NWF: Disrupting The Market

WrestleWorld GB & NWF Present:

NWFNationalWrestling.jpeg.653a5f33670d1b077fb7cb4572889c2c.jpeg

NWF National Wrestling

Episode #11

Wednesday W4 December 2020

Show Rating: 51

NWF.jpg.dcfaaade9dc19c4f95ab855abb7bd1e3.jpg

JackieGoldstein.jpg.2c25406accaeb20aa9d5a2abf46aee72.jpg MelanieFlorence.jpg.6fc2d71d0db08c95c8a9048e3a32d427.jpg

Your Announce Team: Jackie Goldstein & Melanie Florence

Jackie Goldstein: “Hello and welcome to the final NWF National Wrestling of 2020, once again streaming exclusively on demand  at WrestleWorld GB! My name is Jackie Goldstein, and joining me at ringside is Melanie Florence.”

Melanie Florence: “Thanks Jackie, and what a show we have planned to round out the year! We have a blockbuster Main Event planned for tonight as Nate Manchester challenges former ten-time World Champion Byron!”

Jackie Goldstein: “Jon Michael Sharp & Martin Heath beat Grant Taypen & Leighton Buzzard in last weeks Main Event to become number one contenders to Future X’s British Tag Team Titles, and they open the show against JK Lee & Paddy O’Hearne!”

JonMichaelSharp.jpg.d13b4fb2c8efec4ffcf04ea6b7d2f095.jpgMartinHeath.jpg.b9e934ee16fcb3f0c40fbc7083fb8359.jpgvs.jpg.b367ada7b78650f1465bc0ff3fd2415e.jpgJKLee.jpg.81f6a90fa6d1bb0e2029fb442d546685.jpgPadraigOHearne.jpg.42cb6b32291c5690227d883fb26ba7b2.jpg

Sharp & Heath VS Lee & O’Hearne

On the back of successfully being named number one contenders for Future X’s British Tag Team Titles, Sharp & Heath faced a huge test in the form of JK Lee and Paddy O’Hearne. Lee & O’Hearne gave the number one contenders a huge test here, with both men utilizing their technical skills to ground their high-flying opponents.

The two Heels managed to isolate Martin Heath in their corner, with the babyface soaking up a lot of offence from JK Lee in particular. After a few near falls, Heath was finally able to break free of Lee’s chain wrestling holds to make the hot tag to Jon Michael Sharp! Sharp hit the ring and delivered a Dropkick to Lee, and another to O’Hearne as he tried to get involved. Lee charged at Sharp, straight into a Flapjack, before Sharp dumped O’Hearne over the top rope.

With Lee isolated in the ring, Sharp made the tag back to Heath and the duo hit their Disarmer finisher to secure a huge victory.

Rating: 56

We cut backstage to Frank Finkleton’s office, and once again find the network executive mid-argument with Mo Adebola as Edison Silva paces the office.

MoAdebola.jpg.2e647bedfadd3608e6728b5e250c17c0.jpg EdisonSilva.jpg.034718d107ac0923ee4149ce51cd2161.jpg

Mo Adebola: “Don’t do this Frank. You’re making a mistake.”

Frank Finkleton: “It’s out of my hands Mo. The higher ups want the former 21st Century World Champion front and centre, and unfortunately that’s in the ring directly opposite your client.”

Mo Adebola: “Come on Frank, there’s got to be something you can do…”

Frank Finkleton: “Sorry Mo, the contracts already signed – at ‘Out With The Old’ it’s going to be Edison Silva vs Red Dragon for the NWF British Championship!”

Mo Adebola slammed his fist against Frank Finkleton’s desk as Edison Silva stared a hole through the network executive.

Frank Finkleton: Look Mo, this could be a good thing. If your client wins…”

Mo Adebola: “If he wins? Oh, he’s going to win Frank! Don’t you worry about that!”

Frank Finkleton: “And if your client does win, he’ll have a victory over a former 21st Century World Champion added to his resume. Not many can say that Mo…”

Mo took a few moments to process this, but still look frustrated as he led his client out of the office.

Mo Adebola: “I’m still not happy about this Frank. Once Edison and I have sorted this mess, you and I will need to have a little talk!”

Melanie Florence: “Red Dragon vs Edison Silva for the NWF British Heavyweight Championship is confirmed for ‘Out With The Old’!”

Jackie Goldstein: “And Red Dragon is in action next!”

Rating: 52

RedDragon.jpg.766f4eedbfecc6064d1a75fbc2075068.jpgvs.jpg.b367ada7b78650f1465bc0ff3fd2415e.jpgBrilliantWhite.jpg.f21b42373302c72cd23c0476d18f90cf.jpg

Red Dragon VS Brilliant White

A blinding flash of white light filled the building for the spectacular entrance of Brilliant White, who’s Phantom of the Opera mask showcased his flair for the dramatic. Next out was the newly announced number one contender for the NWF British Heavyweight Championship - Red Dragon.

This match served as another opportunity for the NWF audience to familiarise themselves with former 21st Century World Champion after his twelve year absence from the British wrestling scene. Brilliant White did his best to spoil the party, as the daredevil threw himself from every part of the ring in an attempt to damage his opponent. However, it was Red Dragon who was able to hit his Moonsault as he moved towards his title match at ‘Out With The Old’.

Rating: 38

ChuckFrisby.jpg.c7e33a957f5cba64e582ddaba2b587c5.jpg StuartWilson.jpg.387af77adadad3f73443a7331b3f3d3b.jpg DwayneDark.jpeg.818a94a96e2da96e1f10b31ddf4c160a.jpeg

Next up Frisby’s Foundation for Fitness made their way to the ring, and Chuck Frisby had clearly taken Stuart Wilson’s suggestion of personal branding on board as all three men wore new merch bearing a brand new logo.

FrisbysFitnessPNG.png.54ecfb105d7038f453aa2d50dd581316.png

As the stable entered the ring, two reaction test walls had been set up on either side of the ring. These walls were made up of a series of buttons that light up and need to be pressed to stop the big timer on top.

Chuck Frisby: “Ever since I announced that I was the new number one contender for the NWF Cruiserweight Championship, all I’ve heard from people is how fast Welsh Dragon is around the ring. Now I respect Welsh Dragon – he’s a man in good shape who is clearly following the principles of Frisby’s Foundation for Fitness. BUT I can guarantee that my reaction times are faster than his…”

Jackie Goldstein scoffed on commentary, and Chuck Frisby seemed to get the sense that some of the crowd didn’t believe him either.

Chuck Frisby: “Don’t believe me, well I’ll prove it! That’s why I have these reaction tests. The lower the score, the faster your reactions. Welsh Dragon and I will complete one wall each to prove once and for all who has the better reaction speed! So Welsh Dragon, come on down!”

WelshDragon.jpg.e138387083df87bcf4b2bb921aaef6b5.jpg

The Cruiserweight champions music hit, and Welsh Dragon made his way down to the ring. Chuck Frisby waved him in and explained the rules as Welsh Dragon examined the reaction test wall.

Chuck Frisby: “The rules are simple – twenty of these buttons will light up and you have to press them as fast as possible. Once you have completed twenty lights, you’re combined reaction time will flash up on the top. Whoever has the lowest score wins… simple!”

Welsh Dragon seemed happy with the rules, and both men set up at their wall as referee Roy Worrall was on hand to start both walls simultaneously.

It was clear within the first few lights that Welsh Dragon was well ahead of Chuck Frisby. By the time the Cruiserweight champion reached his tenth light, Chuck Frisby must only have been on his fifth. Stuart Wilson and Dwayne Dark shared an uneasy look, before Dwayne Dark leapt into action and delivered a heavy forearm to the back of Welsh Dragon’s neck just after the Welshman had pressed his penultimate button.

The crowd roared incensed as Dwayne Dark lifted the Cruiserweight champion up for his Darkness Falls (Batista Bomb). Chuck Frisby continued pressing his buttons as is nothing was happening as Dark stood over the downed Cruiserweight champion. Frisby finally hit his final light and a score flashed up at the top of his wall, realising that Welsh Dragon’s timer was still running the personal trainer strolled over and nonchalantly hit the Welshman’s final button to stop the timer – a good fifteen seconds slower than Frisby’s time.

