All Elite Wrestling League

NEW WORKERS
Yasukazu Yunokawa (22, Japanese, New Japan Dojo)
Ryoma Fujishima (23, Japanese, Dragon Gate Dojo)
Kurt King (21, Scottish, Dragon Pro Academy)
Susan Dale (23, Canadian, Can-Am Wrestling School)
Galiana Lehmann (19, Austrian, wXw Wrestling Academy)
Madoka Matoke (19, Japanese, Marvelous Dojo)
Monica Gorman (18, American, Reality of Wrestling)
Tsugiharu Sugihara (22, Japanese, AJPW Dojo)
Tim Pulver (23, American, WWE Performance Center)
Charles Miletich (19, English, Fight Factory)
Gempachi Sakanoue (18, Japanese, Animal Hamaguchi Gym)

RETIREMENTS
None

LEFT THE BUSINESS
None

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

LEAGUE VOTE

@Martel123 @christmas_ape @DinoKea @stratusfaction @Dawn @PH71 @KyTeran @Wrestling Machine

WooItsNathan has not had any involvement in the league since the draft and then I had to frequently push him for his picks. Since then he has not picked his two extra wrestlers to make his squad size of seven nor has he selected any wrestlers for any of his matches. And of lesser importance he never chose a team name.
I realise real life comes first over any video game and over this league so if there are real life matters preventing him from participating I fully respect that. Having said that, I have had no message from him to say he doesn't want to participate nor to say why he hasn't been since the draft so I'm very much in the dark as to why he has stopped participating in the league.

I put forward two proposals on how to proceed.

Proposal 1 - Team WooItsNathan remains in the league for this first season. If he continues to not make any selections for his matches, I will continue to randomly make his selections for him.

Proposal 2 - Team WooItsNathan leaves the league immediately due to his non involvement. All matches involving his team so far will be erased so any team that have earned points from wins against his team will lose those points. This is only fair as some teams have not yet had matches against Team WooItsNathan and therefore have no points from facing his team.

A simple majority for either proposal will see that one carried. WooItsNathan is not allowed to vote on this proposal. Votes can be done either on this thread or in private message if you prefer. If you choose the second option I will not say how you voted though of course I will have to announce the result.

Edited by Nobby_McDonald
Grammar and spelling corrections. No context changed

LEAGUE STANDINGS
After 3 weeks

1. The Peak of Perfection - 6 matches, 18 points (6-0-0)
2. The Golden Lion Club - 5 matches, 15 points (5-0-0)
3. The Bryan Danielson Appreciation Society - 6 matches, 10 points (3-2-1)
4. Black Lotus - 6 matches, 7 points (2-3-1)
5. Team Swerve - 4 matches, 6 points (2-2-0)
5. Timeless Ensemble - 4 matches, 6 points (2-2-0)
7. The Spooky Club - 6 matches, 6 points (2-4-0)
8. TV Network - 5 matches, 3 points (1-4-0)
9. Team WooItsNathan - 6 matches, 0 points (0-6-0)

(wins-losses-draws)

Table is correct before the league vote that has just been announced.

• Like 3

I'm logging off for the night now. It's just turned midnight and I'm up at 7:30 as I'm taking my wonderful children to the local soft play centre. I'll be back online tomorrow night once they have gone to bed. I'll catch up on any  messages, votes, queries or anything else then and announce the next round of fixtures. It will be quite a quick turnaround for the next few rounds as I'm on annual leave and don't return to work until a week on Thursday. If anybody will struggle with the increased pace for a couple of weeks because of your day to day lives please let me know and I'll either return the pace of the league so far to a normal pace or alternatively won't schedule matches for you for every week to help you out.

I vote for 2 unless my team has already had a match against his team or the next match for us is against his team in which case I don't vote for 2 :p 

Seriously though, I'll go with option 1.

And can I please stop drawing Peak of Perfection :( 

Edited by Dawn

I'll say option 1.

Means you don't have to worry about making a new schedule and if nothing else could be left open for anyone else who might like to join to takeover straight away and remake the team in their image at the next transfer window.

If you do keep them, I say add Nick Comoroto as a member of their roster (since he's already competed for them) plus somebody random like Mercedes Martinez, even if they're unofficial members for when there are injuries.

Yes I'd also go 1. 

Realistically these things happen, whilst I'm sure it can be frustrating for you Nobby, getting even a few people to regularly be involved, make decisions, comment etc can be a tall order so whatever system you have should probably be ready for people to go missing.  I think them essentially becoming AI/Nobby ran is the best option. 

In a perfect scenario he makes a return, if not the team can be replaced in the future (although part of me would find it funny if his team won the league). 

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, christmas_ape said:

Realistically these things happen, whilst I'm sure it can be frustrating for you Nobby, getting even a few people to regularly be involved, make decisions, comment etc can be a tall order so whatever system you have should probably be ready for people to go missing.  I think them essentially becoming AI/Nobby ran is the best option.

People going missing for a while is a realistic possibility and has obviously happened. This is why I haven't made fixtures for the whole season, I make them game week by game week using a random number generator. While this does have the drawback that a certain team can be facing the same team or two in quick succession and some teams have successive game weeks where they only have one match, it does give me a far greater degree of flexibility if somebody has to take a period of time away from the league for perfectly legitimate real life reasons. And while two teams might face each other two or three times in the first four weeks of the season, over the course of the whole season every team faces every other five times, once in each match set up, so it evens itself out over the season.

