NWF: Disrupting The Market

WrestleWorld GB & NWF Present:

WrestleWorldGB.jpg.d55386dbf4d75f648dc5a15fdb661e1e.jpg NWF.jpg.8d5fac0390e1f191d571b11829637b05.jpg

NWF National Wrestling

Episode #7

Wednesday W4 November 2020

Show Rating: 54

NWF.jpg.22bf44af95ec4af8317a9f2eb78caabe.jpg

JackieGoldstein.jpg.6dc017fb7d5c3aee032b999e945c19e2.jpg MelanieFlorence.jpg.19e9c46f6f7dc037d5aeadab1e60b973.jpg

Your Announce Team: Jackie Goldstein & Melanie Florence

Jackie Goldstein: “Hello and welcome back to National Wrestling, once again streaming exclusively on demand at WrestleWorld GB! My name is Jackie Goldstein and, as always, Melanie Florence joins me at ringside.”

Melanie Florence: “Thanks Jackie, what a show we have in store tonight! We have the highly anticipated in-ring debut of Olympic medalist Stuart Wilson, and of course Bret Heartbreak will be in action as he faces off against “The Springbok” Landon Mallory!”

Jackie Goldstein: “Number One Contenders for the NWF British Tag Team Championship The Northern Lights are in action in tonights Main Event, as they face the team of Jon Michael Sharp & Martin Heath. But before all that, here comes the NWF Commissioner Leo “The Lion” Price!”

LeoPrice.jpg.b57804136798a4dfc5ad879ce00f9385.jpg

The show opened with Leo Price making his way to the ring. “The Lion” did not look in a good mood, which prompted Melanie Florence to question whether the disciplinary meeting had gone against him.

Leo Price: “I’m sure everyone wants to know what the outcome of last weeks disciplinary meeting was, so I’ll get right to the point…”

Before Leo Price could get to the point though, he was interrupted by the music of the NWF British Heavyweight Champion Edison Silva. Silva and his legal representative Mo Adebola walked out from the back, and Adebola already had a microphone in hand.

EdisonSilva.jpg.48da8149a54cd42c554e35351abed354.jpg MoAdebola.jpg.e0aa91ffa732eed0b1d23f65090512f7.jpg

Mo Adebola: “Sorry to interrupt Leo, but I didn’t want to miss out on this moment. After I was the one who made it happen.”

The crowd boo as Mo Adebola and Edison Silva step into the ring.

Mo Adebola: “It could all have been so different Leo. I told you during our contract negotiations that I could be your best friend, or your worst enemy! But you didn’t listen, and that’s what cost you your job!”

The crowd boos louden, as Jackie Goldstein gasps on commentary. Once the boos have settled down, Leo Price raised his microphone to his lips.

Leo Price: “You’re right of course Mo. I received the letter too, and as of this morning I am no longer Commissioner of the NWF But….” Price pauses, before raising his voice to be heard over the renewed boos. “But! There are two things you seem to have missed Mo.”

Mo smirked and told Price he never misses anything.

Leo Price: “Well you seem to have missed that the date my suspension started was today… which my lawyer assures me means that Nate Manchester still has his rematch for the NWF British Heavyweight Championship at ‘Last Orders’!”

The crowd pop as Mo Adebola’s eyes widened. The lawyer hastily pulled a piece of paper from his suit pocket and frantically began reading, as his client barked questions in his ear. Mo’s expression was murderous as he lifted his eyes from the page.

Mo Adebola: “It appears that in my excitement that particular detail eluded me… but no matter, I’m sure we can arrange for that… minor quibble to be rectified.”

Adebola stared Leo Price up and down as “The Lion” smirked back at the lawyer. Adebola motioned to his client to leave, before hesitating and turning back.

Mo Adebola: “Wait, you said there were two things I’d missed?”

Leo Price grinned before responding: “I did, didn’t I? Well as you were so excited to announce to all of these people, as of this morning I am no longer Commissioner of the NWF. Which means that I can do this…”

In an act of surprising agility for a man of his age, “The Lion” leapt into life and landed a huge Clothesline on Edison Silva! The crowd roared their approval as the NWF British Heavyweight champion crashed to the mat. The ex-commissioner hauled the champion back to his feet, and nailed a Price Drop to the delight of the crowd! Mo Adebola screamed at Leo Price, but immediately backed off once “The Lion” turned to stare down the lawyer. Price left the ring and soaked up the applause of the crowd as he made his way to the back.

On commentary, Jackie Goldstein was giddy with excitement at what we had just seen! Melanie Florence however warned that Leo Price may live to regret that…

Rating: 59

LeightonBuzzard.jpg.0f042d89409d150a339a60ab4aca3f86.jpgvs.jpg.b5e3c921e9a019012ced1047028ff610.jpgRhysVali.jpg.5da2dc920dccf37bb7c50cbbc76a5e3c.jpg

Leighton Buzzard VS Rhys Vali

Leighton Buzzard came into this match on the back of a brilliant performance in last weeks’ main event, where he came up just short against the NWF British Heavyweight champion Edison Silva. That performance seemed to have given Leighton the boost he needed to kick on to the next level as he put in another great performance here against Rhys Vali. Buzzard seemed a step ahead of his opponent the whole match, culminating in him landing his Buzz Off (Diving Tornado DDT from the second rope) to secure his first singles victory in the NWF.

Rating: 45

LeoPrice.jpg.b57804136798a4dfc5ad879ce00f9385.jpg

We cut to the back and find Leo Price being led out by security. “The Lion” was following the security guard willingly, but came to a halt as Nate Manchester stepped into frame.

NateManchester.jpg.7830695a1092e833956e76f9486db65b.jpg

Nate Manchester: “Ah lad… I’m sorry for all o’ this. I feel terrible…”

Leo Price just grinned at his former tag team partner.

Leo Price: “Don’t be stupid Nate, that’s the best I’ve felt in two years! We both knew I wasn’t cut out for the corporate life anyway.”

Nate Manchester: “What’s going to happen, will they let you come back?”

Leo Price: “I’ve just got off the phone with my lawyer. They’ve suspended me for a month. Adebola obviously pushed for more, but as I’m no longer commissioner there’s only so much they can do…”

Nate Manchester: “Leo I…”

Leo Price (cutting across Nate): “And now that I’m no longer commissioner I can finally say – make sure you beat that smarmy prick at ‘Last Orders’, won’t ya? I’ve had just about enough of Edison Silva and his ‘legal representative.”

Nate Manchester just laughed: “Whey aye man!”

The two former teammates shook hands, before Leo Price allowed himself to be led out of the building by security.

Rating: 54

CainCarlile.jpg.58fcb44066d593af811dfdb7d564b482.jpgvs.jpg.b5e3c921e9a019012ced1047028ff610.jpgJKLee.jpg.ad93e10a2a6ac8551197501f6ebf2fee.jpg

“Captain Crash” Cain Carlile VS “The Bulldog” JK Lee

#1 Contenders Match for the NWF Cruiserweight Championship

JK Lee came into this match looking thoroughly pissed off. He clearly believe he should already be number one contender for Welsh Dragon’s title, having picked up a tag team victory over the Welshman’s team last week. The fact that the victory was secured against Bali Daljit rather than Welsh Dragon must have counted against JK Lee’s case.

Cain Carlile approached this match the same way he did every match, by repeatedly throwing his body at his opponent. “Captain Crash” had his moments, scoring a near fall with a combination of a Handspring Elbow into the turnbuckle followed by a Leg-Drop Bulldog. However JK Lee presented a different challenge to the high flyers Carlile usually came up against, for the most part, and for the most part was able to use his technical skills to keep his highflying opponent on the mat. Around 10 minutes into the match, “The Bulldog” was able to lock in his Crossface submission in the middle of the ring and Carlile had no choice but to tap out.

Rating: 51

ChuckFrisby.jpg.0fd6c21cff2b626a7f1627bfaae04e91.jpg DwayneDark.jpeg.0e4e286d917a18d86eeecf895aefcd6a.jpeg

Despite being promised that Stuart Wilson would be making his in-ring debut on National Wrestling this week, the former Olympian did not join Chuck Frisby and Dwayne Dark as they made their way down to the ring. Frisby once again barked exercise instructions at random members of the audience, before grabbing a microphone.

Chuck Frisby: “Two weeks ago, I was challenged to prove my credentials as one of the top personal trainers in the country… and I think we can all agree that I did that and more!”

Chuck Frisby pauses for a moment, seemingly wanting to let that sink in.

Chuck Frisby: “But unfortunately, even though we have now established that Frisby’s Foundation for Fitness is endorsed by an Olympic medalist, subscriptions still haven’t increased at the rate I’d have expected… This is a program that literally took a man to Olympic Bronze, and it can be yours for the low, low price of just £9.99 per month!”

