NWF: Disrupting The Market

Nate Manchester vs Stardust Phil Cox

Jon Michael Sharp vs Joey Beauchamp

Your New Favourite Team (Jonni Leyland & Johnny Highspot) vs The Northern Lights (Alton Vicious & Riddick Jordan)

??? vs Chuck Frisby & Dwayne Dark

Tag Team Tournament Semi Final: Future X (Petey Barnes & Eric Future) vs The Heartbreaks (Byron & Bret Heartbreak)

Nate Manchester vs Stardust Phil Cox
The guy competing for your top title isn't going to lose to Stardust Phil Cox.

Jon Michael Sharp vs Joey Beauchamp
Glad to see Joey getting a run in GB before he retires, I think he stays strong so he can give the rub to some of your younger Brits before finding a place as a gatekeeper.

Your New Favourite Team (Jonni Leyland & Johnny Highspot) vs The Northern Lights (Alton Vicious & Riddick Jordan)
Sad they lost to Future X, but it makes sense for the tournament bracket. I don't see them losing here.

??? vs Chuck Frisby & Dwayne Dark
Going with the mystery opponents, since you teased some tension between Dwayne and Chuck last week and I could see it playing out with them teaming as well.

Tag Team Tournament Semi Final: Future X (Petey Barnes & Eric Future) vs The Heartbreaks (Byron & Bret Heartbreak)
Byron and Bret are heading to the finals - I hope we at least hear from the Sharp+Heath and JK Lee/Paddy, since right now based on minutes it seems like the egomaniac duo are the run away favorites to take it all.

WresteWorld GB & NWF Present:

WrestleWorldGB.jpg.b6c622d3249f894eade8a6225e0fec62.jpg NWF.jpg.1f16cbd32686b70659c3b91080de825b.jpg

National Wrestling

Episode #3

Wednesday W4 October

Show Rating: 49

NWF.jpg.e805b429e8ba7cffebdb95203b6d0f96.jpg

JackieGoldstein.jpg.100702a24ec5b3a69f182315b5d030d6.jpg MelanieFlorence.jpg.2d7f2ee4318d2efa1de55b8a3e531a8e.jpg

Your Announce Team: Jackie Goldstein & Melanie Florence

Jackie Goldstein: “Hello and welcome back once again to National Wrestling, once again streaming exclusively On Demand at WrestleWorld GB! My name is Jackie Goldstein and, as always, I’m joined at ringside by Melanie Florance.”

Melanie Florence: “Thanks Jackie, we have a great show in store tonight as these fans have the privilege of seeing Byron & Bret Heartbreak advance to the finals of the NWF Tag Team Tournament in tonights Main Event!”

Jackie Goldstein: “And here comes the man who in two weeks will face Edison Silva to crown the inaugural NWF British Champion! Nate Manchester competes in tonights opening bout!”

NateManchester.jpg.0bb8cdd13da6d2bfb5ab3696986a560f.jpgvs.jpg.88b97d86a46291514915ae3fe974496e.jpgStardustPhilCox_alt1.jpg.77e283a93cb07819cbab790a2b51142a.jpg

Nate Manchester VS Stardust Phil Cox

Nate Manchester received a warm reception from the crowd, and “The Real Angel Of The North” used this opening bout to showcase his skills ahead of his title match in two weeks at Locked & Loaded. The match started at a frantic pace with the two men trading moves, until Stardust Phil Cox took one risk too many and crashed and burned after an attempted Springboard Cross Body. Nate Manchester seized his opportunity and took control of the contest, and was able to hit his Manc-Sault finisher to pick up an important, momentum building victory.

Rating: 47

Following his victory, Nate Manchester celebrated his victory in the ring with the crowd. However the celebration was cut short as Mo Adebola and his client Edison Silva appeared from the back, Adebola with microphone in hand.

MoAdebola.jpg.0b2672504b0a8b358c4b787d5cff9f7b.jpg EdisonSilva.jpg.95b4f21a1245bd4484cceabdfc1746f5.jpg

Mo Adebela: “Congratulations Nate, an impressive win no doubt… but you’re going to need more than that if you want to beat my client Edison Silva at Locked & Loaded!”

The hotshot lawyer pauses, allowing the crowds boos to die down.

Mo Adebola: “Your buddy Leo Price caught me off guard last week. I wasn’t expecting him to already have an opponent in place for the title match… I had hoped to have a little more influence on that…”

Jackie Goldstein began to ask how Adebola thought he was going to have a say in who Edison Silva would face at Locked & Loaded, but he was promptly shushed by Melanie Florence.

Mo Adebola: “I’m not a man who likes to be out of the loop, so to make sure that it doesn’t happen again an official contract signing will take place next week in this very ring finalising the details of the title match at Locked & Loaded. I’ve already drafted up the contract, which will be in your inbox. You will find that everything is in order. Once both parties sign the contract the match at Locked & Loaded will be official.”

Nate Manchester nods his head and says he’ll be there next week. Mo Adebola has a big grin on his face.

Mo Adebola: “I’m glad to hear it. We’ll see you next week to make this whole thing official…”

Rating: 50

LandonMallory.jpg.cccdbad0c6a32f09d6bc326b04b7d9f8.jpg

Next we cut to a hype video for “The Springbok” Landon Mallory who will be appearing on National Wrestling next week! The video shows a series of highlights from Mallory’s time in Europe, and emphasises his status as a six-time European Champion. On commentary Jackie Goldstein hypes Mallory up as a big deal, but Melanie Florence remains to be convinced.

Rating: 27

JonMichaelSharp.jpg.31c82a0b8ea08a7b9bf57b6100666713.jpgvs.jpg.88b97d86a46291514915ae3fe974496e.jpgJoeyBeauchamp.jpg.dd12ae5596f85c683d4c1c9dc4b82cbb.jpg

Jon Michael Sharp VS Joey "The Breeze" Beauchamp

Following the hype video, we cut back to the ring where Joey Beauchamp was making his way to the ring. Normally cool and composed, “The Breeze” looked surprisingly pissed off as he entered the ring. This new attitude was reflected in how he approached the match, as Beauchamp’s normally smooth, flowing in-ring style was replaced with a more aggressive, rough and ready approach. This seemed to catch his opponent off guard and led to some initial success, but Beauchamp’s aggressiveness saw him become sloppy and gave Jon Michael Sharp an opening into the match.

This allowed Sharp to pick up the pace and the lightweight was able to string together some decent offence, which saw an angry Joey Beauchamp resorting to sliding out of the ring to halt the momentum. “The Breeze” remonstrated with himself outside the ring, yelling at himself for how the match was going. Caught up in his anger, he didn’t see Sharp sprinting across the ring and flying over the top rope to deliver a Plancha that sent both men sprawling outside the ring. Sharp was the first one back to his feet, and he quickly moved to roll Beauchamp back into the ring. Sharp looked to haul his struggling opponent off the mat, but “The Breeze” noticed that referee Roy Worrall was slightly out of position and took the opportunity to deliver a well-placed thumb to the eye!

“The Breeze” was remonstrated by the NWF official, but his veteran nous had halted his opponents momentum. Sharp did his best to battle back into the contest, but “The Breeze” seemed to have come back to his senses and was wrestling in a much more calculated manor to cut down any comeback attempts. Beauchamp was able to secure the victory with his Breeze Block finisher, but still didn’t look happy as referee Roy Worrall raised his hand for a hard fought victory.

Rating: 38

JonniLeyland.jpg.8209f4f6cb949d40a0975a439055aff9.jpgJohnnyHighspot.jpg.3563cd280861de64a8561488967a8ade.jpgvs.jpg.88b97d86a46291514915ae3fe974496e.jpgAltonVicious.jpg.81341e36268c2b7fb41578226731785c.jpgRiddickJordan.jpg.90207d65ff5721c8e506b3a3a5b18898.jpg

Your New Favourite Team (Jonni Leyland & Johnny Highspot) VS The Northern Lights (Alton Vicious & Riddick Jordan)

After coming up just short in last weeks Main Event, this match really allowed The Northern Lights to show the NWF audience what they were all about. Vicious & Riddick dominated this match against their much more experienced opponents, showcasing their full array of devastating strikes and throws. Riddick Jordan landed an impressive Diving Headbutt in the build up to the finish, before tagging in Alton Vicious to hit the Lights Out (Doomday Device) to secure an impressive victory.

Rating: 44

Next an exuberant Chuck Frisby makes his way to the ring. Dwayne Dark follows a few paces behind his trainer not looking overly happy to be out there.

ChuckFrisby.jpg.21e846ea209abd4e2916c911423d4dbd.jpgDwayneDark.jpeg.0229e1e698ea97cb963b85d382c92ec0.jpeg

Chuck Frisby: “One of the great things about Frisbys Foundation for Fitness program is that you never stop learning. Take Dwayne Dark here, he’s been on the program for years… and look at the results he’s had! But even being in as great shape as he is, last week he learned the importance of good form!”

Dwayne Dark stared a hole into the back of Frisbys head, but the personal trainer didn’t seem to notice.