Despite the obvious interference from Dwayne Dark, Stuart Wilson hauled Frisby onto his shoulders and the two celebrated as if the personal trainer had won the actual Cruiserweight title! Dwayne Dark looked on grumpily, clearly unhappy that he had done all the work but got none of the recognition.

Rating: 39

GrantTaypen.jpg.d1c398654fd97840db82efc1cb29b282.jpgLeightonBuzzard.jpg.9d8c68c568e55e8615ac68caefc2b270.jpgvs.jpg.b367ada7b78650f1465bc0ff3fd2415e.jpgRhysVali.jpg.5420d2a8a324501a25d1de75d013736b.jpgRohanKirchner.jpg.fafa23ab9e8a64ebc46d3a81f1298a56.jpg

Taypen & Buzzard (Grant Taypen & Leighton Buzzard) VS The Tribe (Rhys Vali & Rohan Kirchner)

After a tough few weeks for both of these teams, this match served as a great opportunity for one of them to get things back on track. Both teams were able to land their shots, as the momentum of the match went back and forth. However it was Taypen & Buzzard who were able to pick up the momentum boosting win, as they landed their Missile Double Impact (Synchronised Top Rope Dropkicks).

Rating: 49

Dangermouth.jpg.3169176509cb90f9715c7ad9ffb7542d.jpg

Dangermouth’s eponymous hit single blasted out over the speakers, as the grime star made his way to the ring. He was dressed in wrestling gear, and already had a microphone in hand.

Dangermouth: “Last week ‘old man’ Byron slammed my head into the steel steps not once, but twice! If he think I’m gonna let that slide, he’s dreaming. So Byron why don’t you get yo’ ass out here and we can settle this tonight!”

Byron.jpg.826e226acd1b25b3f668e94e8d2b13fc.jpg

Byron’s music played over the speakers, but the former 10-time World Champion walked out dressed in a suit – clearly with no intention of wrestling tonight.

Byron: “The way I see it Mr. Moss…”

Dangermouth: “Wash yo’ mouth our with Mr. Moss. It’s Dangermouth!”

Byron: “As I was saying… the way I see it, I beat you at ‘Last Orders’. If you want a rematch, I will be dictating where and when that rematch takes place. And I’ve decided that IF you want a rematch, it will have to take place at ‘Out With The Old’!”

Dangermouth: “We doin’ this again? Come on old man, you know I’m working tele that night…”

Byron: “Well it appears you have a choice to make Mr. Moss. Do you want your rematch, or not?”

With that Byron dropped his microphone leaving a frustrated looking Dangermouth stood in the ring. On commentary, Melanie Florence praised the smarts of Byron and speculated that Dangermouth wouldn’t be at ‘Out With The Old’ – not because of TV commitments, but because he was scared of facing Byron again!

Rating: 54

LandonMallory.jpg.4f98c935d5c4390bc32f29ffc90c81fb.jpgvs.jpg.b367ada7b78650f1465bc0ff3fd2415e.jpgStardustPhilCox_alt1.jpg.67628b1d114e4ccff53e27abd4aba9b3.jpg

“The Springbok” Landon Mallory VS Stardust Phil Cox

Landon Mallory has been on something of a roll over the past few months, with six victories in a row heading into the match. By contrast, Stardust Phil Cox was yet to pick up his first victory in the NWF and hasn’t been seen since Episode 4 of National Wrestling.

Given this contrast in recent fortunes, this match went exactly as most expected. While Stardust Phil Cox was able to land the occasional spectacular high flying move, this match was mostly comprised of “The Springbok” working through his moveset until he delivered his Springbok Ram (Gore) to pick up his seventh victory on the bounce.

Rating: 45

LandonMallory.jpg.4f98c935d5c4390bc32f29ffc90c81fb.jpg BretHeartbreak.jpg.c7e0df2c1f21f59b386086785ffe518f.jpg

Landon Mallory climbed the turnbuckle to celebrate his victory, when Bret Heartbreak appeared from the crowd and jumped the South African from behind. Bret layed in the boots, before hauling Mallory to his feet and delivering his Heart Attack finisher.

With that Bret left the ring, leaving Jackie Goldstein and Melanie Florence wondering on commentary why he had attacked the South African?

Rating: 44

NateManchester.jpg.30b01929c5b426117dc1d0e80a0c8c33.jpgvs.jpg.b367ada7b78650f1465bc0ff3fd2415e.jpgByron.jpg.826e226acd1b25b3f668e94e8d2b13fc.jpg

“The Angel Of The North” Nate Manchester VS Byron

Despite these men having a combined 42 years experience in the wrestling industry, this was the first time these two had faced each other in the ring. Perhaps because of this, the early stages of this match were cagey as the two men felt each other out. Byron offered Nate Manchester a test of strength, which the Geordie naively accepted before Byron stamped on his foot and delivered a heavy Clothesline. Byron took every shortcut known to man to stay on top as raked the eyes of his opponent and continually made referee Roy Worrall pull him off his opponent as he refused to break holds at the five count. Roy Worrall issued a number of warnings to the veteran, but Byron completely ignored the referee.

Byron whipped Nate Manchester into a corner, and started blatantly choking his opponent in the corner. Roy Worrall counted to five and Byron once again refused to break the hold. Worrall hauled Byron off Manchester, and yelled at Byron that he was on his last warning. Byron got in Worrall’s face intimidatingly, as he towered over the referee. After a few seconds, Byron smirked and looked to charge Nate Manchester in the corner but the Geordie was able to get his boot up. Byron ate the boot, and looked to charge again but ate a second boot! Byron staggered back into the middle of the ring and ate a Roundhouse Kick!

The crowd rose to their feet as Nate Manchester headed to the top rope, and “The Real Angel Of The North” flew gracefully through the air looking for his Manc-Sault… but ate nothing but mat as Byron showed his veteran wiles to roll inside the high flying maneuver. The Geordie staggered to his feet, and ate a heavy right hand from Byron that sent him staggering into the ropes. Byron was immediately on top of his opponent and used his boot to choke the Geordie against the middle rope. Roy Worrall started his count again, and at five tried to pull Byron off his opponent once again. The veteran pushed the referee away and continued to choke Nate Manchester, causing Roy Worrall to call for the DQ!

Rating: 50

NateManchester.jpg.30b01929c5b426117dc1d0e80a0c8c33.jpg Byron.jpg.826e226acd1b25b3f668e94e8d2b13fc.jpg

Byron was in disbelief when he heard the bell. He immediately got in the referees face, as Melanie Florence raged at the injustice on commentary. Byron shoved Roy Worrall to the mat, before hopping out of the ring and grabbing a chair. He wrapped the chair around the skull of Nate Manchester, before screaming at referee Roy Worrall that this was his fault!

Byron continued to lay the boots into Nate Manchester as Joey Beauchamp’s music played over the speakers. “The Breeze” strolled down to the ring, as Byron hauled the lifeless body of “The Real Angel Of The North” back to his feet. Beauchamp grabbed a microphone and got right in the face of Nate Manchester.

JoeyBeauchamp.jpg.9058408c687cacb1bebc3f791d23f9ef.jpg

Joey Beauchamp: “I told you last week Nate. You’re an untalented hack who’s been handed his career on a silver platter, and I’m done watching it.” (Signalling to Byron) “We’re done watching it!”

Beauchamp delivered a disrespectful slap to the face Nat Manchester.

Joey Beauchamp: “At ‘Out With The Old’ I’m going to prove to everyone that I am the better wrestler, and the better man! Because I am cool, I am the Breeze.”

Beauchamp threw away his microphone, before delivering a Breeze Block to the already unconscious Nate Manchester. The Heels end the show stood tall over the fallen babyface.

Melanie Florence: “What a night for Byron! He outsmarted Darius Moss earlier tonight, and he ends the night standing tall alongside Joey Beauchamp over the lifeless body of Nate Manchester!”

Jackie Goldstein: “You’ve put a bit of a slant on that…”

Melanie Florence: “I guess we’ll find out at ‘Out With The Old’ when Darius Moss dodges Byron by choosing music over wrestling AGAIN!”