There are a few boos from the crowd, but there are definitely less than there were a few weeks ago…

Chuck Frisby: “Now you may be asking: Chuck why would you pass on these secrets to the masses? Surely you could make more money working directly with Olympians? And to those people I say: I am a man with a singular mission. To tackle England’s obesity crisis one person at a time! And the only way I know how to do that is to offer the best training advice in the industry at an affordable monthly price! So, I ask anyone sitting on the fence: Please pay attention to this next match, and let my number one client show you EXACTLY what you can achieve with Frisby’s Foundation for Fitness!”

Dwayne Dark shifted ever so slightly at this, but Frisby was too excitable to notice.

Chuck Frisby: “So without further ado, allow me to introduce: The man known as “The Celtic Hammer”, Olympic Bronze Medalist, the former British national record holder for the Hammer throw… your Olympic hero and mine – Stuart Wilson!”

StuartWilson.jpg.0748b67473406ca9fe5348245cfe0432.jpg

Stuart Wilson’s elaborate theme hit, and the former Olympian jogged out from the back with his Olympic medal hanging around his neck. Chuck Frisby applauded enthusiastically in the ring, and pulled Wilson into a big hug as soon as “The Celtic Hammer” hit the ring. Wilson quickly brushed off his personal trainer, and looked all business as he prepared himself for his first match in the NWF.

Rating: 46

BaliDaljit.jpg.58d71f3107cde072b17fc653aadc4e39.jpgvs.jpg.b5e3c921e9a019012ced1047028ff610.jpgStuartWilson.jpg.0748b67473406ca9fe5348245cfe0432.jpgChuckFrisby.jpg.0fd6c21cff2b626a7f1627bfaae04e91.jpg

Bali Daljit VS “The Celtic Hammer” Stuart Wilson w/ Chuck Frisby

The purpose of this match was to really show off the power of Stuart Wilson. The muscular Heavyweight threw his Lightweight opponent around the ring, with Daljit struggling to raise much of an offense. “The Celtic Hammer” even delighted Chuck Frisby at ringside, as he lifted Daljit overhead. Frisby counted along as Wilson overhead pressed his opponent ten times, before dropping him to the mat with a Gorilla Press Slam. All business, Wilson lifted Daljit over his shoulder and delivered his Bronze Bomber finisher (Running Powerslam) to secure a highly impressive debut win.

Rating: 42

BretHeartbreak.jpg.fe5f602f1dc5d2d5365096d538356e7f.jpg

We cut backstage and once again find Bret Heartbreak leant against a wall engrossed in his phone. The camera panned back to show Byron and Joey Beauchamp stood in the corridor, with Byron mid ‘inspirational speech’ ahead of Bret’s match with Landon Malllory.

Byron.jpg.b598a41cc45ca8bddf058ef339a12ce1.jpg JoeyBeauchamp.jpg.e0a1a0e73b2e9803383435391057a08c.jpg

Byron: “This is a huge opportunity for you Bret. It’s been a tough few weeks, but wrestling is in your blood! I know you can turn it around. Joey and I… are you on your phone again?”

Byron looked furious as he realized his son hadn’t been paying attention to a word he’d been saying. Bret looked up at his father and rolled his eyes.

Bret Heartbreak: “It’s a big match, I get it. Chill out, I’ve got this.”

Bret Heartbreak pushed off the wall and set off towards ringside, leaving an irate Byron shouting after him.

Byron: “You want me to “chill out”? Do you know how many strings I had to pull to get you a job here? Get back here!”

“The Breeze” turned to Byron and asked if he could trust Bret to get the job done. Byron said he’d make sure that he did, by whatever means necessary…

Rating: 44

LandonMallory.jpg.17ef4b530f3e8ca5c91fed864b7310b7.jpgvs.jpg.b5e3c921e9a019012ced1047028ff610.jpgBretHeartbreak.jpg.fe5f602f1dc5d2d5365096d538356e7f.jpg

“The Springbok” Landon Mallory VS Bret Heartbreak

During his time in the NWF, “The Springbok” has largely overwhelmed opponents with his impressive Brawling skills. However, Bret Heartbreak once again showed he was more than comfortable in this environment. These two put on a great back and forth contest, with the momentum of the match continually switching between the two competitors. Around the five-minute mark, Byron appeared from the back and made his way down to ringside. This seemed to have the opposite impact than intended, as it was Bret who was distracted by his fathers’ appearance, and “The Springbok” was able to take control of the match.

However, Byron was able to redeem himself as Landon Mallory looked to set up his Springbok Ram (Gore). Mallory squatted in the corner, sizing his opponent up, but Byron grabbed onto the South African’s foot which distracted Mallory long enough for his son to recover and land a forearm shot from behind on the distracted Springbok. Heartbreak now had the momentum, and looked like he was about to secure a huge victory when Dangermouth came flying out from the back.

Byron didn’t see the grime star coming, and was caught with a big shot from behind. Dangermouth grabbed the veteran and sent him slamming into the steel steps at ringside. The grime star backed away from the ring with a mischievous grin on his face. The attack on his father had distracted Bret Heartbreak, who was yelling after Dangermouth as he made his way to the back. Heartbreak didn’t go after Dangermouth, instead turning back to the ring… right into a Springbok Ram (Gore)! Landon Mallory made the cover and picked up a hard fought victory.

Rating: 47

LandonMallory.jpg.17ef4b530f3e8ca5c91fed864b7310b7.jpg JoeyBeauchamp.jpg.e0a1a0e73b2e9803383435391057a08c.jpg Dangermouth.jpg.015afde31faaded9436c94020f74726b.jpg

A weary Landon Mallory climbed the turnbuckle to celebrate with the fans. Unfortunately for the South African, he had chosen to climb the far turnbuckle from the entrance ramp so didn’t see Joey Beauchamp appearing from the back and sliding into the ring behind him. “The Breeze” slid into the ring and landed a right hand to the back of “The Springbok”. However before Beauchamp could continue his beat down, Dangermouth once again came flying out from the back. Seeing Dangermouth coming, “The Breeze” decided to give up on his prey and retreat.

Beauchamp helped Byron and Bret Heartbreak to their feet, and the trio slowly made their way to the back as they shouted back at the ring. Dangermouth helped “The Springbok” back to his feet, and the pair celebrated with the fans.

Rating: 52

JonMichaelSharp.jpg.29fc0f3b443b78fc3ec5986e7e88d271.jpgMartinHeath.jpg.d0b4d3d4c80de8a96d80313978e68fef.jpgvs.jpg.b5e3c921e9a019012ced1047028ff610.jpgAltonVicious.jpg.7b5b889371cef99d777b3a558ba5725e.jpgRiddickJordan.jpg.a6f0c8c5797c27cc7be6f5f7e8006e13.jpg

Sharp & Heath (Jon Michael Sharp & Martin Heath) VS The Northern Lights (Alton Vicious & Riddick Jordan)

The main event for the evening saw two of the UK’s top tag teams face off, with The Northern Lights looking for a momentum boosting win after being named number one contenders for Future X’s British Tag Team titles last week. Sharp & Heath did not make things easy for the number one contenders though, utilizing frequent tags to keep their opponents off balance and maintain control of the tempo of the match.

Sharp & Heath maintained control until Sharp went for a Flying Cross Body on Alton Vicious, but the Light Heavyweight was able to catch Sharp out of the air and Body Slam him to the mat. From here Sharp wasn’t able to make it back to his corner, and The Northern Lights were able to set up for their Lights Out (Doomsday Device) finisher to pick up the victory.

Rating: 53

Melanie Florence: “A huge main event victory for The Northern Lights! Future X have got to be getting nervous ahead of their title match at ‘Last Orders’.”

Jackie Goldstein: “We now know our three title matches for ‘Last Orders’! JK Lee will now face Welsh Dragon for the NWF Cruiserweight Title, and of course it was confirmed earlier tonight that Nate Manchester will challenge Edison Silva for the NWF British Heavyweight Championship!”

Melanie Florence: “That is if Mo Adebola doesn’t have something to say about it!”

Jackie Goldstein: “Be sure to join us next week exclusively on WrestleWorld GB to find out! Thank you for joining us, and goodnight!”

• Like 6

I really liked the payoff to the Price-Adebola angle: it went against my expectations that he'd cling onto the role due to being fairly new to it, and he got some payback in a more unexpected way that may set him up for a title shot post-suspension. I liked how the Dangermouth/Heartbreak and Mallory/Beauchamp stories overlapped. Last Orders seems to be coming together nicely.