Chuck Frisby: “It really is the program that keeps giving, and you can sign up for my patented diet and workout plan for the low, low fee of just £9.99 a month. And since I have such confidence in the results of my plan, Dwayne Dark and I are issuing an open challenge to any team out the back brave enough to face us! We’ll show exactly what results you can achieve with Frisby’s Foundation for Fitness!”

Dwayne Dark doesn’t look overly enthused at the idea, but seems willing to go along with it, and after a few seconds Grant Taypen and Leighton Buzzard appear to accept Frisby’s challenge.

Chuck Frisby: “I want all of you to pay attention because my name is Chuck Frisby, and I’m here to tackle England’s obesity crisis one person at a time!”

GrantTaypen.jpg.b5eb620e36843364dc7cc912b6af8d6c.jpgLeightonBuzzard.jpg.6fac35be1a74f70f1c0acc689cb1e9f8.jpgvs.jpg.88b97d86a46291514915ae3fe974496e.jpgChuckFrisby.jpg.21e846ea209abd4e2916c911423d4dbd.jpgDwayneDark.jpeg.0229e1e698ea97cb963b85d382c92ec0.jpeg

Grant Taypen & Leighton Buzzard VS Chuck Frisby & Dwayne Dark

Chuck Frisby tried to tell Dwayne Dark that he was going to start this one off, but the Ripped Middleweight just pushed past his personal trainer – leaving Frisby no choice but to head to the apron. Grant Taypen started this one off for his team and tried to control the match with his technical skills, but the size and power of Dwayne Dark quickly overwhelmed the lightweight.

Dwayne Dark maintained control of the contest, while Chuck Frisby picked out members of the front row to bark exercise instructions at. The trainer even jumped down at one point to try to lead two female members of the audience in a set of pushups, but they had no interest in joining in. Sensing a lost cause, Frisby turned his attention back to his client. Dark had Grant Taypon (the legal man) in a huge Bear Hug. Despite Dark clearly being in control of the contest, Frisby became highly animated and, like last week, began instructing his client to lift Taypen high above his head for a set of Shoulder Presses. Dwayne Dark dropped his opponent and stared a hole through Frisby. He seemingly took a moment to consider his options, before telling Frisby “you do it” and forcibly tagging the personal trainer into the match.

Frisby initially looked shocked, but quickly regained his composure and jumped excitedly in to the ring. With Buzzard still down, Frisby took a moment to loosen his shoulders while shouting loudly about the importance of a proper warm up. Suitably warmed up, Frisby pulled Grant Taypen to his feet and tried to lift him off the ground… but he failed! Frisby glanced nervously at Dark, who was stood on the apron with his arms crossed intimidatingly. Frisby went through a second round of even more vigorous stretching, before hauling Taypen to his feet again. The personal trainer spent a long time carefully placing his hands in the ‘perfect position’ for this lift, until Dark barked at him to “get on with it”. Frisby nodded, placed his hands one last time, before attempting the lift for the second time… Taypen didn’t move an inch. Frisby strained and strained, before pulling away holding his back. Dark shook his head on the apron, which Frisby saw and did not take well – yelling at Dark that he needed his pre-workout and asking how he was supposed to lift without any chalk?

While Frisby argued with his client, Taypen was able to recover and stagger over to his corner to make the tag. Leighton Buzzard hopped the top rope and sprinted across the ring to deliver a Front Dopkick to the back of Frisby, sending the personal trainer crashing into Dwayne Dark on the apron. Dark was knocked to the outside, and Frisby stumbled back to the middle of the ring straight into a Buzz Off (Super Kick). Leighton Buzzard made the cover and Roy Worrall counted the three to give Taypen & Buzzard a huge upset victory!

Rating: 41

We cut to another pre-recorded video showing Dangermouth hard at work in the studio.

Dangermouth.jpg.4e24b2c339c8dcd9a48a24590036d251.jpg

A different track from his new album plays in the background, and this time the track is played either side of a short sit down interview with the Grime star.

Dangermouth: “After sharin’ the announcement, people on Insta been sayin’ to me, “yo D” I see you floggin’ the album on tele, I see you dancin’ on TikTok… when you showin’ up on WrestleWorld?”

Clips from Dangermouth’s recent album press tour play on screen.

Dangermouth: “Yeah I been busy promotin’ the album… or I should say Darius Moss has been busy promotin’ the album. But the press tour is over, and now it’s time for Dangermouth.”

Dangermouth grins and leans into the camera.

Dangermouth: “See you next week!”

Dangermouth

Appearing next week exclusively on WrestleWorld GB

Rating: 48

Jackie Goldstein begins hyping Dangermouth’s in-ring debut next week on National Wrestling! But before he can finish his thought on Dangermouth being a true “Dual Threat”, he is hastily shushed by an excitable Melanie Florence as Byron makes his way out for tonight’s Main Event alongside his son Bret Heartbreak.

Byron.jpg.473a90888eae266e1a1f8dea90c26253.jpg BretHeartbreak.jpg.956545e48a9bec3c9f7943c902f60ad7.jpg

Byron: “Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome the FAVOURITES for this Tag Team Tournament…”

The crowd boos, much to the distress of Melanie Florence on commentary.

Byron: “People have been telling me all week how good a team Future X are… but that’s the problem. Future X are a good tag team, but Bret and I… we are GREAT’s of this sport.”

The booing intensifies, as Melanie Florence excitedly reminds the viewers of Byron’s status as a former 10-Time World Champion! The booing seems to wash off the veterans back though, as he grins and hands the microphone over to his son.

Bret Heartbreak: “So Eric, Petey if you want to step into ring with us… prepare yourselves for Heartbreak!”

Rating: 46

PeteyBarnes.jpg.6fc64fbc6d2c0bcc9431ad17307ea57d.jpgEricFuture.jpg.1c625642878204ce6bf9b082012281be.jpgvs.jpg.88b97d86a46291514915ae3fe974496e.jpgByron.jpg.473a90888eae266e1a1f8dea90c26253.jpgBretHeartbreak.jpg.956545e48a9bec3c9f7943c902f60ad7.jpg

Future X (Petey Barnes & Eric Future) VS The Heartbreaks (Byron & Bret Heartbreak)

NWF Tag Team Tournament Semi Final

This weeks Main Event was the first Semi Final of the NWF Tag Team Tournament. Future X have over a decades experience teaming together, whereas their opponents have only teamed a handful of times. Byron & Bret Heartbreak were relying on their father/son bond carrying them through… but unfortunately for The Heartbreaks blood didn’t prove to be thicker than water as Barnes & Future were able to isolate Bret Heartbreak in their corner early on and went to work on the youngster, much to the visible frustration of his father.

Melanie Florence was sounding more and more stressed on commentary until the match completely broke down. Frustrated at being kept out of the match, Byron ran round the ring and pulled Eric Future’s feet from beneath him, sending him crashing off the apron to the floor outside. Seeing what had happened, Petey Barnes abandoned his attack on Bret and delivered a spectacular Springshot Senton over the top rope onto Byron on the outside.

The crowd were fully behind Petey Barnes as he was quickly back into the ring to deliver a Snap Suplex to Bret Heartbreak for another near fall. Barnes quickly headed to the top rope, intent on hitting his X-Press (Top Rope Splash) finisher. However, a recovered Byron hopped onto the apron and delivered an Upper Class (European Uppercut) while Barnes was still perched on the top rope. Barnes immediately slumped and crashed to the mat.

Byron hauled his son to his feet, before jumping back out of the ring to deal with Eric Future on the outside. With Barnes clearly knocked out by the shot, Bret Heartbreak had his swagger back and took his time sauntering across the ring before hauling Petey Barnes up with a fistful of hair. Heartbreak got in his Barnes face, yelling at his KO’d opponent that Future X were NOTHING compared to him and his father. He then paraded Barnes around the ring, leading him with a handful of hair and yelling at the crowd “You really thought THIS could beat us?” Jackie Goldstein is horrified on commentary, but Melanie Florence is lapping it up… until Petey Barnes launches back into life and pulls Bret Heartbreak into a Small Package. Completely caught off guard, Heartbreak struggles but can’t get his shoulders off the mat. Byron tries to slide back in, but Eric Future grabs hold of his leg long enough for Roy Worrall to count the three and hand Future X a shock victory!

Rating: 49

Melanie Florence: “What happened?”

Jackie Goldstein: “Bret Heartbreak took too long playing with his dinner and paid the price. Future X are through to the finals of the Tag Team Tournament!”

Melanie Florence: “No! They can’t be! We need a rematch! They were meant to win this whole thing!”

Jackie Goldstein: “Join us next week to find out who Future X face in the finals of the NWF Tag Team Tournament in two weeks at Locked & Loaded.”

Melanie Florence: “This is a disaster! A travesty of justice… I’ll be writing to my MP about this!”

Jackie Goldstein: “Let me know how you get on with that… Make sure to join us next week exclusively on WrestleWorld GB for that 2nd Tag Team Tournament Semi Final, the NWF debuts of Dangermouth & “The Springbok” Landon Mallory, and so much more!”

