99728.jpeg

JaseCole_alt1.jpg.8f992aebd898176a1d81ba26eea74234.jpgvs.jpg.6d23b2f6c58dcae8c64ec02f01e8d4e1.jpgJKLee.jpg.31bc1470b8224e1cf05b164606cc5cc6.jpg

Jase Cole VS ‘The Bulldog’ JK Lee (C)

NWF Cruiserweight Championship

A wrestling purist, JK Lee hated everything that his opponent stood for – from the sci-fi themed entrance music, to the generic laser sword, to the movie accurate cloak. However underneath the exuberant sci-fi exterior, Jase Cole is an extremely competent wrestling having won titles all over Europe.

This was an extremely even contest, with JK Lee looking to overwhelm his opponent on the ground but Cole always seeming to find a way to squirm out of the Cruiserweight champions clutches whenever he looked like getting into trouble. A prime example of this was when Lee was finally able to lock in his Crossface submission, but Cole had managed to position himself just close enough to calmly hook his right foot over the bottom rope to force a rope break.

The match had just passed ten minutes when Jase Cole connected with a Springboard Clothesline, and looked to have turned the momentum back his way – when the lights of the building cut out and the eerie music from the vignettes we had seen over the past few weeks began to play over the speakers. Clearly sensing something was wrong, Jase Cole retrieved his generic laser sword from his corner and turned it on…

LoneWolf.jpg.106e9fe2602df243fa15cfeb2efb942e.jpg

In the glow of the laser sword, you could just make out the face of a huge hulking figure over the shoulder of Jase Cole – and it was covered in blood. Before Cole could react, the new figure hit a big Full Nelson Slam on the cruiserweight. The lights came back up, and both JK Lee and referee Roy Worrall momentarily froze as they looked up at the face covered in blood. Regaining his senses, JK Lee scrambled into a cover and Roy Worrall warily counted the three – with neither man taking their eyes off of the new arrival. After the three count, the lights went off again and the hulking figure disappeared. Leaving a confused JK Lee to celebrate his victory.

Winner: JK Lee – Title defence #3

Rating: 55

NathanMcKenzie.jpg.bbc9803244a0e4928f41419676c540ad.jpgAltonVicious.jpg.795c5af6799c9ff39fff701c6e2675f9.jpgRiddickJordan.jpg.792812de9cbb359e18b5ef9af85e28d6.jpgFinkFinkleton.jpg.b1b2a3765460d1fcc7157104d69898d8.jpg

The camera cut to the office of Frank Finkleton, as the network executive was giving a pep talk to ‘Big Mac’ Nathan McKenzie and The Northern Lights ahead of their title matches.

Frank Finkleton: “Big night tonight boys! Mark Moore may think that he outsmarted us by going to Mo to get around me, but tonight Alton… Riddick – you can rock the very ‘Foundation’ of the tag division.”

The Northern Lights nodded along, clearly ready for their title defence.

Frank Finkleton: “And Nathan, we’ve shown all month that we have the measure of Landon Mallory. Tonight we show everyone the true power of The Network!”

Rating: 66

Generic_BritishTag.jpg.f7c05b60bcb29c44372a95f88995de9a.jpgGeneric_BritishTag.jpg.f7c05b60bcb29c44372a95f88995de9a.jpg

MarkMoore.jpg.bcc0dba0494a9d84b0b5197da778bcc0.jpgJonMichaelSharp.jpg.423c7ec40ce124471f94cfd64e7b13d6.jpgMartinHeath.jpg.6148d063603167726379caf82af10f7e.jpgvs.jpg.6d23b2f6c58dcae8c64ec02f01e8d4e1.jpgAltonVicious.jpg.795c5af6799c9ff39fff701c6e2675f9.jpgRiddickJordan.jpg.792812de9cbb359e18b5ef9af85e28d6.jpgFinkFinkleton.jpg.b1b2a3765460d1fcc7157104d69898d8.jpg

The Foundation w/ Mark Moore VS The Northern Lights w/ Frank Finkleton

NWF British Tag Team Titles

A huge tag team match up between two of the biggest teams on the UK Independent scene. The Foundation have won tag team gold in every promotion they have wrestled, and were looking to add the NWF British Tag Team Titles to their trophy cabinet tonight.