• Like 1

TEW is way too rigid for it, but a Price/Manchester vs Silva/Adebola match would be excellent. I'm not super familiar with how far into decline he is, but is Price able to be talked back into working as an occasional wrestler at least?

Again want to echo the sentiments that have been said before. The storyline with your Heavyweight title is excellent, and is doing a lot to make up for the deceptively thin roster you're currently working with.

Also, I realized as I was reading the show that I predicted as if Landon was facing Byron, not Bret. D'oh!

Edited by John Lions
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, 619 said:

I really liked the payoff to the Price-Adebola angle: it went against my expectations that he'd cling onto the role due to being fairly new to it, and he got some payback in a more unexpected way that may set him up for a title shot post-suspension. I liked how the Dangermouth/Heartbreak and Mallory/Beauchamp stories overlapped. Last Orders seems to be coming together nicely.

Thanks for the feedback as always @619! I'm glad you enjoyed the Price/Adebola interaction, it's been what the show has been built around for the first couple of months of TV. Unfortunately Price isn't interested in coming out of retirement for one last run, which is a shame as he would fill a big hole I've got in my Main Event scene haha.

8 hours ago, John Lions said:

TEW is way too rigid for it, but a Price/Manchester vs Silva/Adebola match would be excellent. I'm not super familiar with how far into decline he is, but is Price able to be talked back into working as an occasional wrestler at least?

Again want to echo the sentiments that have been said before. The storyline with your Heavyweight title is excellent, and is doing a lot to make up for the deceptively thin roster you're currently working with.

Also, I realized as I was reading the show that I predicted as if Landon was facing Byron, not Bret. D'oh!

Thanks @John Lions. The tag match would be a fun one to book, either with Price finally getting his hands on Adebola, or the lawyer finding a way to squirm away again! Like I said above, I've just tried to talk Price out of retirement and he wasn't having any of it.

Thank you! I do like working with smaller rosters, but the roster is definitely thin. I'm probably 4 upper card guys short atm, but that's just due to the lack of talent available in the UK right now. I think it starts to show a bit more after 'Last Orders' as I start to move storylines around. There are a couple of really interesting options that have become available post 'Last Orders' in game, but both would be expensive and I am already losing money every month with production costs. It's definitely something I'm mulling over though.

I did notice that. Assuming Landon can get through Beauchamp, Landon vs Byron is definitely a feud I've got an eye on in the future. This win over Bret could provide the spark...

• Like 1

Thank you to everyone who commented, predicted and reacted to the latest show! It's always good to get feedback on what people think is/isn't working.

Another high scoring round this week. Congratulations to @KyTeran, @azzak and @newbiezness for getting full marks! Good luck to everyone for the go home show!

Prediction Results for Episode 7

KyTeran 5/5

azzak 5/5

newbiezness 5/5

HiPlus 4/5

John Lions 4/5

Combined Prediction Results

newbiezness 15/15

azzak 15/15

John Lions 14/15

KyTeran 14/15

smw88 9/10

HiPlus 4/5

Predictions for NWF National Wrestling Episode 8

Cain Carlile vs Stuart Wilson w/ Chuck Frisby

Bali Daljit vs JK Lee

Non-Title Contest: Welsh Dragon vs Rhys Vali

Landon Mallory vs ???

Future X & Nate Manchester vs The Northern Lights & Edison Silva w/ Mo Adebola

• Like 2

Cain Carlile vs Stuart Wilson w/ Chuck Frisby
#ChuckStrong

Bali Daljit vs JK Lee
Lee has a big title match coming up, and he's going to beat the man he pinned in tag action, a win that he surely felt should have earned him the title match without needing to fight Cain Carlisle last week.

Non-Title Contest: Welsh Dragon vs Rhys Vali
Rhys Vali is Cain without the upside and age on his side. Showcase for Welsh Dragon

Landon Mallory vs ???
This could completely backfire, but I'm taking a shot in the dark. SURE, it could just be a squash match for Landon, but you have 3 other squash matches on the card, and you didn't ??? those guys out. I'm calling that the ??? is BYRON, and he's going to get some revenge for his son with the help of Breeze. The end game is him getting the win over Beauchamp, but a loss here heats things up a bit and can get Landon mixed up with Dangermouth and the Heartbreaks.

Future X & Nate Manchester vs The Northern Lights & Edison Silva w/ Mo Adebola
Tough to say. I'm leaning towards the babyfaces, purely because I don't think Edison Silva loses in his first defense, so losing the trios and title rematch would put your #1 babyface pretty far on the back foot. Thinking about it realistically, your roster is so thin at the top, and since Nate Manchester isn't champ, I think he needs to win every match he's in to make sure the fans know he's "the guy", even if he's not holding the strap.

• Like 1

WrestleWorldGB.jpg.7461bca770692a51e56d3779ba235f4a.jpg NWF.jpg.1f95b226f5333b0368b92324a44eb064.jpg

NWF National Wrestling

Episode #8

Wednesday W1 December 2020

Show Rating: 54

NWF.jpg.57f9592f9f9530a1c2a36ee9a9145249.jpg

JackieGoldstein.jpg.9e858a019b607c6ff257322489d5f434.jpg MelanieFlorence.jpg.d0914da36b3b998ed01e0606d3524633.jpg

Jackie Goldstein: “Hello and welcome back to National Wrestling, once again steaming exclusively on demand at WrestleWorld GB. My name is Jackie Goldstein, and joining me at ringside is Melanie Florence.”

Melanie Florence: “We are only four days away from ‘Last Orders’, and we have a titanic Main Event tonight with NWF British Heavyweight Champion Edison Silva teaming up with the #1 contenders for the NWF British Tag Team Titles – The Northern Lights, as they face the tag champions Future X and the #1 contender for Silva’s title – Nate Manchester!”

Jackie Goldstein: “On top of that we have the NWF Cruiserweight Champion Welsh Dragon and his #1 contender JK Lee both in action looking for momentum boosting wins ahead of Sunday!”

Melanie Florence: “And of course Landon Mallory looks to jump through the final hoop in his quest to secure a rematch with Joey Beauchamp! What does “The Breeze” have in-store for “The Springbok” tonight?”

EdisonSilva.jpg.e6e6cc36b8a3db29495f7e8152dc4657.jpg MoAdebola.jpg.18dfcb05622907206296c061af733116.jpg

We open the show with a thoroughly unhappy looking Edison Silva making the way to the ring with his legal representative Mo Adebola. The NWF British Heavyweight champion draped his belt proudly over his shoulder, as Mo Adebola addressed the crowd.

Mo Adebola: “I have spent the past week submitting complaints and counter-complaints to the NWF board, but as of today… nothing! It appears that despite the obvious discrimination shown against my client by the former Commissioner, that the match with Nate Manchester will take place this Sunday.”

The crowd pop at the announcement, much to the annoyance of Mo Adebola.

Mo Adebola: “Not that it matters! Edison Silva beat Nate Manchester at ‘Locked & Loaded’, and Edison Silva will beat Nate Manchester again at ‘Last Orders’. In spite of this company’s blatant disregard for legal precedent, nothing will change the fact that Edison Silva will walk out of ‘Last Orders’ as NWF British Heavyweight champion.”

The crowd boo at the idea of Edison Silva retaining, and in response Silva raised his tile high above his head.

Mo Adebola: “And now that the Leo Price situation has been dealt with, my client can focus back in on what he does best – winning wrestling matches! And that starts tonight in the six-man tag Main Event, where Nate Manchester will get a taste of exactly what is going to happen to him on Sunday!”

Rating: 52

CainCarlile.jpg.c902f062b6dd84557b61b1cb7dbd661c.jpgvs.jpg.f7733424f450b7f04335d13ac775d053.jpgStuartWilson.jpg.d563c94d68db696a7d080e9a15b1c2b0.jpgChuckFrisby.jpg.9aff1bd349e9c51370bcedf1718ab44f.jpg

“Captain Crash” Cain Carlile VS “The Celtic Hammer” Stuart Wilson w/ Chuck Frisby

Another hugely impressive performance from Stuart Wilson here. Cain Carlile repeatedly threw himself at the Olympic Bronze Medalist, but this seemed to have little impact on his Heavyweight opponent. Chuck Frisby barked exercise instructions at various members of the audience, even trying to get the entire front row to join him in doing tricep dips on their chairs as he proclaimed himself “Your Olympic Coach”. Unfortunately very few of the front row took Frisby up on his offer.

Back in the ring, Stuart Wilson was dominating proceedings having caught an attempted Cross Body from Carlile and delivered a Fallaway Slam. The former Olympian hoisted Carlile above his head, and much to the delight of Frisby at ringside began Overhead Pressing his opponent. Frisby counted along to ten, before Wilson slammed “Captain Crash” to the mat with a Gorilla Press Slam. The Olympic Bronze medalist could probably have picked up the victory there, but he hauled Carlile up onto his shoulders and delivered his Bronze Bomber (Running Powerslam) to add an exclamation point to the victory.