• Like 7

Thanks to everyone who predicted and reacted to Episode 3, it really is appreciated. Since everybody missed the main event, I should probably clarify. My original plan was to have Byron & Bret win the tournament, but unforunately they had awful tag chemistry so I've had to rewrite my tag division plans and my plans for Bret (& Byron). I think I actually like my new plans better, so perhaps it's for the best. It's also why the rest of the teams haven't had as much mic time as perhaps you'd expect at this stage.

Episode 3 prediction results:

newbiezness 4/5

John Lions 4/5

KyTeran 3/5

smw88 2/5

HiPlus 2/5

Standings after three episodes:

newbiezness 12/17

KyTeran 11/17

smw88 10/17

John Lions 8/11

HiPlus 6/11

Predictions for NWF National Wrestling, Episode 4

Tag Team Tournament Semi Final: Jon Michael Sharp & Martin Heath vs JK Lee & Padraig O'Hearne

Dangermouth vs Jonni Leyland

Cruiserweight Showcase: Welsh Dragon vs Bali Daljit vs Leighton Buzzard vs Stardust Phil Cox

Cruiserweight Showcase: Cain Carlile vs Grant Taypen vs Chuck Frisby vs Brilliant White

Nate Manchester vs Dwayne Dark

• Like 1

Tag Team Tournament Semi Final: Jon Michael Sharp & Martin Heath vs JK Lee & Padraig O'Hearne

Cruiserweight Showcase: Welsh Dragon vs Bali Daljit vs Leighton Buzzard vs Stardust Phil Cox

Cruiserweight Showcase: Cain Carlile vs Grant Taypen vs Chuck Frisby vs Brilliant White

Just got caught up. A really enjoyable start. Lots of strong characters and dynamics emerging already like Frisby and Dark, Silva and Adebola and The Heartbreaks being cheered on by Florence on commentary. I also really like the move of having the tag tournament headline all those early shows to really establish the division as important and make the eventual prize feel really prestigious.

• Like 1

Highly unpredictable

Dangermouth wins in his debut

Masked guy wins

Brilliant White has another cool mask

Nate Manchester is not going to lose before the title match at Locked & Loaded

WrestleWorld GB & NWF Present:

WrestleWorldGB.jpg.524c60901e6fea6e9faf3b440d900b69.jpg NWF.jpg.af75235a0d9eb9fcc294c1eaf38e9f7e.jpg

National Wrestling

Episode #4

Wednesday W1 November

Show Rating: 53

NWF.jpg.b70ea87a663a469539c44598099bba91.jpg

JackieGoldstein.jpg.cd2f63c8ae5a847e357372b42fe9651b.jpg MelanieFlorence.jpg.3a0a645e6ad5656b11da46485c138762.jpg

Jackie Goldstein: “Hello and welcome back to National Wrestling, once again streaming exclusively On Demand at WrestleWorld GB! My name is Jackie Goldstein and, as always, Melanie Florence joins me at ringside. What an action packed show we have in store tonight! Later tonight, we’ll see the huge Contract Signing for the NWF British Heavyweight Title match ahead of Locked & Loaded! But before that we kick off tonight’s show with the second Semi Final of our Tag Team Tournament!”

Melanie Florence: “Humph…”

Jackie Goldstein: “Anything to add Melanie?”

Melanie Florence: “Don’t look at me, after the injustice we saw last week I’m pretending the rest of this tournament isn’t happening.”

Jackie Goldstein: “I take it you didn’t hear back from your MP then? Jon Michael Sharp & Martin Heath face the team of JK Lee and Padraig O’Hearne. Who will earn the right to face Future X at Locked & Loaded this Sunday?”

JonMichaelSharp.jpg.87ddae0084d00eed05af6ca5d33917a7.jpgMartinHeath.jpg.297a0b19ea0dbf4a5eae78e45d472fcc.jpgvs.jpg.3ae167b4e2475203b2717762e49e9a16.jpgJKLee.jpg.f2870ff8aee88587f41e1630fa0a478c.jpgPadraigOHearne.jpg.40fb82adf3d1a0735cb6b952bc207088.jpg

Jon Michael Sharp & Martin Heath VS JK Lee & Padraig O’Hearne

NWF Tag Team Tournament Semi Final

This match represented a huge opportunity for both teams, with the winner advancing to face Future X in the tournament final this weekend at Locked & Loaded. In the early stages of the match up Sharp & Heath made good use of frequent tags to keep their opponents off balance and control the tempo of the contest. However a huge Clothesline from Padraig O’Hearne turned the tide of the match, leading to Lee & O’Hearne taking control and isolating Martin Heath in their corner.

Lee & O’Hearne slowed the pace of the match right down using a series of holds to wear down Heath as he struggled in vain to make it back to his corner. This continued for a number of minutes, until Heath was finally able to wriggle free from a JK Lee Side Headlock and dive for his corner to make the hot tag to Jon Michael Sharp!

Sharp hit the ring fast, delivering a Clothesline to take JK Lee off his feet. Padraig O’Hearne entered the ring illegally to try and help his partner, but immediately ate a Dropkick from Sharp. JK Lee was back on his feet, but walked straight into a Snap Suplex. O’Hearne looked to hit another huge Clothesline, but Sharp was able to duck underneath and follow that up by delivering his own Clothesline to send O’Hearne flying over the top rope. Sharp pulled JK Lee back to his feet and looked to lift him into another Suplex, but Lee was able to expertly shift his weight and land on his feet behind Sharp. Grabbing his opponents arm, JK Lee pulled Sharp into position for his Crossface finisher! Sharp struggled against the move, but had no choice but to tap out!

Rating: 52

As Lee & O’Hearne celebrated their victory, they were interrupted by the appearance of Future X – their opponents at Locked & Loaded. Petey Barnes & Eric Future were joined by NWF Commissioner Leo Price, who was carrying a large glass case that was currently covered by a large velvet cloth.

PeteyBarnes.jpg.b0566d857b45254f2a569cb91909a26d.jpgEricFuture.jpg.fdaf8ee416f755bb469f42df55d67607.jpgLeoPrice.jpg.dd73cb6a6e300e4b772ddda76c426588.jpgJKLee.jpg.f2870ff8aee88587f41e1630fa0a478c.jpgPadraigOHearne.jpg.40fb82adf3d1a0735cb6b952bc207088.jpg

As Future X slid into the ring, Lee & O’Hearne immediately got in their faces until the two teams were separated by Leo Price. The commissioner announced that this Sunday these two teams would be competing for the brand new NWF British Tag Team Titles! “The Lion” then removed the velvet cloth and revealed the brand new title belts.

Generic_BritishTag.jpg.39bc685981ea5ac77904b5c9f894df31.jpgGeneric_BritishTag.jpg.39bc685981ea5ac77904b5c9f894df31.jpg

Both teams looked at the belts longingly. Future X eventually tore their eyes away and Eric Future and Petey Barnes outstretched their hands, offering their opponents a handshake in a sign of respect. Lee & O’Hearne stared at their opponents hands for a moment, before JK Lee grabbed his partners shoulder and led him out of the ring. Barnes & Future looked disappointed that their young opponents hadn’t accepted the sporting gesture, as Padraig O’Hearne called back to them "We’ll see ya Sunday lads.”

After one final shot of the new title belts, we cut to a pre-recorded video featuring the team Future X defeated in last week’s Main Event – Byron and his son, Bret Heartbreak.

Byron.jpg.9b6757efa23c79bbf34570423767a406.jpgBretHeartbreak.jpg.a8edca434404a04518f9e407e722030b.jpg

Bret Heartbreak is lying on the Bench Press doing reps, while his father paces behind the bench barking at his son.

Byron: “I handed that match to you on a plate, and you lose it like that? It’s embarrassing!”

Bret Heartbreak just grunted as he racked the bar. This seemed to annoy Byron even more.

Byron (cuffing the back of his sons head): “Was that 10? Are you even trying?”

Bret Hearbreak (speaking like a chided infant): “Yes it was 10…”

Byron: “It was 8, do you think I’m not counting? I’m the “Blue Blood”… I see everything!”

Bret just has his head down mumbling.

Byron: “Get back under that bar, I’ll whip you into shape myself if I have to! My own son losing to Petey Barnes and Eric Future… I never thought I’d see the day…”

Byron continues to mutter angrily under his breath as a grumpy Bret Heartbreak gets back under the bar for another set. Back on commentary Jackie Goldstein observes that the loss last week looks to have driven a wedge between father and son, but Melanie Florence shoots him down. She say this was just “tough love” and was EXACTLY was young Bret Heartbreak needed after what happened last week. She promised that Byron & Bret will be back at the very top of NWF soon, and told her announcing partner to just wait and see…

Rating: 31

Dangermouth.jpg.aa02665d64319c865a535b8883519270.jpgvs.jpg.3ae167b4e2475203b2717762e49e9a16.jpgJonniLeyland.jpg.d8cf1683e11baf9101bc666b1d3309c2.jpg

Dangermouth VS Jonni Leyland

This was a short, one-sided match intended to show off the skills of the debuting Dangermouth. The young Grime artist overwhelmed his vastly more experienced opponent with his Brawling style. Dangermouth worked through his arsenal, before putting away Leyland with his Flatliner (Reverse STO) finisher.