The match started with The Northern Lights successfully isolating Martin Heath in their corner, with Heath selling with everything he had to gain sympathy heat from the crowd. After a prolonged beat down, Heath was able to dive across the ring to make the hot tag to Jon Michael Sharp! Sharp hit the ring hot, taking down both members of The Northern Lights with Flying Clotheslines. Sharp continued his momentum, building up to his Flying Cross Body finisher… but Alton Vicious was able to catch the babyface right out of the air in an impressive show of power, and hit a Fallaway Slam. With Sharp’s momentum coming to a screeching halt, The Northern Lights were able to set him up for their Lights Out (Doomsday Device) and secure a hugely impressive first title defence.

Winners: The Northern Lights – Title Defence #1

Rating: 59

Generic_BritishHeavyweight.jpg.b132fdbe1507fb935df882e8255ccc1d.jpg

LandonMallory.jpg.f104b1eb950cbb534083874b4f3550a9.jpgvs.jpg.6d23b2f6c58dcae8c64ec02f01e8d4e1.jpgNathanMcKenzie.jpg.bbc9803244a0e4928f41419676c540ad.jpg

‘The Springbok’ Landon Mallory VS ‘Big Mac’ Nathan McKenzie

NWF British Heavyweight Championship

Our huge Main Event for the evening saw two of the NWF’s top in-ring talents battle it out over twenty minutes in what was undoubtedly the promotions best match to date. Mallory & McKenzie were given the freedom to Call the action In the Ring – the first time this freedom had been given to anyone in the promotions short history.

Big Mac earned an early warning from referee Roy Worrall, as a thumb to the eye turned the momentum of the match in the big Australian’s favour. The Network leader pushed home his advantage with heavy right hands and clubbing forearm blows, before looking to finish things early with a Snake Eyes to the champion – but The Springbok showed off his impressive athleticism by leaping over the onrushing Spear attempt.

Landon Mallory slowly worked his way back into the match, culminating in an impressive show of power as The Springbok hoisted Big Mac onto his shoulder to hit his Running Powerslam. Mallory began to stalk his prey, setting up for his Springbok Ram – but was distracted as The Northern Lights made their way out from the back. The tag team champions slowly sauntered down the ramp, as Mallory motioned for them to join him in the ring… only for Big Mac to jump the British Heavyweight Champion from behind.

Mocking his opponent, the big Austalian copied The Springbok’s mannerisms as he stalked the South African – setting up for a Spear of his own… when a theme song we hadn’t head since March Madness blared over the speakers.

NateManchester.jpg.a82001448a92b30f1d70c65ee64bc277.jpg

‘Big Mac’ Nathan McKenzie couldn’t believe his eyes as Nate Manchester came flying out of the back, taking down both members of The Northern Lights with a double Clothesline. ‘The Real Angel Of The North’ hadn’t been seen since Big Mac injured his knee three months ago during their March Madness match. The Aussie looked shocked to see the Geordie back in the NWF, and the surprise seemed to have caused Big Mac to forget about his opponent – as Landon Mallory span the big Aussie around to hit a second Running Powerslam. The Springbok beat his chest as he stalked his prey, before delivering a huge Springbok Ram (Gore). The crowd counted along as referee Roy Worrall counted the three to send the fans home happy.

Winner: ‘The Springbok’ Landon Mallory – Title Defence #2

Rating: 73

Jackie Goldstein: “Landon Mallory does it! But a huge assist has to go to the returning Nate Manchester!”

Melanie Florence: “We haven’t seen Nate Manchester in three months, and he returns out of the blue to get his revenge on the man who injured him! I can’t imagine Big Mac or the rest of The Network will take this lying down though…”

Jackie Goldstein: “Nate Manchester has put himself right in the firing line on his return! Join us this Wednesday to see how The Network respond, and for the first round of the Cruiserweight World Cup! You won’t want to miss it!”

