CVerse 2022 Evolution Discussion

Greetings my fellow bookers.  I hope everyone is enjoying their day so far haha.

I wanted to start a discussion about the things that changed in our beloved Cornellverse, the things you love, the things you hate, and the things that surprised you.  After being surprised at his continued tenure with TCW in 2020 despite what had happened in his home country, I popped pretty hard to see Edd Stone as the man in CWA, and even more after I read his bio that his return was unspoiled.  As a fan who remembers the days of unspoiled debuts, it made me feel happy.  As a long time TCW player, I was also very happy to find them (IMO) better off for the second consecutive game.  AAA, Wolf, Chord, Gauge, Mo all still in attendance and then the amazing that is H2-Whoa.  Completely solved my issue with how to deal with Huggins if he was still there, in the best possible way.  Always sad to see a company fold, especially an old one. I know OLLIE was set up to go, but still sucks to see the oldest company in the game go.  That title now belongs to BHOTWG, if I'm not mistaken?

There is more, I'm certain, but I've got to get to Gorilla.  Let me know what you folks think.

As many know, I am a big USPW fan.  It's where I immediately go when it comes to the Cornell-verse. 

During the time skip, we lost Andre Jones(to CWA), Charlie Thatcher(to free agency), Corporal Doom(Left the business), Gorgon(to retirement to start a family), James Justice(to retirement), Mick Muscles(to retirement), The Force(to free agency) and T-Rex(to free agency).

We added Alina America(Face, current USPW Women's Champion from QAW), Hot Stuff(Heel tag team consisting of Buff Martinez and J-B Cash from 21CW), 'The Speed King' Clutch McKane(High Flyer face but unimportant, last seen in 4C), Erin Lawrence(female referee from QAW), Outlaw Wes Revell(Heel Outlaw, Last seen in IPW) and Tom Townsend(Last seen in CWA, Colour Commentator).

Other things that have happened were Alicia Strong getting into politics, Casey Valentine is being steered toward the main event scene, The Texas Express joined The Business, Natural Storm broke up with Eddie Howard turning heel, Funky Fedora saved Rich Money from choking and is getting a push because of that, Jimmy Chipolata has become the giant killer, Joss Thompson turned face and is now feuding with Steve Frehley, Julius Moor is on a run as a singles wrestler, Jumbo Jackson retired, Krusher Karloff retired, Raven Robinson retired and is now a road agent and manager, Jaime Quine took Alicia Strong's place with The Triumverate and Tyson Baine retired.

Current Champions are USPW National Champion Rick Law, USPW Women's Champion Alina America, USPW World Champion Nicky Champion and USPW World Tag Team Champions Bad Intentions of The Olympus Order.

The current lineup of The Business is Rich Money as the Leader, Sterling Whitlock as the Heir, Cooper Christie and Turk Trenneman as Members, Dusty Ducont as the Muscle and Elizabeth Cartier as Support.  The current lineup of The Olympus Order is the same as before with Zeus as the Leader and Bash Street and Siale Valhalla as Members.  The current lineup of The Triumverate is Jaime Quine as the Leader and Glorious Gloria and Juliette King as Members.

Hope this helps some people who are not able to play the game just yet.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, angeldelayette said:

As many know, I am a big USPW fan.  It's where I immediately go when it comes to the Cornell-verse. 

During the time skip, we lost Andre Jones(to CWA), Charlie Thatcher(to free agency), Corporal Doom(Left the business), Gorgon(to retirement to start a family), James Justice(to retirement), Mick Muscles(to retirement), The Force(to free agency) and T-Rex(to free agency).

We added Alina America(Face, current USPW Women's Champion from QAW), Hot Stuff(Heel tag team consisting of Buff Martinez and J-B Cash from 21CW), 'The Speed King' Clutch McKane(High Flyer face but unimportant, last seen in 4C), Erin Lawrence(female referee from QAW), Outlaw Wes Revell(Heel Outlaw, Last seen in IPW) and Tom Townsend(Last seen in CWA, Colour Commentator).

