NWF: Disrupting The Market

2 hours ago, newbiezness said:

Obviously everyone will see this in a different way, but IMHO having two managers at the beginning as the strongest characters is not good or bad, it just depends how you use them. You have Mo with your champion and Chuck is helping to create a strong tag team.

Stuart Wilson wouldn't have the same impact debuting outside of Chuck Frisby's wing and we have already seen some details about Stuart Wilson, not that he feels like a random guy. I think Frisby's Foundation For Fitness are potential NWF British Tag Team champions and even if they don't win the titles they will make the tag team division more relevant.

Agreed it's not necessarily a bad thing, just something I'm aware of. Chuck Frisby will always get promo time in this diary, even at the expense of "real wrestlers" because he's the character I'm having the most fun writing. I'm also treating Mo Adebola as an extension of my Champion, so I don't have a problem with him dominating promo time. It's more that guys like Dangermouth, Landon Mallory & Bret Heartbreak, who I've picked out as guys I want to push haven't necessarily been given the time they probable need/deserve. That's the bit I want to work on, bringing those guys and others like them more front and center.

Thanks to everyone who commented, predicted and reacted to Last Order! It's always good to get feedback on the show. A big thanks to @John Lions for the amazing poster and logo he made for Last Orders!

The predictions contest was incredibly close, with only one point seperating the top 3, but it was @KyTeran who edged out @newbiezness and @John Lions. I'll message you with your prize over the next couple of days. @newbiezness - I haven't forgotten your suggestion, expect it to show up at some point over the next couple of PPV cycles.

For anyone interested I have updated the roster and title pages on page 1 of the thread. 

Prediction Results for Episode 8

KyTeran 5/6

John Lions 5/6

newbiezness 4/6

smw88 3/6

Combined Prediction Results

KyTeran 24/26

newbiezness 23/26

John Lions 23/26

azzak 20/20

smw88 14/21

HiPlus 7/10

Predictions for NWF National Wrestling Episode 9

Nate Manchester vs JK Lee

Dangermouth vs Brilliant White

Sharp & Heath vs The Tribe (Rhys Vali & Rohan Kirchner)

Cain Carlile vs Dwayne Dark

Non-title Champion vs Champion match: Welsh Dragon vs Edison Silva w/ Mo Adebola

• Like 3

Manch bounces back after a tough loss, while JK Lee gets the chance to wrestle your #1 babyface after a good showing against Welsh Dragon

I'm pretty sure the only matches I've been wrong on are related to Dangermouth/Landon/The Heartbreaks, but I have a hard time believing Dangermouth loses here

No brainer, the skilled vets beat the lower card guys

#ChuckStrong

Non-title Champion vs Champion match: Welsh Dragon vs Edison Silva w/ Mo Adebola
This seems like a crazy choice, but barring a surprise debut you are severely lacking in babyfaces. A huge upset win gives you a potential challenger for Edison down the road or a short term min-feud on TV between events. More likely Edison wins here, but I can see Welsh Dragon getting an shock win with a flash pinfall or even some shenanigans and not havee it hurt your top champ in any way.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Charasmatic Enigma said:

The predictions contest was incredibly close, with only one point seperating the top 3, but it was @KyTeran who edged out @newbiezness and @John Lions. I'll message you with your prize over the next couple of days. @newbiezness - I haven't forgotten your suggestion, expect it to show up at some point over the next couple of PPV cycles.

It was close, congratulations to @KyTeran . It'll be interesting to see how you introduce my reward decision.

Nate Manchester can't lose again.

Same.

I think The Tribe has the potential to win Jobbers Of The Year.

It's always difficult to predict what can happen with Chuck Frisby and his guys, but I think Dwayne Dark needs to win this one.

While I would like Welsh Dragon to upset Silva, I admit that Silva should win.

• Like 1

I enjoyed Last Orders. As @John Lions mentioned previously, you kind of needed all three champions to survive their first big defences to establish the champions and the titles. This was done effectively and plenty of others got to shine on the card like Mallory, Frisby's Foundation and the Heartbreaks. And there's more to come with those angles too with the Dwayne Dark dissension teased and Dangermouth rallying after his biggest setback so far.

I agree with @newbiezness not to worry about two of your best characters being managers. I think in a written dynasty, it might just be easier to establish characters quickly through promos than matches as it's easier to hear a promo in your head than visualise a match, for me at least, so people are always going to be drawn to the main talkers, especially when they have distinct personalties or characteristics.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 619 said:

I agree with @newbiezness not to worry about two of your best characters being managers. I think in a written dynasty, it might just be easier to establish characters quickly through promos than matches as it's easier to hear a promo in your head than visualise a match, for me at least, so people are always going to be drawn to the main talkers, especially when they have distinct personalties or characteristics.

I agree with you, getting over with matches takes much longer but personally it is what really makes me a fan in the long term. If promos never translate to matches it is very difficult to keep the interest for a long time. You'd to be a hell of a writer.

• Like 2

Gutted to miss out on predicting the event, but I was crazily busy at the end of the week so unfortunately just didn't have the time! It was a very good show though and thoroughly enjoyed.

Predictions for NWF National Wrestling Episode 9

Non-title Champion vs Champion match: Welsh Dragon vs Edison Silva w/ Mo Adebola
I really wanted to go the other direction with this one, and I'm still debating changing my answer as I write this. In a champion vs champion match, the holder of the more prestigious belt has to win, unless defeat serves for a specific purpose. In this instance it would be to establish Welsh Dragon as Silva's next challenger - it would be a great way to set up Welsh Dragon as Edison Silva's next challenger, but that would realistically require Dragon to drop a title that he hasn't long won himself, so that's why I'm going for Silva.

