General Gameplay Questions Thread

12 hours ago, dubb93 said:

I"m even more confused after realizing that there is a "basic match" drop down and all the cage matches have that set to "no"

Are you playing with the default data? If so, you could post it in Tech Support because this could be an error with the match set-up.

If you're playing a mod, that's on the mod-maker.

1 hour ago, catropis84 said:

My created child company is not having any title matches. Been 6 months since I created the titles and still no matches. Changed the holder from vacant to someone and still there arent any matches. Is this a bug or is there a solution?

Use the editor/in-game editor > Go to the Titles page > Find your CC Titles> Raiser all of their Frequencies

Use the editor/in-game editor > Go to the Events page > Find your events > AI Instructions > Defend All Titles

Since you can't do the same for TV shows try this:

Use the editor/in-game editor > Go to the Workers page > Find your CC booker> Business Skills > Change Title Reigns to Modern/Umodern/Crash TV.

If that doesn't work, I have't got a clue. Maybe see if some settings are messed up like weight restrictions/gender/function.

PS. I have never had a CC so I don't know if you can change titles/events without going to the editor so I took the route I knew worked

9 hours ago, alpha2117 said:

Lets face it thats sort of Punk's thing - he has the feuding gene.  Once you are on his bad side it's pretty hard to deal with him.  It took a decade for him to get on the same page as Drew, Miz, Trips, Stephanie etc so they were okay working together - not sure with Corey Graves and a few others.  So honestly him refusing to work with someone is on point.  All I would say is in this case is the editor might have to be used to remove whatever negative relationship is in the Mod given they appear to be okay with each other again now.  

I do get that, and I suppose it makes it challenging and realistic, just a shame to miss out on such a big match

This is his stats in the save Im on - so does that mean anyone with "strong dislike of" someone wont work with them at al, or is it another part of Punks personality that's leading to this outcome coupled with that relationship?

image.thumb.png.b14e15cc94bfc8945bb3598cb9edd796.png

2nd query - When you have someone cut a promo on someone not there, should that person be set as off screen, and that focuses the promo on them? Victim doesn't work as it says thats for physical conflict.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AlexTheTall said:

I do have a question : 

When you do a TV show, do you pay for all workers or only the one you use (if they are paid by appearance, of course)?

Thanks

If the contract is a paid by appearance sort of deal, then only the workers who get used will get paid. 

Edited by TheDeep5ix

Random Question

Does anyone know how much of a popularity boost dropping the ticket prices gives:

As far as I can tell, Normal & Cheap offer no boosts, but very cheap boosts 'slightly', and free 'boosts your potential popularity gains'

I know the wrestling economy has an impact, and its currently weak but rising. As a company that's started on 0 popularity, I believe TEW2020 gave you a 0.1-0.2 gain for a show that raises your popularity at this level and there would be a boost when you are significantly over your pop, but 5 shows in and its still at 0.

Jan Show : Free Tickets - 29 Show Rating
Feb Show : Norm Tickets - 33 Show Rating
Mar Show : Norm Tickets - 26 Show Rating
Apr Show : Norm Tickets - 35 Show Rating
May Show : Norm Tickets - 22 Show Rating

I'm 1.7k in debt and need to be at +10k by 1st Jan 2024 so trying to work out if its worth keeping the prices normal and get that slow tick to 1% and maybe break even on a show, or go balls to the wall, set prices to free and start putting on weekly shows to try get that pop number up faster and make my money further down the line

On 7/31/2024 at 2:50 PM, cesspool said:

I certainly don't remember seeing anything beyond these.

Has anyone figured out the crowd heat management mechanics yet? Unless I haven't looked in the right place, the Player's Handbook doesn't seem to go into a whole lot of depth about this. 

Say, would I ideally want to have the crowd white hot for the big main event, or should I try to get them white hot at the end of the main event segment? I'd also love to know whether anyone has any strategies for getting the crowd white hot later into a show. It seems to me like having a match with the "cool the crowd" note helps; otherwise I get my crowds white hot somewhere in the first hour and they never go beyond "very hot" after that. 

I've been playing around with this a bit in my RTG game. I ran the same main event on two different nights with a different lead in structure.

Entering the main event with Hot and Rising, ending the main event with White Hot, I got: Bonus for a hot crowd, 55-21-66 rating.

Entering the main event White Hot, ending the main event Very Hot, I got: Bonus for a very hot crowd, 55-22-67.

Certainly not a big sample size -- and also a bunch of scrubby indie guys -- but it seems better to go in White Hot (albeit not much).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Clarity said:

Random Question

Does anyone know how much of a popularity boost dropping the ticket prices gives:

As far as I can tell, Normal & Cheap offer no boosts, but very cheap boosts 'slightly', and free 'boosts your potential popularity gains'

I know the wrestling economy has an impact, and its currently weak but rising. As a company that's started on 0 popularity, I believe TEW2020 gave you a 0.1-0.2 gain for a show that raises your popularity at this level and there would be a boost when you are significantly over your pop, but 5 shows in and its still at 0.

Jan Show : Free Tickets - 29 Show Rating
Feb Show : Norm Tickets - 33 Show Rating
Mar Show : Norm Tickets - 26 Show Rating
Apr Show : Norm Tickets - 35 Show Rating
May Show : Norm Tickets - 22 Show Rating

I'm 1.7k in debt and need to be at +10k by 1st Jan 2024 so trying to work out if its worth keeping the prices normal and get that slow tick to 1% and maybe break even on a show, or go balls to the wall, set prices to free and start putting on weekly shows to try get that pop number up faster and make my money further down the line

My initial save idea was to run a smaller promotion with weekly shows. I don't think it's possible to get multiple pop bumps for weekly shows in the same region, or if it is it has a very very steep show rating (I was pulling mid 50s shows with 10 total pop and not getting any gains past the first show until it rolled over to a new month).