Jackie Goldstein (sighing): “Thank you for joining us for another huge night of wrestling! We’ll see you back here next week exclusively on WrestleWorld GB!”

Edited by Charasmatic Enigma
Typo in date
  • Like 4

Mo Adebola pushing Frank Finkleton to favor his client again got on my nerves, which should be a good sign because you want fans to hate him.

I thought Dragon would have to go through more opponents before facing Silva to put him more over, but I guess being a former 21CW champion is enough pedigree for him.

Frisby's Foundation For Fitness segment was one of their best so far in my opinion. Red Dragon and Brillant White was more or less what I expected.

I hope Byron vs Landon Mallory will position Mallory as Edison Silva's next in line challenger. I think Landon Mallory won't succeed in his first attempt to dethrone Silva but the opportunity to Main Event should help him grow in popularity faster. I would be happy if you're planning a long rivalry between Mallory and Silva over the time, but I don't know if this will be the case. On paper I think they are perfect antagonists.

• Like 2

Agree with @newbiezness, the reaction test segment was a delight. Classic heel attacks face when he's about to be shown up angle, but with a unique Chuck Frisby twist. I could picture those obnoxious celebrations.

Dangermouth having to choose between music and wrestling is a fun story: you're great at bringing out the characteristics that make each character unique.

I was thinking that Manchester-Byron felt like a fresh main event, so I liked the detail about it being a first-time match between two veterans. The DQ finish made sense for that reason, so we can look forward to a decisive winner in future.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, newbiezness said:

Mo Adebola pushing Frank Finkleton to favor his client again got on my nerves, which should be a good sign because you want fans to hate him.

I thought Dragon would have to go through more opponents before facing Silva to put him more over, but I guess being a former 21CW champion is enough pedigree for him.

Frisby's Foundation For Fitness segment was one of their best so far in my opinion. Red Dragon and Brillant White was more or less what I expected.

I hope Byron vs Landon Mallory will position Mallory as Edison Silva's next in line challenger. I think Landon Mallory won't succeed in his first attempt to dethrone Silva but the opportunity to Main Event should help him grow in popularity faster. I would be happy if you're planning a long rivalry between Mallory and Silva over the time, but I don't know if this will be the case. On paper I think they are perfect antagonists.

Thanks @newbiezness! Glad you enjoyed the Frisby segment, I had a lot of fun writing it. 

I think I've already mentioned that my original plan was for Landon Mallory to be Silva's opponent at this PPV, but despite his winning streak Mallory still entered the months as 'Unimportant'. I was worried he wouldn't be able to do the length of match I want for my title match, so I had to pivot. Red Dragon comes in as a former 21st Century World Champion, which I hoped would give him instant legitimacy.

Byron is feuding with Dangermouth right now, Bret Heartbreak attacked Mallory for currently unknown reasons. Mallory is still my long term plan for face of the company, I just need to get his popularity up before I can pull the trigger.

10 hours ago, 619 said:

Agree with @newbiezness, the reaction test segment was a delight. Classic heel attacks face when he's about to be shown up angle, but with a unique Chuck Frisby twist. I could picture those obnoxious celebrations.

Dangermouth having to choose between music and wrestling is a fun story: you're great at bringing out the characteristics that make each character unique.

I was thinking that Manchester-Byron felt like a fresh main event, so I liked the detail about it being a first-time match between two veterans. The DQ finish made sense for that reason, so we can look forward to a decisive winner in future.

Thanks @619! Frisby's been my favourite character to write so far, and coming up with ideas for his kind of OTT gimmick is always fun. He's the character I have the most things I want to do with, despite the fact he'll never be a main event player.

I'm glad to finally be into the meat of the Dangermouth story. He took a long time to set up, as I needed to set up the premise before I could start the story. It's also really allowed me to set up Byron as a true Heel, rather than just 'Bret Heartbreak's dad', which I felt he was slipping into prior to this feud.

I had toyed with giving Byron the win by interference here, but Nate Manchester kicked off. There is a massive pop gap in game, so that wasn't unexpected. I think this way Byron and Beauchamp came out looking strong, without having to upset my most popular babyface. At least I hope so!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Charasmatic Enigma said:

Thanks @newbiezness! Glad you enjoyed the Frisby segment, I had a lot of fun writing it. 

I think I've already mentioned that my original plan was for Landon Mallory to be Silva's opponent at this PPV, but despite his winning streak Mallory still entered the months as 'Unimportant'. I was worried he wouldn't be able to do the length of match I want for my title match, so I had to pivot. Red Dragon comes in as a former 21st Century World Champion, which I hoped would give him instant legitimacy.

Byron is feuding with Dangermouth right now, Bret Heartbreak attacked Mallory for currently unknown reasons. Mallory is still my long term plan for face of the company, I just need to get his popularity up before I can pull the trigger.

My bad, Byron and Bret pictures are so similar that I got confused. I took for granted that attack would lead to a future feud with Bret, but I'll have to wait to see if that happens or not. It's good to know in which point is Landon. Seems like a good decision to wait a little bit more for him then.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, newbiezness said:

My bad, Byron and Bret pictures are so similar that I got confused. I took for granted that attack would lead to a future feud with Bret, but I'll have to wait to see if that happens or not. It's good to know in which point is Landon. Seems like a good decision to wait a little bit more for him then.

No worries, the pictures I'm using are incredibly similar. For what it's worth Landon Mallory is up to 'Recognisable' after the last show, so he is slowly moving up the card.

On 11/19/2023 at 1:00 PM, HiPlus said:

Nate Manchester vs Byron

I went back and forth on this match, while Nate doesn't "need" the win he would normally get the win. Byron however does, he dragged his son down for being a perennial loser, and then proceeds to lose later in the night. Add to that Joey teamed up with Byron he would gladly help Byron get over as well. There are so many good value ways for Byron to pick up an underhanded win here. 

On 11/19/2023 at 9:06 PM, John Lions said:

Nate Manchester vs Byron
This one is interesting - from a meta perspective, idk if the gap in popularity is small enough where Byron winning doesn't crater Manchester, but if Nate is going to do stuff outside of the Championship then he needs to take some losses to make the big event matches more compelling.

On 11/19/2023 at 3:20 PM, newbiezness said:

Nate Manchester vs Byron

Could this be an upset?

A lot of people went for a Byron victory, and it was something I toyed with. Ultimately the game made the decision when Nate Manchester was "extremely unhappy" with the loss. Hopefully by going for the DQ win and the angle with the beatdown and the Heels standing tall, Byron still looks strong without upsetting my most over babyface!

A big thank you to everyone who commented, predicted and reacted on the lastest show! A special thank you to @John Lions for the amazing new logo his made for Frisby's Foundation for Fitness and the new logo for National TV!

A tougher round of predictions this week, with the Main Event in particular throwing a few people. Congratulations to @KyTeran and @azzak for maintaining their perfect records. Hope to see everyone back for the go home show!

Prediction Results After Episode 11

@KyTeran 5/5

@azzak 5/5

@John Lions 4/5

@newbiezness 3/5

@HiPlus 3/5

@smw88 2/5

Combined Prediction Results

KyTeran 15/15

azzak 15/15

John Lions 13/15

newbiezness 12/15

HiPlus 3/5

smw88 2/5

Predictions for NWF National Wrestling Episode 12

Welsh Dragon & Red Dragon vs The Tribe (Rhys Vali & Rohan Kirchner)

Leighton Buzzard vs Stardust Phil Cox

Landon Mallory vs Brilliant White

Grant Taypen vs Joey Beauchamp

8 Man Tag: Future X & Sharp & Heath vs The Northern Lights & Lee & O'Hearne

Edited by Charasmatic Enigma
  • Like 1

Well I can't get much worse!

Welsh Dragon & Red Dragon vs The Tribe (Rhys Vali & Rohan Kirchner)

Landon Mallory vs Brilliant White

• Like 1

Welsh Dragon & Red Dragon vs The Tribe (Rhys Vali & Rohan Kirchner)

The 'Dragons' all the way

No doubt.

Landon Mallory vs Brilliant White

Bret interfering again?

I think there's too much difference between them.