• Like 7

Great show as always - I'm not surprised I was wrong about Landon losing, but I think we'll see a gimmick rematch (or a triple threat) down the road for him.

Good showing from Leighton Buzzard who is rapidly outgrowing his tag team partner. I had a feeling his World Cup hopes wouldn't be over, so I'm glad I sniffed that one out at least.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, John Lions said:

Great show as always - I'm not surprised I was wrong about Landon losing, but I think we'll see a gimmick rematch (or a triple threat) down the road for him.

Good showing from Leighton Buzzard who is rapidly outgrowing his tag team partner. I had a feeling his World Cup hopes wouldn't be over, so I'm glad I sniffed that one out at least.

I think you're right. Frank Finkleton could do something but I think @Charasmatic Enigma hinted that the rivalry between The Network and Silva/Adebola won't continue. IDK how but Leighton Buzzard will compete one way or another.

One thing that was very confusing in this episode was that segment about the Cruiserweight World Cup. I don't know who Victor Jimenez is, first time I hear about him, but where is he from? They say he is spanish (Spain?), but he talks about Lucha Libre (Mexico?) and looks black or maybe latin. Really curious about his origins and which country he is going to represent.

Also I'm happy about Damian Dastardly's debut.

Edited by newbiezness
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, John Lions said:

Thanks @John Lions! I saw this Main Event as a test for Nathan McKenzie - one that he passed with flying colours! He obviously has the stats to score well in game, but I wasn't sure if his pop would hold him back. He's still got a little way to go (he's only 'recognisable' to fans), but he's definitely a guy I can see with the top belt.

The score was helped by a positive chemistry note, but I'm still really happy with how the match scored. Leighton's shown he can go with the top guys - he got a 62 rated match with Landon Mallory and now a 65 with Edison Silva - and his pop shot up 6 points over May/June with the tournament win and Silva loss. I don't want to give too much away, but I've said before that some of your ideas are better than mine 😅 

12 hours ago, newbiezness said:

I think you're right. Frank Finkleton could do something but I think @Charasmatic Enigma hinted that the rivalry between The Network and Silva/Adebola won't continue. IDK how but Leighton Buzzard will compete one way or another.

One thing that was very confusing in this episode was that segment about the Cruiserweight World Cup. I don't know who Victor Jimenez is, first time I hear about him, but where is he from? They say he is spanish (Spain?), but he talks about Lucha Libre (Mexico?) and looks black or maybe latin. Really curious about his origins and which country he is going to represent.

Also I'm happy about Damian Dastardly's debut.

I was going to post who Victor Jimenez was ahead of his Cruiserweight World Cup match, but I'll do it now instead! He's a generated worker who is based in Iberia. As you can see in the screenshot below, he has insane entertainment stats but hasn't actually learned how to wrestle yet. (I took the below screenshot when I first signed him, I've since changed the picture and gimmick)

I signed him to a short deal for the CWC to see how he did. With those entertainment stats, I could end up using him as a manager for someone down the line.

Jimenez.thumb.JPG.4cbf9bb1e298eec87a2737e796446ba1.JPG

On the lucha libre thing - I think this is me being ignorant, so I apologise for that. The term for professional wrestling in Spain seems to be Lucha libre profesional, and I've seen that and assumed they shared a similar wrestling culture to Mexico. If that's not right, let's just say that Victor is a huge Lucha Libre mark (the Mexican one) and that's why he defended it. I think I've made the mistake again in a National Wrestling promo, so I may need to rewrite that...