Rating: 42

BaliDaljit.jpg.d96c67bf5618501934bbae7d6ecb76fa.jpgvs.jpg.f7733424f450b7f04335d13ac775d053.jpgJKLee.jpg.08a8910f171717ef25225afc0661f106.jpg

Bali Daljit VS “The Bulldog” JK Lee

JK Lee once again put his technical skills to good use here, as Bali Daljit struggled to adapt to “The Bulldog’s” tenacious, ground based style. On commentary, Jackie Goldstein noted that Lee’s style stood out in a division of high flyers. Melanie Florence added that he would pose a very different threat to anything Welsh Dragon had faced so far for his Cruiserweight title.

JK Lee was able to stop Bali Daljit from ever getting going. Therefore, it was no surprise when “The Bulldog” was able to maneuver himself into a position to lock in his Crossface submission. Daljit struggled against the hold, but just like two weeks ago he had no choice but to tap.

Rating: 48

Melanie Florence jumped out of her seat with excitement as Byron’s music hit. Despite a rough few weeks for Byron and his son, the veteran looked surprisingly chipper as he made his way down to the ring.

Byron.jpg.e2cb56c62156f922ee6e3a1d28c22063.jpg

Byron: “Last week, I was the victim of a cowardly, underhanded assault! Darius Moss jumped me from behind as I was focused on my sons match. A classless move from a classless individual…”

The crowd booed Byron, but Melanie Florence immediately jumped to the former 10-time World Champions defence. Byron HAD been attacked from behind last week, but (as Jackie Goldstein pointed out) he had also prevented Landon Mallory from hitting his Springbok Ram only moments before.

Byron: “I’ve been in this business a long time, and I will not stand for someone interfering in the outcome of a match in the way Mr. Moss did last week. So… Darius - If you want a fight, why don’t we do it face to face this week? You want to go, let’s go right now!”

The crowd popped at the thought of Dangermouth answering the challenge, but after a few moments it became clear that the grime star wasn’t coming.

Byron: “Just as I thought. You’re a coward Mr. Moss! You’ll attack me from behind, but when I call you out man to man you’re nowhere to be seen! People like you make me sick! Well… if you’re not man enough to face me tonight, then perhaps you’ll find some time in your busy schedule to face me at ‘Last Orders’?

Byron laughed to himself as he dropped the microphone and headed to the back. Melanie Florence berated Dangermouth on commentary, claiming that he was disrespecting these fans by not being here tonight! Jackie Goldstein cut across her and reminded Melanie that Dangermouth was attending the UKB 2020 Music Awards show tonight where his latest album was nominated for best Grime album… as Byron well knew!

Rating: 31

WelshDragon.jpg.3267efe33a06a7131469fdaa490a9990.jpgvs.jpg.f7733424f450b7f04335d13ac775d053.jpgRhysVali.jpg.34957329a7d54f14f0bef245188cb8cc.jpg

Welsh Dragon VS Rhys Vali

After missing last weeks show, the Cruiserweight champion was back with a bang in this non-title bout. Welsh Dragon flew around the ring at breakneck speed, showing off his repertoire of highflying moves. Welsh Dragon worked through the gears and was able to land his Dragon Kick to secure an impressive victory ahead of his title defence at ‘Last Orders’.

Rating: 45

Joey Beauchamp’s music hit and “The Breeze” slowly made his way down to the ring, seemingly in no rush. On commentary, Jakie Goldstein & Melanie Florence speculated what the final challenge “The Breeze” would be putting in front of Landon Mallory would be.

JoeyBeauchamp.jpg.fe80b3336247a6c943dad417f7ed32cb.jpg

Joey Beauchamp: “Landon, I’m sure you’ve spent the past week wondering what, or rather who, your final challenge will be against tonight. So why don’t you get down here so we can get this started?”

LandonMallory.jpg.e5e45a600844da0e3e98b3b8eda309c9.jpg

Landon Mallory didn’t need asking twice, as “The Springbok’s” music hit and the South African came sprinting down to the ring. Mallory slid into the ring, and “The Breeze” was careful to maintain a safe distance between the pair.

Joey Beauchamp: “I have to say I’ve been impressed Landon. You’ve dealt with my challenges quite well… even if you did need a bit of an assist last week. So let’s not waste any time here and introduce you to your final challenge. All I’ll tell you is he’s an old friend…”

Mallory turned to the entrance ramp and began signaling for his mystery opponent to show himself. Behind the South African, we see the bulky figure of Bruiser slide into the ring with chair in hand. Before Mallory could work out what was going on, Bruiser delivered a chair shot to the back of “The Springbok” that sent the South African collapsing to the mat. The Light Heavyweight delivered a second chair shot, and a third. “The Breeze” simply grinned as he leaned against the turnbuckle, and watched his plan coming together.

Referee Roy Worrall was finally able to get the chair out of Bruisers hands, and call medics down to the rung to assess Mallory. The South African looked in bad shape and after a short assessment; the medical staff hauled Mallory to his feet and began to help him to the back... before Beauchamp called after him.

Joey Beauchamp: “Where do you think you’re going Landon? You’re not going to fall at the final hurdle are you? If you want your rematch at ‘Last Orders’ you need to beat my friend here, and you need to beat him right now! So… how bad do you want it?”

A very stiff looking Landon Mallory tried to push the medical staff away, but immediately fell to one knee. The doctors begged Mallory not to go back, but “The Springbok” was determined and slowly pulled himself up the ringsteps and back into the ring. Referee Roy Worrall looked unsure what to do, but “The Springbok” barked at him to “ring the bell”.

Rating: 50

LandonMallory.jpg.e5e45a600844da0e3e98b3b8eda309c9.jpgvs.jpg.f7733424f450b7f04335d13ac775d053.jpgBruiser.jpg.b4c0c2120b4147224cec3a7f31f452d9.jpg

“The Springbok” Landon Mallory VS Bruiser

Even without chair in hand, Bruiser was still a hulk of a man. 6’5 and 290 pounds, he outweighed “The Springbok” by a good 40 pounds. Landon Mallory wad struggling to even stand in the early parts of the match, as Bruiser continued to land clubbing blows to the back of “The Springbok”. Bruiser continued to use his size advantage to back Mallory into a turnbuckle, and deliver a series of Shoulder Tackles. Mallory struggled to raise any sort of offence, and looked done for when Bruiser went for his Gutwrench Powerbomb. Roy Worral counted 1… 2… NO! Mallory kicked out just before the three!

Beauchamp was livid at ringside, and Bruiser immediately got in the referees face in the ring as he backed Roy Worrall into a corner. The Light Heavyweight towered over the Worrall as he demanded to know how that wasn’t three. Bruiser even grabbed the referees shirt, before he was finally talked into calming down by “The Breeze” at ringside. Bruiser reluctantly turned back to the match… right into a Springbok Ram (Gore)! Mallory crawled painfully into the cover, and Roy Worrall counted an (admittedly slightly fast) three.

Landon Mallory had earned his rematch at ‘Last Orders’ but, as the medical staff returned to the ring to assess the South African, Jackie Goldstein asked whether Mallory would even be fit to compete in four days’ time?

Rating: 39

StuartWilson.jpg.d563c94d68db696a7d080e9a15b1c2b0.jpg ChuckFrisby.jpg.9aff1bd349e9c51370bcedf1718ab44f.jpg DwayneDark.jpeg.afc89a1d4f94f386224b32f938c3ce30.jpeg

We cut backstage to a warm up area, where Chuck Frisby was pacing up and down as he talked at Stuart Wilson and Dwayne Dark.

Chuck Frisby: “Things have been going great since Stuart joined the team. We’re undefeated in matches, subscriptions to Frisby’s Foundation for Fitness are up… but we’ve got to keep the PR drive going!”

Frisby was emphasising every point by hitting his hand, but Wilson and Dark only seemed to be half listening to the personal trainer. Wilson was using an exercise band to loosen up his shoulders, and Dark was doing crunches with a medicine ball.

Chuck Frisby: “The way I see it, the more eyes we get on the product, and by that I mean you two, the better! So I’ve pulled a few strings and I’ve secured a tag match for the two of you at ‘Last Orders’!”

Wilson and Dark both stopped what they were doing to stare at each other, neither looking happy at the prospect of teaming together. The stare down continued, with neither man seemingly wanting to blink first. Frisby let the moment hang, before continuing awkwardly.

Chuck Frisby: “So… let’s keep that momentum going, and together we can solve England’s obesity crisis one new client at a time!”