Other things that have happened were Alicia Strong getting into politics, Casey Valentine is being steered toward the main event scene, The Texas Express joined The Business, Natural Storm broke up with Eddie Howard turning heel, Funky Fedora saved Rich Money from choking and is getting a push because of that, Jimmy Chipolata has become the giant killer, Joss Thompson turned face and is now feuding with Steve Frehley, Julius Moor is on a run as a singles wrestler, Jumbo Jackson retired, Krusher Karloff retired, Raven Robinson retired and is now a road agent and manager, Jaime Quine took Alicia Strong's place with The Triumverate and Tyson Baine retired.

Current Champions are USPW National Champion Rick Law, USPW Women's Champion Alina America, USPW World Champion Nicky Champion and USPW World Tag Team Champions Bad Intentions of The Olympus Order.

The current lineup of The Business is Rich Money as the Leader, Sterling Whitlock as the Heir, Cooper Christie and Turk Trenneman as Members, Dusty Ducont as the Muscle and Elizabeth Cartier as Support.  The current lineup of The Olympus Order is the same as before with Zeus as the Leader and Bash Street and Siale Valhalla as Members.  The current lineup of The Triumverate is Jaime Quine as the Leader and Glorious Gloria and Juliette King as Members.

Hope this helps some people who are not able to play the game just yet.

USPW has like the youngest roster of the Big three. I dont think anybody saw that coming. 

• Like 1

Not crazy with how much (or not) women's wrestling has advanced. A few new wrestlers, a grand total of NINE yet to debut, no new companies, the same companies yet to debut, etc. In fact, one could argue that with the closure of OLLIE, the state of women's wrestling is WORSE, because they were a pretty decent sized company that would hire women wrestlers, and that's one less job opportunity for indy women.

• Like 10

I still haven't seem much. These are almost my first impressions. BUT there are things that doesn't make any sense and are important for me. Some of the SWF workers (maybe all of them) have gained popularity outside North America. Now Rocky Golden is in the top 3 worldwide!

I was pretty confused because I read in the prologue that SWF and TCW were having trouble. Then I see Rocky and Remo between the top USPW wrestlers in Whole World. WTF????? My reaction was there must be a new TV contract then, Supreme TV must be aired in new countries! .... NO, Supreme TV is still in the f*** C.A.N.N. I'm still confused, somehow SWF must have gained popularity in these countries, so I check SWF's pop in those countries... NO, it's still the same!

So I got to the conclusion that I was afraid to reach... they haven't think about SWF a bit and they don't care it all doesn't make sense at all. I only play TEW for the C-Verse. This is so basic that I can only conclude that they haven't think about SWF for a minute.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, newbiezness said:

I still haven't seem much. These are almost my first impressions. BUT there are things that doesn't make any sense and are important for me. Some of the SWF workers (maybe all of them) have gained popularity outside North America. Now Rocky Golden is in the top 3 worldwide!

I was pretty confused because I read in the prologue that SWF and TCW were having trouble. Then I see Rocky and Remo between the top USPW wrestlers in Whole World. WTF????? My reaction was there must be a new TV contract then, Supreme TV must be aired in new countries! .... NO, Supreme TV is still in the f*** C.A.N.N. I'm still confused, somehow SWF must have gained popularity in these countries, so I check SWF's pop in those countries... NO, it's still the same!

So I got to the conclusion that I was afraid to reach... they haven't think about SWF a bit and they don't care it all doesn't make sense at all. I only play TEW for the C-Verse. This is so basic that I can only conclude that they haven't think about SWF for a minute.

The changes to worker popularity seem to an outcome of  the new spillover system (I think this way makes much more sense than the numbers in TEW2020).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, angeldelayette said:

Talking about wrestlers, SWF added Garry The Entertainer and Justice Jolson. Deever Arnold, Forrest Ratloff and Hellion were promoted from RIPW.

