TEW07: Are you buying it, and if so, why?

Ok, not been around these parts since the ol' days of the RX and TEWZone/T-Zone Mod Wars. I remember when I first stumbled across EWR over 2 years ago, I remember waiting eagerly for TEW, and even more so with TEW05. But for me the magic is gone. Doesn't seem to interest me anymore to take a promotion and raise it to the top. Trying to simulate my own Monday Night Wars, or my own "What If" scenarios. So the question is, for those of you who are new, as well as old, to Adam's games, what is grabbing your interests for the new TEW07? I miss the old feeling I used to get, wondering if I'll ever get the old spark back :( CHEERS! //Viggo Vickers

[QUOTE=Viggo Vickers;161827]Ok, not been around these parts since the ol' days of the RX and TEWZone/T-Zone Mod Wars. I remember when I first stumbled across EWR over 2 years ago, I remember waiting eagerly for TEW, and even more so with TEW05. But for me the magic is gone. Doesn't seem to interest me anymore to take a promotion and raise it to the top. Trying to simulate my own Monday Night Wars, or my own "What If" scenarios. So the question is, for those of you who are new, as well as old, to Adam's games, what is grabbing your interests for the new TEW07? I miss the old feeling I used to get, wondering if I'll ever get the old spark back :( CHEERS! //Viggo Vickers[/QUOTE] Um Yes I will be buying it. Every game Adam makes is a solid improvement over the previous version. I am sure that you are now back around the forums you will get that old spark back.

[QUOTE=Viggo Vickers;161827]Ok, not been around these parts since the ol' days of the RX and TEWZone/T-Zone Mod Wars. I remember when I first stumbled across EWR over 2 years ago, I remember waiting eagerly for TEW, and even more so with TEW05. But for me the magic is gone. Doesn't seem to interest me anymore to take a promotion and raise it to the top. Trying to simulate my own Monday Night Wars, or my own "What If" scenarios. So the question is, for those of you who are new, as well as old, to Adam's games, what is grabbing your interests for the new TEW07? I miss the old feeling I used to get, wondering if I'll ever get the old spark back :( CHEERS! //Viggo Vickers[/QUOTE] Might be good to have taken a break from it for awhile. It's like that with ANY game, no matter how good. I did the same with Civilization II on PC. I overplayed it. I still love the games, but when each new version comes out, I play a bit and end up dropping it shortly after... So if you've taken a break for a while, chances are you'll still be able to enjoy the new one.

I guess you will always at some point get bored of any game irrelevant of how good it is. I will be buying the new TEW for sure for one main reason, it is getting better and better with every version. With the new game i feel that there will be much more control on how to run the promotion and how the game world will look. Look at the condensed list for all the new features. I really feel Adam is putiing in a big effort in this one(and it previous versions), to make the best version yet. TEW is improving much more with every version in comparison to lets say FM or CM which are suppose to be some of the biggest simmulation games out there.

Why I'm getting it. I think TEW and EWR have always been some of the best sports type simulators ever. Even EWR was as good as anything on the market at the time. One thing Adam does that no one else does (atleast not to the extent that Adam does) is that he listens to our ideas and does a great job of making them happen. To be an artist and do that you have to take your ego out of it. I respect Adam as a phenomenal game developer. The game always gets better, alot better in fact. Most games don't make the amount of improvments TEW does each time. SVR really hasn't even made as many improvments from 06 to 07 as TEW has from 05 to 07. Speaking of SVR, I love it. I even created Dread in my game. I have to admit though, I love TEW alot more than SVR. Even EWR is more fun to me. SVR gets boring after about 1 month, TEW will last me about 7 or 8 months. I may take a break from TEW for a few weeks but I'll be playing it alot longer than SVR. Just look at the Developer's Journal, there are so many reasons there to buy the game. Speaking of CAW's for SVR 07, is anyone else doing them for characters from TEW? I did Dread but I'm not 100 percent happy. I would love to have a CAW of Runaway Train, Bruce The Giant, Marot Koclov, Tommy Cornell, Sean McFly, Nemisis, T-Rex, Sam Strong and Peter Valentine to name a few. Something to hold me over until TEW 07 is out. Anyway, I know its been said 1,000 times but I'm excited about TEW 07.