PeteyBarnes.jpg.9f934a0e1f16e89a18ca99d1c792d665.jpgEricFuture.jpg.ad90a8edbacb5b5fce068b0ddb721f94.jpgNateManchester.jpg.b150082cf5352f3226daaff3af04f4f3.jpgvs.jpg.f7733424f450b7f04335d13ac775d053.jpgAltonVicious.jpg.f6a9dde62ef2baadb2c78110f503be5d.jpgRiddickJordan.jpg.9014f812bdea08e4df0b31c8433a124e.jpgEdisonSilva.jpg.e6e6cc36b8a3db29495f7e8152dc4657.jpgMoAdebola.jpg.18dfcb05622907206296c061af733116.jpg

Future X & Nate Manchester VS The Northern Lights & Edison Silva w/ Mo Adebola

The Main Event for the evening had a big match feel as all the participants from the NWF British Tag Team and NWF British Heavyweight Championship matches teamed in this six-man tag. The two tag teams did the majority of the heavy lifting in this one, and The Northern Lights showed they certainly weren’t going to be pushovers this Sunday. The power of the number one contenders saw them take the upper hand, and forced Nate Manchester into the match.

With his ribs now fully recovered from ‘Locked and Loaded’, Nate Manchester flew around the ring and forced Alton Vicious to tag Edison Silva into the match for the first time. Silva immediately looked to target the ribs as he had done at ‘Locked and Loaded’, but with Manchester’s ribs now fully recovered this proved a lot less effective. “The Real Angel Of The North” was able to soak up the pressure from the champion, and return with some of his own. Silva seemed to have no response to Manchester’s flurry of strikes, and the champion looked on the ropes when the number one contender nailed him with a Roundhouse Kick that sent Silva stumbling back to his corner. Silva immediately tagged himself out of the match and, holding his jaw, slid out of the ring. After a quick conversation with his legal advisor, Edison Silva grabbed his belt from the ringside area and began walking to the back.

In the ring, both Nate Manchester and Riddick Jordan called after Silva telling him to get back to the ring. However the champion continued to the back, leaving his team a man down. Alton Vicious and Riddick Jordan fought valiantly, but the numbers game just proved too much for them. The man advantage saw Future X and Nate Manchester wear their opponents down, and it was “The Real Angel Of The North” who hit his Manc-Sault to secure the go-home victory heading into ‘Last Orders’.

Rating: 57

Jackie Goldstein: “A huge victory for Nate Manchester and Future X just four days ahead of title matches at ‘Last Orders’! The Northern Lights must be furious at Edison Silva and Mo Adebola for abandoning them half way through the match!”

Melanie Florence: “Silva has a title to defend in four days, he did what he needed to do to make sure that come next week he still has that NWF British Heavyweight Championship around his waist! He should never have been made to compete this close to a title defence in the first place Jackie…”

Jackie Goldstein: “Be sure to join us this Sunday at ‘Last Orders’ to see both of those title matches, and a lot more! Welsh Dragon defends the NWF Cruiserweight Championship against JK Lee, and earlier tonight we saw “The Springbok” Landon Mallory finally earn his rematch against Joey Beauchamp!”

Melanie Florence: “That is if he can even wrestle this Sunday! He could barely move after his match! One man who will be wrestling this Sunday is Byron, who will finally beat some respect into Dangermouth… and I can’t wait to see it!”

Jackie Goldstein: “For all of that and more, be sure to join us this Sunday at 8PM for ‘Last Orders’. Streaming live and on demand exclusively here on WrestleWorld GB!”

• Like 6

This brought the Last Orders card together nicely: tying Dangermouth's out-of-wrestling fame into a heel-calling-out-a-babyface-he-knows-isn't-there angle worked really well, Landon Mallory survived to get his rematch with Joey Beauchamp and all the title matches got a strong spotlight.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 619 said:

This brought the Last Orders card together nicely: tying Dangermouth's out-of-wrestling fame into a heel-calling-out-a-babyface-he-knows-isn't-there angle worked really well, Landon Mallory survived to get his rematch with Joey Beauchamp and all the title matches got a strong spotlight.

Thanks @619! Glad you enjoyed the Byron promo. I think he's such a fun character, who I have lots of ideas for. I just wish he scored better in game! 

On 11/8/2023 at 2:45 AM, John Lions said:

Landon Mallory vs ???
This could completely backfire, but I'm taking a shot in the dark. SURE, it could just be a squash match for Landon, but you have 3 other squash matches on the card, and you didn't ??? those guys out. I'm calling that the ??? is BYRON, and he's going to get some revenge for his son with the help of Breeze. The end game is him getting the win over Beauchamp, but a loss here heats things up a bit and can get Landon mixed up with Dangermouth and the Heartbreaks.

I think the logic here was sound, and looking back at the card it was very squash heavy. I had a lot of guys I felt needed a win before 'Last Orders', which resulted in a very one sided card for the go home show. Definitely something I'll have to keep an eye on going forwards. 

My idea with the Mallory match was that the pre-match attach would both add some stakes for this match, but also longer term provide some doubt for the match at 'Last Orders' as Mallory won't be going in at 100%.

• Like 1

Thank you again to everyone who commented, predicted and reacted to the go home show. It's always good to hear your feedback!

Well done to @KyTeran and @azzak for getting full marks on Episode 8 of National Wrestling! 'Last Orders' is the final show in this round of the prediction contest. Since this round is so close, I have included a tiebreaker question in case of a tie. 

Prediction Results for Episode 8

KyTeran 5/5

azzak 5/5

newbiezness 4/5

John Lions 4/5

HiPlus 3/5

smw88 2/5

Combined Prediction Results

azzak 20/20

newbiezness 19/20

KyTeran 19/20

John Lions 18/20

smw88 11/15

HiPlus 7/10

LastOrdersPoster.thumb.jpg.3a5ee91acb44c129cb9c4187d7068888.jpg

Predictions for NWF Last Orders

NWF British Tag Team Championship: Future X (C) vs The Northern Lights

NWF Cruiserweight Championship: Welsh Dragon (C) vs JK Lee

??? vs Frisby's Foundation for Fitness (Stuart Wilson & Dwayne Dark)

Dangermouth vs Byron

Landon Mallory vs Joey Beauchamp

NWF Bristish Heavyweight Championship: Nate Manchester vs Edison Silva (C) w/ Mo Adebola

Tiebreaker: What will the three top rated matches be (in order):

(optional) Bonus Question: Who has your favourite wrestler been in the diary so far?

• Like 1

Clearly I remain bad at predictions!

The Northern Lights

Welsh Dragon (C)

Frisby's Foundation for Fitness (Stuart Wilson & Dwayne 

Dangermouth

Joey Beauchamp

Edison Silva (C) w/ Mo Adebola

1. Heavyweight title

2. Tag title

3. My boy wilson

(optional) Bonus Question: Who has your favourite wrestler been in the diary so far?

Has to be me... not at all bias lol

Edited by smw88
  • Like 1

Nate Manchester & Future X surprised me by winning the trios match, but if The Northern Lights win this match I'd be even more surprised.

I think it's too early for Welsh Dragon to lose the title and he is a good Cruiserweight champion.

Have no idea who could this tag team be, but I think Frisby and his clients will fail somehow.

Dangermouth vs Byron

I think Dangermouth needs a win here.

I see Landon as next challenger to Edison Silva, although it could end in a win for Beauchamp to set the table for a rematch.

NWF Bristish Heavyweight Championship: Nate Manchester vs Edison Silva (C) w/ Mo Adebola

Edison Silva all the way.

1. Nate Manchester vs Edison Silva

2. Landon Mallory vs Joey Beauchamp

3. Future X vs The Northern Lights

(optional) Bonus Question: Who has your favourite wrestler been in the diary so far?

Hard to pick one. I think Frisby has to be considered more a manager than a wrestler, so I'll leave him out of the question. Let's say Landon Mallory.

• Like 1

Dangermouth vs Byron

1. Nate Manchester vs Edison Silva

2. Future X vs The Northern Lights

3. Landon Mallory vs Joey Beauchamp

Chuck Frisby, his fitness instructor gimmick has been a fun read whenever he shows up.

• Like 1

As much as I love The Northern Lights, I don't think a champ generally loses their first big defense, especially in the first reign of that title's history.

Similar logic to the Future X and Edison Silva matches, though this one is possible? A midcard singles belt, especially one like a Cruiserweight belt, is totally one that can be passed around among competitors as long as the matches are high quality. Sticking with my gut though.

#ChuckStrong. I think you can let the tension storyline between Dark and Wilson/Chuck marinate a bit more - they would be a great tag title contender for a PPV cycle IMO. 

Dangermouth vs Byron
Could see this going either way, but I think strapping the rocket to Dangermouth and see if he can hang at the top of the card.