• Like 1

WrestleWorld GB & NWF Present:

WrestleWorldGB.jpg.b7d68751b78b7548bf5622db8e07628a.jpg NWF.jpg.f0ce9a2ac9e13d76c8e6669fa06c992e.jpg

NWF National Wrestling

Episode #9

Wednesday W2 December 2020

Show Rating: 54

NWF.jpg.2d49bc4f04a43bf6eb2df1ea3c62480a.jpg

JackieGoldstein.jpg.be564d7d7cd15cdbb3ca334845364d96.jpg MelanieFlorence.jpg.03cd6c189407d727cc34c1cb57055408.jpg

Your Announce Team: Jackie Goldstein & Melanie Florence

Jackie Goldstein: “Hello and welcome back to National Wrestling, once again streaming exclusively on demand at WrestleWorld GB! My name is Jackie Goldstein, and joining me at ringside is Melanie Florence.”

Melanie Florence: “Thanks Jackie, what a night we had at ‘Last Orders’! Edison Silva was able to defeat Nate Manchester for a second time, and Byron was able to finally shut up that punk Dangermouth!”

Jackie Goldstein: “We have a huge show for you tonight, as for the first time in NWF history it’s Champion vs Champion as NWF British Heavyweight Champion faces off against Cruiserweight Champion Welsh Dragon!”

Melanie Florence: “Both men are undefeated in singles competition in the NWF… someone’s record is going to go tonight Jackie!”

NateManchester.jpg.a03574f699f2ca0c289e07379652c68b.jpgvs.jpg.0023c7eb593188677aaa3eebce6aeb95.jpgJKLee.jpg.a47f21e3bb86d7252813c783998f1cd8.jpg

“The Real Angel Of The North” Nate Manchester VS “The Bulldog” JK Lee

Both of these men were looking to bounce back from unsuccessful title challenges at ‘Last Orders’, and put on an incredible match to open the show. JK Lee probably surprised a few people with how he was able to control Nate Manchester in the early stages of the match, keeping “The Angel Of The North” glued to the mat.

After a couple of false starts, which Lee was able to quickly shut down, Nate Manchester finally broke free of “The Bulldog’s” clutches. He landed a series of Clotheslines and Dropkicks, before connecting with a Roundhouse Kick. The crowd rose to their feet as Nate Manchester headed to the top rope, and “The Real Angel Of The North” flew gracefully through the air to land his Manc-Sault to secure an impressive victory.

Rating: 53

NateManchester.jpg.a03574f699f2ca0c289e07379652c68b.jpg

Nate Manchester climbed a turnbuckle to celebrate his victory with the crowd. The crowd cheered the Geordie, who began to head to the back. He waved back to the crowd before looking to push through the curtain, only to come flying back through and land hard onto the ramp.

JoeyBeauchamp.jpg.8d6b22d2706bcc6641eb058a154bb321.jpg

Joey Beauchamp sauntered out from the back with a steel chair in hand. “The Breeze” wore a smug grin on his face as he stood over a KO’d Nate Manchester. The crowd booed Beauchamp, as Jackie Goldstein asked on commentary why “The Breeze” would attack Nate Manchester?

Rating: 46

Dangermouth.jpg.1c6a8fb15fbbf14e7f661dd25fcf41c1.jpgvs.jpg.0023c7eb593188677aaa3eebce6aeb95.jpgBrilliantWhite.jpg.a2cc1caa26759d59ec89efbec1c3a889.jpg

Dangermouth VS Brilliant White

Dangermouth was coming off a difficult loss against Byron at ‘Last Orders’, and was looking to put things right here. His opponent tonight was one of the few men in the NWF who could go toe to toe with Dangermouth on the ‘performance’ stakes. A blinding flash of white lights accompanied he start of Brilliant White’s spectacular entrance, and his Phantom of the Opera style mask showcased his flair for the dramatic.

Brilliant White had his moments in this match, throwing his body around with reckless abandon. However this would also prove to be his downfall, as the daredevil flew off the top rope straight into a right hand from Dangermouth and crumpled to the mat. The grime star hauled his opponent to his feet to deliver his Flatliner (Reverse STO) to secure the win.

Rating: 37

Dangermouth.jpg.1c6a8fb15fbbf14e7f661dd25fcf41c1.jpg

After having his hand raised, Dangermouth motioned for a microphone from ringside.

Dangermouth: “Yo, Byron, let’s not waste any time. Get yo’ ass out here!”

BretHeartbreak.jpg.49ae707785fa947cd2cf250d642b5c6f.jpg

Much to Dangermouth (and the crowd’s) disappointment, it wasn’t Byron who answered the call but his son Bret Heartbreak. Bret had been at ringside on Sunday, and had tripped Dangermouth in the lead up to the finish of the match.

Dangermouth (laughing): “Makes sense you’d be out here instead of your old man. What, you daddy’s messenger boy now?”

Bret Heartbreak (grimacing): “I am nobody’s ‘messenger boy’. There is only one reason that I’m out here tonight…”

Byron.jpg.94cd80f7b746ae32cf747e9a476cefad.jpg

Unfortunately, we never got to hear that reason as Byron had snuck into the ring behind Dangermouth and jumped the grime star from behind. With his job as distraction completed, Bret Heartbreak ran down to join his father in the ring and make it a two-on-one attack. Byron and Bret continued to lay the boots into Dangermouth, until…

LandonMallory.jpg.b3ab2928fd0b610efce2fe568fa2af17.jpg

Landon Mallory’s music hit and “The Springbok” came sprinting down to the ring. Seeing the South African coming, Byron and Bret both hastily retreated. Mallory helped Dangermouth to his feet, before grabbing a discarded microphone.