I've used the Cruiserweight World Cup to introduce a few prediction winner suggestions, so keep your eyes peeled! I hope you enjoy Damian Dastardly in the NWF :)

59 minutes ago, Wrestling Machine said:

Have to admit I'm just a Leighton Buzzard mark at this point 

I mean he does put on bangers! 😛 As I said above, Leighton is on the way up and doing really well - so expect to see more of him!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Charasmatic Enigma said:

I was going to post who Victor Jimenez was ahead of his Cruiserweight World Cup match, but I'll do it now instead! He's a generated worker who is based in Iberia. As you can see in the screenshot below, he has insane entertainment stats but hasn't actually learned how to wrestle yet. (I took the below screenshot when I first signed him, I've since changed the picture and gimmick)

I signed him to a short deal for the CWC to see how he did. With those entertainment stats, I could end up using him as a manager for someone down the line.

in seems to be Lucha libre profesional, and I've seen that and assumed they shared a similar wrestling culture to Mexico. If that's not right, let's just say that Victor is a huge Lucha Libre mark (the Mexican one) and that's why he defended it. I think I've made the mistake again in a National Wrestling promo, so I may need to rewrite that...

I think I can help with the Victor Jimenez thing, but obviously do whatever you want with this info.

In Spain there's no really wrestling culture. Wrestling fans are from the 90s-2000s when WWF or WCW were on national TV. Since then there's no wrestling in TV anymore popularity of wrestling in Spain has dropped drastically. Even the results of big events have very very little media coverage. Spanish companies are so insignificant that no one except wrestling marks know they exist.

The concept "Lucha Libre" in Spain is only a translation from english to spanish of "Wrestling", but has nothing to do with Mexican Lucha Libre. The only wrestling culture in Spain is American wrestling and the only thing spanish people know about Mexican Lucha Libre is that is an important thing in Mexican culture. Spain has many cultural links with Mexico but this is not one of them.

Spanish wrestlers are very rare and most of them are amateurs. A-Kid is by far the most famous spanish wrestler. A-Kid went to England to work for NXT UK  because of the lack of opportunities in Spain. So Victor Jimenez in NWF is credible.

Best thing about Victor Jimenez for me is that he is black but his name is 100% spanish. That allows you to say whatever you want about his origins. His mother could be from anywhere and his interest in wrestling may be related to that, he may have origins from a country with a strong wrestling culture. He could be someone like Edison Silva with two nationalities (England/Brazil) that would make sense IMO.

Ilia Topuria, an UFC champion, is spanish with Georgian origins. MMA is becoming more popular than wrestling in Spain because of him. But again his interest in MMA has nothing to do with spanish culture. Boxing and martial arts are the only contact sports that have tradition in Spain.

Probably Victor Jimenez's character won't be that important for your diary but since you tend to develop characters' histories a lot I did my best to help you.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, newbiezness said:

I think I can help with the Victor Jimenez thing, but obviously do whatever you want with this info.

In Spain there's no really wrestling culture. Wrestling fans are from the 90s-2000s when WWF or WCW were on national TV. Since then there's no wrestling in TV anymore popularity of wrestling in Spain has dropped drastically. Even the results of big events have very very little media coverage. Spanish companies are so insignificant that no one except wrestling marks know they exist.

The concept "Lucha Libre" in Spain is only a translation from english to spanish of "Wrestling", but has nothing to do with Mexican Lucha Libre. The only wrestling culture in Spain is American wrestling and the only thing spanish people know about Mexican Lucha Libre is that is an important thing in Mexican culture. Spain has many cultural links with Mexico but this is not one of them.

Spanish wrestlers are very rare and most of them are amateurs. A-Kid is by far the most famous spanish wrestler. A-Kid went to England to work for NXT UK  because of the lack of opportunities in Spain. So Victor Jimenez in NWF is credible.

Best thing about Victor Jimenez for me is that he is black but his name is 100% spanish. That allows you to say whatever you want about his origins. His mother could be from anywhere and his interest in wrestling may be related to that, he may have origins from a country with a strong wrestling culture. He could be someone like Edison Silva with two nationalities (England/Brazil) that would make sense IMO.

