‘Dynamic’ Duke Freeman [vs] Joshua Taylor

Not Dynamic enough to get the win here but hope he puts in a good showing. Taylor's role in TCW has always felt like the gatekeeper, he's too good to be losing to midcard guys but he's not quite good enough to do more than a passing feud against your top guys. He's very good in the ring, so if you can't have a good match with him then your future in TCW may be very short

One Man Army & Human Arsenal [vs] The Elite (Chandler & Johnson)

I thought this was an easy pick, but with your comment on losing 3 heel tag teams it might be a good idea to keep Chandler and Johnson warmed up... but I don't think they are your backup plan for the tag division

Bart Biggins [vs] Quentin ‘The Drama’ Queen

Maybe a heel Biggins Broz reunion for one last run is the solution? Biggins isn't doing much but getting a big nostalgia pop when he comes out these days

‘Hands Of Stone’ Bradford Peverell [vs] Marc Speed w/ Seth Whitehead

Tough one. Speed and Whitehead have been quiet other than a loss to Benny + The Fox, but they had a strong showing in that match. Speed seems to be the "leader" of the team, so I could see Speed getting the first win and Peverell either needing some back up or having to work his way through Whitehead first

Elliot Thomas [vs] ‘The Rottweiler’ Flint Slater w/ The Syndicate

I don't think Elliot is sneaking out with a victory against Flint

‘Dazzling’ Dave Diamond [vs] Jay Chord

Dave continues to be dazzled by the bright lights of the arena

Andrews story is great - I think I saw a comment mentioning that this could easily be a Bach heel turn (which would make sense, he's done all he can do as a face and his career is winding down) but curious to see where it goes. Troy Story has been very fun and that's another one I'm curious about as I don't know what the payoff will be.

It feels like your midcard is really thin, but that'll get better once you start taking over the roster and seeing who sinks or swims. A lot of guys with potential working their way up the card, but not a lot of credible midcarders to take on the Chords, Gauges, Andrews and Hawkins that you are OK with taking a clean loss on TV.

• Like 3

Dynamic’ Duke Freeman [vs] Joshua Taylor

• Like 1

Joshua Taylor is in action.  Need I say more?

Doc Hammond hits the wrong man and causes the victory for his former partner.  I am still rooting for a new old wave to come crashing down and hurt inside.

Quentin picks up what is ultimately an 'I don't care' match for me.

Another knock by the hands of stone takes down another competitor.  Peverell is moving up in the rankings.

The Rottweiler munches on Thomas.

A surprisingly difficult match for Jay Chord.  Greg Gauge shows up and nearly causes Chord to lose the match, but Chord still picks up the victory.

Like everyone else, I loved the body bag angle.  It made me think of old school Undertaker where he used to put his opponents in body bags after the match.  Too bad about Freddy Huggins.  Though, an injury does mean he can come back strong.  Maybe even come back as a big face.

• Like 1

Finally caught up with the previous shows, I'm loving that Hammond storyline

• Like 1

Dynamic’ Duke Freeman [vs] Joshua Taylor

• Like 1

• Like 1

Caught up with this diary yesterday, really enjoying it so far. TCW seems to be in a slightly healthier place in IX, especially the tag division and the young guys look a lot more ready to fill out the midcard in the short term future. My inner TCW mark is desperate for a New Wave nostalgia run, so I'm really enjoying that story. I always find it tough to book the top tier stars when they need a break from the title scene, so tying Aaron Andrews to The Behemoths and making me care with a really hot angle is a masterstroke! Keep it up! In terms of predictions...

‘Dynamic’ Duke Freeman [vs] Joshua Taylor

One Man Army & Human Arsenal [vs] The Elite (Chandler & Johnson)

Bart Biggins [vs] Quentin ‘The Drama’ Queen

‘Hands Of Stone’ Bradford Peverell [vs] Marc Speed w/ Seth Whitehead

Elliot Thomas [vs] ‘The Rottweiler’ Flint Slater w/ The Syndicate

‘Dazzling’ Dave Diamond [vs] Jay Chord

• Like 1

On 8/13/2024 at 8:34 PM, John Lions said:

Andrews story is great - I think I saw a comment mentioning that this could easily be a Bach heel turn (which would make sense, he's done all he can do as a face and his career is winding down) but curious to see where it goes. Troy Story has been very fun and that's another one I'm curious about as I don't know what the payoff will be.