Landon Mallory: “Two weeks ago Dangermouth saved me from a beatdown like this, and I’m happy I could return the favour. Byron, you claim to be a “living legend”… so how about instead of jumping people from behind, you meet us face to face here in this ring next week?”

Byron smirked as he led Bret Heartbreak to the back. Seeing they weren’t going to get an answer tonight, Dangermouth and Landon Mallory shook hands before celebrating with the crowd.

Rating: 45

JonMichaelSharp.jpg.aaad5e9f3bffa5d7d9044424062ddf95.jpgMartinHeath.jpg.b60446d294ebcc592b6a4df16c49df4f.jpgvs.jpg.0023c7eb593188677aaa3eebce6aeb95.jpgRhysVali.jpg.edcd053e8c2a2c71ea49cd7bfea82396.jpgRohanKirchner.jpg.9e6e61d510a6aa6e2e2216691394759f.jpg

Sharp & Heath (Jon Michael Sharp & Martin Heath) VS The Tribe (Rhys Vali & Rohan Kirchner)

The Tribe are a hugely experienced team from their time in ROF & SNP, but they couldn’t keep up with Sharp & Heath in this one. Martin Heath in particular came out of this match looking great, as he was the man who picked up the victory for his team as he locked in the Disarmer on Rohan Kirchner.

Rating: 50

ChuckFrisby.jpg.62402ac9b753448237319dbd5d9191d6.jpg StuartWilson.jpg.a50697495ada79f23c8e3e1a48221c7e.jpg DwayneDark.jpeg.911b12aee020600dd2d4506651a8a2bd.jpeg

We cut backstage to find Chuck Frisby in a warm up area, talking animatedly to Stuart Wilson. In the background, Dwayne Dark could be seen doing crunches with a medicine ball.

Chuck Frisby: “’Last Orders’ was great for business boys! Just the skind of exposure we needed in the lead up to Christmas… the way you both pressed Taypen above your heads. That kind of crowd interaction is priceless!”

Stuart Wilson: “Aye, I hear you boss. But have yous thought about getting yourself out there more? It is yous name on the product after all?”

Chuck Frisby (looking deep in thought): “I guess your right, it IS Frisby’s Foundation For Fitness… but surely you have more value with potential customers… and Dwayne of course.”

Dwayne Dark could be heard grunting in the background as Stuart Wilson continued his point.

Stuart Wilson: “I’m not someone to underplay mah own value, but yah got to think about personal branding too boss. Think about it, the Chuck Frisby brand and “The Celtic Hammer” brand combined… that’s money!”

Dwayne Dark let out a loud cough, but Chuck Frisby was far too excited to notice.

Chuck Frisby (excitedly): “You’ve just given me an idea… I… yes. Excuse me.”

With that Chuck Frisby excitedly ran off screen, leaving his two clients alone in the warm up area. Stuart Wilson disinterestedly pulled out his phone and made a call before walking out of shot, leaving a disgruntled Dwayne Dark still pumping out crunches with his medicine ball.

Rating: 42

CainCarlile.jpg.614ce439e9c16e28aac83c888f99c8e8.jpgvs.jpg.0023c7eb593188677aaa3eebce6aeb95.jpgDwayneDark.jpeg.911b12aee020600dd2d4506651a8a2bd.jpegChuckFrisby.jpg.62402ac9b753448237319dbd5d9191d6.jpg

"Captain Crash" Cain Carlile VS Dwayne Dark w/ Chuck Frisby

Dwayne Dark started his entrance alone, but Chuck Frisby came sprinting down the ramp after him talking animatedly at his client – but Dark seemed uninterested in whatever Frisby was excitedly trying to tell him.

Dark held the size advantage in this match and made it count. Frisby was animated at ringside as he frantically shouted out exercise instructions at members of the front row. Frisby’s energy didn’t translate to his client though as Dwayne Dark remained calm and in control of the contest, with none of the showmanship from Sundays tag match on show tonight. Carlile was game throughout, but it was Dark who was able to hit his Darkness Falls (Batista Bomb) and get the three count.

Rating: 46

EdisonSilva.jpg.586cc5b91af4716c8b5ced611260281d.jpg MoAdebola.jpg.94629a6e8187e91457f22031210ca4dd.jpg

Next up was the much anticipated Champion vs Champion Main Event, and the crowd booed as Edison Silva walked out first accompanied by his legal advisor Mo Adebola – who of course had a microphone in hand.

Mo Adebola: “On Sunday night at ‘Last Orders’, my client showed once again that he is the most dominant force in the NWF! In doing so, we can finally put Nate Manchester behind us. And now that his “friend” is no longer the man calling the shots, I can confidently say that Nate Manchester will NEVER get another shot at my clients’ title!”

The crowd erupted into boos at this announcement, which only prompted Edison Silva to hold his title high above his head.

Mo Adebola: “And once my client discards of Welsh Dragon tonight, everyone will have to admit that NOBODY is worthy of facing my client for this title…”

Welsh Dragons music hit to loud cheers from the crowd. The Cruiserweight Champion sprinted down to the ring, and the Champion vs Champion Main Event was on!