Rating: 35

WelshDragon.jpg.6357bf3f8b16968551db8366ebfcf011.jpgvs.jpg.3ae167b4e2475203b2717762e49e9a16.jpgBaliDaljit.jpg.cdfad89bd56dd87e91e907d7f48f04b0.jpgvs.jpg.3ae167b4e2475203b2717762e49e9a16.jpgLeightonBuzzard.jpg.ca3dbe4977d81cb6124468782fdb77f2.jpgvs.jpg.3ae167b4e2475203b2717762e49e9a16.jpgStardustPhilCox_alt1.jpg.d310a5b5cacc4d64dd7e058a2cbe542a.jpg

Welsh Dragon VS Bali Daljit VS Leighton Buzzard VS Stardust Phil Cox

The first of two Cruiserweight showcase matches on tonights card, this match was contested at the break neck speed you would expect from these competitors. This one was given a bit of time, and the usually high-flying Welsh Dragon, Daljit and Buzzard were given a chance to showcase some of their technical chops as well.

The match eventually went to the outside, with Dragon, Daljit and Buzzard all brawling. Stardust Phil Cox came flying over the top rope with a Somersault Senton! Luckily for Welsh Dragon he saw Stardust coming and, in a show of great agility, was able to roll away and avoid the impact. Daljit & Buzzard were not so lucky, and Stardust Phil Cox crashed spectacularly into the pair leaving all three men down.

Sensing an opportunity, Welsh Dragon rolled Stardust Phil Cox back into the ring. Still feeling the effects of the dive, Stardust struggled slowly back to his feet but immediately ate a Dragon Kick. Welsh Dragon fell into the cover and referee Ray Worrall counted the 1… 2… 3!

Rating: 49

Next we are introduced to new NWF interviewer Rachel Dearheart for the first time here, as she welcomes “The Springbok” Landon Mallory to the ring. As Mallory makes his entrance, Rachel Dearheart runs through a list of his achievements in Europe. Landon Malory smiles and waves to the crowd as he makes his way down to the ring.

LandonMallory.jpg.aa82dd7f40fa7b43a9d73b1721617abc.jpg

Rachel Dearheart: “Landon, welcome to the UK. You’re originally from South Africa, so I have to ask – What brought you to this side of the world?”

Landon Mallory lifted his microphone to answer, but was immediately cut off by the music of Joey “The Breeze” Beauchamp. Much like last week, the normally calm and composed veteran looked decided pissed off.

JoeyBeauchamp.jpg.9cdf064ec96e58a87a48a14b8c062e4a.jpg

“The Breeze” entered the ring and was immediately nose to nose with “The Springbok”.

Joey Beauchamp: “I’ve been waiting for you to turn up… because I want to know what makes you so special. You win a couple of titles in Europe and all of a sudden get your own showcase video?”

Landon Mallory (taking a step back): “You need to calm down, eh?”

Joey Beauchamp (through gritted teeth): “I am calm! I am cool! I am… The Breeze!”

Landon Mallory raised an eyebrow at Rachel Dearheart, who giggled. This sent Joey Beauchamp over the edge.

Joey Beauchamp: “I am done being disrespected around here! I have more talent in my little finger than this hack has in his entire body, and I’ll prove it this Sunday at Locked & Loaded!”

Landon Mallory: “You want a match? All you got to do is ask, krimpie?”

Joey Beauchamp: “What did you call me?”

The two men are back nose to nose, until “The Springbok” smiles and backs away.

Landon Mallory: “I’ll see you on Sunday “Breeze””

With that Mallory exits the ring, leaving a seething Joey Beauchamp and a nervous looking Rachel Dearheart.

Rating: 40

CainCarlile.jpg.78ac87ee6acb923a41936c417160c4b4.jpgvs.jpg.3ae167b4e2475203b2717762e49e9a16.jpgGrantTaypen.jpg.48b51f3e62c70e70fce1b623e84aa916.jpgvs.jpg.3ae167b4e2475203b2717762e49e9a16.jpgChuckFrisby.jpg.884d4d57dfadaaa36a96754157cba464.jpgvs.jpg.3ae167b4e2475203b2717762e49e9a16.jpgBrilliantWhite.jpg.985cd1925a349d3ec33d37f29755cb4f.jpg

“Captain Crash” Cain Carlile VS Grant Taypen VS Chuck Frisby VS Brilliant White

The second of our Cruiserweight showcases was far more of a clash of styles than the first. Cain Carlile and Brilliant White once again flew around the ring at breakneck speed, but this time around Grant Taypen and Chuck Frisby were doing everything in their power to slow the pace down – Grant Taypen by using his Technical wrestling skills and Chuck Frisby by taking shortcuts wherever possible.

Cain Carlile dominated the early proceedings, flying recklessly around the ring at astonishing speeds. Chuck Frisby in particular struggled to keep up with the youngster, a fact quickly picked up on by the crowd who got on the back of the personal trainer. Carlile continued to fly around the ring, until he charged at Taypen who ducked down and Back Dropped Carlile over the top rope and “Captain Crash” landed hard on the outside!

With Carlile down, Taypen took the opportunity to really slow down the pace of proceedings and took control of the contest with his chain and mat wrestling. Taypen looked like he had a handle on things, until the Heels joined forces to overwhelm Taypen and dump him out of the ring as well!

With just Brilliant White and Chuck Frisby left in the ring, this effectively became a 1-on-1 contest. Brilliant White raised the pace of the match once again, and it was quickly evident that Frisby was struggling to keep up with his masked opponent. The crowd quickly got on to Frisby, which was enough to distract the Fitness Instructor and saw him eat a DDT from his opponent. Brilliant White went to the top rope and hit his White Out (Swanton Bomb) finisher. With Taypen and Carlile still down on the outside, Brilliant White was able to make the cover and pick up his first win in the NWF.

Rating: 40

NateManchester.jpg.1c2712d829b923ed040e6da594b0afd3.jpgvs.jpg.3ae167b4e2475203b2717762e49e9a16.jpgDwayneDark.jpeg.c41cadc2cd477f9b850cecf5a8117641.jpeg

Nate Manchester VS Dwayne Dark

Our Main Event was up next. Dwayne Dark was the first man out, and he met his personal trainer Chuck Frisby half way to the ring. Frisby was grasping his ribs from the previous match, but gave Dark a rousing pep talk… or at least he tried to, his client didn’t look like he was paying Frisby too much attention as he continued stomping his way to the ring. Frisby, seemingly annoyed at Dark not heeding his advice, marched angrily to the back, still clutching his ribs and yelling at random fans on the way to put their chips down and do some jumping jacks.

This was not the match up that Nate Manchester would have chosen only days out from his title match at Locked & Loaded. Dwayne Dark was the bigger, stronger man and he used those advantages to full effect throughout this match. With no Chuck Frisby at ringside, Dark was free of distractions and focused his attack on the body of Nate Manchester. A couple of big kidney shots had Manchester doubled over in pain, and things looked bad for “The Real Angel Of The North” when Dark pulled him into a huge Bear Hug.

Manchester struggled against the Bear Hug, but it looked set tight. Getting desperate, Manchester started throwing some heavy looking elbows to the head of his opponent. Dwayne Dark held the Bear Hug for as long as he could, but eventually had to let go of the hold to escape the barrage of elbows. Nate Manchester staggered to a corner for support as he held his ribs. Sensing an opportunity Dwayne Dark charged at Nate Manchester, but “The Real Angel Of The North” saw him coming and was able to step out of the way and send the Ripped Middleweight crashing headfirst into the turnbuckle! Dazed, Dark turned back into the middle of the ring… straight into a Roundhouse Kick! Nate Manchester staggered back to the turnbuckle, and slowly, painfully pulled himself to the top rope. He signaled to the crowd and landed his Manc-Sault! “The Real Angel Of The North” immediately grabbed his ribs in pain, but was able to crawl into the cover and secure a hard fought victory.

On commentary, Jackie Goldstein calls it a huge win for Nate Manchester but Melanie Florence points out that Edison Silva must have enjoyed what he saw in this match. As “The Real Angel Of The North” continued grasping his ribs as he celebrates his victory, Melanie Florence asks if those injured ribs make Edison Silva the favourite heading into Sunday at Locked & Loaded?

Rating: 53

We cut backstage to new NWF interviewer Rachel Dearheart, who is stood by with Chuck Frisby.

ChuckFrisby.jpg.884d4d57dfadaaa36a96754157cba464.jpg

Rachel Dearheart: “Another tough night for you Chuck, with both yourself and your client coming up short…”

Chuck Frisby: “Look, I think that anyone who knows anything about… well… anything; knows that multi-man matches are unpredictable, okay? You can’t really take any real insight from the results of a four way match up. There’s too many variables.”

Rachel Dearheart: “Okay… but what do you say to the people who thought you were struggling to keep up with the pace of the match? Was it a cardio issue or…?

Chuck Frisby (angrily): “A cardio issue? Are you kidding me…” The trainer took a deep breath to regain his composure, before continuing. “Look, Rachel, did you see those people in the audience tonight? The last time they ran was after an ice cream truck! Are you really going to take fitness insights from them? I’m a personal trainer, do you really think I would be having cardio issues?”