It feels like your midcard is really thin, but that'll get better once you start taking over the roster and seeing who sinks or swims. A lot of guys with potential working their way up the card, but not a lot of credible midcarders to take on the Chords, Gauges, Andrews and Hawkins that you are OK with taking a clean loss on TV.

That's an interesting take on the roster / midcard, and one I hadn't considered fully. I guess the upper mid carders are Joshua Taylor, Troy Tornado, and Dazzling Dave Diamond - but I can't have them three just lose every week in the Main Events. I suppose I see the tiers like this:

Chord, Hawkins, Ace, Gauge

then T-Bone, Mo, Bach, Troy

Diamond, Taylor, Tana, One Man Army, Doc Hammond, Flint Slater

Flynn, Human Arsenal, Queen, Peverell etc etc

There's a clear gap from the top four to the rest, so guys like T-Bone and Mo could be in that 'lose in the TV main event' slot for now. I feel like once I make a signing or two, I can build some guys up to a spot like that. Those top four are just superb though!

On 8/14/2024 at 5:13 AM, angeldelayette said:

Like everyone else, I loved the body bag angle.  It made me think of old school Undertaker where he used to put his opponents in body bags after the match.  Too bad about Freddy Huggins.  Though, an injury does mean he can come back strong.  Maybe even come back as a big face.

Thank you man :) I do have a big plan for Freddy's return already as it happens. Could well be as a babyface! Watch this space (in 9-10 months)

On 8/14/2024 at 1:10 PM, Wrestling Machine said:

Finally caught up with the previous shows, I'm loving that Hammond storyline

Thank you, thank you. It's been my favourite one to write so far. As others have said, a New Wave nostalgia run would be GREAT... all the more reason to hate Doc Hammond and The Syndicate if they don't give it to you / us though right?

8 hours ago, Kjarvs said:

Caught up with this diary yesterday, really enjoying it so far. TCW seems to be in a slightly healthier place in IX, especially the tag division and the young guys look a lot more ready to fill out the midcard in the short term future. My inner TCW mark is desperate for a New Wave nostalgia run, so I'm really enjoying that story. I always find it tough to book the top tier stars when they need a break from the title scene, so tying Aaron Andrews to The Behemoths and making me care with a really hot angle is a masterstroke! Keep it up! In terms of predictions...

Appreciate that a lot, thank you for your kind words. You've hit the nail no the head there with the Main Event scene. Gauge vs Chord could be a 12 match feud and last all year to be honest! Then others could step up due to their stories, like Sammy, Troy, T-Bone. So keeping the top two guys a) away from the Belt, and b) interesting, is a real challenge. It may be the biggest challenge of this TCW roster - apart from the tag team division - (I've lost two teams due to bad chemistry, and one due to long term injury - now I'm left with two giants and a bunch of 40+ year old duos! Time to break out The American Cobras I guess!!)

I like to rotate Main Event guys with injuries / being written off TV for a bit to keep it fresh. So if say, Sammy is next to be attacked by The Behemoths, he could take 2-3 months off, but when he comes back, it'll be big / exciting, and he'd have been missed. When real injuries come up, even if they can be 'worked through' I use it as an excuse to write someone off for a few weeks - that definitely helps.

• Like 2

TCW Presents:

image.jpeg

Tuesday, January 25th, 2022

Shawn Doakes 2.jpgKyle Rhodes 2.jpgJasmine Saunders 2.jpg

Calling the action: Shawn Doakes, Kyle Rhodes and Jasmine Saunders

Overall Rating: 75

image.jpeg

image.jpeg 

We opened the show with ‘The Elation Sensation’ Sammy Bach heading to the ring, to a huge ovation… but he wasn’t out there to smile, hype up the crowd like normal, or enjoy his night… He had an update on Aaron ‘Ace’ Andrews…

Sammy Bach: “I’ve been asked to provide this update, and speak on behalf of ‘Ace’… He’s uhh… Recovering well from the attack… and he wanted me to tell you all this… What The Behemoths did last week… was TOO FAR… and they’re going to pay…!! At Malice In Wonderland… Ace and I… are gonna face Killer Shark and Titan…!! IN A TAG TEAM MATCH...!!”

Bach hyped up the crowd now, his demeanour changing, and told them the two big men are going to be taken down a foot or two…

Sammy Bach: “And if Ace isn’t cleared in time… Which he should be… Then I’ll go it alone…!!”

image.jpeg

Duke Freeman 2.jpg00 Vs.jpgJoshua Taylor 2.jpg

Joshua Taylor continued his impressive start to 2022 with a good win here, over the youngster ‘Dynamic’ Duke Freeman. On 9 minutes, he locked in his brilliant ‘Butterfly Lock’ (Double Underhook Lifting Lock), and made the rookie tap out!