Rating: 57

WelshDragon.jpg.2e7a9bcc10700b6ae2abb0e95bfcf42d.jpgvs.jpg.0023c7eb593188677aaa3eebce6aeb95.jpgEdisonSilva.jpg.586cc5b91af4716c8b5ced611260281d.jpgMoAdebola.jpg.94629a6e8187e91457f22031210ca4dd.jpg

(C) Welsh Dragon VS Edison Silva w/ Mo Adebola (C)

Edison Silva looked to utilise his MMA training and take the match to the ground early, but was surprised as Welsh Dragon showed some impressive technical skills of his own to ward off the NWF British Champion. Having held off Silva’s initial skirmish, Welsh Dragon kicked into life and the pace of the match lifted. The Cruiserweight champion showed off his lucha-libre inspired moveset, as Arm Drags, Drop Toe Holds, Hurricanranas and more Arm Drags were all on display!

Edison Silva looked on the ropes, and Welsh Dragon looked to press home his advantage with a Dragon Kick. Unfortunately Silva was able to block and reverse the move into a brutal looking Dragon Screw Leg-Whip. Welsh Dragon immediately grabbed for his knee, but there was no respite as Silva was immediately on top of the Cruiserweight champion and locked in a Knee Bar submission hold. Welsh Dragon shouted out in pain as he struggled across the ring. The Welshman eventually made it to the ropes, but he was noticeably limping when he returned to his feet.

Edison Silva now had a target and hit another Dragon Screw to the injured knee of Welsh Dragon. The Cruiserweight Champion was able to battle back to his feet, but was a sitting duck as Edison Silva delivered his Knee Strike KO to his wounded opponent to secure an impressive victory.

Rating: 54

EdisonSilva.jpg.586cc5b91af4716c8b5ced611260281d.jpg MoAdebola.jpg.94629a6e8187e91457f22031210ca4dd.jpg

Edison Silva’s arm was raised in victory, but the NWF British Heavyweight Champion wasn’t finished yet. Silva stomped down viciously on Welsh Dragon’s injured knee. The Cruiserweight champion seemed incapable of fighting back, and things were looking bad for the Welshman until some unknown music played over the speakers…

RedDragon.jpg.c45f90b925c293d9b0dfa6c19c64a31c.jpg

The red face paint of Red Dragon came flying from the back as the Welshman charged towards the ring to protect his compatriot.

Jackie Goldstein: “I can’t believe it! That’s Red Dragon! He’s a former 21st Century World Champion… he hasn’t been seen in the UK in twelve years!”

Edison Silva seemed as surprised as Jackie Goldstein to see the former 21st Century World Champion, and the NWF British Heavyweight Champion and his legal advisor cleared the ring.

Red Dragon immediately helped his compatriot to his feet, before staring down Edison Silva as the champion slowly made his way to the back – being hurried along by his legal advisor, Mo Adebola. After the stare down, Red Dragon took the arm of a stunned looking Welsh Dragon and raised it for the cheering NWF crowd to take us off the air.

Rating: 41

Jackie Goldstein: “What a way to end an amazing show Melanie! A former 21st Century World Champion here in the NWF!”

Melanie Florence: “Why is he here Jackie? Red Dragon hasn’t performed in the UK for over twelve years! Edison Silva couldn’t believe what he was seeing!”

Jackie Goldstein: “Make sure to join us next week here on WrestleWorld GB for all the fallout! Thank you for joining us, and goodnight!”

• Like 7

Really nice transition into your next set of stories. I thought Landon Mallory might be next for Edison Silva so was intrigued when he intervened with the Heartbreaks instead, but of course it all made sense when Red Dragon emerged as the champion's next threat instead. I love the tension between Dwayne Dark and his stablemates, while Manchester v Beauchamp should be good too.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, newbiezness said:

Great show. Frisby's Foundation For Fitness segment was funny and developed the situation within the group. Good Main Event, Edison Silva wins and Welsh Dragon made a good impression. I liked the end of the show with Red Dragon showing up.

Glad you enjoyed Red Dragon showing up! I thought it might be a bit left field, but I think having a former 21st Century World Champion show up would be a big deal in a company the size of the NWF.

19 hours ago, 619 said:

Really nice transition into your next set of stories. I thought Landon Mallory might be next for Edison Silva so was intrigued when he intervened with the Heartbreaks instead, but of course it all made sense when Red Dragon emerged as the champion's next threat instead. I love the tension between Dwayne Dark and his stablemates, while Manchester v Beauchamp should be good too.

Thanks! I don't think I'm giving much away when I say I'm trying to build Landon up to be a new top level face, but his popularity just isn't there yet to be involved in a top title program. He started from 0 pop in the UK, so needs a bit more building up before he's ready to face Silva.

Thank you to everyone who predicted, commented and reacted to the latest episode of National Wrestling. This was the first episode of the new predictions contest, congratulations to @newbiezness, @KyTeran & @azzak for getting full markes. @John Lions I understand why you went for Welsh Dragon, but unfortunately the match was set up a different Welshman as a challenger for Silva's title!

Prediction Results After Episode 9

newbiezness 5/5

KyTeran 5/5

azzak 5/5

John Lions 4/5

Predictions for NWF National Wrestling Episode 10

Nate Manchester vs Rohan Kirchner

Red Dragon vs ???

Landon Mallory & Dangermouth vs ???

The Youth Bandits (Ian Vincible & Cannonball Logan) vs The Northern Lights (Alton Vicious & Riddick Jordan)

Number One Contenders Match: Sharp & Heath (Jon Michael Sharp & Martin Heath) vs Taypen & Buzzard (Grant Taypen & Leighton Buzzard)

• Like 1

Nate Manchester vs Rohan Kirchner

Red Dragon vs ???