I'm buying it and assuming it comes out before Christmas, I'll be buying it for several clients and friends who are also big fans of the wrestling business (such as it is). I'll tell you the #1 reason I'm buying it and it's probably one that several people share but don't really consider all that important. Adam. If you're into games like I am and you know some developers and studios and how they work, you know that as much passion as a developer may have for his product, it isn't always possible for him/her to convey that passion to the audience. Whether it be due to insular "corporate politics" or just having an audience that's just too big to connect with (see: Pardo, Rob. Executive Producer of World of Warcraft), it creates somewhat of a gulf between the designer(s) and their intended audience. Can't really say that about Adam though. Even when I disagree with his line of thinking, I think it's important to note that he doesn't HAVE to explain anything he does to anyone except maybe Arlie. The fact that he listens to feedback and takes it into consideration while filtering out the noise bound to crop up, is something that really impresses me. So yeah, the game is awesome and it's one reason I'm buying it. But if you've ever encountered a self-centered, egotistical developer who thinks s/he has all the answers and the audience is "the enemy" (see: Raph Koster), you'll probably see why I think the developer is also an important part of a buying decision. Could you honestly see yourself buying a game when/if the developer says the players of said games are morons (it's happened!)?

Of course I'm getting the game, been waiting it for countless months and days. Just the list of the features still amazes me. It's going to be awesome, I'd say maybe the best game ever from the point of view of re-play value and stuff like that. It's endless, and I will enjoy the ride all the way from the start of my promotion to the very end of it. And one thing that I really have to point out: TEW07 is far more difficult than what TEW05. I mean really, we all could get MAW to Global, all it took was time. It was easy. You really could do no wrong in the game, unless you really, really tried. And not even then. So with all those new features, TEW07 is going to be a hell of a challenge, and it's good. It's damn good.

I am buying it because I think this version is really going to allow for a "career" sim where you can go for 20 years+ and watch the industry develop. The previous versions are fun to play but you really can't go further than a few years due to how long it takes to book the shows. A autobooking feature will really open the door to a whole new way of playing plus the debut feature allowing new workers to appear as the game goes on.

i'll be buying it simply because i don't have ANY tew game. fact of the matter is, i don't have a computer. my girlfriend has a mac, so it's not playable without some program crap. i just found out i'm getting a laptop for xmas this year, so i will be purchasing tew 2007. i've played the 05 demo countless times at work and at my parents' house whenever i stop by, but i'm seriously stoked to actually be able to play for more than a cornellverse month....... this game franchise has me hooked!!! i don't even have the damn game, but i venture into the gds forum daily to read what all of you have been doing with your games. once i found out the laptop is on the way, i got out an old notebook for the college days and started writing potential storylines, tag team combos and names, ppv titles, stables, worker quotes/catch phrases, finisher names, etc..... can't wait.

If I wasn't already planning on getting this, the new addition of the "Tournament Title" is reason enough to not go back to playing '05. I'm a huge fan of Japanese wrestling, and I've had the idea for a wrestling Triple Crown (a la the Kentucky Derby) for a while, and I'm psyched about finally being able to do it. Now it just needs to hurry up and get released.

I'm actually looking forward to buying TEW 2007 because of the new Product feature, as well as the new Title Lineage and Future Workers features, among so many others, but the thing I'm most looking forward to is creating my own universe from The CornellVerse and then playing within that universe. :)

I never really got past playing the demos of '04 and '05, because the interface just wasn't streamlined enough and frankly there was too much clicking, all added up, for the time I had left in a day, but with '07 it sounds as though it's been improved quite a bit in that area so I'm most likely going to be grabbing this for that reason alone.. (course i'll wanna test it out just to make sure first ;)) But while improving the GUI and speeding up the whole process of booking and organizing is my main reason, I've gotta say that the extra features and gameplay improvements AR has put into this version is mighty spiffy sounding also.. I'd really have to rack my brains to think what it can't simulate realistically at this stage, I think

I'm definately gonna buy it. Got the demo for the '05 version, but that's only a month so I didn't play it much. I'm really psyched to play a real career with the Cornellverse (since a 'real life' mod would be too subjective for me I guess). I don't care when it gets released (though i can't wait), 'cause i'm gonna buy it end january.

Archived