I'll go with the heels.

• Like 1

WrestleWorld GB & NWF Present:

NWFNationalWrestling.jpeg.2b618978c5eb72cfbabb9040751f7831.jpeg

NWF National Wrestling

Episode #12

Wednesday W1 January 2021

Show Rating: 51

NWF.jpg.9f2b253789b1858c40c1e608cb557c3d.jpg

JackieGoldstein.jpg.7251a3ed2d744161e5a4cc9190346794.jpg MelanieFlorence.jpg.c17740e16415d2fb2468a530210a3980.jpg

Jackie Goldstein: “Hello and welcome to the first NWF National Wrestling of 2021! We’re steaming exclusively on demand at WrestleWorld GB, my name is Jackie Goldstein and joining me at ringside is Melanie Florence!”

Melanie Florence: “We are only days away from ‘Out With The Old’, our first special presentation of 2021, and the card looks stacked already!”

Jackie Goldstein: “Our Main Event tonight sees tag champions Future X teaming alongside the number one contenders for their titles, Jon Michael Sharp & Martin Heath, in a blockbuster 8-man Tag match. Can champions and challengers co-exist only four days out from their title match?”

Melanie Florence: “Our opening match also involves two men in title matches at ‘Out With The Old’! Welsh Dragon, who is defending his Cruiserweight title against Chuck Frisby, teams with fellow Welshman and number one contender for the NWF British Heavyweight Championship – Red Dragon!”

WelshDragon.jpg.a74a45d30c64a40de35cdd1f518dd2fa.jpgRedDragon.jpg.b1c1d624d1ccf6ef9a7a567c4637558e.jpgvs.jpg.92b50b773c36b87bad24c82700dd8bc3.jpgRhysVali.jpg.b6462e379bcd70518add8efd0949d9af.jpgRohanKirchner.jpg.c8fcf73abdb4c5dfae5a1f65adf0a5e7.jpg

Welsh Dragon & Red Dragon VS The Tribe (Rhys Vali & Rohan Kirchner)

Red Dragon made his shock return to British wrestling two weeks ago when he saved his fellow Welshman, Welsh Dragon, from an attack by Edison Silva – the man who Red Dragon faces for the NWF British Heavyweight Championship this Sunday. The two Welshman worked well as a team here, as they controlled proceedings against experienced opponents. Welsh Dragon showcased his lucha-libre inspired moveset, with Arm Drags, Drop Toe Holds, Hurricanranas and more Arm Drags on display! However, it was Red Dragon who hit his Moonsault to secure the victory to give both Welshman some momentum heading into their title matches this Sunday!

Rating: 46

WelshDragon.jpg.a74a45d30c64a40de35cdd1f518dd2fa.jpg RedDragon.jpg.b1c1d624d1ccf6ef9a7a567c4637558e.jpg

After the bell had rung, Welsh Dragon raised Red Dragon’s arm to signal his respect for his fellow countryman - the only Welshman to have previously held a World Title. Unfortunately neither man saw Edison Silva come sprinting down the ramp, as the NWF British Heavyweight Champion delivered heavy forearm shots to the back of the heads of both Welshman. Hauling Welsh Dragon to his feet, Silva delivered his Knee Strike KO to the Cruiserweight champion before dumping him to the outside.

MoAdebola.jpg.b18f2a71db3851a8ca1517db76bcd868.jpg EdisonSilva.jpg.4bd4673e2b793e62ba745595981541c3.jpg

With Mo Adebola directing traffic, Silva turned his attention to Red Dragon. The champion delivered vicious boots to the head of his challenger, before Mo Adebola warned his client that help was coming from the back. As Road Agents ran down to the ring to attempt to break up the attack, Silva delivered a Grounded Knee Flurry to the head of Red Dragon – leaving the former 21st Century World Champion out cold.

With the damage done, Mo Adebola called his client off as the Road Agents reached the ring. As Adebola led his client to the back, he had a message for Red Dragon.

Mo Adebola: “You may be a FORMER World Champion Red Dragon, but that was over a decade ago! Now it’s Edison Silva’s time at the top, and come Sunday night he will prove that and it really will be ‘Out With The Old’ – as he ends your little ‘homecoming tour’ for good!”

StuartWilson.jpg.79cae47b7eb8f5ed00016edf9aa67e7c.jpg ChuckFrisby.jpg.666dae1c7909df3a84e097d70d930313.jpg DwayneDark.jpeg.2273730444297ff80a74d747f042aa4d.jpeg

Frisby’s Foundation for Fitness are out next, as Chuck Frisby led his clients to ring. Dwayne Dark was carrying a cardboard box, filled with brightly coloured tee-shirts.

Chuck Frisby: “Last week I showed everyone that following the principles of Frisby’s Foundation for Fitness puts you in peak physical condition, as I defeated Welsh Dragon in a test of reactions. Peaking for performance at the right time is a key tenet of coaching, and something Stuart and I worked on tirelessly heading into the Olympics. I can promise Welsh Dragon that come this Sunday I will arrive in peak physical condition, and I will take his Cruiserweight Title!”

The crowd boo Frisby, but the personal trainer seemed oblivious as usual.

Chuck Frisby: “And to celebrate my upcoming personal success, I have decided to run a special promotional campaign. Anyone who signs up for a twelve month membership between now and when I win the Cruiserweight title this Sunday, will receive a FREE tee-shirt emblazoned with our beautiful logo!”

Chuck Frisby opened the box that Dwayne Dark had been holding, and pulled out a brightly coloured tee-shirt with a huge logo on the front:

FrisbysFitnessPNG.png.6fef314e3e610c80db4da3d2dd6639c0.png

Chuck Frisby: “All for the low, low price of just £9.99 a month! It’s the steal of the century! And if anyone needs any more convincing, Olympic Bronze medalist and Frisby Foundation for Fitness ambassador Stuart Wilson is about to show exactly what can be achieved by following the principles of the program! My name is Chuck Frisby, and I’m here to tackle England’s obesity crisis by giving away one tee-shirt at a time!”

Rating: 43

_BlankBackground.jpg.bb75393d5f85a8bcdd55c7c66aeec292.jpgvs.jpg.92b50b773c36b87bad24c82700dd8bc3.jpgStuartWilson.jpg.79cae47b7eb8f5ed00016edf9aa67e7c.jpg

Local Worker VS “The Celtic Hammer” Stuart Wilson w/ Chuck Frisby

A hugely one-sided affair designed to showcase the power of the Olympic Bronze medallist. Frisby alternated between barking crazed exercise instructions and trying to sell his tee-shirts to members of the crowd at ringside. The personal trainer delighted in counting along as Stuart Wilson impressively overhead pressed his opponent ten times, before dropping them to the mat with a Gorilla Press Slam. Frisby continued to spout the virtues of Frisby’s Foundation for Fitness at ringside, as Wilson hoisted his opponent onto his shoulder to deliver his Bronze Bomber (Running Powerslam) to secure a routine win.

Rating: 41

LeightonBuzzard.jpg.3fdfe10f803425dd62f35866d0e20ffe.jpgvs.jpg.92b50b773c36b87bad24c82700dd8bc3.jpgStardustPhilCox_alt1.jpg.b1444320a5aa100f92f57a780cd5e524.jpg

Leighton Buzzard VS Stardust Phil Cox

This was a high-flying affair as both men took to the air in their efforts to kick off 2021 with a victory. Leighton Buzzard was one of the hardest working and consistent in-ring performers for NWF in 2020, and judging by this performance there’s no reason that would change in 2021. Stardust Phil Cox gave a good account of himself in this match, but once again came up short as Leighton Buzzard hit his Buzz Off (Diving Tornado DDT from the second rope) to kick off his 2021 in style.

Byron.jpg.0f70ef1e4142142814411dabde10616b.jpg

Melanie Florence jumped to her feet on commentary as the music of Byron played over the speakers. After his attack on crowd favourite Nate Manchester last week, the boos are louder than normal for the former 10-time World Champion – much to the dismay of Melanie Florence on commentary.

Byron: “Like me I’m sure you’re all dying to know if Mr. Moss will be accepting my challenge for this Sunday at ‘Out With The Old’. So, if he is here, I’d like to invite Mr. Moss to join me in the ring…”

Byron waited for a few moments, theatrically checking his watch before continuing.