The Youth Bandits (Ian Vincible & Cannonball Logan) vs The Northern Lights (Alton Vicious & Riddick Jordan)

Number One Contenders Match: Sharp & Heath (Jon Michael Sharp & Martin Heath) vs Taypen & Buzzard (Grant Taypen & Leighton Buzzard)

• Like 1

Red Dragon vs ???

Number One Contenders Match: Sharp & Heath (Jon Michael Sharp & Martin Heath) vs Taypen & Buzzard (Grant Taypen & Leighton Buzzard)

• Like 1

Red Dragon vs ???

• Like 1

Makes sense - I was expecting the Welsh Dragon vs Edison Silva match to set up Silva's next challenger, and a debut makes more sense than a champ vs champ title program so early.

The Tribe exist to lose

Red Dragon vs ???
Got to build up the next challenger for Edison Silva

Can't imagine these two guys losing, they are your next big babyface stars

Northern Lights are tag champs within the next year IMO. Too good not to strap up in a thin British indies scene

I stand by that Sharp and Heath are one of the best indy tag teams in the CVerse, but incredibly bland. I think they win here pretty comfortably

• Like 1

WrestleWorld GB & NWF present:

WrestleWorldGB.jpg.68cb0204165264c3e95547108df7c296.jpg NWF.jpg.c178f19fb07e1715997e866d4a18f2bc.jpg

NWF National Wrestling

Episode #10

Wednesday W3 December 2020

Show Rating: 56

NWF.jpg.ccacea062f37f0da5b201a32e5086dab.jpg

JackieGoldstein.jpg.f495dbe055197cb52d45444d88513063.jpg MelanieFlorence.jpg.00a26cf574398a9799a2ea81915f7fb2.jpg

Your Announce Team: Jackie Goldstein & Melanie Florence

Jackie Goldstein: “Hello and welcome back to National Wrestling, once again streaming exclusively on demand at WrestleWorld GB! My name is Jackie Goldstein, and joining me at ringside is Melanie Florence.”

Melanie Florence: “Thank you Jackie, and what a show we have lined up tonight! Former 21st Century World Champion Red Dragon makes his NWF in-ring debut after his blockbuster return to British wrestling last week after 12 years away!”

Jackie Goldstein: “We also have two of Britain’s top tag teams battling it out for a shot at Future X’s NWF British Tag Team Titles. Jon Michael Sharp & Martin Heath face Grant Taypen & Leighton Buzzard in a number one contenders match in tonight’s Main Event!”

Melanie Florence: “But first, here comes Nate Manchester who was inexplicably attacked by Joey Beauchamp last week. “The Real Angel Of The North” will be looking for answers from “The Breeze”!”

NateManchester.jpg.bb1e76d18d645f1edc9b030d37cb0d5a.jpgvs.jpg.95513729bd694e6062d9697daca312f8.jpgRohanKirchner.jpg.65bc76bace66e023c8c917c7a09777d0.jpg

“The Real Angel Of The North” Nate Manchester VS Rohan Kirchner

Rohan Kirchner couldn’t have picked a more difficult opponent for his debut singles match in the NWF. Nate Manchester was motivated after last week’s attack, and took control of this match early. Manchester was able to nail a Roundhouse kick and the crowd rose to their feet as the Geordie headed to the top rope. “The Real Angel Of The North” flew gracefully through the air to land his Manc-Sault for a routine victory.

Raing: 46

After having his hand raised by referee Ray Worrall, Nate Manchester signaled for a mic. Normally a man of few words, “The Real Angel Of The North” clearly had something on his mind…

NateManchester.jpg.bb1e76d18d645f1edc9b030d37cb0d5a.jpg

Nate Manchester: “Last week Joey Beauchamp cracked me from be’ind. I don’t know the lad from Adam, so why he’s come after me I cannae say.”

Manchester was interrupted as the music of “The Breeze” filled the arena. Joey Beauchamp sauntered out from the back with microphone in hand.

JoeyBeauchamp.jpg.6691162629d313ae523b53374086a026.jpg

Joey Beauchamp: “I wouldn’t normally come out here and explain my actions, but I simply couldn’t bare to hear you drawl on any longer in that awful accent!”

The crowd boo and “The Breeze” waits for them to settle down before continuing.

Joey Beauchamp: “You say you don’t know me from Adam, and that’s exactly the point! I’ve toiled away for 26 years, the star of every promotion I’ve ever worked for… while somehow after a 6 month stint at a promotion that went out of business you landed yourself a cushty TV gig… and somehow held onto it for 8 years despite showing no sign of any discernable talent!”

Nate Manchester: “Is that your problem lad? You think I “took your spot”?”

Joey Beauchamp: “I thought I told you I was done listening to that accent of yours… you walk in here, get handed two title shots for doing nothing and expect everyone to just roll over and accept that? Well not me!”

Nate Manchester: “You want a piece of me lad? Howay man! Let’s go!”

Joey Beauchamp: “Unfortunately I have other plans tonight… but I’ll see you at “Out With The Old”! I’ll beat you on a worthy stage and earn what I deserve – a match for the NWF British Heavyweight Championship!”

Nate Manchester: “Wey aye lad!”

Jackie Goldstein hypes up the huge announcement. The first match for “Out With The Old” is confirmed – Nate Manchester faces Joey Beauchamp!

Rating: 47

We cut backstage to the office of network executive Frank Finkleton. Mo Adebola was pounding his fist on Finkleton’s desk, as the NWF British Heavyweight Champion Edison Silva stood menacingly at his legal advisors shoulder.