I don't see Breeze going 2-0 up, especially when you could really use some more upper card faces with credibility. A good short storyline to introduce Landon to the UK and reintroduce Beauchamp.

I can't see Silva dropping the top title in his first defense to the guy he beat for it originally. The story has been great leading up to the rematch, but unfortunately the match feels like a bit of a foregone conclusion? Not sure how else you could book it though, there's no one else really qualified to challenge for this title, and you can't hot potato your top title around in it's first defense.

1. Nate Manchester vs Edison Silva - your two top stars by far in a heated rematch

2. Welsh Dragon vs JK Lee - Two great performers, JK Lee especially. A styles clash that should be a great match.

3. Future X vs The Northern Lights - It could be the Frisby tag match if the ??? are a big name team, and it could be Landon and Joey (the big charismatic brawler babyfaces usually get a lot better match ratings when they are winning), but I'm trusting Alton and Riddick.

Tough one - I think the characters I've enjoyed the most (Frisby, Adebola, Price) are all non-wrestlers. Of the active wrestlers, I really don't think I have any "favorites" from within the diary, just from outside of it. As of right now I'd say I'm most interested in Dangermouth and the Heartbreaks, and the direction their storyline ends up going. Does Bret break away from his dad and join up with Dangermouth? A grim star and a future influencer. Byron wishes he was born 20 years earlier...

• Like 2

LastOrdersPoster.thumb.jpg.751a66d79ca1283df1a6cde89eed98cc.jpg

Last Orders

Sunday W1 December 2020

Show Rating: 57

Attendance: 521

NWF.jpg.128f0335f337ad90773b029b1c5d8784.jpg

JackieGoldstein.jpg.c419ab95fb89aa531b944774bd138538.jpg MelanieFlorence.jpg.bfd9c9b77412b64907c7998d67be3c0f.jpg

Jackie Goldstein: “Hello and welcome to ‘Last Orders’, our final special presentation of 2020! We’re streaming exclusively live and on demand at WrestleWorld, and joining me at ringside is Melanie Florence!”

Melanie Florence: “Thanks Jackie, we have three huge title matches for you tonight. Nate Manchester challenges Edison Silva for the NWF British Heavyweight Championship, in a rematch that was his friend Leo Price’s last act as NWF commissioner!”

Jackie Goldstein: “Welsh Dragon defends his Cruiserweight championship against “The Bulldog” JK Lee, but first The Northern Lights challenge Future X for the NWF British Tag Team titles!”

Generic_BritishTag.jpg.0773371cb86698fad48730c481d85b4b.jpgGeneric_BritishTag.jpg.0773371cb86698fad48730c481d85b4b.jpg

PeteyBarnes.jpg.00b2738a7a6ed618fdb654f8123b612a.jpgEricFuture.jpg.8559ec5396079ec72276294d98282de3.jpgvs.jpg.e883b7db364818a13dc7bfb829f418ac.jpgAltonVicious.jpg.a65221041dbcd8218451dc637fd0e998.jpgRiddickJordan.jpg.6f43745e4561690508e1a46810efbcd1.jpg

(C) Future X (Petey Barnes & Eric Future) VS The Northern Lights (Alton Vicious & Riddick Jordan)

NWF British Tag Team Titles

The two previous occasions these two teams have stood across the ring from each other have resulted in two of the top matches in NWF’s short history, so expectations were high for this one.

Future X flew out of the gates, with both Future and Barnes flying around the ring. The Northern Lights struggled to keep up with the champions, until Petey Barnes went for one high flying move too many and leapt straight into a right hand from Alton Vicious. With this, the momentum and the pace of the match changed. The Northern Lights began to dominate proceedings with heavy strikes and throws, keeping Petey Barnes pinned in their corner.

Alton Vicious threw Petey Barnes hard against the turnbuckle, with “The X Factor” leaning against the ropes for support. Backing up, Vicious sprinted across the ring looking to crush Barnes against the turnbuckle… but the high flyer was able to move out of the way at the last moment, sending Vicious crashing headfirst into the turnbuckle!

Sensing his opportunity, Barnes scrambled for the tag. Riddick Jordan quickly tagged himself in, but wasn’t able to get across the ring quickly enough to stop Barnes making the tag. Future hopped over the top rope and sprinted at Riddick Jordan, ducked under an attempted Clothesline and bounced off the ropes. Future bounced back towards Jordan, but The Northern Lights member was able to use Future’s momentum to throw him over the top rope to join Petey Barnes on the outside. Sensing an opportunity, Riddick Jordan shocked the crowd as the Middleweight flew over the top rope into both members of Future X.

Riddick Jordan was first back to his feet, and quickly rolled Eric Future back into the ring. Once Future was in position, Jordan headed for the top rope as he looked for his Diving Headbutt. Jordan flew across the ring, and ate the canvas as Future rolled away at the last moment! With all four men down, it was a question of who would regain their feet first.

Petey Barnes and Alton Vicious both regained their senses on the outside and jumped onto the aprons, encouraging their partners over to make the tag. In the ring, both men were stirring at the same time but Eric Future was closer to his corner. He dived for the tag, and Petey Barnes leapt into the ring and sprinted over to deliver a Dropkick to Alton Vicious just before Jordan could make the tag. An exasperated Jordan ate another Dropkick from Barnes, before the champions set him up for the Future Shock DDT (Aided Double Arm DDT) to secure a hard fought first defence of Future X’s titles.

Rating: 55

As Future X celebrated their title retention in the ring, we cut backstage to a man who the announce team introduced as Frank Frinkleton.

FinkFinkleton.jpg.ca792febbb9767907035cd382f88ae9c.jpg

Frank Finkleton: “My name is Frank Finkleton and after the events of the past couple of months, “The Network” have asked me to come in and oversee things for a while. There’s no need to worry, you’re NWF programming will continue to run as normal. I’m just here to protect “The Network’s” interests, and to prevent any further ‘unpleasantness’ reaching the board.”

Voice off screen: “I’m glad to hear it…”

MoAdebola.jpg.98984fca32635b2f956972e51b99384b.jpg EdisonSilva.jpg.61dc5b8d2bd67ac4c9473c3d11f6a792.jpg

The NWF British Heavyweight Champion Edison Silva, and his legal advisor Mo Adebola, walked into shot. Adebola immediately shook Finkleton’s hand.

Mo Adebola: “Great to see you Frank. It’s about time the network stepped in and brought a bit of respectability to this place. If you’ve got some time, there’s a few ideas I have that I’d love to run by you…”

Frank Finkleton: “Of course Mo, I’ve always got time for an old friend… and our champion, of course!”

Adebola led Finkleton out of shot, with the two deep in conversation. Jackie Goldstein wondered on commentary what network involvement would mean for the NWF going forwards, and worried exactly what ideas Mo Adebola may have for Finkleton on his first day in the job.

Rating: 61

Generic_Cruiserweight.jpeg.13d7c331dfd5a033d9aad0b56a170c5c.jpeg

WelshDragon.jpg.0c8bd400374b72b124d2adae577bb27b.jpgvs.jpg.e883b7db364818a13dc7bfb829f418ac.jpgJKLee.jpg.6bafd29109527370f7f1c7c1c4cfc5dd.jpg

(C) Welsh Dragon VS “The Bulldog” JK Lee

NWF Cruiserweight Championship

This was a real clash of styles, and was far removed from any of the Cruiserweight title matches we had seen to date. Rather than a high flying affair, JK Lee was able to overwhelm the champion and kept the majority of the match up on the mat. Welsh Dragon struggled to escape from the holds and transitions Lee subjected him to, and the champion had a major scare when Lee maneuvered himself into position for his Crossface submission! Luckily for Welsh Dragon fans it was close enough to the ropes that the champion could struggle over and grab the bottom rope, but “The Bulldog” made full use of his five count and Welsh Dragon looked significantly worse for wear when Lee finally released him.

Despite breaking the hold, there was little respite for the champion as “The Bulldog” was right back on top of him. Lee continued to work through his transitions, but Welsh Dragon was finally able to battle back to his feet. The challenger still had the Welshman in a headlock, but the champion threw a series of hard elbows to finally create some separation!

With that the champion kicked into life and began to show off his lucha-libre style. Arm Drags, Drop Toe Holds, Hurricanranas and more Arm Drags were all on display as Welsh Dragon lifted the pace of the match! The champion looked to push home his advantage with a Springboard Arm Drag, but “The Bulldog” was able to reverse the momentum and looked to lock in the Crossface for a second time in another scary moment for the champion. Welsh Dragon struggled frantically and was able to break free before Lee could clasp his hands, and the champion quickly exited the ring under the bottom rope.