I wasn't running free tickets so that might make a difference, but unless you are broadcasting I don't see any benefit to running more than 1 event/month in a region.

5 hours ago, HurkaDurk69 said:

Use the editor/in-game editor > Go to the Titles page > Find your CC Titles> Raiser all of their Frequencies

Use the editor/in-game editor > Go to the Events page > Find your events > AI Instructions > Defend All Titles

Since you can't do the same for TV shows try this:

Use the editor/in-game editor > Go to the Workers page > Find your CC booker> Business Skills > Change Title Reigns to Modern/Umodern/Crash TV.

If that doesn't work, I have't got a clue. Maybe see if some settings are messed up like weight restrictions/gender/function.

PS. I have never had a CC so I don't know if you can change titles/events without going to the editor so I took the route I knew worked

Thanks a lot. Have tried this.

Is there any underlying issue or known bug causing created child companies to not defend titles?

On another note, havent had a promise yet either and on TEW2020 after the final patch I never got any promises.

Random Question 

Does anyone know how to clear out an entire shortlist? I know it's minor but I accidently shortlisted every worker in my database and I was wondering if there was an easier way that wasn't taking each worker off my shortlist individually. Thank you guys in advance. :)

Edited by 1NJTigers

1 hour ago, 1NJTigers said:

Random Question 

Does anyone know how to clear out an entire shortlist? I know it's minor but I accidently shortlisted every worker in my database and I was wondering if there was an easier way that wasn't taking each worker off my shortlist individually. Thank you guys in advance. :)

Get clicking, pal.

Does the new version of TEW include the ability to host joint co-promotion shows where titles from multiple companies can be featured on one major show? This is something I have been wanting to see in the series for years.

13 hours ago, catropis84 said:

Is there any underlying issue or known bug causing created child companies to not defend titles?

If they're not putting titles on the line it's because their aren't any valid challengers. For child companies, this is usually because the roster isn't set up well. i.e. as only Major Star and Star workers can fight for primary championships, if you've got a roster entirely made up of Unimportant workers then the title cannot be put on the line as nobody qualifies for it.

10 hours ago, 1NJTigers said:

Does anyone know how to clear out an entire shortlist?

There's a Remove All button at the bottom of the shortlist

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Adam Ryland said:

If they're not putting titles on the line it's because their aren't any valid challengers. For child companies, this is usually because the roster isn't set up well. i.e. as only Major Star and Star workers can fight for primary championships, if you've got a roster entirely made up of Unimportant workers then the title cannot be put on the line as nobody qualifies for it.

There's a Remove All button at the bottom of the shortlist

Hey Adam, I asked a couple of pages back so in case you missed it

In the Attribute 'Life Long Underdog' it says "losses to opponents who are more than one SIZE larger hurt them far less"

So what does this mean now that height and weight exists?

20 minutes ago, HurkaDurk69 said:

Hey Adam, I asked a couple of pages back so in case you missed it

In the Attribute 'Life Long Underdog' it says "losses to opponents who are more than one SIZE larger hurt them far less"

So what does this mean now that height and weight exists?

It'd be around 30-40lbs heavier, depending on the weight. I will update it to be clearer.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, John Lions said:

My initial save idea was to run a smaller promotion with weekly shows. I don't think it's possible to get multiple pop bumps for weekly shows in the same region, or if it is it has a very very steep show rating (I was pulling mid 50s shows with 10 total pop and not getting any gains past the first show until it rolled over to a new month).

I wasn't running free tickets so that might make a difference, but unless you are broadcasting I don't see any benefit to running more than 1 event/month in a region.

Diary when?

• Haha 1

What skills do the AI look for when a title has the Pure Wrestling function? Just technical? and if it minimum skills based, do they raise/lower the requirement based on company size/wrestlers employed?

And I guess I might as well ask, what about high flying and hardcore? just aerial, and hardcore(or maybe brawling/puroresu)

If playing as a smaller company, say mid to low 30s popularity, would bringing in someone with 61 popularity pop a bigger attendance number to justify the cost of the contract or will ticket sales still just be based off of my company? The guy that is 61 is an active wrestler and would be wrestling on the cards he appears at.

6 hours ago, dubb93 said:

If playing as a smaller company, say mid to low 30s popularity, would bringing in someone with 61 popularity pop a bigger attendance number to justify the cost of the contract or will ticket sales still just be based off of my company? The guy that is 61 is an active wrestler and would be wrestling on the cards he appears at.

As far as I am aware, the only bump that you would get in ticket sales is if you have pre-booking turned on and that wrestler is pre-booked in an angle or match for the show.

In my TEW2020 game (and afaik the only thing about this that has changed since 2020 is a reduction in attendances at larger company sizes) I would see a +-20% attendance depending on if I prebooked my top stars for a show or not.

I'm not sure if ticket costs are a factor either. My recommendation would be to create a couple of clones of your save file. Sign and prebook him in advance for the event in one and don't do it in the other, then sim to the event and see what the attendance is. I would expect there to be some bump but given how much a wrestler with that much pop would cost, I'm not sure if it would pay off or not.