MoAdebola.jpg.d357732cefd5ed797c078b95628a0e73.jpg EdisonSilva.jpg.ebbe55818a344646f3f7fd4c8901bc08.jpg

Mo Adebola: “I thought I could trust you Frank? I thought we had a deal? Then you pull a stunt like this?”

Frank Finkleton looked surprising calm as he stood from his seat and straightened his jacket.

Frank Finkleton: “Mo, I think you will find that our agreement was that if your client defeated Nate Manchester at ‘Last Orders’ that he would not receive another shot as long as your client remained NWF British Heavyweight champion. And I fail to see how bringing Red Dragon in to the company breaks that agreement?”

Mo Adebola (splutters): “Ah yes, Red Dragon! Where did you even find him? Twelve years he’s been away…”

Frank Finkleton: “Mr Dragons representatives saw the show and got in touch, and it’s nothing personal Mo – but a former 21st Century World Champion? That’s just good business.”

Mo Adebola looked murderous, but couldn’t seem to think of a riposte so turned on his heel. Edison Silva hung around for a few seconds, staring a hole into Frank Finkleton before following his legal advisor out of the office.

Rating: 57

RedDragon.jpg.e95a7092de3b523fca644ceeb575586a.jpgvs.jpg.95513729bd694e6062d9697daca312f8.jpg_BlankBackground.jpg.415c86ae2ccc927b44828cb4e64f7d65.jpg

Red Dragon VS Local Talent

We cut back to the ring and find a local talent already in the ring… that’s never good news! Then for the first time in twelve years, the music of Red Dragon hit and “The Welsh Warrior” appeared from the back to a good ovation. This match served to introduce Red Dragon to any younger fans who may have missed his 21CW run. The former 21st Century World Champion dominated the match from start to finish, hitting his Moonsault finisher to secure a debut victory.

Rating: 40

Byron.jpg.f6793d809e0682fbf6f69364a6f4e618.jpg

We cut backstage to find Byron preparing for his tag match against Dangermouth & Landon Mallory that was up next. Byron had just finished taping his hands when his son, Bret Heartbreak, walked into shot.

BretHeartbreak.jpg.b13cf5bdd492abb95c5d721e8d93d19a.jpg

Bret Heartbreak: “Why haven’t you been answering my texts? I’ve been trying to get hold of you all day!”

Byron ignored his son as he worked through his stretching routine.

Bret Heartbreak: “Anyway, there’s someone I’ve been wanting you to meet for a while and I wanted you to meet here before we headed out for our match. Dad, this is Holly.”

HollyLeves.jpg.b066201c2d7873b706ff94be2cb8fb4b.jpg

Holly Leves walked onto screen, smiled sweetly at Byron and said it was lovely to meet him. Byron paused for a moment, looking very confused.

Byron: “Did you say “our match”?”

JoeyBeauchamp.jpg.a006c47d701fd4e4ec3b5d037512cb24.jpg

Before Bret could answer, Joey Beauchamp walked into shot and asked Byron if he was ready.

Byron: “You really thought I’d be teaming with you? You haven’t won a match in months, presumably because you’ve been distracted by… this (motioning vaguely at Holly Leves). No I’ve found myself a partner I know I can trust to get the job done.”

Bret Heartbreak: “But dad…”

Byron: “No but’s Bret. You need to get your head back in the game, because at the moment you are an embarrassment to MY legacy!”

Byron motioned to Joey Beauchamp and the two veterans walked past the curtain, leaving Bret and Holly alone. Holly Leves wore a sour look on her face as she stared after Byron, mouthing “what a dick”. Bret however looked conflicted, almost like he wanted to go after his father, but eventually slumped his shoulders and left with Holly Leves.

Rating: 39

Dangermouth.jpg.844be0860df8adf2161e41422f956c87.jpgLandonMallory.jpg.d5aa5745d868faaa6805aca3e7d561b7.jpgvs.jpg.95513729bd694e6062d9697daca312f8.jpgByron.jpg.f6793d809e0682fbf6f69364a6f4e618.jpgJoeyBeauchamp.jpg.a006c47d701fd4e4ec3b5d037512cb24.jpg

Dangermouth & Landon Mallory VS Byron & Joey Beauchamp

An interesting match-up with two of the fastest rising stars in the NWF teaming up against two of the most experienced competitors. Beauchamp & Byron showed their experience early in the match, isolating Dangermouth from his partner by keeping the youngster stuck in their corner.

Landon Mallory grew more and more frustrated on the apron, until Dangermouth was finally able to break free from the veterans grip and make the tag. Mallory exploded into the ring, with “The Springbok” delivering a series of heavy Shoulder Blocks to both Byron & Joey Beauchamp before hitting a big Hip Toss. Sensing the South African was building a head of steam, Byron resolved to distracting referee Roy Worrall to allow Beauchamp to rake at the eyes of “The Springbok” and halt his momentum.

With all four men in the ring, the match broke down and referee Roy Worrall lost control of the contest. All four men traded moves, leading to Byron dumping Dangermouth to the outside and following the grime star out to the floor – slamming the youngster into the steel ring steps. Beauchamp raked at the eyes of “The Springbok” for a second time, and dropped the South African with a Neckbreaker. “The Breeze” looked to have the match in hand as he set “The Springbok” up for a Breeze Block, until Nate Manchester’s music hit. “The Real Angel Of The North” appeared at the top of the ramp, but didn’t move towards the ring. Joey Beauchamp yelled at Manchester from the ring asking what he was doing out here, before turning back to the ring… right into a Springbok Ram (Gore)!

Byron looked to break up the cover, but Dangermouth was able to grab his boot to stop the veteran from making it in time to stop the three count! Byron threw Dangermouth back into the steel steps for his troubles, but the youngster had the last laugh as he and Landon Mallory were declared the winners!