After composing himself, Welsh Dragon hopped back onto the apron. Not wanting to give the champion a moments rest, “The Bulldog” tried to attack him on the apron but ran straight into a right hand from Welsh Dragon. The champion followed up with a Springboard Hurricanrana that sent Lee flying across the ring. Off balance, Lee tried to wrestle back the advantage by shooting for a double leg takedown but Welsh Dragon saw it coming and was able to dodge. Lee looked to recover, but turned right into a Dragon Kick. Welsh Dragon fell into the cover, and Roy Worrall counted the three for Welsh Dragon’s second successful title defence.

Frisby’s Foundation for Fitness are out next as Chuck Frisby leads his two clients, Stuart Wilson and Dwayne Dark, to the ring.

StuartWilson.jpg.12b188518fa4bb3d33240f9ccdfdc160.jpg ChuckFrisby.jpg.8fc5dee64db36387c1a047d596e35e5a.jpg DwayneDark.jpeg.33014a6260bfbcc7c54195d91c2ee245.jpeg

Chuck Frisby: “Ladies and gentleman, I am happy to report that subscriptions to the Frisby’s Foundation for Fitness training course are up 50%! It seems that the enlightened amongst you have finally seen the light, and I have to say that the changes in the… erm… composition of the audience are noticeable already!”

The crowd seem entirely unsure on how to react to this – some boo, some laugh, some cheer… one guy even wolf whistles. Not that Frisby’s paying attention.

Chuck Frisby: “And with a record attendance for an NWF event tonight, I wanted to take the opportunity to show any new fans just what can be achieved when you sign up to Frisby’s Foundation for Fitness for the low, low price of just £9.99 a month!”

Frisby beams around at the crowd, seemingly expecting people to start throwing money at him to join the program.

Chuck Frisby: “So, without further ado. Allow me to introduce the two men representing Frisby’s Foundation tonight! First of all, the man to my left. A man who won Bronze at the 2012 London Olympic Games. A man who held the British national Hammer throwing record for over three years! A man whose shoulders are the size of boulders! Allow me to introduce your Olympic Hero, and mine – “The Celtic Hammer” Stuart Wilson!”

The crowd respectfully applaud the former Olympian, but nobody applauds louder than Chuck Frisby.

Chuck Frisby: “And the man to my right. He trained at the National School of Wrestling. He boxes, he wrestles, he deadlifts more than the entire front row combined – Dwayne Dark!”

A less enthusiastic round of applause from the crowd this time, and Dark stared a hole through Frisby for what, it must be admitted, was a much less enthusiastic introduction than the coach had given “The Celtic Hammer”. Again Frisby seemed oblivious, and handed the microphone back to Rachel Dearheart so that she could introduce his teams opponents for this matchup.

GrantTaypen.jpg.2d588edd1197661705b79ff67a484c6b.jpgLeightonBuzzard.jpg.d9f88b07b112ea4418b811b47bdce5a2.jpgvs.jpg.e883b7db364818a13dc7bfb829f418ac.jpgStuartWilson.jpg.12b188518fa4bb3d33240f9ccdfdc160.jpgDwayneDark.jpeg.33014a6260bfbcc7c54195d91c2ee245.jpegChuckFrisby.jpg.8fc5dee64db36387c1a047d596e35e5a.jpg

Grant Taypen & Leighton Buzzard VS Frisby’s Foundation for Fitness (Stuart Wilson & Dwayne Dark) w/ Chuck Frisby

There was a visible size and power difference between the two teams in this match. Stuart Wilson started the match for Frisby’s Foundation for Fitness, and quickly overwhelmed Grant Taypen with a series of powerful throws and strikes. “The Celtic Hammer” then delighted Chuck Frisby at ringside as he hoisted Taypen above his head with ease, overhead pressing his opponent ten times (as Frisby giddily led the front row in a count) before dropping Taypen to the mat with a Gorilla Press Slam.

This seemed to rile up Dwayne Dark at ringside, who immediately demanded to be tagged in. There was a tense staredown for a moment between the two powerhouses, before Wilson relented and tagged Dark into the match. The Ripped Middleweight stomped across the ring and grabbed Taypen, who had been trying to crawl for the tag, by the foot. Dark immediately lifted Taypen high above his head and started pumping out reps. Frisby counted him to 10… 11… 12… 13… 14… 15! Frisby couldn’t contain his excitement as Dwayne Dark finally slammed Grant Taypen to the mat.

Dropping Taypen behind him, Dark didn’t take his eyes off of Wilson as he hit a Front Double Bicep bodybuilder pose. Wilson laughed and shook his head, which seemed to enrage Dark even more as he got in the face of “The Celtic Hammer”. The two men were nose to nose, and failed to notice as Taypen crawled across the ring to make the tag to Leighton Buzzard! Buzzard flew across the ring and delivered a Front Dropkick to the back of Dwayne Dark, sending him crashing into Wilson and sending the Scotsman crashing to the outside. Dark had collided heads with Wilson, and was disorientated as Buzzard rolled him up and Dark was only just able to get his shoulder up.

Buzzard stayed on top of his opponent, and hit a Flying Cross Body from the second rope. The lightweight made the cover, but Dark once again kicked out at two. Looking to press home his advantage Buzzard went for another Flying Cross Body, but this time he was caught by Dark! Buzzard threw a few hard elbows, but Dark was still able to slam Buzzard to the mat.

Holding his head, Dark was able to stagger to his corner and tag in a reluctant Stuart Wilson. Buzzard struggled back to his feet, but was immediately sent back to the mat by a Shoulder Tackle from Wilson. Not wasting any time, the former Olympian hoisted Buzzard onto his shoulder and delivered his Bronze Bomber (Running Powerslam) to secure the victory for Frisby’s Foundation for Fitness.

After the match, Frisby beamed as he raised his clients hands in celebration. Dwayne Dark was still holding his head and did not look happy as he stared a hole through Stuart Wilson.

Rating: 49

We cut backstage to find Byron warming up ahead of his match with Dangermouth. The former ten-time World Champion looked focused, while in the background his son Bret Heartbreak was leant against a wall glued to his phone screen.

Byron.jpg.b6987f4b0eeb79d7f24e0545e0934d15.jpg

Byron: “I want you to watch carefully tonight Bret. Mr. Moss may think that he’s ready to play with the big boys, but he’s about to learn the difference between raw talent and the finished article…”

Bret ignored his father, not looking up from his screen.

Byron (annoyed): “Given the problems that popstar has given you over the past month, I would have thought you’d be showing a little more interest! Now, pay attention. You might learn something. I’m going to knock some respect into this so called “Dangermouth”. “

Bret looked up from his phone as his father left for ringside. His expression was hard to read…

Rating: 41

Dangermouth.jpg.66bdf5a0b731a3300b050cb71ed0ad36.jpgvs.jpg.e883b7db364818a13dc7bfb829f418ac.jpgByron.jpg.b6987f4b0eeb79d7f24e0545e0934d15.jpg

Dangermouth VS Byron

Byron was first out, and waited in the ring as Dangermouth made an elaborate entrance. The grime star came out rapping his own song, with flashing lights and backing dancers – all while livestreaming the whole thing to his Instagram followers. The crowd seemed into it, but Byron did not look impressed as he leaned against the turnbuckle and waited for his opponent.

As soon as the bell rang, Byron was all over his opponent. Whether Dangermouth’s mind was still partially on his entrance or not, the youngster was unable to respond to the intensity and precision of his veteran opponents strikes. Melanie Florence gushed on commentary as Byron maintained control of the match at a slow, methodical pace.

At around the six minute mark, Dangermouth was finally able to break free and raise some offence of his own. Byron had been applying a Full Nelson hold to his opponent, when Dangermouth had shown some of his street smarts by stomping on Byron’s toes to release the hold and delivering a hard elbow to the temple of the veteran. Picking up the pace, Dangermouth delivered Flying Shoulder Tackle after Flying Shoulder Tackle, before dropping Byron with a running Bulldog.

BretHeartbreak.jpg.fb2cff1ed2af17ef118b8ce9e5b0cf8d.jpg

Just as Melanie Florence was beginning to panic on commentary, Bret Heartbreak appeared from the back. The youngster sauntered slowly down to ringside, seemingly unconcerned by the fact Dangermouth had taken control of the contest. Melanie Florence cried out for Bret to do something, but the youngster continued to observe as Dangermouth dropped Byron with another running Bulldog for a two count.

Dangermouth looked to set Byron up for his Flatliner (Reverse STO), but the veteran was able to escape by throwing hard elbows to the side of the grime stars head. Byron went for a right hand, but Dangermouth ducked under and looked to bounce off the ropes, presumably looking for another Flying Shoulder Tackle. However as Dangermouth turned, Bret Heartbreak very subtly tripped his trailing leg from ringside which sent Dangermouth stumbling into the middle of the ring… right into an Upper Class (European Uppercut). Byron flashed a grin at his son, before falling into the cover and taking the victory.