Winner: Joshua Taylor
Rating: 61

image.jpeg

A couple of announcements next, as the commentators ran through some additions to this weekend’s Malice In Wonderland card…!!

image.jpegRoderick Remus 2.jpgLaura Hocking 2.jpg

With Freddy Huggins out injured, Roderick Remus will step into his place, and team with Matt Hocking to defend the TCW World Tag Team Titles against the Number One Contenders: Devine Fortune… This change will see a new reign begin, whatever the outcome…

T-Bone Bright 3.jpg Wolf Hawkins 2.jpg

T-Bone Bright and Wolf Hawkins have been at each others’ throats for months, and it’s time to see them do battle on pay-per-view… Bright and Hawkins 1 on 1 is the latest addition to a stellar Malice In Wonderland card…

image.jpeg image.jpeg

When the TCW Television Title was first created, it was defended only on TV… However, this feud between new Champion Mighty Mo, and Flint Slater of The Syndicate, looks to be taking things to a whole new level… so at Malice In Wonderland, Mo and Flint go 1 on 1, with the Television Title very much on the line!!

image.jpeg

One Man Army 3.jpgHuman Arsenal 3.jpg00 Vs.jpgEddie Chandler 2.jpgNate Johnson 2.jpg
One Man Army & Human Arsenal [vs] The Elite (Eddie Chandler & Nate Johnson)

One Man Army and Human Arsenal, affectionately known as the ‘Two Man Arsenal’ by the commentators in this one, were out to prove a point tonight. It felt like everything they did was ‘for’ Doc Hammond, who they are trying to convince to leave The Syndicate. Doc didn’t show up in this one, and One Man Army was able to score the win with his ‘Guided Missile’ (Northern Lights Bomb) on Eddie Chandler.

Winners: One Man Army & Human Arsenal
Rating: 60

image.jpeg

Nick Booth was backstage next, ready for a promo…

image.jpeg

Nick Booth: “This is a message for Killer Shark, and especially Titan… I… HATE being called ‘Little Titan’… and you can threaten me with a Body Bag, I don’t care… DON’T call me that again… I may be smaller than you… but I’m 255lbs… I am NOT little anything…!!”

image.jpeg

Bradley Blaze walked up, and looked Booth up and down… The 277lb Cowboy smirked as he looked down, and muttered ‘Little Titan’ under his breath… This set Booth off, and ‘Nasty’ Nick slammed into him… before throwing him over a table and to the floor…!! Booth jumped on him and began raining down punches, before backstage workers broke it up…!!

The announce team said that people should just NOT call Nick Booth ‘Little Titan’…

image.jpeg

Next week, it’s Part III of the ‘Troy Story’, where Troy Tornado will discuss his huge injury in 2011, and how the last decade has gone as a result…

image.jpeg

'Troy Story III' - Coming Next week...

"The Last Decade... and Beyond..."

image.jpeg

Bart Biggins 2.jpg00 Vs.jpgQuentin Queen 2.jpg

Solid match again here, between the veteran Bart Biggins, and the upstart Quentin Queen. ‘The Drama’ over acted a couple of times, and it began to annoy Biggins. He acted like his leg was broken at one point, after a knee lock that Biggins was able to hold for a few seconds before Queen got to the ropes. For the finish, Queen was again complaining he was hurt – holding his eye as if Biggins had poked it. With the referee distracted, Queen stuck a thumb in Biggins’ eye, and hit his ‘Q-Ball’ Pancake Facebuster!

Winner: Quentin Queen
Rating: 58

image.jpeg

Backstage, Jeremie Courtney and Vita were shown watching Quentin Queen in action, before turning to the camera…

Jeremie Courtney 2.jpgVita 2.jpg

Jeremie Courtney: “With Vita as my new manager… I am going to take OVER TCW… Everyone here, wants to punch me in the face… and THAT… is why… I’ll be joining The Main Event, in Freddy Huggins’ absence… They need a third guy, and I will be that guy…!!”