Rating: 45

We cut backstage to find Chuck Frisby on a bench press. He finished his last rep and racked the bar before turning to talk to Stuart Wilson.

ChuckFrisby.jpg.37703ae3a69d19d96c20b21fa3022c4f.jpg StuartWilson.jpg.db6e1d858653b4dfb8acdb9dbf42e175.jpg

Chuck Frisby: “You were right Stuart, I don’t know why I didn’t think of it myself… I spoke to the network executives and they agreed immediately. They love the mission – obviously. So you are now looking at the number one contender for the NWF Cruiserweight Championship!”

Stuart Wilson: “I told yah boss, personal branding! Yah get that belt and it takes Frisby’s Foundation for Fitness to the next level!”

Chuck Frisby (turning to camera): “That’s what it’s all about, getting the mission out there. Because my name is Chuck Frisby, and I’m here to tackle England’s obesity crisis… by becoming your next Cruiserweight champion!”

Chuck Frisby shoots a cheesy grin into camera, until the strapping figure of Dwayne Dark looms over the personal trainer.

DwayneDark.jpeg.e1c390b73b1ef77f002ea9989409e065.jpeg

Dwayne Dark: “You done on the bench boss?”

Frisby nods and hops off the bench to discuss his title shot further with Stuart Wilson off screen. Dark looks down at the bar and scoffs. We watch as he loads up four extra plates on each side, before starting his set.

Rating: 42

IanVincible.jpg.7783e441b62c8fa164fa6f59ba936557.jpgCannonballLogan.jpg.7de29c7cf764fbe0b6bc3503979df553.jpgvs.jpg.95513729bd694e6062d9697daca312f8.jpgAltonVicious.jpg.646e171c25388682f033ea65a66b83df.jpgRiddickJordan.jpg.0c9b42db2ada5b20306311dd00a15101.jpg

The Youth Bandits (Ian VIncible & Cannonball Logan) VS The Northern Lights (Alton Vicious & Riddick Jordan)

The Youth Bandits were an exciting young team back in 2006 when they left UCR, but look to have lost a step in their 14 years working the independent scene. They did their best to keep up with The Northern Lights, but Vicious and Jordan simply overpowered their veteran opponents. Riddick Jordan wowed fans with a flying Diving Headbutt from the top rope, before The Northern Lights set up their Lights Out (Doomsday Device) finisher to pick up a routine victory.

Rating: 44

LeoPrice.jpg.66bcb52623580d8356e88d16d90326c0.jpg

The crowd popped as the camera fell onto Leo Price, who hadn’t been seen on NWF TV for over a month since his suspension and removal as NWF Commissioner. Nate Manchester was waiting for his friend, and the two men shook hands.

NateManchester.jpg.bb1e76d18d645f1edc9b030d37cb0d5a.jpg

Nate Manchester: “Alreet pal, didn’t know if I’d see you back!”

Leo Price: “I may not be Commissioner anymore, but the NWF needs somebody to keep an eye on Mr Adebola.”

Nate Manchester: “You sound like you have a plan?”

Leo Price (laughing): “Something like that. Good to see you Nate.”

The two men shook hands again, before Leo Price continued down the corridor. He didn’t have to walk far, until Dangermouth walked into shot. The grime star was still holding the back of his head, after Byron had slammed him into the steel steps twice earlier in the night.

Dangermouth.jpg.844be0860df8adf2161e41422f956c87.jpg

Leo Price: “Tough night?”

Dangermouth: “Something like that boss.”

Leo Price: “I’m not your boss any more kid. Just an old hand looking to pass on some of what I’ve learned.”

Dangermouth: “I’m good…”

Dangermouth looked to push past Price, but “The Lion” grabbed onto the grime stars shoulder.

Leo Price: “Actually you’re exactly who I was looking for. You’ve got all the talent in the world kid, but you’re wasting it. You think you can beat guys like Byron half-assing it?”

Dangermouth (visibly annoyed): “What’chu say?”

Leo Price: “You heard me. You swan off to award ceremonies, wrestle when it suits you. Hell you even arrived four weeks late to finish the promo loop for your album.”

Dangermouth: “I’m a grime star! Promo is part of the job!”

Leo Price: “And what do you think everyone else is doing while you’re off drinking champagne, huh? They’re training, and you’re falling behind. You can go as far as you want to in this business, but you’ve got to want it. You’ve got to commit!”

Dangermouth: “Nah fam…”

The grime star pushed “The Lion’s” hand off his shoulder and stormed away. Price stared after him, a grim look on his face.

Rating: 61

JonMichaelSharp.jpg.94482127912b8e494e4762f3d8c763fa.jpgMartinHeath.jpg.a354bae31f9510cfbbbffc6970e092d4.jpgvs.jpg.95513729bd694e6062d9697daca312f8.jpgGrantTaypen.jpg.192893beca3aee73db3872a49ccc189f.jpgLeightonBuzzard.jpg.2126c2ca8243f03c8808e67b0859ed5f.jpg

Sharp & Heath (Jon Michael Sharp & Matin Heath) VS Taypen & Buzzard (Grant Taypen & Leighton Buzzard)

Two of the most talented teams in the NWF clashed in this number one contenders match, to decide who would get the opportunity to face Future X for the British Tag Team Titles at ‘Out With The Old’. Martin Heath and Leighton Buzzard started the match for their respective teams, and put on an incredible show as both men flew around the ring. The pace of the match was frantic as both men utilised every part of the ring to jump off, using their bodies as weapons to throw at their opponent. The action went back and forth, until simultaneous Flying Cross Bodies left both men down.