Rating: 36

LandonMallory.jpg.b54b86e746a5e7a052e69d4c509a69a6.jpg

The music of Landon Mallory played over the speakers. “The Springbok” emerged from the back showing clear signs of the attack that he suffered only four days ago on National Wrestling. The South Africans ribs were heavily taped, as was his left shoulder. However, Mallory had a determined look on his face as he entered the ring and demanded a microphone.

Landon Mallory: “A few people backstage seemed surprise to see me here tonight. They clearly haven’t been paying attention. Joey Beauchamp thought a few “hoops” would stop me getting my rematch? Pasop! “Breeze”, you will learn, no matter how many barriers you put up, this shoulder will always ram them down! I jumped through your hoops, and I’m done waiting. Get out here krimpie!”

Mallory motioned for Joey Beauchamp to join him in the ring, and the South African didn’t have to wait long. Joey Beauchamp’s music hit, and “The Breeze” sauntered out from the back, a very confident look on his face as he surveyed the bandaging covering his opponents body.

LandonMallory.jpg.b54b86e746a5e7a052e69d4c509a69a6.jpgvs.jpg.e883b7db364818a13dc7bfb829f418ac.jpgJoeyBeauchamp.jpg.826c2a60a107174068f8ee210fbcedf2.jpg

“The Springbok” Landon Mallory VS Joey “The Breeze” Beauchamp

Despite his obvious injuries, “The Springbok” started this match like a house on fire! There was no pretention of finesse from the South African, as clubbing forearms reigned down on his opponent. However, Beauchamp was able to weather the storm and turn the tide of the match with a heavy shot to the injured ribs of “The Springbok”.

The bandages wrapped around Mallory’s midsection served as targets for “The Breeze”, as he delivered shot after shot to the injured midsection before changing tact and applying an Abdominal Stretch, attempting to really stretch out the injured ribs. Mallory screamed in pain as “The Breeze” cinched in the hold deeper. Referee Roy Worrall asked if “The Springbok” wanted to submit, but Mallory shook his head. Using his free arm, “The Springbok” fought through the pain to deliver a hard elbow to the head of “The Breeze”… and another! Beauchamp had to let go of the hold, and immediately ate a forearm from Mallory.

Beauchamp was down, but Mallory had to stagger to the corner and use the ropes to support himself as he held his injured ribs. Beauchamp staggered over and dug a hard boot into the ribs of “The Springbok”, sending the South African to the mat. Mallory crawled to the middle of the ring, stalked by Beauchamp with “The Breeze” grabbing the South African by the hair and screaming “You really thought you could beat me? Look at you! You can barely stand up!” Beauchamp hauled Mallory to his feet, and the South African was powerless to prevent “The Breeze” from hitting his Breeze Block (Forward Russian Leg Sweep) finisher.

However, instead of going for the cover, Beauchamp taunted the crowd. This drew loud boos, which grew louder as Beauchamp proceeded to mock “The Springbok” my imitating the South African’s set up for his Springbok Ram (Gore). Beauchamp stalked his prey, waiting as Mallory slowly, slowly struggled back to his feet… he sprinted across the ring… and Mallory sidestepped the move, sending “The Breeze” shoulder first into the turnbuckle! The crowd roared as Beauchamp staggered backwards, holding his shoulder from the impact, and turned right into a Springbok Ram from Mallory! The South African fell into the cover and the crowd counted along as Roy Worrall made the count.

Rating: 46

Generic_BritishHeavyweight.jpg.870d3d1a8bfbf3a60e1c9c20cfc07220.jpg

NateManchester.jpg.cce887e0564216ffa29525489963818c.jpgvs.jpg.e883b7db364818a13dc7bfb829f418ac.jpgEdisonSilva.jpg.61dc5b8d2bd67ac4c9473c3d11f6a792.jpgMoAdebola.jpg.98984fca32635b2f956972e51b99384b.jpg

“The Real Angel Of The North” Nate Manchester VS Edison Silva w/ Mo Adebola (C)

NWF British Heavyweight Championship

A rematch of the Main Event from ‘Locked & Loaded’, both men knew what to expect from their opponent. In an attempt to prevent Manchester’s fast start Edison Silva shot straight across the ring, but Manchester was ready for him and used the champions momentum to deliver a Back Drop that sent Silva crashing to the mat. This set the tone for the early stages, as Manchester delivered Dropkicks, Flying Clotheslines and a slick looking Neckbreaker which earned Manchester a two count.

Sensing he needed to change the pace of proceedings, Silva utilized his MMA skills and shot for a double leg take down. Manchester wasn’t able to stop the takedown, but he was able to cover up effectively. While Silva was able to move through his transitions, he wasn’t able to effectively use his dangerous knees or elbows and wasn’t able to inflict any major damage on his opponent. 

Not finding any success on the ground, Silva tried to turn it into a striking game but this Manchester was able to use his kicks to keep Silva out of range for his punches. Silva got frustrated and looked to close the distance, but walked straight into a Roundhouse Kick! The crowd rose to their feet as Nate Manchester headed to the top rope for his Manc-Sault. “The Real Angel Of The North” flew gracefully through the air… but landed right on those dangerous knees of the champion! Silva had been able to get his knees up at the last moment and they had connected directly with the previously injured ribs of Nate Manchester.

Both men were down, with Manchester holding his ribs. Sensing an opportunity, Silva forced his opponent back into the corner before driving a shoulder hard into the re-injured ribs… and another… and another! Manchester staggered out of the corner and Silva shot for the legs for a second time. Again, Manchester couldn’t stop the takedown and had to work incredible hard to cover up from the dangerous elbows that Silva was throwing at him.

By the time Silva released him, “The Real Angel Of The North” was visibly exhausted. The match devolved into a slugging match with both men tiring and firing off hard right hands. Unfortunately for Manchester, Silva’s MMA background meant this type of exchange vastly favoured the champion. With Manchester fading Silva shot for a takedown for a third time, and this time Manchester could do nothing to stop him. Silva worked into position to deliver a hard elbow to the temple, creating enough distance to hit his Knee Strike KO and defend his NWF British Heavyweight Championship.

Rating: 58

Melanie Florence: “What a match! Edison Silva defends his NWF British Heavyweight Championship!”

Jackie Goldstein: “Nate Manchester pushed the champion to his limit, but couldn’t get the job done. Where does that leave the Geordie?”

Melanie Florence: “Out of the title picture that’s for sure! It’s time for someone new to step up and give Silva a real challenge! Perhaps a certain 10-time World Champion after Byron’s impressive victory tonight!”

Jackie Goldstein: “Be sure to join us on Wednesday night for all of the fallout from tonight! Thank you for watching and goodnight!”

• Like 6

On 11/10/2023 at 5:43 AM, John Lions said:

Tough one - I think the characters I've enjoyed the most (Frisby, Adebola, Price) are all non-wrestlers. Of the active wrestlers, I really don't think I have any "favorites" from within the diary, just from outside of it. As of right now I'd say I'm most interested in Dangermouth and the Heartbreaks, and the direction their storyline ends up going. Does Bret break away from his dad and join up with Dangermouth? A grim star and a future influencer. Byron wishes he was born 20 years earlier...

This is something I've been grappling with so far this diary, and kind of the reason I asked. My two strongest characters are undeniably Chuck & Mo, who are both essentially managers. The actual wrestlers seem to be taking longer to establish character-wise for some reason. I think I'm now at the point where all of my 'set up' is now done, so hopefully the actual wrestlers will get a bit more of a chance to shine going forwards (alongside Chuck & Mo of course). 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Charasmatic Enigma said:

This is something I've been grappling with so far this diary, and kind of the reason I asked. My two strongest characters are undeniably Chuck & Mo, who are both essentially managers. The actual wrestlers seem to be taking longer to establish character-wise for some reason. I think I'm now at the point where all of my 'set up' is now done, so hopefully the actual wrestlers will get a bit more of a chance to shine going forwards (alongside Chuck & Mo of course). 

Obviously everyone will see this in a different way, but IMHO having two managers at the beginning as the strongest characters is not good or bad, it just depends how you use them. You have Mo with your champion and Chuck is helping to create a strong tag team.

Stuart Wilson wouldn't have the same impact debuting outside of Chuck Frisby's wing and we have already seen some details about Stuart Wilson, not that he feels like a random guy. I think Frisby's Foundation For Fitness are potential NWF British Tag Team champions and even if they don't win the titles they will make the tag team division more relevant.