TEW IX Public Beta Release Reaction Thread

6 minutes ago, miz468 said:

If you’re talking about the stable based in India, I believe that part of an extended CV 2020 mod. 

O wow ok. I have added some things to my DB i didnt relalize they were not canon.

Appreciate the response.

carry on

Trevor L.

1 minute ago, HiPlus said:

What is the outcome to that? 

I got "Fortunately, the staff was able to scramble to find a replacement ring, however it is well below the standard of your normal equipment" and I got a penalty.

3 hours ago, Irishwhiskey119 said:

Idk if it was already brought up but having to decide who gets the night off before you get to the booking screen is the first thing I have noticed that should be changed. At least be able to put your card together and then you can see who gets the night off. Or maybe I'm missing something and you can do that already?

I'm pretty sure it's been done this way intentionally for some reason. I'm not sure why exactly but I've mostly been using it to avoid any "left off the show" penalties if I know I'm going to have an odd number of workers, or someone is injured but trying to work through it. 

13 minutes ago, Hawk1665 said:

I'm pretty sure it's been done this way intentionally for some reason. I'm not sure why exactly but I've mostly been using it to avoid any "left off the show" penalties if I know I'm going to have an odd number of workers, or someone is injured but trying to work through it. 

I'll definitely use it, it's just not logical to have it before and locked in prior to getting into booking the show to know exactly who you plan to use.

5 minutes ago, Irishwhiskey119 said:

I'll definitely use it, it's just not logical to have it before and locked in prior to getting into booking the show to know exactly who you plan to use.

I agree. Particularly when you can already pre-book so you have access to your booking sheet "before you get to the arena".

I would think that it makes sense.  You wouldn't fly someone out and then give them the night off (unless you're WCW, but then they're at the arena anyway.)  You'd have to give them the night off beforehand.  Plus, game wise, it gives a drawback to giving someone the night off.  Otherwise, what's the point?  If it's at the end, everyone would just give the night off to everyone who would potentially complain about not being on the show, and every negative influence in order to keep the backstage in line.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, elmiticomark said:

Anyone elses ring crew forget the dang ring?

In real life our ring broke just before the show as we were tightening everything up it just buckeled when someone was whipped into the corner during a warm up. 

Show was delayed and the owner lost it as we all scrambled to put it back together. Then in the second to last match it happened again so a number of us had to go out and help again. Not a great look 😕

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

This is the first version of TEW in 19 years where I haven't had a PC as the new iteration of TEW launched (new laptop incoming mainly so I can play the game, but it's taking its sweet time). It's driving me a bit nuts that I can't check things out. 

Since there's no thread for the company yet: can anyone give me some insight into what's been happening with NYCW in this edition?

Edited by arwink

2 minutes ago, arwink said:

This is the first version of TEW in 19 years where I haven't had a PC as the new iteration of TEW launched (new laptop incoming mainly so I can play the game, but it's taking its sweet time). It's driving me a bit nuts that I can't check things out. 

Since there's no thread for the company yet: can anyone give me some insight into what's been happening with NYCW in this edition?

Didn't play 2020 so cant say too much change wise but here are some things

Tiny 21st in the World and $44,000 7 pop points of reaching small.  They have mildly positive relationships with MAW and PSW.

They have 20yo Cory Underwood who has a 88 SQ - so how long they keep him is a question.  

21yo Rory Brookes is also new too and has really strong Charisma, Acting and Mic skills

Everybody else has been there 3 years or more so should have been in 2020.

I cant imagine the two rookies or 22 yo Super Massive Destroyer are going to stick around too long as they look to have the sort of skillsets that will see a larger fed come a calling soon enough.  I mean SMD has 92 Menace and 77 SQ ... that's not a guy who is going to stick around a Tiny Fed too long.

Cant say whose left as like I said I didn't have TEW 2020.

Riley McManaus has been NYCW Empire Champ since 11 dec 21 winning from Masked Stranger who had a 182 reign.  McManus won the 2021 King of New York too.

The Casy Brothers are Tag Champs and have been for 84 days after ending the Italian Americans 238 day reign

Richie riggins has the Tri-State and has held it for 112 days after ending Freedom Eagles 245 day reign

So like all tiny companies I guess they are in a fragile position but not at deaths door.  30th in the world financially out of 35 and 21st size wise.  

Its 100% logical to do it before you book the show. Even on the indy level most bookers have their card set up weeks before the show. So if you already know your card you know who you aren't using so you give them the night off.