I still haven't seen USPW myself but I trust you in everything related to USPW. So we are sure no one from SWF went to USPW. I can tell you no one from USPW come to SWF as well. Also you said no one from TCW went to USPW and I can tell you no one from TCW went to SWF. And I've checked no one from USPW or SWF went to TCW.

So in 2 years no wrestler switched between USPW-SWF-TCW. Are you kidding me?

Also none of the top indie wrestlers went to the big three!

This is so bad that I'm starting to think they haven't worked on the C-Verse at all.

• Like 1

Oceania has had a ton of shake ups and young talent developing, which is wild since it feels like a lot of the other parts of the Cverse are a bit stagnant. TONS of popular unemployed talent. I've done a custom company every single version since 2010 and this time there is easily the biggest pool of talented and popular workers available. RAW, DIW, and APW all have had pretty big roster shake ups with talent moving around. A lot of the guys "with potential" either captured the gold or got poached, a lot of young green workers turned into stars for the future.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, John Lions said:

Oceania has had a ton of shake ups and young talent developing, which is wild since it feels like a lot of the other parts of the Cverse are a bit stagnant. TONS of popular unemployed talent. I've done a custom company every single version since 2010 and this time there is easily the biggest pool of talented and popular workers available. RAW, DIW, and APW all have had pretty big roster shake ups with talent moving around. A lot of the guys "with potential" either captured the gold or got poached, a lot of young green workers turned into stars for the future.

How can you say that and Surfer Dude Lucas is still unemployed (sacasm)

Edited by JrSquared
  • Like 1

Just now, JrSquared said:

How can you say that and Surfer Dude Lucas is still unemployed (sacasm)

Honestly Surfer Dude Lucas and Rob Edwards being unemployed is very surprising (but I will not complain because those two have been my core guys in 2016 an 2020, I'm not fussed about being the one to make them stars again). A lot of the other indy studs or clear top prospects like Vortex and Jesse Tasman found themselves in ZEN and RAW though!

• Like 1

Just now, JrSquared said:

I was happy to see Vortex finally signed up. I normally do US Indy scene but the changes you mentioned are making me wanna do a L2G in Oceanic area. What exactly was the Monday Massacre in RAW? 

It looks like it was a big wave of talent releases that were a bit controversial (Rebecca Richey, the head booker of RAW has a some negative relationships with some of the talent as she was viewed as the one responsible for it).

The talent cut:

Echo [now APW Commonwealth champion]
The Brat Pack (Artemis Eyre-Rochester and Thurston Darcy) [Unemployed]
Rod Sullivan [Unemployed]
Cole Taylor [working in US for IPW surprisingly]
Captain Wrestling [Unemployed]
Isaac Taylor [Unemployed]

In my 2020 save I edited the database to have Echo and The Brat Pack leave so I could have them be the core of my regional company since in their bios both had comments about how they were struggling character-wise in RAW, so I'm not surprised to see them gone. Additionally, Luke Steele went to the US after hitting it big in a motion picture role, and Manhunter was released for failing a steroids test.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ritwik said:

The changes to worker popularity seem to an outcome of  the new spillover system (I think this way makes much more sense than the numbers in TEW2020).

So they didn't thought that wouldn't make sense in terms of the evolution of the C-Verse? I.e. there's no way you can explain that Rocky Golden goes from being out of the top wrestlers to making it to the big 3 in only 2 years without SWF being aired in those countries. Also why companies don't follow the spillover system then? You may not know the answers, it's not aimed at you, sorry, I'm just thinking.

• Like 2

Heck the number too lucha fed in Mexico can suddenly go under when, logically it would have a fairly stable fanbase.  I mean if the friggin' NWA can keep operating after all the crap that's happened to it since it's founding then OLLIE surely would be able too as well.  It doesn't make any sense and certainly doesn't mirror real life wrestling as the game is meant to do but it seems Ryland doesn't care about that anymore, if he ever did.  