Rachel Dearheart: “Well let’s talk about Frisbys Foundation for Fitness… given the results of both yourself and your client so far in the NWF so far, people have called your training methods into question. What do you say to them?”

Chuck Frisby: “Calling my training methods into question? How dare they! You try to help these people and…”

Rachel Dearheart (cutting across Frisby): “Do you have any qualifications or certificates you could show your doubters? You must have documentation of your training right?”

Chuck Frisby: “Qualifications… you want to see qualifications? Ohhh I’ll show you qualifications. Tune in next week and I’ll show you all the qualifications you’ll ever need! Because whether these people like it or not, my name is Chuck Frisby and I’m here to tackle England’s obesity crisis one LOSER at a time!”

Frisby stormed off angrily, leaving a stunned Rachel Dearheart staring after him.

Rating: 35

NateManchester.jpg.1c2712d829b923ed040e6da594b0afd3.jpgLeoPrice.jpg.dd73cb6a6e300e4b772ddda76c426588.jpg

We cut back to the ring, where an official looking table and chairs had been set up for the contract signing for the BWF British Heavyweight Championship at Locked & Loaded this Sunday. Nate Manchester was still celebrating in the ring, and had been joined by the NWF Commissioner Leo Price who had placed another glass case with a velvet cover alongside an official looking contract in the middle of the table.

With everything seemingly set up, Edison Silva’s music hits and he walks out alongside his lawyer Mo Adebola who is clasping a folded piece of paper.

EdisonSilva.jpg.5e20d8fb8c9646dab9832a2f993d6701.jpgMoAdebola.jpg.06f997c9743719c3e4757c4ec72f0560.jpg

Mo Adebola: “Nate… I’m surprised you don’t have a lawyer present with you. The contract requires a counter sign from your legal representative… you have read the contract haven’t you?”

Adebola grins as he and his client enter the ring, and he unfolds the piece of paper in his hand and places it on the table alongside the main document.

Mo Adebola: “Luckily for you I am prepared for every eventuality and I drafted up this waiver. If you sign this, we can proceed without the counter signature…”

Adebola handed a pen to Nate Manchester, who immediately signed the document. A momentary grin formed across the lawyers face, but it was gone as he turned to Leo Price.

Mo Adebola: “You’ll need to sign it too Commissioner…”

The NWF Commissioner gave Adebola a long, hard look before eventually also signing the waiver. As soon as the pen left the paper, Adebola quickly snapped it up and pocketed it. Beaming he motioned for everyone to take a seat so that they could proceed with the official contract signing… which was surprisingly uneventful. First Edison Silva signed, then Mo Adebola, then Nate Manchester and finally Leo Price to make the match official.

With the formalities completed, Leo Price then announced that on the table was the title belt that the two men would be competing for this Sunday at Locked & Loaded! Pulling off the velvet cover, Leo Price held the belt between the two men.

Generic_BritishHeavyweight.jpg.0db797f7df5bce66b2947810a60609f1.jpg

Nate Manchester outstretched a hand, but Edison Silva stood motionless with his arms folded staring a hole into his opponent. After a moment Nate glanced at Leo Price, who shrugged his shoulders. Nate turned to leave, and immediately Silva jumped into life looking to land a sneak attack ahead of Sunday… presumably looking to target “The Real Angel Of The North’s” injured ribs, but Leo Price stepped in to stop the MMA fighter. Mo Adebola went apoplectic, yelling that Price shouldn’t be “putting his hands on the talent”! Leo Price didn’t budge, and was nose to nose with Silva. Adebola pulled his client away, but then got in Price’s face himself yelling that this was incredibly unprofessional.

Silva, seemingly having seen enough, turned away… right into a Roundhouse Kick from Nate Manchester! “The Real Angel Of The North” headed up to the top rope and delivered his Manc-Sault, before quickly exiting the ring still holding his injured ribs. Adebola turned to see what had happened, and immediately demanded why the NWF Commissioner hadn’t stepped in to stop it. Price told the lawyer that he shouldn’t be “putting his hands on the talent”. Adebola got back in Price’s face and the two men continued arguing as the show went off the air.

Rating: 60

Melanie Florence: “Mo Adebola thought he had every eventuality covered, but it’s Nate Manchester who has the last laugh heading into their title match at Locked & Loaded! You’ve got to wonder if those ribs will be healed up by Sunday though…”

Jackie Goldstein: “Elsewhere on the card Future X face JK Lee and Padraig O’Hearne for the NWF British Tag Team Titles and Landon Mallory makes his in ring debut against Joey Beauchamp!”

Melanie Florence: “We’re also hearing that the two winners of tonight’s Cruiserweight showcase matches will be wrestling on Sunday night! Welsh Dragon vs Brilliant White is “locked in!”

Jackie Goldstein: “For all that and more make sure to join us this Sunday at 8PM for our special presentation streaming live and On Demand exclusively here on WrestleWorld GB!”

• Like 9

On 10/22/2023 at 8:10 PM, 619 said:

Just got caught up. A really enjoyable start. Lots of strong characters and dynamics emerging already like Frisby and Dark, Silva and Adebola and The Heartbreaks being cheered on by Florence on commentary. I also really like the move of having the tag tournament headline all those early shows to really establish the division as important and make the eventual prize feel really prestigious.

Thank you for the kind words, and thanks for following along! I'm glad you're enjoying the characters, I think the British scene hasn't been explored much on this forum so it's something of a blank canvas. Chuck Frisby was the catalyst for this diary, which I think shows in how much I'm using his considering his lack of talent, so I'm glad you're enjoying him! I'll be honest the Tag division getting so much focus is partially due to my lack of Main Eventers, but I want to make that belt a big deal as there are a lot of good teams on the roster!

Thanks to everyone who predicted and reacted to Episode 4, it really is appreciated. I've been thinking about predictions going forwards and will be asking for opinions in this round as we head into Locked & Loaded. Locked & Loaded will be the final show of this round of predictions, so be sure to get your picks in! 

Results for Episode 4

newbiezness 4/5

HiPLus 4/5

smw88 3/5

KyTeran 3/5

John Lions 3/5

Standings After Four Episodes

newbiezness 16/22

KyTeran 14/22

smw88 13/22

John Lions 11/16

HiPlus 10/16

LockedANDLoaded.jpg.822a978db1f65bc52a63f2acd0007bed.jpg

Predictions for NWF National Wrestling, Locked & Loaded

NWF British Tag Team Titles: Future X (Petey Barnes & Eric Future) vs JK Lee & Padraig O'Hearne

Landon Mallory vs Joey Beauchamp

NWF Cruiserweight Championship: Welsh Dragon vs Brilliant White

Dangermouth vs ???

NWF British Heavyweight Championship: Nate Manchester vs Edison Silva w/ Mo Adebola

Additional Question:

Going forwards would you like predictions for weekly TV shows, or just "special presentations" (Events)? I like reading the predictions every show, but could potentially move through the shows more quickly without them. I don't mind either way, so happy to go with the majority.

A. I like predicting weekly TV, leave it as is

B. I'd prefer to just pick the monthly events

C. I don't mind either way

(Optional) Bonus question: What sign would you bring to the show?

• Like 1

I thought every segment was on point on this go-home show. The non-handshake established firm roles for the tag match. The Heartbreak skit gave more insight into their father-son dynamic (I forgot to say I loved the writing to the MP line that you followed up again here). The Mallory-Beauchamp confrontation did a great job of setting their match up in a single segment. The Frisby stuff is always fun and it makes sense he was your inspiration for the dynasty based on all the ideas you have for him. And the contract signing might have been my favourite with the subversion of expectations with the guy who'd already wrestled and was nursing an injury standing tall and Price throwing Adebola's words back at him, but with a hint that Adebola may have a surprise in store with how everything was signed. Perfect lead-in to your first big show.

• Like 1

NWF British Tag Team Titles: Future X (Petey Barnes & Eric Future) vs JK Lee & Padraig O'Hearne

Landon Mallory vs Joey Beauchamp

Dangermouth vs ???

NWF British Heavyweight Championship: Nate Manchester vs Edison Silva w/ Mo Adebola

Additional Question:

Going forwards would you like predictions for weekly TV shows, or just "special presentations" (Events)? I like reading the predictions every show, but could potentially move through the shows more quickly without them. I don't mind either way, so happy to go with the majority.

• Like 1

NWF British Tag Team Titles: Future X (Petey Barnes & Eric Future) vs JK Lee & Padraig O'Hearne

Dangermouth vs ???

Additional Question:

For the tag title match: The Future is Now

• Like 2

I'm a big proponent for an established team beating a team of two (skilled) individuals, especially in a tag setting. Future X have the pedigree to be a great choice for the first champs.

Beauchamp is great, but Landon Mallory is the future of European wrestling. If this were 5 years ago, I'd give it to Joey.

Welsh Dragon has been a pretty key player in NWF so far, while Brilliant White made his first appearance I believe on the go-home show. Sets up an easy future rematch with good old Chuck.

Dangermouth vs ???
Hard time picking against ???, but Dangermouth has been hyped hard and he has the intangibles to where him losing to a mystery opponent wouldn't be doing him justice.