Ilia Topuria, an UFC champion, is spanish with Georgian origins. MMA is becoming more popular than wrestling in Spain because of him. But again his interest in MMA has nothing to do with spanish culture. Boxing and martial arts are the only contact sports that have tradition in Spain.

Probably Victor Jimenez's character won't be that important for your diary but since you tend to develop characters' histories a lot I did my best to help you.

Thank you for the feedback @newbiezness! Non-western wrestling is a blind spot for me, whether C-Verse or real world, so thank you for the information! In future I'll have to dig a bit deeper than google translate for information on foreign workers 😅 I've committed myself to Victor being Spanish now, so I think a kayfabe Mexican mother could link him back to the world of lucha libre.

My initial plans were just to use him during the Cruiserweight World Cup, but with his Entertainment skills he could well make his way back at some point - so definitely worthwhile to straighten out his backstory!

On 2/25/2024 at 10:19 PM, John Lions said:

Any other comments/questions on the diary:
It really feels like you could use an openweight midcard title - you have a lot of guys who could use a championship to fight over that don't fall into the "Cruiserweight" division. You have a ton of vets (Byron/Beauchamp) and heavier midcard guys (Dwayne Dark, Stuart Wilson ATM) that don't have any real accolades they can target as singles wrestlers other than the World title. After all of the work you've put in especially in re-establishing guys like Beauchamp and Byron to their home country, it would be sad if they never win gold in NWF, and your tag division is too stacked for them to get it there IMO.

I can definitely see your point, there are a number of guys in the midcard who would benefit from a new title - although I would argue that limitations can spark creativity. The Bret Heartbreak weight loss storyline doesn't make sense with a normal secondary title available for him to chase. So there are pros and cons either way.

On 2/24/2024 at 10:04 PM, newbiezness said:

Any other comments/questions on the diary: I don't like The Force, at least as a babyface tag team, but maybe it's only my personal preference. However I can see a good hardcore match between The Force and State Of Mind at some point, I'd be supporting the heels obviously. They'd put their lasers up their a...

I'm still hoping I can turn you around on The Force! We saw the debut of their initial adversary in For Queen & Country, so the storyline can kick into full force now!

On 2/25/2024 at 4:05 AM, KyTeran said:

Any other comments/questions on the diary: I am a big fan of your storytelling, and I am already hyped for the Cruiserweight World Cup.

Thanks @KyTeran! Hope you enjoyed the show, and the Cruiserweight World Cup lives up to expectations!

Thank you to everyone who commented, predicted and reacted to the last show! For Queen & Country was our highest rated show yet, with Mallory vs Big Mac outperforming all expectations I had for that match - and securing Mallory's spot as 'The Man' in the NWF.

We had a bumper round of predictions for the show, welcome to StanMiguel for your first set of predictions - hope to see you back! Congratulations to KyTeran for overturning a 2 point deficit to pip John Lions at the post! A very tight finish, with only 1 point separating the top 4! Also congratulations to newbiezness for getting the show rating spot on! @KyTeran - keep an eye on your DM's for details of your prize!

The next episode of National Wrestling will be the start of the next round of predictions. Hope to see everyone there!

Prediction Results for 'For Queen & Country'

@KyTeran 5/5 + 1 Bonus

@Wrestling Machine 4/5 + 1 Bonus

@SomeLazyMagic 4/5 + 1 Bonus

@azzak 4/5 + 1 Bonus

@smw88 4/5

@kanegan 3/5 + 1 Bonus

@John Lions 3/5

@newbiezness 2/5 + 2 Bonus

@StanMiguel 2/5

Combined Prediction Results

@KyTeran 21/24 + 1 Bonus

@John Lions 21/24

@azzak 20/24 + 1 Bonus

@Wrestling Machine 20/24 + 1 Bonus

@newbiezness 17/24 + 2 Bonus

@kanegan 14/19 + 1 Bonus

@smw88 13/19

@SomeLazyMagic 12/14 + 1 Bonus

@DexterXSR 12/15

@Theheel 4/5

@StanMiguel 2/5

Predictions for NWF National Wrestling Episode 33

Winner Represents Wales at Cruiserweight World Cup: Welsh Dragon vs Neville Jones vs Aurelian Bradley vs Red Dragon