Byron: “You see! You all boo me, but at least I’m here! Your little hero Darius Moss thinks so little of you all that he can’t even be bothered to show up.”

The boos grew even louder, as Melanie Florence had to raise her voice on commentary to be heard agreeing with Byron.

Byron: “Mr. Moss might enjoy pretending to be a wrestler, he might claim that he can’t compete on Sunday because of a prior engagement but we all know it’s really because he’s scared to face me again after the beating I gave him at ‘Last Orders’! If Mr. Moss wants to become a real professional wrestler – like I have been for the past 26 years – he has to grow a pair and face me!”

On commentary, Melanie Florence agreed that Dangermouth was simply scared to face Byron again, but Jackie Goldstein reminded us that Dangermouth had commitments as a national level grime artist that other members of the roster didn’t have. This led to Melanie Florence challenging whether Dangermouth should even be on the roster at all, if he’s only working part time.

Rating: 48

LandonMallory.jpg.0cadc47562c26ef035b21ce30c9db3c1.jpgvs.jpg.92b50b773c36b87bad24c82700dd8bc3.jpgBrilliantWhite.jpg.8c2a79008d6e59515f81c8f8be4e5ed0.jpg

“The Springbok” Landon Mallory VS Brilliant White

Brilliant White brought his usual brand of theatrics to the event, as a blinding flash of white light filled the building for his spectacular entrance. However, in Landon Mallory he faced a man who had won seven matches on the bounce. With the South African holding a distinct size advantage, Brilliant White went high risk as the daredevil took to the air and threw himself at his opponent off every part of the ring. “The Springbok” showcased his incredible power as he caught Brilliant White clean out of the air on his shoulder, before delivering a Powerslam that shook the ring. Brilliant White struggled back to his feet, but turned right into a Springbok Ram (Gore) from Landon Mallory to secure the South African his eighth successive victory!

Rating: 48

BretHeartbreak.jpg.814782fed617bf653550d5fbbb9b5cb3.jpg HollyLeves.jpg.759e7b058f26b4b45dcb98eb17adab6a.jpg

We cut backstage to find Bret Heartbreak and Holly Leves, who had clearly just been watching Landon Mallory’s match on a monitor. Bret was wearing a serious expression as he watched on.

Holly Leves: “I still don’t get it Bret… what was the attack last week about?”

Bret Heartbreak: “You heard my dad the other week. I’m an ‘embarrassment to his legacy’. Do you know how hard it is to live up to expectations when you’re dads a ten-time world champion?”

Holly Leves: “I don’t care about any of that…”

Bret Heartbreak: “Well I do! Losing to Landon Mallory was what lost my dads respect, so I need to beat him this Sunday! It’s the only way I’ll get back in his good books…”

With that Bret stormed away, leaving a concerned looking Holly Leves alone on camera.

Rating: 40

GrantTaypen.jpg.64d8068674b51f23588667a513616c0f.jpgvs.jpg.92b50b773c36b87bad24c82700dd8bc3.jpgJoeyBeauchamp.jpg.abd32258d82936cb5c8454e0cbca9864.jpg

Grant Taypen VS Joey “The Breeze” Beauchamp

Grant Taypen is a talented young wrestler with a bright future, but tonight he was facing a man with 26 years experience in the ring and Joey Beauchamp showed some of the tricks he had learned over the years to stay in control of this match. An early thumb to the eye gave Beauchamp an early advantage, and “The Breeze” was sure to make full use of the referee’s five count throughout – although after seeing Roy Worrall DQ Byron last week, Beauchamp was sure to release the hold once Worrall physically stepped in to break it.

Taypen tried to rally back on a few occasions, but was always cut down by Beauchamp’s underhand tactics, and “The Breeze” was able to set up his Breeze Block finisher to secure the victory.

Rating: 40

After his match, Joey Beauchamp grabbed a microphone to address his opponent this Sunday at ‘Out With The Old’.

JoeyBeauchamp.jpg.abd32258d82936cb5c8454e0cbca9864.jpg

Joey Beauchamp: “Last week Byron and I sent a message to the Nate Manchester’s of the world – our time is now! We are done being overlooked in place of talentless hacks like Nate Manchester. After I win at ‘Out With The Old’, nobody will be in any doubt that I am not only the better wrestler but the better man! Because I am cool, I am The Breeze.”

PeteyBarnes.jpg.cfa8a297101e96aadc54ab85e3c9ca24.jpgEricFuture.jpg.49e4712a1837f2f1bcb5c82f5a352fbe.jpgJonMichaelSharp.jpg.b550d28e60aa831ea804a2dcd4e0f347.jpgMartinHeath.jpg.84049a58ad1dd985b09a4eaf10ab7ef0.jpg

vs.jpg.92b50b773c36b87bad24c82700dd8bc3.jpg

AltonVicious.jpg.db5a0f8014fd47c8147c2e9166c17315.jpgRiddickJordan.jpg.be6a3a8087b4ac1a7e80797fc0ac3664.jpgJKLee.jpg.349ed64a1501f5195740d4622cc9b551.jpgPadraigOHearne.jpg.9203ab03982bb2204ee2e800806fa9d4.jpg

Future X & Sharp & Heath VS The Northern Lights & Lee & O’Hearne

This was a fantastic Main Event, containing four of the top tag teams in the NWF. The question heading into this one was whether Future X and their number one contenders Sharp & Heath could co-exist only days before their title match at ‘Out With The Old’. It was noticeable in the early stages that Sharp & Heath were reluctant to tag in, forcing Petey Barnes and Eric Future to do the bulk of the work. This led to the British Tag Team champions becoming overwhelmed by the numbers game as The Northern Lights power saw them take control of the contest.

Sensing that their team was in danger of losing Martin Heath tagged himself into the match, and with the numbers evened up the babyfaces worked their way back into the contest. However, soon it was Future X who were less willing to get involved in the match up, leading to The Northern Lights isolating Martin Heath in their corner. Heath took a lot of punishment, with Riddick Jordan almost winning the match for his team with a Diving Headbutt, but Petey Barnes was over just in time to break up the pinfall.

With Riddick Jordan feel the effects of the Diving Headbutt, both men crawled over to their corner and made the tag. Petey Barnes and Padraig O’Hearne were the legal men, but the Irishman ran straight into an X-Press Superkick from Barnes. JK Lee looked to jump in and save his partner, but ate an X-Press Superkick as well. Referee Roy Worral completely lost control of the match at this point, as all 8 men swamped the ring and traded finishers until the last two men standing were the two legal men Petey Barnes and Padraig O’Hearne. O’Hearne looked to deliver his Crowning Glory (Swinging Fisherman’s Neckbreaker), but Barnes was able to escape the move and deliver another X-Press Superkick to secure the victory for his team.

After the match Future X and Sharp & Heath met in the middle of the ring. There was a moment of tension as Future X were handed their titles, but it passed as the two teams shook hands to end the show.

Rating: 53

Jackie Goldstein: “Be sure to join us in four days when Future X and Sharp & Heath go from teammates tonight to adversaries at ‘Out With The Old’! Which team will walk away with the NWF British Tag Team Titles?”

Melanie Florence: “And Chuck Frisby looks to expand his personal branding by defeating Welsh Dragon for the Cruiserweight Title!”

Jackie Goldstein: “Red Dragon has been on top of the world, but Mo Adebola claims his clients time is now. Can Edison Silva hold onto his title as he defends against a formers 21st Century World Champion?”

Melanie Florence: “And will Dangermouth show up, or will he run scared from his scheduled bout with Byron?”

Jackie Goldstein: “To find out the answers to those questions, and so many more, be sure to join us this Sunday at 8PM for ‘Out With The Old’! Streaming live and on demand exclusively here on WrestleWorld GB!”

• Like 7

As per the comments above, I always enjoy how you share the weekly main event spotlight around for how it makes your monthly show undercards feel more prestigious. It felt like you managed to make everyone who needs to look good heading into Out With The Old look good on this episode.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, newbiezness said:

Good go-home show before Out With The Old. Welsh Dragon vs Chuck Frisby for the Cruiserweight title is the match in which I'm invested the most. I want Dragon to retain but if you need Frisby to win I'd understand it.