I could see it going either way, but I think the money is always in the chase, and Nate has an 

Additional Question:

I find it a lot easier to provide comments and feedback framed around each episode, personally

He's not on the card (at least wrestling), but this is what I'm bringing:

image.png

• Like 3

Predictions for NWF National Wrestling, Locked & Loaded

Future X had a big upset leading into the titles match and I just like them more. 

This is a coin flip in my books

Dangermouth vs ???

Always back the ??? in a debut match

Edison looks primed to be a big champion and establish the title with someone like Nate chasing him at the moment. 

Additional Question:

Heartbreakers leave me Heartbroken!

• Like 2

NWF British Tag Team Titles: Future X (Petey Barnes & Eric Future) vs JK Lee & Padraig O'Hearne

Dangermouth vs ???

Additional Question:

Frisbys Foundation for Fitness member

• Like 1

Having been a bit late to the party in catching up on this, I'd been waiting for an opportunity to jump in on the predictions, and though I won't win this series, the PPV seems like the perfect place!

NWF British Tag Team Titles:
Future X (Petey Barnes & Eric Future) vs JK Lee & Padraig O'Hearne

NWF Cruiserweight Championship:
Welsh Dragon
vs Brilliant White

Dangermouth vs ???

NWF British Heavyweight Championship:
Nate Manchester vs Edison Silva w/ Mo Adebola

Additional Question:

My MP doesn't answer me either

• Like 1

WrestleWorld GB & NWF Present:

NWF.jpg.6b9377a72a6c78a0b7b3952ef3bda81e.jpg WrestleWorldGB.jpg.36745fe32d3e15a62cd83b2e52acb178.jpg

LockedANDLoaded.jpg.b27c0ce4ce5073f1ad34a9cabd337960.jpg

Locked & Loaded

Sunday W1 November

Attendance: 300 (Sell Out)

Show Rating: 55

NWF.jpg.6ff23eb25d541b624b2f9515637197d2.jpg

JackieGoldstein.jpg.9e4ece77638c2c1825d295c4152d82a1.jpg MelanieFlorence.jpg.fc8944d3f9eccd656c5c2ccbacfd7cbe.jpg

Jackie Goldstein: “Hello and welcome to this Special Presentation of the National Wrestling Federation, streaming exclusively live and On Demand at WrestleWorld GB! What a night it promises to be Melanie Florence!”

Melanie Florence: “You can say that again Jackie! We have three huge title matches Locked And Loaded, including the big one: Nate Manchester faces Edison Silva to crown the very first NWF British Heavyweight Champion!”

Jackie Goldstein: “And we open tonight with one of those title matches! Eight teams have been battling it out for over a month to earn the chance to be the very first NWF British Tag Team Champions, but who will it be: Future X or JK Lee & Padraig O’Hearne?”

Melanie Florence: “It shouldn’t be either of them! Either way the tournament will end in Heartbreak for me!”

The camera pans over signs saying “My MP doesn’t answer me either”, before Future X’s music hits for our opening bout!

Generic_BritishTag.jpg.2ac01d719b86940b34b10b499b9f46b6.jpgGeneric_BritishTag.jpg.2ac01d719b86940b34b10b499b9f46b6.jpg

PeteyBarnes.jpg.6c8321362681b18cfea5b3a669ed3228.jpgEricFuture.jpg.0df7dee8490b4d0ce2ea60338c9c28b8.jpgvs.jpg.30d74102383f8719541562515ce6724e.jpgJKLee.jpg.49a3bd7eebe2a7adf57b142f166ce372.jpgPadraigOHearne.jpg.b590777a1581b4361b665f3b50c82daf.jpg

Future X (Petey Barnes & Eric Future) VS JK Lee & Padraig O’Hearne

NWF British Tag Team Titles

These were two teams on the opposite end of the experience spectrum. Future X had been teaming together for over 13 years, winning 6 tag team titles across Britain and Europe. By contrast, at just 27 years old both JK Lee and Padraig O’Hearne were comparitively in their infancy as a tag team. Having never won a title as a tag team, this match was a huge opportunity for the youngsters.

In a subversion of the usual expectations it was the veterans who looked to push the pace of this match, with the 27 year old Lee & O’Hearne doing everything to slow the pace down and bring the match to the mat. Barnes & Future had the best of the early stages, showing their years of experience with frequent tags to keep their opponents off balance. However, as the biggest man in the match, Padraig O’Hearne was able to turn the tide for his team. Eric Future looked for a Diving Crossbody off the top rope, but was caught out of the air by O’Hearne and slammed to the mat!

With the youngsters now in control, the pace of the match slowed. O’Hearne tagged in JK Lee, who went to work on the arms of Future. JK Lee took things to the mat, before locking in a standing Sleeper hold. Future battled against the hold for a few minutes, before digging the elbows into the abdomen of JK Lee. A few sharp elbows were enough to break the hold, and Eric Future immediately dived for the tag. JK Lee dived after him trying prevent the tag by grabbing his leg, but it wasn’t enough and Petey Barnes hit the ring like a steamtrain!

With JK Lee on the ground from diving to try and prevent the tag, Petey Barnes hit him with a Sliding Dropkick. Padraig O’Hearne hit the ring to try and cut Barnes off, but missed with his Clothesline and immediately ate a Dropkick! O’Hearne staggered against the ropes for support, but both Barnes and a recovered Future delivered Double Dropkicks to send the Irishman over the top rope to the outside. The two members of Future X turned back to survey JK Lee, who was struggling back to his feet. Petey Barnes took the time to point to a sign stating “The Future Is Now”, before the veterans hit their Future Shock (Aided Double Arm DDT) on the youngster. Barnes fell into the cover and Roy Worrall made the three count to crown Future X the inaugural NWF British Tag Team Champions!

Rating: 46

Future X celebrated their huge victory, holding their titles aloft. This was their seventh reign as Tag Champions across three different companies.

Dangermouth.jpg.d495d27af4921202dc80ae2c729c891d.jpg

With the celebrations winding up, the camera cut to a small VIP box in the arena where Dangermouth was seated with his entourage being served beer and champagne by a crew of waiters. One of Dangermouth’s entourage can be seen whispering to one of the waiters who nods, before running off to the back. We hear Rachel Dearheart announcing the first competitor for the next match… Dangermouth!

The grime star looks completely caught off guard, while his ‘boys’ are falling over themselves laughing around him. Recovering from the shock, Dangermouth nods and high fives a few of the crowd on his way from the VIP area to the ring. Looking very happy with themselves, the members of Dangermouth’s entourage left in the VIP flagged down the waiters to top up their champagne flutes… clearly intent on making good use of the hospitality.

Dangermouth.jpg.d495d27af4921202dc80ae2c729c891d.jpgvs.jpg.30d74102383f8719541562515ce6724e.jpg_BlankBackground.jpg.6db26375e8af8f2dfece21ca4b7987f7.jpg

Dangermouth VS Local Talent

Despite Dangermouth being seemingly unprepared for this match up, he made short work of his unannounced opponent. Once again, this was a short match intent on showcasing the skills of the young grime star. Dangermouth worked through his arsenal, before putting his opponent away with his Flatliner (Reverse STO).

Following his victory, Dangermouth sloped back to the VIP area to join his entourage – who greeted him like a returning hero, spraying him with a bottle of champagne. Dangermouth settled back into his seat and accepted a flute of champagne from one of the waiters, seemingly intent on enjoying the rest of the show.

Rating: 37

LandonMallory.jpg.9bb8f3ae78a02310fab97996698b8480.jpgvs.jpg.30d74102383f8719541562515ce6724e.jpgJoeyBeauchamp.jpg.870cf796a00f7a0f5f73e32c204733c9.jpg

“The Springbok” Landon Mallory vs Joey “The Breeze” Beauchamp

Both of these men have had hugely successful careers in Europe. “The Springbok” is a former 6-time VWA European Champion, while “The Breeze” is a former 4-time UEW World Champion. Joey Beauchamp took huge issue at Mallory’s debut receiving what he felt received a disproportionate amount of attention compared to his own.

This was the first chance for NWF fans to see Mallory in the ring, and it was immediate obvious that the South African was a powerhouse! “The Springbok” exploded into the match, completely overwhelming “The Breeze” in the early stages. It took all of Beauchamp’s veteran wiles to work his way back into the match, and required the Oxford native to cut a few corners to do so.

However, as is often the case with an unstoppable force, Beauchamp’s veteran wiles could only hold off “The Springbok” for so long. A huge shoulder tackle took Beauchamp off his feet, before an Exploder Suplex shook the mat. The crowd were behind Mallory as he hoisted “The Breeze” up onto his shoulder for a Running Powerslam… but the veteran was able to slip out over the South African’s shoulder, and immediately pushed Mallory into the referee. This move distracted referee Ray Worrall for only a second, but that was all the time Beauchamp needed as he delivered a painful looking low blow! “The Springbok’s” eyes widened, as Beauchamp immediately rolled up his opponent… pulling on the tights for good measure. Unfortunately, the referee missed this and the South African was unable to kick out.