Vita nodded along, but she looked like she didn’t want to be there… Her career has dipped since being Edd Stone’s manager, and then dropping down to manage Courtney… He treats her pretty poorly at times too… The announce team asked if The Main Event are aware that Jeremie Courtney will be joining their group or not…

image.jpeg

Bradford Peverell 2.jpg00 Vs.jpgMarc Speed 2.jpg w/ Seth Whitehead 3.jpg
‘The Hands of Stone’ Bradford Peverell [vs] ‘Speedball’ Marc Speed w/ Seth Whitehead

A close fought match here, between two excellent and experienced talents. Peverell and Speed hurt each other in this one, with Peverell using his ‘punches in bunches’ to keep Speed at arms-length, while Speed used throws and takedowns to try to make him ‘tap, nap or snap’. The match resembled an MMA fight at times, with Peverell trying to avoid takedowns. In the end, he hit his ‘Dream Left Hook’ as Speed charged at him, and the veteran was knocked out!

Winner: ‘The Hands of Stone’ Bradford Peverell
Rating: 61

After the match, Seth Whitehead slid into the ring and tried to attack Peverell… but he quickly slid out of it to avoid Whitehead’s attack…

image.jpeg

Next up, we learned that Tana The Mighty will return in ONE WEEK…!!

image.jpeg

Tana was taken out by The Syndicate, and hasn’t been seen since… but in seven days, on Total Wrestling, he’ll be back in action, and will look to call out The Syndicate for a fight…!!

image.jpeg

Elliot Thomas 2.jpg00 Vs.jpgFlint Slater 2.jpg w/ Jaylon Martins 2.jpgDoc Hammond 3.jpgWolf Hawkins 2.jpg

Elliot Thomas almost beat Flint Slater inside the first ten seconds here, as the cocky Syndicate member walked onto a brutal forearm, and was lucky he landed within reach of the bottom rope! The crowd came unglued at the shot, and at how close Thomas was to winning, but from then on Slater took complete control – with help from Jaylon Martins and Doc Hammond at ringside. Thomas had a late fightback, but he was put away with an ‘Ankle Lock’ in the end!

Winner: ‘The Rottweiler’ Flint Slater w/ The Syndicate
Rating: 62

All four members of The Syndicate stepped into the ring together, following the conclusion of the match…

Wolf Hawkins 2.jpgFlint Slater 2.jpgJaylon Martins 2.jpgDoc Hammond 3.jpg

At Malice In Wonderland, ALL FOUR members of the group will be in action… Wolf Hawkins goes 1 on 1 with T-Bone Bright… Doc Hammond and Jaylon Martins will look to shut One Man Army and Human Arsenal up, and also prove their worth to Hawkins… While Flint Slater, who we just saw defeat Elliot Thomas, will battle Mighty Mo for the TCW Television Title… The group looked extremely dominant in the ring together… and their opponents will be fearful of them…

image.jpeg

Dazzling Dave Diamond 3.jpg00 Vs.jpgimage.jpeg
Dazzling Dave Diamond [vs] Jay Chord

Great Main Event here, with Triple D showing he can hang with the best young talents in TCW. Jay Chord won’t have wanted a challenge this big, this close to Malice In Wonderland, but arguably it’ll sharpen his skills and his mind at a crucial time, right before a big match and Title defence against Greg Gauge. Chord avoided what would have been a match-winning lariat late on, and hit a springboard flying kick that almost took Diamond’s head off! Chord ended up winning it after slapping Triple D around the face, and then following up the disrespect by hitting a ‘Cradle Piledriver’!

Winner: Jay Chord
Rating: 79

Jay Chord was victorious, and was very proud of the slap to Triple D…

image.jpeg

He was also proud of the ‘Slap Heard Around The World’, after he slapped Greg Gauge in the ring last week… and told him he wasn’t ‘ready’ for a match against the TCW World Heavyweight Champion… However… As Chord had his hand raised tonight, Gauge slid into the ring behind him…

image.jpeg

Gauge span Chord around, and delivered a loud, hard, SLAP… that span Chord back around… and sent him falling to the floor… before rolling out under the bottom rope…!! Gauge grabbed a microphone… and had something to say to Chord…

Greg Gauge: “YOU SAY I’M NOT READY…?! I wasn’t ready for you to disrespect me last week… but I should have expected it… YOU… Are not ready… for ME… See you on Sunday…!!”

Chord held his cheek, and looked tired, and angry at Gauge…!! The show ended with a shot of Gauge in the corner, stood on the second rope and shouting at his rival… while Chord crawled backwards towards the stage…!!

image.jpeg

• Like 13

This is coming along very nicely, and you're getting very much better grades that I am in my private TCW game! 