Thanks @newbiezness! I'm glad people continue to enjoy Chuck, as he's so much fun to write! I'm also glad you're supporting the babyface haha!

12 hours ago, The Lloyd said:

I really like all four of those teams in the main Event!!

Thanks @The Lloyd. The tag scene is probably my strongest division atm, and has had to do some of the heavy lifting given the lack of star power at the top of the card. I feel like I'm under utilising teams like Sharp & Heath and Lee & O'Hearne, but getting everyone screen time is difficult in a 7-8 team division.

9 hours ago, 619 said:

As per the comments above, I always enjoy how you share the weekly main event spotlight around for how it makes your monthly show undercards feel more prestigious. It felt like you managed to make everyone who needs to look good heading into Out With The Old look good on this episode.

Thanks @619! I think that's partly down to my lack of true Main Event singles stars, but I do like that it means lots of different people get the chance to shine in TV main events. 

• Like 2

Thank you to everyone who commented, predicted and reacted to the go-home show! Congratulations to @azzak for getting all 5 picks, and taking a slender lead heading into the final show of this round - 'Out With The Old'!

Thank you again to the amazing @John Lions for the incredible poster below!

Prediction Results after National Wrestling Episode 12

@azzak 5/5

@KyTeran 4/5

@smw88 3/5

@newbiezness 3/5

Combined Prediction Results

azzak 20/20

KyTeran 19/20

newbiezness 15/20

John Lions 13/15

smw88 5/10

HiPlus 3/5

OutWithTheOldPoster.thumb.png.1ee4dd92e8fa43ac40670ec571bf330f.png

Predictions for NWF Out With The Old

NWF British Tag Team Championship: Future X (C) vs Sharp & Heath

Landon Mallory vs Bret Heartbreak w/ Holly Leves

NWF Cruiserweight Championship: Welsh Dragon (C) vs Chuck Frisby

Nate Manchester vs Joey Beauchamp

NWF British Heavyweight Championship: Red Dragon vs Edison Silva (C) w/ Mo Adebola

Bonus question: Will Dangermouth make an appearance at the show?

Tiebreaker: What will the three top rated matches be (in order):

(optional) Bonus question: What sign would you bring to the show?

• Like 2

NWF British Tag Team Championship: Future X (C) vs Sharp & Heath

Nate Manchester vs Joey Beauchamp

NWF British Heavyweight Championship: Red Dragon vs Edison Silva (C) w/ Mo Adebola

Bonus question: Will Dangermouth make an appearance at the show? Yes

1. Silva vs dragon

2. Nate and joey

3. Bret and mallory

Joey Beauchamp poster.jpg

Edited by smw88
  • Like 3

NWF British Tag Team Championship: Future X (C) vs Sharp & Heath

I'm a big fan of both teams but I think Future X are still just coming out of the starting blocks as champions.

A Bret loss here infuriates Byron causing further dissention between father and son.

P.S nice render for Holly Leves 😉

NWF Cruiserweight Championship: Welsh Dragon (C) vs Chuck Frisby

This is in my mind where I jeprodise my 100% guessing streak for this round and possibly cost myself the victory, but I'm leaning towards Frisby here. Well that's a lie, I still think a Welsh Dragon victory here is more probable, but I'm going to risk it all with a Frisby win. Though Dragon's reign is still short, Chuck has been one of your most interesting characters (I believe by your own admission too). Plus he has the heel faction to interfere and keep Dragon strong in defeat. I think you're going to head towards a Red Dragon/Welsh Dragon tag team in the future, something I've also initiated in a save previously as they seem to be quite a natural pairing. I also think you don't want to run two events where all the belts are retained, which is tough to avoid when starting a new promotion, especially with a monthly event schedule.

I'm going for Manchester here purely because I think he complains about losing to Joey Beauchamp. I'm not at my computer to check if Beauchamp has a high enough toughness to intimidate Nate into taking a loss, so I'll hedge that he doesn't. 

NWF British Heavyweight Championship: Red Dragon vs Edison Silva (C) w/ Mo Adebola

I just don't think Red Dragon is world title material and his arrival is to give Silva more credibility with a victory over a former World Champion.

Yes

1. Manchester vs Beauchamp 

2. Sharp & Heath vs Future X

3. Red Dragon vs Edison Silva

• Like 1

I still don't see any reasons for the titles to change hands.

Landon Mallory is the future.

You can't do wrong with this match, I want Dragon to retain but as I said previously if Frisby's Foundation For Fitness needs the belt let's do it. I like that either way the Cruiserweight championship is getting more relevant.

I'm not a big Nate Manchester fan so I'll follow my instincts and give Beauchamp the win in this one.

Red Dragon is losing in his last singles match before joining Welsh Dragon in a tag team or at least that is what I'd like to happen.

Yes

1. Future X vs Sharp & Heath

2. Nate Manchester vs Joey Beauchamp

3. Red Dragon vs Edison Silva

(optional) Bonus question: What sign would you bring to the show?welshdragons.png

• Like 3

Bonus question: Will Dangermouth make an appearance at the show? Yes I guess

• Like 1

Bonus question: Will Dangermouth make an appearance at the show? Yes

1. Welsh Dragon vs Chuck Frisby

2. Future X vs Sharp & Heath

3. Landon Mallory vs Bret Heartbreak

Frisby Fitness can't beat dragon fire.

• Like 1

WrestleWorld GB and NWF present:

OutWithTheOldPoster.thumb.png.bea870e8f4dc281c174dc95b3e5e02d7.png

Sunday W1 January 2021

Attendance: 636

Show Rating: 52

NWF.jpg.45018fecb99d4aa1e4e38c1311744baa.jpg

JackieGoldstein.jpg.62a8ac6653162d2ccfa8329d8bb20edf.jpg MelanieFlorence.jpg.5ea8019a2dc1d5a46978491172ab7d1f.jpg

Jackie Goldstein: “Hello and welcome to our first special presentation of 2021 – ‘Out With The Old’. We’re streaming exclusively live and on demand at WrestleWorld. Joining me at ringside is Melanie Florence.”

Melanie Florence: “Thanks Jackie! We have a stacked card tonight with three huge title matches. Former 21st Century World Champion Red Dragon has the chance to add the NWF British Heavyweight Championship to his collection as he challenges Edison Silva in tonight’s Main Event!”

Jackie Goldstein: “Chuck Frisby looks to become NWF Cruiserweight champion as he faces Welsh Dragon, but first Jon Michael Sharp & Martin Heath challenge Future X for the NWF British Tag Team Titles!”

Generic_BritishTag.jpg.cf5f7692bc2625b62c7a2c4e879bc063.jpgGeneric_BritishTag.jpg.cf5f7692bc2625b62c7a2c4e879bc063.jpg

PeteyBarnes.jpg.6a64bc191c5b5d6aef6f86294201bf8c.jpgEricFuture.jpg.57fe90573c8d4c0150a21bdbab5b02d5.jpgvs.jpg.b9ca220390a23d825a58223bf142057f.jpgJonMichaelSharp.jpg.5b967b313e64646dc2903394477a323f.jpgMartinHeath.jpg.3a27b0ac46621a2d2bb995f3e8f0931c.jpg

(C) Future X (Petey Barnes & Eric Future) VS Sharp & Heath (Jon Michael Sharp & Martin Heath)

NWF British Tag Team Titles

These two teams have a huge amount of respect for each other, and shook hands before the bell. Martin Heath flew out of the gates in this one, taking the early initiative for his team. Heath flew around the ring, knocking both members of Future X to the mat before landing a Cross Body. Heath scrambled to the top rope, looking for his Flying Fist Drop… but Petey Barnes was able to roll out of the way. Heath jumped back to his feet, holding his fist in pain and walked right into an early X-Press Superkick from Petey Barnes! Barnes made the cover, but Heath was able to get his foot onto the bottom rope just before Ray Worrall’s hand hit the mat for the three.