The point of the feature is that out of town wrestlers don't drive or fly to the show and dont cost travel money. If you decided while the show was going on they'd effectively be on site and you'd basically be sending them home. So you gotta decide prior to show day whether you want them there or not.

And i dont know about anyone else but if im doing monthly shows i have my next show booked before i even move a day past my previous show. I often have shows booked 2 or 3 months in advance so i know who im using.

Edited by Irish Wolf
  • Like 7

9 minutes ago, Irish Wolf said:

Its 100% logical to do it before you book the show. Even on the indy level most bookers have their card set up weeks before the show. So if you already know your card you know who you aren't using so you give them the night off.

The point of the feature is that out of town wrestlers don't drive or fly to the show and dont cost travel money. If you decided while the show was going on they'd effectively be on site and you'd basically be sending them home. So you gotta decide prior to show day whether you want them there or not.

And i dont know about anyone else but if im doing monthly shows i have my next show booked before i even move a day past my previous show. I often have shows booked 2 or 3 months in advance so i know who im using.

It's about deciding before you can get to the booking screen to see who is available. Where you get to work out and put the show together, not everyone is doing on a notepad prior. So no, it isn't logical it all. It's a small thing anyway so it's not that big of a deal.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Irishwhiskey119 said:

It's about deciding before you can get to the booking screen to see who is available. Where you get to work out and put the show together, not everyone is doing on a notepad prior. So no, it isn't logical it all. It's a small thing anyway so it's not that big of a deal.

The games have a really useful pre-booking feature that allows you to pre-book shows ahead of time, giving you a strong idea of who you are using and who should have the night off. 

No notepad necessary, just using the resources the game provided.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, ToxicTurtleyTop said:

Any Chance we could get the ability to move our title to an alliance and the other way around so in case you wanted to buy a title and send it to be an alliance title?

A couple of us have asked for this in the Suggestions forum, along with moving titles and champions together (instead of vacating the belt when you move it). I agree it'd be a great addition.

6 hours ago, KyleCamelot said:

I would think that it makes sense.  You wouldn't fly someone out and then give them the night off (unless you're WCW, but then they're at the arena anyway.)  You'd have to give them the night off beforehand.  Plus, game wise, it gives a drawback to giving someone the night off.  Otherwise, what's the point?  If it's at the end, everyone would just give the night off to everyone who would potentially complain about not being on the show, and every negative influence in order to keep the backstage in line.

This, and it adds the extra penalty for a sudden injury or the match card being changed and you not having spare guys there "just in case." Unless you book them 

If you're super worried chuck them on the preshow and don't give them a night off 

5 hours ago, Irishwhiskey119 said:

I think for like 99% of companies  it doesn't matter though. There is no morale bonus and they can still get upset being left off the show. So unless you know they would be working another company that night or they are an absolutely terrible backstage presence then there is no reason to leave them off the show.

1 minute ago, Arber said:

Have the coloured text lists from TEW 2020 been completely removed?

Apart from in the editor, yes. The majority of people didn't use them and it's also meant the return of keyboard shortcuts and such like.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mammoth said:

Apart from in the editor, yes. The majority of people didn't use them and it's also meant the return of keyboard shortcuts and such like.

In that case there is a lot of misaligned box headers, obviously a hangover from the 2020 layout of coloured boxes with bullet pointers. @Adam Ryland these are in places like the alliance member screen and so on.

But thanks for the info @Mammoth. It means I don't have to take them into consideration if I decide to work on skins again.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Woodsmeister said:

In real life our ring broke just before the show as we were tightening everything up it just buckeled when someone was whipped into the corner during a warm up. 

Show was delayed and the owner lost it as we all scrambled to put it back together. Then in the second to last match it happened again so a number of us had to go out and help again. Not a great look 😕

Ouch, I couldn't even begin to imagine having to deal with that.  There's a training gym in my town run by some former wrestlers, they've got two rings in their gym (however I think one is an official boxing ring [20x20] and the other is a 14 footer, it looks like) and I guess it's for this reason... I've seen them load up both before.

That really has to suck though... I play baseball and basketball recreationally in small leagues, I don't know if there'd be a comparison to having to deal with that, maybe if someone Shaq'd a backboard, but that's A) not typically something that happens other than once every 20 years and B) no ones paying to see the game, we're paying to play in it.  I would be at 0 in composure but trying to fake 100 haha.