At first I was skeptical about the Gauge vs Chord feud, that first promo was definitely toeing the line between "yeah Chord is the heel who wants nothing with Gauge" and "wow he's very whiny is he really the world champ in the workrate company?" but then the feud got instantly better and I think now basing it around The Slap pays off because it limits the physicality between them before the match while making the program really heated and about something that isn't the fathers' legacies. So I very much came around which is the sign of planning things well. 

I popped for Courtney assuming he can just walk into the Main Event, can't wait for the New Wave nostalgia run and hope Nick Booth can somehow make "Little Titan" disappear because it's very sports entertainment. They should have a (scaled down for no penalties) deathmatch about it imo

I wonder what Jaylon Martins can do as long as this runs, he's clearly THE next star imo but that's like... 3 TEW's away.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, AboardTheArk said:

This is coming along very nicely, and you're getting very much better grades that I am in my private TCW game! 

At first I was skeptical about the Gauge vs Chord feud, that first promo was definitely toeing the line between "yeah Chord is the heel who wants nothing with Gauge" and "wow he's very whiny is he really the world champ in the workrate company?" but then the feud got instantly better and I think now basing it around The Slap pays off because it limits the physicality between them before the match while making the program really heated and about something that isn't the fathers' legacies. So I very much came around which is the sign of planning things well. 

I popped for Courtney assuming he can just walk into the Main Event, can't wait for the New Wave nostalgia run and hope Nick Booth can somehow make "Little Titan" disappear because it's very sports entertainment. They should have a (scaled down for no penalties) deathmatch about it imo

I wonder what Jaylon Martins can do as long as this runs, he's clearly THE next star imo but that's like... 3 TEW's away.

Thank you for the detailed comments / feedback - love reading stuff like this. I'll try and respond to all of it:

I'm using the stored creative feature a lot more than I thought I would. On TV, one match and one angle get the treatment - ideally the Main Event, but sometimes they're considered 'big risks', so I avoid it. On PPV, I use it for at least two matches. At War To Settle The Score, I did I think 3 matches and an angle ;) 

Yeah thank you. So, I agree, the Father's legacy thing is a bit eh. However, it's PART of the story. On its own, it's probably not enough for a World Title feud... especially when Ace, Wolf, and others are around. Does anyone know where I got "The Slap Heard Around the World!" from? Was it Will Smith on Chris Rock?! I'm not sure, but it sounded cool. The idea was, these two respect each other, and they're going to feud as respectful opponents. I guess, if your dad has a friend who has a son, and you end up being friends with the son? You play nice, so the dads can hang out, etc. But one of the kids is meaner to the other. "My dad could beat your dad up" etc.  So there's lots of like, mini layers to it. Nothing too huge, but I'm aiming for a few matches out of this (based on the rating for the first one), with the Title potentially being switched ;) 

Ha! Courtney yeah, I kinda just had nothing for him - and a slot opened up. I don't think Hocking and Remus would be the type to think that they NEED a third man with Freddy out. so it's his job to convince them they do. I've got a big plan for that group of individuals (including Freddy's return, Laura and Vita !!)

Little Titan! Do not call Nick Booth Little Titan! Yeah interesting that you say it's a bit SE. Unfortunately I've always written for SE companies - even my NOTBPW diaries were CGC invasions, with an SE slant. Here I'm trying to tell subtle stories, that's how I like to do it. One day, that Little Titan thing will backfire on Big Titan... so this is just the subtle hints at the start stage. Could go nowhere. Could end up coming back around to it.

Yeah Jaylon is already really good to be fair. 22 years old, he's got a big future for sure. Working tag matches with Doc Hammond, against One Man Army and Human Arsenal is going to bring him on quickly too, so you may see him break out in the future. Flint Slater I'm not 100% sold on, but he's not let me down yet, so will retain his place on the card and strong booking for sure.

8 hours ago, Wrestling Machine said:

Love little details, like acknowledging the fact that defending the TV title on PPV needed an explanation. Props to your booking!

Thank you. WWE used to annoy me when things happened and as fans that paid attention, we'd go "Wait, but, didn't you say that... (insert something they changed their minds on)...?" Like, pay it off... explain it to us... Like I love how Randy is getting the World Title shot because he wasn't technically pinned at KOTR... it comes back around... it always 'makes sense'. If I just dropped the TV Title concept and didn't explain it, or at least acknowledge it, it'd be a bit weird I think. Personally not a fan of TV Titles. Didn't WCW guys used to say it was a death sentence? Maybe Arn said it to Regal and Booker T? Something like that anyway.