Joey Beauchamp immediately rolled out of the ring as the bell rang, barely allowing Ray Worrall to raise his arm in victory. “The Breeze” had an unbearably smug grin on his face, as Jackie Goldstein berated the veteran on commentary calling his win “cheap” and “tainted”. Melanie Florence remarked that she wouldn’t want to be Beauchamp when Mallory got his hands on him…

Rating: 42

ChuckFrisby.jpg.f69749d8de6a4f257600ceaf1281cb3d.jpg DwayneDark.jpeg.4b24f337131b99572c017930866c42af.jpeg

Next up we have personal trainer Chuck Frisby making his way to the ring alongside his client Dwayne Dark. Chuck Frisby still looks in a bad mood following his disastrous interview on National Wrestling on Wednesday night.

Chuck Frisby: “It seems there are people out there doubting my training methods. Doubting Frisbys Foundation For Fitness… You people want to see some qualifications… I’ll show you all the qualifications you need this Wednesday night on National Wrestling! In the mean time…”

Chuck Frisby pauses, a sign seeming to have caught his eye.

Frisby.thumb.png.73ccec8c4cada0a67ecb9cdd2d16e9eb.png

Chuck Frisby: “You know what… I’ve got an idea. You want to train with Chuck Frisby? Yeah? Well come and train with Chuck Frisby!”

Chuck Frisby slides out of the ring and pulls the sign holder from the audience, leading him to the ring.

Chuck Frisby: “What’s your name?”

Audience Member: “John.”

Chuck Frisby: “And John. Have you joined Frisby’s Foundation for Fitness for the low, low price of £9.99 per month?”

John (hesitates): “I… er… I will do!”

Chuck Frisby (showing a flicker of annoyance): “Well… make sure you do! But how about a trial workout right here in this ring?”

Frisby dramatically asks the crowd if they want to see that, and surprisingly the sell-out crowd seem to be getting behind the personal trainer. Frisby gets both ‘John’ and Dwayne Dark down in position for press ups and begins counting reps for them. John is looking strong, however once Frisby gets to 5 he suddenly delivers a boot to the back of ‘John’, who immediately slumps to the mat. The crowd are booing Frisby loudly now, who has to raise his voice to be heard over the boos.

Chuck Frisby: “You “will do”… do you think I’m an idiot. Well after Wednesday night all of you will look like the idiots, and I will FINALLY get the respect I deserve! Because my name is Chuck Frisby, and I’m here to tackle England’s obesity crisis one IDIOT at a time!”

With that Frisby threw his microphone to the floor, delivered another boot to the floored ‘John” for good measure, and motioned for Dark to follow him. The ripped Middleweight reluctantly followed his trainer, who made a point of stopping and grabbing a sign from a fan and ripping it in half. The camera panned in on the sign, which had previously read “Frisby Foundation For Fitness Member”.

Rating: 33

Generic_Cruiser01.jpg.201510237f4400d0cfbd47192f86436c.jpg

WelshDragon.jpg.3fe29b15fdfb3d3f47d69958f5eefff7.jpgvs.jpg.30d74102383f8719541562515ce6724e.jpgBrilliantWhite.jpg.78947665d500d785d68089045c1ff619.jpg

Welsh Dragon VS Brilliant White

NWF Cruiserweight Championship

Both of these men had won a Cruiserweight showcase match up on Wednesday night to earn their spot in this title match. Brilliant White made an over the top, theatrical entrance with his Phantom Of The Opera style mask to provide a sense of grandeur to this title match.

These are two of the flashiest workers in the NWF, and this match took to the air whenever possible. This match focused on “High Spots”, with Brilliant White in particular throwing himself around the ring with reckless abandon. On commentary Jackie Goldstein hyped that this was EXACTLY the kind of action that the Cruiserweight Title had been introduced to promote!

The match went back and forth at incredible speed, with both men leaping off turnbuckles, spring boarding off ring ropes and chaining together the most incredible series of moves. The finish of the match came as Brilliant White attempted another spring board dive, but this time telegraphed it and allowed Welsh Dragon to hit a spectacular Dragon Kick while Brilliant White was still mid air. Brilliant White crumpled to the mat, and Welsh Dragon picked up the victory to be crowned the very first NWF Cruiserweight Champion!

GrantTaypen.jpg.68652c0c3e49733d81421d2183b88601.jpgLeightonBuzzard.jpg.8adaacc37a4bc8aecbc87eb185950496.jpgvs.jpg.30d74102383f8719541562515ce6724e.jpgGazzVedmore.jpg.91e7eace7666bdd82fb07c12cc872f9c.jpgMickeyRobson.jpg.f38a278d5fd54a15b67eb6c25b1f1c2d.jpgvs.jpg.30d74102383f8719541562515ce6724e.jpgAltonVicious.jpg.bbbed29d5518219066347efabff749cb.jpgRiddickJordan.jpg.2a6b38552616bd00bdbf7d036bded453.jpg

Grant Taypen & Leighton Buzzard VS The Black Country Boys (Gazz Vedmore & Mickey Robson) VS The Northern Lights (Alton Vicious & Riddick Jordan)

A short match designed to showcase these three young teams. All three teams got in their shots, but it was the power and intensity of The Northern Lights that won the day. Riddick Jordan once again pulled out his Diving Headbutt to put away Mickey Robson, before tagging in Alton Vicious to hit the Lights Out (Doomsday Device) on Grant Taypen to secure the victory.

Rating: 45

Byron.jpg.4107c9b7e952569e5772d579be5162bf.jpg BretHeartbreak.jpg.72997d27c427e2fd80d5c941be9bdeae.jpg

We cut back to the VIP area, and find Byron and his son Bret Heartbreak trying to enter but being turned away by a pair of bouncers at the entrance. Byron can be hear loudly asking the bouncers if they knew who he was, a sentiment echoed by Melanie Florence on commentary.

The scene caught the attention of Dangermouth, who one of the bouncers asked if the Grime Star knew the pair… to which Dangermouth replied “Nah Man”. This enraged Byron who tried to launch himself at Dangermouth, and had to be restrained by both of the bouncers. This gave his son the opportunity to push past the bouncers, grab a flute of champagne from one of the waiters trays and throw it all over Dangermouth! The grime stars’ entourage immediately jumped into action and there was a brief scuffle until the bouncers could get in there to remove Bret Heartbreak from the VIP area.

Byron and Bret both looked in a foul mood as the bouncers led them to the back, clearly not used to being turned away from VIP area back in Europe. The camera panned to a “Heartbreakers leave me heartbroken” sign, prompting Melanie Florence to remark that this entire situation had left her heartbroken and that the Heartbreakers deserved better. Melanie promised the viewers that she’d be complaining about the VIP staff to NWF management regarding Byron’s treatment tonight.

Rating: 52

We cut away to Nate Manchester’s locker room. The Mancunian had a large amount of strapping around his injured ribs, and looked nervous as he wrapped up his knuckles. A knock at the door caused Nate to look up, but “The Real Angel Of The North” smiled as Leo Price stepped into the room. The two former tag partners shook hands.

NateManchester.jpg.136afb0632aa0574fccb9eef696866b4.jpg LeoPrice.jpg.8f024aa5797eac40b0fddbaed56bbe66.jpg

Leo Price: “I know as Commissioner I’m not meant to take sides, but I just wanted to say good luck tonight. How are the ribs healing?”

Nate Manchester: “They’re still hurting me, but you don’t get opportunities like this every day! I’m just going to give it everything I’ve got!”

“The Lion” tells his former tag team partner to “give him hell” and the two men shake hands again before the NWF Commissioner leaves the room.

Rating: 58

Generic_BritishHeavyweight.jpg.3aea695e4b581277462be62042816e86.jpg

NateManchester.jpg.136afb0632aa0574fccb9eef696866b4.jpgvs.jpg.30d74102383f8719541562515ce6724e.jpgEdisonSilva.jpg.75dfedc6781ec7b9d778a872345764f3.jpgMoAdebola.jpg.66f04e4386eb172227a54d24b6c473fd.jpg

“The Angel Of The North” Nate Manchester VS Edison Silva w/ Mo Adeboal

NWF British Heavyweight Championship

Edison Silva is out first, alongside his lawyer Mo Adebola. Both men look confident and seem largely unaffected by the crowds boos. By contrast Nate Manchester gets a great reaction from the crowd. He looks to be moving freely, but the large amount of taping around his ribs is hard to ignore.

Nate Manchester started this match at a hundred miles an hour, landing Flying Clotheslines, Dropkicks and Back Drops to keep his opponent off balance. However, it only took one heavy body shot from Edison Silva to knock the wind out of his opponents sails. “The Real Angel Of The North” was a lot more cagey from then on, seemingly unwilling to open himself up to another body shot to his injured ribs. Unfortunately for the babyface, this played right into the strengths of Edison Silva. Using his MMA background, Silva was able to control proceedings and was continually able to take his opponent to the ground and lock in a series of submission holds. While Manchester was able to avoid another heavy shot to the ribs, Edison Silva had completely nullified the Mancunians offence.