Anybody who lets me know, I can allow them a period of time where they have no league matches and can catch up on their return, or alternatively I can limit the number of matches they have for a while or randomly select their wrestlers while they are away if that is what they prefer.
The difference with WooItsNathan is that he has 'gone missing' for quite a while now and I have no idea why as he's not let me know. Hence the difficult situation I'm in as to whether his team should continue and hence why I put it to a vote.

I am really enjoying running the league as an integral part of an AEW dynasty, even intertwining some storylines into the league. It does take a lot of 'admin' to keep track of fixtures, league tables, creating the matches on top of keeping track of all the wrestlers, tag teams and trios win loss records. I wouldn't do it if I wasn't enjoying it, if it was a chore.
I hope everybody who is part of the league is enjoying participating and if so I hope that continues for a long time. While it might take you a while to choose your wrestlers both in the initial draft, to make up your squad and for each match, believe me it takes me a lot longer running the league. :D

Edited by Nobby_McDonald

VOTE RESULT

Proposal 1 gained 7 votes
Proposal 2 gained 0 votes

Therefore proposal 1 is carried. Team WooItsNathan remains in the league for season 1 and for as long as WooItsNathan is not participating, I shall randomly select his wrestlers for his matches. Of course, if he resumes participating he resumes the running of his team.

Week 4 fixtures

DYNAMITE
Team WooItsNathan v TV Network - men tag
The Golden Lion Club v The Peak of Perfection - men singles
Team Swerve v The Bryan Danielson Appreciation Society - men singles
Black Lotus v Timeless Ensemble - men tag
Also Mercedes Moné makes her in ring debut and The Acclaimed face Gates of Agony

COLLISION
The Peak of Perfection v The Bryan Danielson Appreciation Society - women tag
The Golden Lion Club v Team WooItsNathan - men trios
The Spooky Club v Black Lotus - men tag
TV Network v Timeless Ensemble - men trios
Also Jamie Hayter returns to the ring and Blackpool Combat Club meet FTR & Mark Briscoe in trios action

UNAVAILABLE
Bandido (injured)
Emi Sakura (working for Gatoh Move - Collision only)
Juice Robinson (injured)
Kenny Omega (illness)
MJF (injured)
Nick Nemeth (working for NJPW - Collision only)

The deadline for selections is 21:00 UK 16:00 US Eastern time on Wednesday 27 March
Tay Melo (maternity leave)

• Like 1

REVOLUTION 2024
Sunday, week 1, March 2024
Current card

AEW WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP - Samoa Joe (c) v ???
AEW WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - Tornado tag team match - Darby Allin & Sting (champions) v The Young Bucks
AEW WORLD TRIOS CHAMPIONSHIP - The Acclaimed & Daddy Ass (c) v Mogul Embassy
AEW WOMEN'S WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP - Toni Storm (c) v Deonna Purrazzo
AEW INTERNATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - Orange Cassidy (c) v Roderick Strong
OWEN HART FOUNDATION MEN'S TOURNAMENT FIRST ROUND - Jack Parry v Ethan Page
OWEN HART FOUNDATION WOMEN'S TOURNAMENT FIRST ROUND - Serena Deeb v Anna Jay
Street Fight - Le Sex Gods v Don Callis Family
Blackpool Combat Club v FTR
Bryan Danielson v Jay White

DYNAMITE

Top of the table clash as Jay White will defeat a representative from The Golden Lions Club, ending their undefeated run.

COLLISION

Peak of Perfection (Thunder Rosa & Deonna Purrazzo) will defeat The BDAS to go 8-0-0

11 hours ago, Wrestling Machine said:

Also nerf Peak of Perfection cause wtf is dat!!! lol

Exactly what I promised. I don't see what the problem is?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, stratusfaction said:

DYNAMITE
Johnny TV & Jay Lethal (TV Network) vs Team WooItsNathan - men tag

COLLISION
Johnny TV & Matt Cardona (TV Network) v Timeless Ensemble - men trios

I've got these losses in the bag!!! hahahah

That's only two you've picked for the trios match.

And you do remember you have Will Ospreay in your squad don't you? You've not selected him once yet. :D (though granted he's not always been available).

2 hours ago, Nobby_McDonald said:

That's only two you've picked for the trios match.

And you do remember you have Will Ospreay in your squad don't you? You've not selected him once yet. :D (though granted he's not always been available).

Oh goodness, I totally forgot to put him into the trios!  Obviously I wasn't paying attention!  

Yes, please put Ospreay into the trios

• Like 1

DYNAMITE

DinoKea I see your Switchblade and raise you a Swiss Superman.  Claudio Castagnoli will end Peak of Perfection's streak and give them a near perfect record.

COLLISION

"Lionheart" Chris Jericho and the Lucha Brothers shall defeat whatever trio Team WooItsNathan puts forth.

This week The Golden Lion Club shall keep its golden record and become the sole undefeated team in the AEW League.

Edited by KyTeran
  • Like 1