While Heath had kicked out of the X-Press Superkick, the champions were now firmly in control with Heath isolated on the far side of the ring from his partner. Future X showed their experience as a team, as the utilised frequent tags to stay fresh as they wore down Martin Heath. Things looked bad for the team of Sharp & Heath, as Heath continued to take punishment until Eric Future looked to bounce Heath off the ropes, only for him to duck under Future’s attempted Clothesline and hit a Cross Body to leave both men down.

Both Future and Heath crawled slowly back to their corners, and made the simultaneous tags to their partners. Jon Michael Sharp hit the ring for the first time in the match, and as the fresh man he ran over Petey Barnes with a series of Clotheslines before dumping Eric Future to the outside. Looking to maintain the momentum, Sharp hit a Clothesline to the corner into a Running Bulldog to earn a two count. Trying to fire the crowd up, Sharp headed to the top rope and looked for his Flying Cross Body… but Petey Barnes was able to dive out of the way and send Sharp crashing to the mat. Sharp struggled back to his feet but, like his partner had earlier, walked straight into an X-Press Superkick! Eric Future rolled back into the ring and the champions set Sharp up for their Future Shock DDT (Aided Double Arm DDT) to secure a hard fought second defence of their British Tag Team Titles.

Rating: 58

LandonMallory.jpg.3f284deb434719992446fc515ec27b51.jpg

The camera cut backstage to find Landon Mallory stood by with Rachel Dearheart.

Rachel Dearheart: “Landon, you enter this match on the back of eight consecutive victories. How long do you think you can keep that streak alive?”

Landon Mallory: “Every time a barrier has been put in front of me I have always knocked it down. And every time an opponent stands in front of me, I always knock them down with the ‘Springbok Ram’ – yebo! As long as I keep doing what I’m doing, I don’t see why this run has to end.”

Rachel Dearheart: “You’ve got to have an eye on the NWF British Heavyweight Title then?”

Landon Mallory: “Ag man, of course. Of course. But I’ve got a job to do tonight. First I deal with Bret Heartbreak, then Edison Silva is an oke I might start worrying about next week...”

Rating: 44

LandonMallory.jpg.3f284deb434719992446fc515ec27b51.jpgvs.jpg.b9ca220390a23d825a58223bf142057f.jpgBretHeartbreak.jpg.db45d93b498e4df71dc1a03475904eec.jpgHollyLeves.jpg.f0a8cd4f763a10a20366e43ef6de20a7.jpg

“The Springbok” Landon Mallory VS Bret Heartbreak w/ Holly Leves

Landon Mallory was right when he told Rachel Dearheart he couldn’t look past Bret Heartbreak, as the youngster pushed “The Springbok” to the limit in this surprisingly competitive contest. This match was a Wild Brawl, a style which played to both mens strengths. Holly Leves supported her man at ringside, distracting the referee on more than one occasion to allow Bret to bend a rule or two to slow down any momentum that “The Springbok” had been building. However despite Bret Heartbreak’s impressive showing, the power of “The Springbok” proved too much and Landon Mallory was able to deliver his Springbok Ram (Gore) to earn his ninth victory in a row.

As Mallory celebrated his victory, an angry Bret Heartbreak pounded the mat in frustration and pushed off Holly Leves as she tried to comfort him. A frustrated Heartbreak looked for a moment as if he was about to jump “The Springbok” from behind as he had done two weeks ago, but seemed to think better of it and trudged dejected to the back with Holly Leves following a couple of paces behind.

Rating: 53

Byron.jpg.efe40848b231c357e9ca383072521097.jpg

Bret Heartbreak was halfway up the ramp as he trudged slowly to the back when his fathers’ music blasted over the speaker system. Byron sauntered out from the back wearing a fancy suit, and completely blanked his son as the two men passed on the entrance ramp. Holly Leves put a comforting arm around Bret, before leading him through the curtain to the back as Byron grabbed a microphone.

Byron: “I would love to build up the suspense, but as you’ve all probably gathered from the way I’m dressed – Darius Moss isn’t in the building tonight! As I’ve been saying for weeks, Mr. Moss is terrified of facing a real wrestler of my caliber. I’m a former 10-time World Champion and I…”

The crowds boos turn to cheers as Dangermouth’s eponymous hit single blasted out over the speakers! Byron eyes widened in shock as he wheeled round and stared at the entrance way… before bursting into laughter.

Byron (laughing): “You should have seen you all. (high pitched) He’s here! He’s here! The rapper man is here! You people have got to get it through you’re thick skulls that Darius Moss doesn’t care about…”

Dangermouth’s eponymous hit single interrupted Byron for a second time as it blasted over the speakers, but this time Byron looked annoyed. He wheeled around angrily.

Byron: “You idiots, we’ve done the joke! What do you think you’re…”

Dangermouth.jpg.201f713f1908bb2a658a31f42e1b05b8.jpg

The crowed roared as Dangermouth came sprinting out from the back. There was no glitzy entrance or entourage this time, as the grime star was in his ring gear and making a beeline for the ring. Byron frantically tore off his jacket and looked to land a right hand, but Dangermouth ducked underneath and delivered a Flying Shoulder Tackle to the former ten-time World Champion. Dangermouth hyped up the crowd as Roy Worrall called for the bell and this match was on!

Dangermouth.jpg.201f713f1908bb2a658a31f42e1b05b8.jpgvs.jpg.b9ca220390a23d825a58223bf142057f.jpgByron.jpg.efe40848b231c357e9ca383072521097.jpg

Dangermouth VS Byron

Dangermouth’s surprise appearance had clearly caught Byron off guard. For one the veteran was not dressed to compete, in his fancy suit and shiny shoes. Byron started the match on the backfoot, and never left it as he spent the entire match desperate trying to create some distance between himself and his fired up opponent. However, Dangermouth didn’t give Byron a moment to settle and was able to hit his Flatliner (Reverse STO) to secure a surprise victory.

Melanie Florence could believe what she had just seen and shouted loudly that Byron wasn’t ready. Melanie continued to rage about the injustice of it all, as Dangermouth celebrated his victory in the ring.

Rating: 37

StuartWilson.jpg.0fda12f247be61510ebd3fb4eea939a3.jpg ChuckFrisby.jpg.ab2e8aef2de8748552a9dc62c2d4ff23.jpg DwayneDark.jpeg.8843a5b540d22303c68841b9abc76f8b.jpeg

Next up was the Cruiserweight title match between Welsh Dragon and Chuck Frisby. The personal trainer was out first, flanked by his clients “The Celtic Hammer” Stuart Wilson and Dwayne Dark.

Chuck Frisby: “I’m pleased to announce that subscriptions to Frisby’s Foundation for Fitness are through the roof… it seems people can’t get enough of these tee-shirts!”

smartmockups_lpi56f0d.thumb.png.8ef2842fba3dbd48cc37f8732aae3121.png

Chuck Frisby: “So this is a final call. In a few minutes I will have defeated Welsh Dragon and become YOUR NWF Cruiserweight champion. So this is the last chance for anybody who wants to sign up to Frisby’s Foundation for Fitness for the low, low price of just £9.99 a month, and get their hands on one of these beautiful tee shirts. Because my name is Chuck Frisby and I’m here to tackle England’s obesity crisis, one championship belt at a time!”

Generic_Cruiserweight.jpeg.d3f109ebb6245dc9728d130f53ef5905.jpeg

WelshDragon.jpg.b81862ffc36fb19f6e7df7be5af38882.jpgvs.jpg.b9ca220390a23d825a58223bf142057f.jpgChuckFrisby.jpg.ab2e8aef2de8748552a9dc62c2d4ff23.jpgStuartWilson.jpg.0fda12f247be61510ebd3fb4eea939a3.jpgDwayneDark.jpeg.8843a5b540d22303c68841b9abc76f8b.jpeg

(C) Welsh Dragon VS Chuck Frisby w/ Stuart Wilson & Dwayne Dark

NWF Cruiserweight Championship

This matchup had captured the imagination of the NWF fans, with some travelling hundreds of miles to watch.