I may bring in a fourth Title one day... which could mean I go back to the TV Title concept... We'll see.

• Like 2

image.jpeg

Tuesday, January 25th, 2022

**Quotes taken directly from Vibert’s Podcast**

Phil Vibert here, and… what a show TCW put on for us, once again this past week… Dazzling Dave Diamond versus Jay Chord was our Main Event… it not only delivered, but it continued the story between Chord and Greg Gauge, when Chord caught Triple D with a BIG slap around the face… Gauge himself then headed to the ring, to avenge the slap Chord hit him with last week… and Chord was clearly both hurt, and offended by the move…

The Syndicate looked dominant, but it could have been oh so different… Elliot Thomas almost beat Flint Slater in under 10 seconds!! Imagine how p****d Wolf Hawkins would have been with that…

The Sammy Bach segment was interesting… He’s had a rollercoaster few weeks… He went from teaming with Aaron Andrews to beat Wolf Hawkins and Doc Hammond on the first show of 2022… To a ‘nothing’ segment with ‘Ace’ backstage the following week… Then followed that up, with the ‘Body Bag’ segment last week… where he came out to run off The Behemoths, and get some medical help for Andrews… This week… he was tasked with cutting a promo on Andrews’ behalf… and challenging Killer Shark and Titan to a tag team match at Malice In Wonderland…!! I can’t see ‘Ace’ being cleared to compete by then… but if he is… it should be a great match!!

Finally… I wanted to give a little nod to some of the younger talents on the TCW roster… Elliot Thomas, who I mentioned earlier… Jeremie Courtney… Quentin Queen… Bradley Blaze… Nick Booth – they all did great this week, and are all under 30… The future looks very bright for TCW…

Malice In Wonderland is up next, and I believe my good friend Greg Sluchinski from the Pro Wrestling Reporter, will be going over the card, and opening things up for a ‘Prediction Contest’…

image.jpeg

• Like 5

I laughed at the image of one of the best workers in the world, Aaron Andrews, laid up hurt. Bach at his side. And AA just whispers out.. 'it was too far' 

This might completely be in my head but I feel like I used to hear 'too far' all the time but haven't in years. In my mind Bach made it up and hasn't even visited Aaron, like I say, don't trust him.

Bradley had that coming for sure. 

I'm torn now, New Wave reunion is obviously appealing but Two Man Arsenal is a cool tag team name. 

And as for where you got slap heard around the world from I guess shot heard around the be world is a saying but first thing that comes to my mind is ECWs 'chairshot heard around the world' (Dreamer on Raven)

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, christmas_ape said:

I laughed at the image of one of the best workers in the world, Aaron Andrews, laid up hurt. Bach at his side. And AA just whispers out.. 'it was too far' 

This might completely be in my head but I feel like I used to hear 'too far' all the time but haven't in years. In my mind Bach made it up and hasn't even visited Aaron, like I say, don't trust him.

Bradley had that coming for sure. 

I'm torn now, New Wave reunion is obviously appealing but Two Man Arsenal is a cool tag team name. 

And as for where you got slap heard around the world from I guess shot heard around the be world is a saying but first thing that comes to my mind is ECWs 'chairshot heard around the world' (Dreamer on Raven)

Haha!! I re-wrote that Sammy promo as I posted the show, I think originally it said something like "What they did was WRONG" and it just didn't land. Yeah, essentially, those are Sammy's words, paraphrased from what Ace told him to say.

Two Man Arsenal ;) Yeah I liked that too. They make sense as a team, because Doc was always the technician of The New Wave, and Human Arsenal is that too. The One Man Army / Doc Hammond feud keeps taking little turns / twists. I really like their story, it's definitely my favourite.

Posted (edited)

image.jpeg

Saturday, January 29th, 2022

Pro Wrestling Reporter – An Article by Greg Sluchinski

MALICE IN WONDERLAND 2022 is just around the corner, and now it’s not only your chance to predict the winners… It’s also my chance to explain how we got here for each match… Starting, with the TCW Television Title…

TCW Television Title Match:
Mighty Mo (c) [vs] ‘The Rottweiler’ Flint Slater w/ The Syndicate

How we got here: Mighty Mo captured the Television Title a little over a month ago, and due to a change in the booking team at TCW, is yet to defend it. The Title was created for Television defences only, however the current team have decided to use it for pay-per-views as well. Slater has promised to make Mo tap out and take his Championship, and with The Syndicate backing him up, it’s hard to doubt him.