Future X (Petey Barnes & Eric Future) vs State Of Mind (Brilliant White & Ultra Violence)

Cruiserweight World Cup Quarter-Final: Bali Daljit (India) vs Davey Celtic (Scotland)

Cruiserweight World Cup Quarter-Final: Edison Silva (England?) vs Akihiro Hisato (Japan)

• Like 3

Winner Represents Wales at Cruiserweight World Cup: Welsh Dragon vs Neville Jones vs Aurelian Bradley vs Red Dragon

Welsh Dragon is a former Cruiserweight champion so I think he has the best odds out of everyone here, but I could see an upset with either Neville or Aurelian.  I don't see Red Dragon winning however and I think he will be eating the pin in this match.

Future X (Petey Barnes & Eric Future) vs State Of Mind (Brilliant White & Ultra Violence)

This is tough, Future X are the former champions and could feasibly challenge The Northern Lights at a later date while State of Mind has become one of those teams that while being a makeshift team I enjoy how they work together.  I think this may go to Future X today, but if I am wrong, I won't consider it an upset.

Cruiserweight World Cup Quarter-Final: Bali Daljit (India) vs Davey Celtic (Scotland)

I going to go with Bali since I believe that he has appeared more in NWF.

Cruiserweight World Cup Quarter-Final: Edison Silva (England?) vs Akihiro Hisato (Japan)

I know that Akihiro is the son of The Great Hisato and I believe he can have a great future in wrestling.  Having said that there is no way he is beating Edison Silva this soon in the tournament.

• Like 1

I like that the Cruiserweight World Cup early stages are on National Wrestling.

Well you know I've become a big Dragons mark, but to be fair Welsh Dragon has already been enough in the spotlight and Red Dragon has very little upside if any, so I think this would be a big push for Neville. I'd understand if you pick the most popular though.

Big upset, yeah you should go for it.

I don't know this man but Davey Celtic from Scotland? Great name.

Squash.

• Like 1

Winner Represents Wales at Cruiserweight World Cup: Welsh Dragon vs Neville Jones vs Aurelian Bradley vs Red Dragon

Cruiserweight World Cup Quarter-Final: Bali Daljit (India) vs Davey Celtic (Scotland)

Cruiserweight World Cup Quarter-Final: Edison Silva (England?) vs Akihiro Hisato (Japan)

• Like 1

Cruiserweight World Cup Quarter-Final: Bali Daljit (India) vs Davey Celtic (Scotland) first time I'm picking the Indian probably lol

• Like 1

• Like 1

Winner Represents Wales at Cruiserweight World Cup: Welsh Dragon vs Neville Jones vs Aurelian Bradley vs Red Dragon
I think Welsh Dragon is the safe pick, but I'm a sucker for giving vets that "one last" moment in the sun, and with how Red Dragon has performed, this could be his last chance to stand on his own and rep his country since Welsh Dragon is already better than him.

I think Future X are the third most interesting veteran team you have (behind Sharp/Heath and The Force), while Brilliant White has been impressive in his singles matches and State of Mind are a very unique team compared to the rest of your division.

Cruiserweight World Cup Quarter-Final: Bali Daljit (India) vs Davey Celtic (Scotland)
You've been behind Bali for a bit despite him not getting nay signature wins, but this could be his chance.

Cruiserweight World Cup Quarter-Final: Edison Silva (England?) vs Akihiro Hisato (Japan)
The false English rep takes the win here, with an eventual rematch with Leighton on the horizon

• Like 1

Winner Represents Wales at Cruiserweight World Cup: Welsh Dragon

its all in the name!

State Of Mind (Brilliant White & Ultra Violence)

Cruiserweight World Cup Quarter-Final: Davey Celtic 

Cruiserweight World Cup Quarter-Final: Edison Silva 

• Like 1