WelshDragonsSign.png.ed607a87707c145e99717f1de5f4ad72.png

Despite Frisby’s confidence and the apparent spike in his shirt sales, most fans seemed to be on the side of the champion – with one sign proclaiming that ‘Frisby fitness can’t beat dragon fire!’ Unfortunately the action in the ring didn’t live up to the hype, due to a combination of Chuck Frisby’s general lack of wrestling ability and the fact that these two men just failed to click in the ring.

Despite Chuck Frisby’s ‘impressive’ victory in a reaction test a few weeks ago, Welsh Dragon’s speed advantage was apparent from the opening bell. The champion showcased his lucha-libre inspired moveset with Arm Drags, Drop Toe Holds, Hurricanranas and more Arm Drags on display! With his trainer struggling, Stuart Wilson became more and more involved in the match. However, he pushed his luck too far when he pulled the top rope to unbalance Welsh Dragon as the champion looked for a Springboard Senton back into the ring. Referee Roy Worrall had seen enough and sent the former Olympic Bronze medallist to the back! Dwayne Dark laughed at Wilson momentarily, until he realised that he too had been sent to the back. Dark complained loudly that he hadn’t even done anything yet, but Roy Worrall was having none of it.

Once he realised that his equalisers had been expelled to the back, Chuck Frisby quickly got in Roy Worrall’s face and demanded that he allow them back. The referee wouldn’t budge though, and Chuck Frisby now had to fight this one on one. Without Stuart Wilson there to slow him down, Welsh Dragon quickly took control of the contest and was able to land his Dragon Kick to secure his third successful title defence.

Rating: 31

NateManchester.jpg.a98527b1c3c4ba698ceae173afbc547e.jpgvs.jpg.b9ca220390a23d825a58223bf142057f.jpgJoeyBeauchamp.jpg.7a27497601a902b37c1351d100f2dce0.jpg

“The Real Angel Of The North” Nate Manchester VS Joey “The Breeze” Beauchamp

Joey Beauchamp was out first, mouthing off the crowd as he made his way to the ring. “The Breeze” was stopped in his tracks however as he noticed a sign in the crowd. Grabbing the sign, “The Breeze” showed it to the camera and asking Nate Manchester if he was watching.

BeauchampSign.jpg.3bacaa601ed4dd2f0966792d9a68ce7f.jpg

Nate Manchester was out next to a good reaction from the crowd. The Geordie started the match hot as he delivered Dropkicks, Flying Clotheslines and a slick looking Neckbreaker which earnt a two count. “The Real Angel Of The North” was starting to really get going until a thumb to the eye from Joey Beauchamp turned the tables.

Beauchamp targeted the ribs of his opponent, backing Manchester into the corner and driving hard shoulders into his midsection. The veteran retained control with a series of heavy shots, before hauling Manchester up by his hair and yelling in his opponents face that he was a “talentless hack”. “The Breeze” delivered a running Bulldog that earned him a two count.

Beauchamp hauled his opponent up by his hair, taking a few moments to yell into Manchester’s face what a “talentless hack” the Geordie was. This drew boos from the crowd as “The Breeze” looked to set up for his Breeze Block (Forward Russian Leg Sweep). The boos turned to cheers as Nate Manchester fought back with heavy elbows to create separation between the two competitors, before the Geordie landed a Roundhouse Kick from nowhere! The crowd rose to their feet as “The Real Angel Of The North” headed to the top rope, and the Geordie flew gracefully through the air to land his Manc-Sault and secure a hard fought victory.

Rating: 50

EdisonSilva.jpg.95d5be81606bfa64181a8d7b83984ee8.jpg MoAdebola.jpg.cb1de40b07e6df0b2bb1f8c2060ae912.jpg

We cut backstage to the locker room of NWF British Heavyweight Champion Edison Silva. We find Mo Adebola in the middle of a pre-match pep talk.

Mo Adebola: “All I’ve been hearing for weeks is how Red Dragon is a former 21st Century World Champion… but that was 14 years ago. Sure Red Dragon was the man then, but Edison Silva is the man now! And after you beat Red Dragon tonight, there ain’t nobody in this business who will be able to deny that!”

The MMA fighter looked focused as he nodded along with his legal advisors words, and our Main Event is next!

Rating: 62

Generic_BritishHeavyweight.jpg.41975df309282a13a1738d1df6360551.jpg

RedDragon.jpg.3cea9d36e9fabe5d204c1ef7410bda27.jpgvs.jpg.b9ca220390a23d825a58223bf142057f.jpgEdisonSilva.jpg.95d5be81606bfa64181a8d7b83984ee8.jpgMoAdebola.jpg.cb1de40b07e6df0b2bb1f8c2060ae912.jpg

Red Dragon VS Edison Silva (C) w/ Mo Adebola

NWF British Heavyweight Championship

Red Dragon received a strong ovation from the crowd, as the former 21st Century World Champion looked to dethrone Edison Silva. MMA fighting had been in its infancy when Red Dragon had been at the top of 21CW, and the Welshman seemed to struggle with Silva’s MMA influenced style. The NWF British Heavyweight Champion controlled the contest by keeping his opponent glued to the mat, and shocked the NWF crowd as he hit a Grounded Knee Flurry early in the contest. Red Dragon had been KO’d by this move on National Wrestling, but the crowd roared as the Welshman got his shoulder up at the very last moment to prevent an early pinfall.

Things didn’t improve for Red Dragon, who now had blood from a busted nose mixed in with his distinctive red face paint, as Silva took the match back to the mat. Silva hit a heavy right hand to earn another two count, before locking in a Dragon Sleeper. Red Dragon looked like he was beginning to fade, until encouragement from the crowd saw the Welshman rally and force himself up onto his feet to deliver a modified Cutter to break the hold.

With the crowd behind him, the former 21st Century World Champion went on the offence for the first time in the match. The Welshman dropped Silva with a series of heavy Clotheslines, before a Drop Toe Hold sent the champion headfirst into the turnbuckle. Silva staggered back into the middle of the ring, and Red Dragon hoisted him up into a Body Slam.

With Silva in position, Red Dragon headed to the top rope. Mo Adebola jumped onto the apron to try and interfere, but was kicked away by the Welshman – much to the delight of the crowd! Red Dragon repositioned himself, and launched into his Moonsault… but landed face first into the canvas! Edison Silva had rolled out of the way at the last moment, leaving both men down. Both men struggled to the ropes to try and help them back to their feet, and Red Dragon was first back up! Unfortunately the Welshman had selected the ropes nearest to Mo Adebola, and the champions legal representative had grabbed hold of the former 21st Century World Champion’s foot. It only took Red Dragon a few moments to shake his foot free of Adebola’s grip, but it was enough to give Edison Silva time to recover and Dragon turned right into a Knee Strike KO from the champion. Silva collapsed into the cover, and there was no kick out this time.

Rating: 51

Jackie Goldstein: “Edison Silva retains, but once again it’s thanks to that darned Mo Adebola…”

Melanie Florence: “Mo Adebola goes above and beyond for his clients. Once again he’s earned every penny that Edison Silva is paying him!”

Jackie Goldstein: “Be sure to join us on Wednesday night for all of the fallout from tonight’s show!”

Melanie Florence: “Byron will have his revenge!”

Jackie Goldstein: “Thank you for watching and good night!”

• Like 6

Landon Mallory in the second-best match is a good sign. I didn't realize that he was enjoying such a long winning streak. I understand that you don't want to stop it just to heat up this feud.

Frisby's Foundation For Fitness' t-shirts with @John Lions graphic are so cool, that peak in sales is understandable. The result was perfect with Welsh Dragon retaining and Frisby's clients banned from ringside. The only negative point was the match rating, but the match was well placed and it didn't affect the show rating and in diary terms the match was interesting.

I thought Silva wouldn't need help to beat Red Dragon, so I think Red Dragon was booked strong. We will see if he continues this trend or he's there just to put others over.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Nice card. A big win for Dangermouth, with Byron having an out in being suited and unprepared, while his son had more good character development in defeat. I was rooting for Frisby just because he's such a great character but, based on the comment about his lack in in-ring ability, it seems the right man won. Likewise, Manchester getting a big show win to bounce back from his title match losses made sense. I'm intrigued to see over the next few shows if Mallory is over enough for the title feud yet, and what direction you go down instead if not.

• Like 1