• Like 2

As a primarily Europe player:

Looking at EWA

• Lost workers: Milo Morningstar (retired), Double Dutch (umemployed) and Bas Hagen (EWA).
  • New workers: The Apocalypse Riders (new characters), Demyan Volkov (new character), Hafthor Melsted (new character).

Looking at UEW

• Lost workers: Garion LaChance (retired), German Machine (retired), Turkish Delight (retired), Red Dragon (unemployed), Masaya Hara (BHOTWG). 
  • New workers: Jasper January (former VWA), Wes Stryker (former unemployed), Sigurdsson Blood-Axe (former unemployed), Irezumi Esu (new character), The Sundqvist Brothers (new characters), Teruki Nakayama (new character).

Looking at VWA

• Lost workers: Wild Child (Unemployed), Landon Mallory (21CW), Jasper January (UEW), The Lions of Japan (PGHW).
  • New workers: Bas Hagen (former EWA), Alfonso D'Angleo (new character), The Wild Springboks (new characters), Hiroki Machida (new character), Shinsaku Nozawa (new character).

Overall I think that is great for the promotions, got rid of some deadweight, a massive change in Mallory leaving and got some new exciting workers to make the rosters feel somewhat fresh and fun to work with. Can't wait to book Demyan Volkov, Apocalypse Riders, The Sundqvist Brothers & The Wild Sprinboks.

The problem I have is the unemployed scene in Europe, basically all the new characters got signed to one of the three promotions and the unemployed characters that are based in Europe are 27 and up age wise, meaning that you rely heavily on the releases from the British scene to get something interesting to work with. EWA's women's division especially suffers for this as their female roster is pretty much the same except they've added Aud Valkyrie (former unemployed) and there is a grand total of 1 woman available for hire (Geena The Warrior Princess).

And on the Yet To Debut side Europe has 7 new pre-written characters coming up and, only really relevant to EWA, disappointingly only a single female. I think I much would have preffered having the CVerse set in 2024 so the 7 Yet To Debut workers (and maybe 3 more) are there already and there are 7-10 new workers ready to debut between 2025-28.

Oh, and justice for Denmark, get me some hype Danes, I can only push Moonsault Master so much!

Edited by Genking
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I would have hoped that with the advent of AI content generation, as with the excellent character image renders, there would have been an opportunity to flesh out the game world and add a bit of depth, even if its in terms of yet to debut. But here I am playing in the British Isles in the demo and it's almost exactly the same talent pool that was available before, just older. 

Particularly striking is if I want a female division, its literally the same 8 hires that I could make in 2020, which would amount to be attempting to co-opt EWA's entire women's division (at which point I might as well just play as EWA?) + a 43 year old Gina, with no new characters - somewhat at odds with pressing certain other features into the game.

Edited by Meta
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

SWF is my go to and it feels quite stagnated compared to last time, like legit the World Champion had a near 500 day reign with only one in between to the same guy so we wouldn't have ANY new main eventers outside of Des Davids?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Dawn said:

SWF is my go to and it feels quite stagnated compared to last time, like legit the World Champion had a near 500 day reign with only one in between to the same guy so we wouldn't have ANY new main eventers outside of Des Davids?

The new Supreme faction is absurd too. Why would you link the name of the company to an intent to improve the career of a midcarder that is already 37 years old, who has won nothing.🙄

Edited by newbiezness

All my go to day 1 signings except for Acid II got snatched up ;_; Mainstream Hernandez going to the Fed especially was like a kick in the face. BHOTWG supposedly being in financial trouble is intriguing. I wonder if they'll actually get in real danger, or if the game will keep all the bigger companies more or less stable as usual. 

There are some good bits of details added; I like the expansion of the Aussie free agent market and the new Argentinian FCW stable looks intriguing, but then other areas and companies have received minimal to no attention. Feels like they ran out of time wit the CVerse

• Like 1

Very specific complain but I get really bummed out looking at the heights and weights of the characters. As someone who thinks the 'rough guidelines' for size were extremely outdated (it came from a time when anyone under 235 was 'small'), a lot of them just don't feel right. Guess it's on me though.

• Like 1