Grudge Match:
Sammy Bach & Aaron Andrews [vs] The Behemoths w/ Floyd Goldworthy

How we got here: At the beginning of 2022, The Behemoths put the TCW roster on notice, and told them they were coming for ‘someone’. 2022 is a year of change for Aaron Andrews and Sammy Bach, and Andrews was unfortunately the man Killer Shark and Titan were coming after. They dragged him to the ring in a Body Bag two weeks ago, and left him for dead. Bach has said that ‘Ace’ is doing well, and challenged the two giants to a tag team match here tonight! But the question is: Will ‘Ace’ make it?

Grudge Match:
One Man Army & Human Arsenal [vs] Doc Hammond & Jaylon Martins w/ The Syndicate

How we got here: One Man Army and Doc Hammond were once known as ‘The New Wave’, one of the greatest tag teams in wrestling history. After they split, Hammond joined their fierce rivals: The Syndicate, and things were going well for him. A Television Title reign, and having the ear of their leader: Wolf Hawkins. However, in recent months, Hawkins has turned nasty on him. Treating him like an old timer, and belittling him. One Man Army has enlisted the help of a former rival: Human Arsenal, to try to convince Hammond to come ‘home’ and leave The Syndicate. So far it hasn’t worked, and this is Hammond and Jaylon Martins’ chance to prove to Hawkins that they are loyal, and capable as they take on The Two Man Arsenal.

Grudge Match:
T-Bone Bright [vs] Wolf Hawkins w/ The Syndicate

How we got here: 2020 and 2021 were banner years for T-Bone Bright. His rise up the card in TCW has been well received by the fans, and they love his energetic promos and attitude. He won the King Of Kings tournament in November of last year, but now he has a huge test. The former 3-time World Heavyweight Champion: Wolf Hawkins. A win for T-Bone would be absolutely huge, but a win for Wolf could mean a hattrick of victories for The Syndicate here at Malice In Wonderland, as they continue to stamp their dominance on TCW.

TCW World Tag Team Titles Match:
Devine Fortune [vs] Roderick Remus & Matt Hocking (c) w/ Laura Hocking

How we got here: Devine Fortune haven’t been Tag Team Champions since 2017, but they won the Number One Contendership by beating Benny & The Foxx, The Elite and Goya & Kamimura at Psycho Circus in December. The Champions have had a rough start to 2022. Freddy Huggins will now miss at least TEN MONTHS of action, and so his half of the Titles have fallen to fellow Main Event stablemate: Roderick Remus. Remus. Remus and the impressive Matt Hocking go into this match as ‘Champions’ but will begin a new reign if they win.

TCW World Heavyweight Title Match:
Greg Gauge [vs] Jay Chord (c)

How we got here: Greg Gauge and Jay Chord both come from rich wrestling stock, with both of their Fathers being former World Champions. Gauge’s Father Sam Keith wrestled all over the world, and won TEN World Championships. Rip Chord had a very similar career, and captured THIRTEEN World Titles. In fact, interestingly, Keith followed Chord to four different companies. He joined TWL a year after Chord left. He showed up in BHOTWG five years after Chord left. He joined the SWF a year after Chord was gone, and he joined TCW two years post-Chord. As a result, the two NEVER fought 1 on 1. They were never in the same company - Chord even handed the reigns of MAW to Keith upon his retirement from the business. Now though, their Sons both work for TCW, and they WILL collide at Malice In Wonderland.

It was supposed to be a respectful rivalry, between two students of the game, and two second generation stars. But Chord has gone personal, and treated Gauge with contempt. He listed off Gauge’s accomplishments, and claimed the 32 year old DESERVED a Title shot. However, he claimed that Gauge is not READY for the challenge of fighting Chord, and will lose at the pay-per-view. Chord SLAPPED Gauge two weeks ago, and Gauge returned the favour this past week on Total Wrestling. Can Gauge capture his first World Championship? Or will Chord’s second reign of 154 days continue?