Feeling like he had complete control of the match up, Silva looked to changed tact and backed his opponent into the corner. Silva hit one shoulder to the injured ribs… two shoulders to the injured ribs… three shoulders to the injured ribs! Manchester writhed in pain in the corner as Silva backed up before sprinting across the ring looking for a spear… but Manchester was able to throw himself out of the way of the incoming Silva, and send the MMA fighter headfirst into the turnbuckle!

Both men were down, but with the support of the crowd it was Nate Manchester who was first back to his feet! Seemingly feeding off the energy of the crowd, “The Real Angel Of The North” seemed to find a second wind. Picking up the pace of the match, Nate Manchester was able to land a series of Flying Clotheslines that stopped Edison Silva from finding his feet. Silva threw a wild right hand, but Manchester was able to duck under it and land a huge Roundhouse Kick! With some difficulty due to his injured ribs, Manchester pulled his opponent into position and headed to the top rope… and nailing the Manc-Sault! “The Real Angel Of The North” let out an audible yell of pain and grabbed at his ribs, clearly having hurt himself landing the high risk move! Manchester scrabbled across the ring, one arm still clutched to his ribs, but he was able to drape an arm over Silva’s lifeless body!

Jackie Goldstein: “Nate Manchester looks in so much pain… but he’s got an arm over! One… Two… THREE… He’s done it! Nate Manchester is champion! He’s beaten Edison Silva… surely… but where’s the bell”

Confused on commentary, Jackie Goldstein and Melanie Florence watch the replay showing on screen with Mo Adebola placing his clients leg on the bottom rope just out of the view of referee Roy Worrall. The lawyer then screams as loud as he can to make sure Roy Worrall saw the leg JUST before he counted three. Jackie Goldstein is apoplectic on commentary, appalled at Adebola’s actions. Melanie Florence was taking a more practical viewpoint though:

Melanie Florence: “He’s just earned every penny that Silva’s paying him!”

Back in the ring Nate Manchester was down on the ground draped against the bottom turnbuckle, still holding his ribs clearly in pain. The Manc-Sault seemed to have done as much damage to Nate as it had his opponent. He was in discussion with the referee, with Roy Worrall trying to explain that Silva has his foot on the bottom rope. Looking dejected, Manchester hauled himself back to his feet using the ropes for support. Still holding his ribs, he turned back to the ring… but Edison Silva was back on his feet and delivered a heavy right hand to the ribs of Nate Manchester, doubling him over in pain. Sensing his chance, Silva delivered his Knee Strike KO to the defenceless Nate Manchester. Silva fell into the cover and Roy Worrall made the count to give Silva his very first title in professional wrestling, and it was the big one – the NWF British Heavyweight Championship!

Rating: 56

Roy Worrall presented Edison Silva with his Championship belt, and the MMA fighter immediately pulled Mo Adebola into a huge bear hug, seemingly fully aware of the role his manager had played in his victory. For his part, Adebola had a smug grin plastered over his face and applauded as his client climbed a turnbuckle and raised his title high into the sky.

Melanie Florence: “There you have it, Edison Silva is your NWF British Heavyweight Champion!”

Jackie Goldstein: “It should have been Nate! Mo Adebola has stolen the title from him!”

Melanie Florence: “Maybe so, but what can you do? All’s fair in love and war…”

Jackie Goldstein: “Be sure to join us this Wednesday night exclusively on WrestleWorld GB for all the fallout! Oh, and Chuck Frisby will present his coaching “qualifications” to the world… that should cheer me up! Thank you for joining us, and good night!”

• Like 7

Delightful show. I already popped at you writing the signs into the show and then you created a whole angle around one. Inspired. Likewise, I enjoyed the initial VIP skit fleshing out Dangermouth's character, and again you developed it further later on with the Heartbreaks confrontation. I liked your title calls: having a decorated team as your first champions gives that belt instant credibility, while a heel first top champion is good for the chase. Mallory v Beauchamp was interesting in going against readers' expectations, so I look forward to seeing what's next for both of them.

• Like 1

Locked and Loaded was a very good event and I enjoyed it.

I think Future X are a good choice for Tag Team champions after The Heartbreakers' chemistry proved to be worse than expected.

The title match between the two masked wrestlers was a good matchup and even surpassed the rating of the tag team title match. Very nice.

Chuck Frisby's segment was his best so far in my opinion and you used our feedback to enhance it. Brilliant.

The Main Event was really good and, as I said a few days ago, I think Edison Silva has everything to be a good inaugural champ. The way he became champion teases a future rematch.

The only weaknesses in my opinion were Dangermouth vs a local talent as I think everyone would expect something different of a mystery wrestler in the first big event of NWF and the triple threat tag team match that was placed before the Main Event, it wasn't a bad match, but pre-main event I think was too high in the card for a match like this.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 619 said:

Delightful show. I already popped at you writing the signs into the show and then you created a whole angle around one. Inspired. Likewise, I enjoyed the initial VIP skit fleshing out Dangermouth's character, and again you developed it further later on with the Heartbreaks confrontation. I liked your title calls: having a decorated team as your first champions gives that belt instant credibility, while a heel first top champion is good for the chase. Mallory v Beauchamp was interesting in going against readers' expectations, so I look forward to seeing what's next for both of them.

Thank you for the kind words @619! Once I saw the sign John Lions had created I needed to include it in the show somehow, so rewrote th Chuck Frisby segment to include it... then I thought, why not include all of the signs! It was honestly fun trying to write all of them in! For the Mallory/Beauchamp result, Lloyd did Mallory coming in with an unbeaten streak in his 21CW diary - so I wanted to go a different route. Pairing him in a feud with a veteran like Beauchamp will hopefully set him up for success going forwards!

10 hours ago, newbiezness said:

Locked and Loaded was a very good event and I enjoyed it.

I think Future X are a good choice for Tag Team champions after The Heartbreakers' chemistry proved to be worse than expected.

The title match between the two masked wrestlers was a good matchup and even surpassed the rating of the tag team title match. Very nice.

Chuck Frisby's segment was his best so far in my opinion and you used our feedback to enhance it. Brilliant.

The Main Event was really good and, as I said a few days ago, I think Edison Silva has everything to be a good inaugural champ. The way he became champion teases a future rematch.

The only weaknesses in my opinion were Dangermouth vs a local talent as I think everyone would expect something different of a mystery wrestler in the first big event of NWF and the triple threat tag team match that was placed before the Main Event, it wasn't a bad match, but pre-main event I think was too high in the card for a match like this.

Thanks @newbiezness

I'm glad everyone seems to be enjoying the Chuck Frisby skits, as I have big plans for his character! I just wish he scored better in game!

I've got big hopes for Edison Silva! He's young enough that he can still improve, and is currently the clear 'star' on my roster! Creatively, I also think his lawyer/client relationship works well with Mo Adebola. My only concern is a lack of credible face challengers long term, but I'm working on that!

I fully agree with the Dangermouth/Triple Threat criticism. Dangermouth's involvement is an interesting one, I took the decision to delay his introduction for character development reasons, but that meant I couldn't develop a proper storyline in one show - I'd already rushed Mallory/Beauchamp though in one confrontation, and didn't want to do that for two matches. So I decided to go for character building with the angles... but once my show was set up I was way too high on angles vs matches (events need 80% matches). So I had to remove a Future X celebration angle, and add the Triple Threat Tag match to pad out the card a bit and get within the match/angle guideline.

The way I look at shows, I don't tend to consider the Semi-Main Event in my planning. I put my best match as Main Event and my next best as the opener, then everything else gets slotted in trying to manage the crowd reaction (in game). I put the triple threat in ahead of the Heartbreakers angle as a bit of a cooldown ahead of two strong angles and the Main Event. I think this works fine to TV, but may review for my PPVs/special presentations going forwards. :)

Thank you to everyone who predicted/reacted on Locked & Loaded! Particularly to @John Lions for the incredible sign! I'm really enjoying booking this at the minute, and some big plans kick in next show! I'll try and have the final prediction results up later today! 

Edited by Charasmatic Enigma
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thank you again for all the feedback around Locked & Loaded! It's always great to hear what everyone enjoyed/any constructive criticism around the show.  

Locked & Loaded marked the end of our first prediction contest and @newbiezness has won this round! Congratulations, and check your inbox soon for your prize! Final results of this round of predictions below:

Results for Locked & Loaded

Smw88 4/5

KyTeran 4/5

John Lions 4/5

newbiezness 4/5

azzak 3/5

HiPLus 2/5

Standings After Four Episodes

newbiezness 20/27

KyTeran 18/27

smw88 17/27

John Lions 15/21

HiPlus 12/21

azzak 3/5

Unfortunately we didn't get a clear consensus on monthly vs weekly predicting, with one vote for monthly, one vote for weekly and four votes for "I don't care". Given that, we'll continue the weekly predictions for now - with the next contest running up to the December Event (4x TV + 1 Event). With that in mind, please see the card for the next episode of National Wrestling below:

Predictions for NWF National Wrestling, Episode 5

Cain Carlile vs Rhys Vali

Dangermouth vs Bret Heartbreak

Taypen & Buzzard vs The Northern Lights

Landon Mallory vs ???

NWF Cruiserweight Title Match:  Welsh Dragon (C) vs Martin Heath