Buzzard & Heath both struggled back to their corners, and made the tag at exactly the same time! Sharp & Taypen hit the ring and began trading right hands. While the action was not at the same manic pace as in the early stages, both Taypen and Sharp were able to showcase their solid technical skills. The momentum went back and forth, but it was Grant Taypen who was eventually able to take control using his slick chain wrestling. Sharp took some punishment before finding himself in a Side Headlock, where he was able to throw some heavy elbows to break the hold. Sharp dived for his corner and tagged Heath back into the match.

Martin Heath immediately launched into a Springboard Clothesline to take Grant Taypen off his feet. Desperate to prevent Heath from lifting the pace of the match, Taypen looked to take the match back to the mat – but Heath surprised everyone by reversing Taypen’s take down attempt into a Disarmer! Taypen struggled briefly but had no choice to tap out!”

Rating: 54

Melanie Florence: “Sharp & Heath are number one contenders for the NWF British Tag Team Titles! Can you believe it?”

Jackie Goldstein: “What a match that promises to be! Sharp & Heath vs Future X for the very first time!”

Melanie Florence: “That’s two matches confirmed for “Out With The Old”, and the card is already shaping up to be a great one!”

Jackie Goldstein: “Be sure to join us right here on WrestleWorld GB for more wrestling action! Thank you for watching and goodnight!”

• Like 5

It's impressive how quickly you're bringing the Out With The Old card together. I enjoy the gradual dynamic shifts each episode with groups like Frisby's Foundation and the Heartbreaks, with the latter story really developing with the introduction of Holly Leves and Byron rejecting Bret. The Leo Price and Dangermouth interaction was interesting too.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 619 said:

It's impressive how quickly you're bringing the Out With The Old card together. I enjoy the gradual dynamic shifts each episode with groups like Frisby's Foundation and the Heartbreaks, with the latter story really developing with the introduction of Holly Leves and Byron rejecting Bret. The Leo Price and Dangermouth interaction was interesting too.

Thanks @619! Out With The Old is coming together nicely. I'm really enjoying how my midcard is shaping up, Frisby is still my favourite to write but I now feel I have a clear direction to follow with The Heartbreaks and Dangermouth. Interestingly the next show after this one, Leo Price took on Dangermouth as a protege in game - life imitating art I guess?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, newbiezness said:

I didn't expect Byron & Beauchamp to be the mystery tag team and I think wouldn't have thought they would lose if I knew.

Mo Adebola just keeps getting better. Good work with Dangermouth and Leo Price, that story is working well too.

Red Dragon looks like a great addition.

Thanks @newbiezness!  You could definitely make the argument that either team could have won. I ultimately chose to give Mallory the win as he's got the most upside, and having Nate Manchester distract Beauchamp gives the Heels an excuse for the loss.

Thank you to everyone who predicted, commented and reacted to the latest episode of National Wrestling. Congratulations to @KyTeran, @azzak and @John Lions for achieving full marks on this episode! Hope to see you all back for next episode!

Prediction Results After Episode 10

KyTeran 5/5

azzak 5/5

John Lions 5/5

newbiezness 4/5

Combined Prediction Results

KyTeran 10/10

azzak 10/10

newbiezness 9/10

John Lions 9/10

Predictions for NWF National Wrestling Episode 11

Sharp & Heath vs Lee & O'Hearne

Red Dragon vs Brilliant White

Taypen & Buzzard vs The Tribe (Rhys Vali & Rohan Kirchner)

Landon Mallory vs Stardust Phil Cox

Nate Manchester vs Byron

Edited by Charasmatic Enigma

This should be a cracking match with Sharp & heath get a win back after previously losing the Lee & O'Hearne. That and the fact they are your Number One Contenders they should win here. 

Red got a big win, but White has been a solid guy for you and Dragon is getting to the age to put others over. 

Look are The Tribe a bad ass name. Hell yeah it is, but Taypen and Buzzard need to rebuild after coming up short in the number one contender match. 

I am a Landon fan, and the last time we saw Phil was what... Episode 3? Yeah he isn't going to stun the world tonight. 

Nate Manchester vs Byron

I went back and forth on this match, while Nate doesn't "need" the win he would normally get the win. Byron however does, he dragged his son down for being a perennial loser, and then proceeds to lose later in the night. Add to that Joey teamed up with Byron he would gladly help Byron get over as well. There are so many good value ways for Byron to pick up an underhanded win here. 

• Like 1

This is the match that catches my attention the most. I think Red Dragon wins but I expect something good from Brilliant White

I think the tribe are the definition of jobbers, but I'll give them this match. If they lose this one they'll be deep in the abyss

Nate Manchester vs Byron

Could this be an upset?

• Like 1

#1 contenders get a win, and JK Lee continues frustratingly coming up short in every match - lost finals for tag titles, lost first big event title match against Welsh Dragon, lost to Manchester after both men's defeats, and he loses this match here. Lee is good and he's been given a lot of big matches, so I'm sure this will lead to some development down the line.

Red > White

Methinks that the left pair, especially Buzzard, have been punching above their weight class in some of the matches they've been given, so a free win against The Tribe is a good reward for them to start building up momentum

Cox exists to get pinballed by Mallory

Nate Manchester vs Byron
This one is interesting - from a meta perspective, idk if the gap in popularity is small enough where Byron winning doesn't crater Manchester, but if Nate is going to do stuff outside of the Championship then he needs to take some losses to make the big event matches more compelling.

• Like 1