Predictions for: TCW Malice In Wonderland - Sunday, January 30th, 2022

Grudge Match:

Grudge Match:

Grudge Match:

BONUS:

1). What will the Overall Rating of the show be…? (Within 5, one point. Spot on, two points)… ________________ 

2). Which Match will be the Match Of The Night…? ________________ 

3). Will Aaron Andrews make it to his match…? If not, who will replace him…? ________________ 

image.jpeg

Edited by The Lloyd
  • Like 2

Mighty Mo (c) [vs] ‘The Rottweiler’ Flint Slater w/ The Syndicate

Grudge Match:
Sammy Bach & Aaron Andrews [vs] The Behemoths w/ Floyd Goldworthy

Grudge Match:
One Man Army & Human Arsenal [vs] Doc Hammond & Jaylon Martins w/ The Syndicate

Grudge Match:
T-Bone Bright [vs] Wolf Hawkins w/ The Syndicate

Devine Fortune [vs] Roderick Remus & Matt Hocking (c) w/ Laura Hocking

Greg Gauge [vs] Jay Chord (c)

1). What will the Overall Rating of the show be…? (Within 5, one point. Spot on, two points)… 84

2). Which Match will be the Match Of The Night…? T-Bone vs Wolf

3). Will Aaron Andrews make it to his match…? If not, who will replace him…? if he doesn't... it's Troy.

• Like 1

Sammy Bach & Aaron Andrews [vs] The Behemoths w/ Floyd Goldworthy thx to Booth, or with Sammy turning on Ace

Greg Gauge [vs] Jay Chord (c) don't think you'll have a DQ in a PPV main event, so maybe a draw?

BONUS:

1). What will the Overall Rating of the show be…? 80

2). Which Match will be the Match Of The Night…? The Main Event

3). Will Aaron Andrews make it to his match…? Yes!

Edited by Wrestling Machine
  • Like 1

Grudge Match:

Grudge Match:

Grudge Match:

BONUS:

1). What will the Overall Rating of the show be…? (Within 5, one point. Spot on, two points)… 83

2). Which Match will be the Match Of The Night…? Greg Gauge vs Jay Chord

3). Will Aaron Andrews make it to his match…? If not, who will replace him…? AA joins Bach before the end of the match and gets the win

• Like 1

Mighty Mo (c) (tempted to go the other way here)

Grudge Match:
Sammy Bach & Aaron Andrews 

Grudge Match:
 Doc Hammond & Jaylon Martins w/ The Syndicate

Grudge Match:
 Wolf Hawkins w/ The Syndicate

Roderick Remus & Matt Hocking (c) w/ Laura Hocking

Jay Chord (c)

BONUS:

1). What will the Overall Rating of the show be…? (Within 5, one point. Spot on, two points)… _________82_______ 

2). Which Match will be the Match Of The Night…? _______gauge vs Chord_________ 

3). Will Aaron Andrews make it to his match…? If not, who will replace him…? ______yes__________ 

• Like 1

Grudge Match:

Grudge Match:

Grudge Match:

BONUS:

1). What will the Overall Rating of the show be…? (Within 5, one point. Spot on, two points)… 81

2). Which Match will be the Match Of The Night…? Greg Gauge [vs] Jay Chord (c)

3). Will Aaron Andrews make it to his match…? If not, who will replace him…? No, Troy Tornado

• Like 1

Not sure if you are telling us who wins by bolding certain wrestlers, let's find out

TCW Television Title Match:

Grudge Match:

Grudge Match:

Grudge Match:

BONUS:

1). What will the Overall Rating of the show be…? (Within 5, one point. Spot on, two points)… 82

2). Which Match will be the Match Of The Night…? Greg vs Jay

3). Will Aaron Andrews make it to his match…? If not, who will replace him…? yes

• Haha 1

Calling an upset - why? No real reason, but I can see Mo getting a move up the card and leaving the TV title to the guys who really need some reps. Mo's good enough that he doesn't really need a secondary title.

Grudge Match:
I still feel pretty bullish on Bach turning on Andrews.

Grudge Match:
I don't know if (or what) major development ends up happening with this storyline, but I think the veterans get the win here.

Grudge Match:
It's time for T-Bone's first test to see if he's good enough to hang with the "big boys"

Remus gets himself in the record books officially.

I don't think the "build" is quite done for Greg to commemorate what would be his first World title win, but I could see it coming soon.

BONUS:

1). What will the Overall Rating of the show be…? (Within 5, one point. Spot on, two points)… 86

2). Which Match will be the Match Of The Night…? Gauge vs Chord, nothing else has a chance of coming close

3). Will Aaron Andrews make it to his match…? If not, who will replace him…? He makes the match 

• Like 1

Grudge Match:

Grudge Match:

Grudge Match:

BONUS:

1). What will the Overall Rating of the show be…? (Within 5, one point. Spot on, two points)… 85

2). Which Match will be the Match Of The Night…? Greg Gauge vs Jay Chord

3). Will Aaron Andrews make it to his match…? If not, who will replace him…? Yes

• Like 1